Hello! Project 2011 WINTER ~Kangei Shinsen Matsuri~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello! Project 2011 WINTER ~Kangei Shinsen Matsuri~

Post by Madara »

Why were the best numbers saved for the extras on the Blu-ray?
Well, they just happened to choose B-2 for the DVD release. It's not like they actually went through and decided on each individual performance. Someone decided it would be B-2 for the DVD.

As for the eggs, I'm pretty sure they mentioned it. Not as a huge press release, but haven't they basically told us what happened to each girl? This girl is leaving, that girl is leaving, etc. I'm sure I heard sometime last year that the eggs were being thinned out.

And, yeah, this was answered sufficiently already, but who did you possibly think they'd replace the shuffle girls with? Everyone else is already in a group, and it's not like anyone new has joined except the 9th gen, and they weren't really members at these concerts yet.

Well, if they hadn't thinned out the Eggs, they could have moved some of them to replace the missing girls in the special units. Why did they get rid of so many Eggs? I don't have the time to follow the comings and goings of each member of the organization outside of the four main acts. I hardly know the names of any of the remaining Eggs. Did they all get fed up and leave? Did they all have potential boyfriend scandals? Did they decide to up and go to college or something? Did UFA simply think they were getting too old? It just seems odd to me that between last summer's H!P concert and this winter's, so many Eggs had just...disappeared.
Last edited by Madara on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BonkyuAsh
こぶしファクトリー

Post by BonkyuAsh »

Some really did just up and disappear our leave without notice. Chisato had a big entry a while ago and took purikura with some friends and her sister and along with her friends, her sisters face was blocked out. If she were still in h!p chisato wouldn't have had to block her face, but she just up and left, no announcement or anything. I george the only girls who were announced were kikkawa yuu, the other milky way girl and the girls who are in ufz's.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Maybe she or UFA figured that, after seven years, they weren't ever going to do anything with her.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
EmEl
ANGERME

Post by EmEl »

While UFA didn't comment on every single girl, they clearly said that the Egg Concert last November would be the final one. The reason was because they were changing their training system. After that concert is when the wave of "____ completed her training" announcements came. But yeah, they never official announced all the girls, but the internet anecdotal evidence said they were gone many months ago. But, killing off the concerts and changing the training program was quite telling.

Anyway, yeah. It all seems to have been UFA's decision, not the girls'.

What's the first thing you do when you return home after a concert?

LinLin: "I stop thinking and stare into nothingness."
Milly
つばきファクトリー

Post by Milly »

Maeda Irori, the egg that is now in AKBN 0, revealed that there was an internal egg audition which she didn't pass.

I'm thinking they realized a lot of girls weren't gonna get far as idols. Also I'm guessing Upfront doesn't have the finances to support promoting the debut of a new group instead focussing on adding girls to Smileage and Morning Musume.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

I don't think it's that they can't afford to start up any new acts. If there was really big potential in these girls, they'd find some way to debut them and make money off of them. Kikka, for example.

What they don't have is the money to invest in the incubation period. (Lame joke unintended). Most eggs just weren't getting much use or exposure. Most of the girls that got extra exposure along the way have already debuted in a group, as a soloist, or been given some sort of career path. Compared to the number of girls that have "graduated" from egg status for one reason or another, not many have been added over the years.

Think about all that's come out of the eggs - Okada Yui in v-u-den, Arihara Kanna in C-ute, a handful of girls in Ongaku Gatas, The Possible, Mano Erina, S/mileage, Kikkawa Yuu, and LinLin + Fukumura Mizuki in MM. And that's only naming the ones that gained a fair amount of longevity and exposure. There are a bunch more doing small-scale idol activities. What was left? A handful of girls that had never been featured in any special unit or showed off to anyone but the really hardcore H!P fans. They probably decided it was best to just cut down to the girls who had the most potential and move on. Who knows, with two auditions running simultaneously we may get a bunch of new eggs to replace the old.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Part 2, focusing on the B concert, is up on my blog.

Find out why Chisato is laughing so hard:

Plus some great solos:

And thanks to Pkyu for first posting that YouTube clip of Airi's solo of "Memory Seishun no Hikari," which is what prompted me to look up the tracklist and buy the Blu-ray.
Last edited by Madara on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Part 3 is up now, with a little attention to:

Minimoni

Zyx

and High-King