Mari the Cheater

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Haru
ANGERME

Re: Mari the Cheater

Post by Haru »

[quote="The☆AEUGNewtype"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="153320" data-time="1369706850">
I'm crying with laughter right now

No, slut-shaming doesn't exist anymore you're 100% right! That's why guys get high-fives for cheating on their wife and girls get thrown into the pits of hell!

Not saying what Mari did is right, but come on. You can't deny that if Mari was male it would've been kept hushhush and all his/her friends would be high-fiving him/her behind the scenes.
</blockquote>

We don't know that Mari's friends were doing that with her. Lots of women are adapting this shitty mentality now as well. Its shitty regardless of what sex does it, but women think its cute and as a way of "getting back" at men by cheating and celebrating it.
[/quote]

I don't think I've ever met a woman who thinks that way? If you'e run into them I apologize, but it's not like all of us feel that way. I know I sure don't.

[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Is it such a bad thing to want a family? It's not like this is the middle east where women don't have a choice but to get married and have kids. Everyone gets a great education and are free to do whatever they want. I understand what you are saying and believe me I was shocked and a little angry when hearing my students saying these things.

Japan currently ranks 10th in suicide rates, South Korea is 2nd and China is 7th.
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... de_rate</a>

I believe the majority of suicides are due to study related failings and economic problems. Especially in Japanese males. I believe the vast majority of suicides in Japan are young men.

I've had no experience of any woman telling me they chose not to have a career because someone told them not to, more often than not it's because the women need a 9-5 job so they can drop the kids off at school and pick them up after work.
My brother in law who works in Yokohama STARTS work at 7am and doesn't leave until 9-10pm. This is a regular day... his wife has no choice but to look for a job that lets her look after the child before/after school.
Her parents live in Osaka and his parents live with me, in Ishikawa.

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Well, this thread went places since I last read it.

JPope, we may disagree but you still my homie for being the few to recognize the greatness that is Ai Araba It's All Right and sticking to your guns *fistbump*
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="rob"]
Is it such a bad thing to want a family? It's not like this is the middle east where women don't have a choice but to get married and have kids. Everyone gets a great education and are free to do whatever they want. I understand what you are saying and believe me I was shocked and a little angry when hearing my students saying these things.

Japan currently ranks 10th in suicide rates, South Korea is 2nd and China is 7th.
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... de_rate</a>
[/quote]
It's not a bad thing, but it's definitely different than per say America, where people want to experience more independence before being tied down to a husband and kids. Not saying that there aren't people in Japan that feel the same way, but as most of my friends and peers (in the US) are or are almost 20, even older, I don't really hear them say "I want to get married and have kids!" But I definitely have heard it from some of my Japanese friends when I was in high school.

I know it's 10th, I check beforehand, but it's still Top 10 and I did say some of the highest in the world. :)
Last edited by momoirosaya on Tue May 28, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

so then our cultures are different, as I said when I first heard the high school girls saying all they wanted to do was to get married and have kids I was shocked too, but surely it come to no surprise that things are different in different cultures?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

This should be renamed "Gender Studies on the BBS" thread.

I'm trying to stay out of this thread.

Cheating is wrong, no matter who the party is, and it's a very sensitive topic for me.

I wish it wasn't expected of me to have a career, all I want to do is be a stay at home mom and pop out kids and have dinner on the table for my husband when I get home, and then bang all night, but now it seems practically no one can make it on a single income and that sucks to me.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

^I feel the same way, yuzu. We are saving saving saving so I can at least stay home with our future kids until they are preschool age. Cost of living here isn't as high as other states, so it should be doable.

In all of my women and gender studies courses (one class short of the minor, but screw staying another semester for one class!), I always felt like I was looked down on for actually wanting to be a homemaker. I want people of either gender to be able to do what they want as far as roles in society. 

That being said, if you are going to make marriage vows to someone, keep them or get out of the marriage. Some people can't get married, and I feel it is disrespectful to pretty much everyone to take a big shit on marriage like that. 

Being cheated on creates an awful feeling...

I think the celebrity marriage points were very interesting, too. 
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Man. All I can say is it's a shame that this happened but like others have said, we don't know the full extent of their lives to judge one party or the other for it.

I was going to end this with 'I hope they can work this out' but I guess not, as <a href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/entertainm ... ull/">Mari and husband have filed for divorce today</a>. :c
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

[quote="Haru"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The☆AEUGNewtype" data-cid="153397" data-time="1369789078">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="153320" data-time="1369706850">
I'm crying with laughter right now

No, slut-shaming doesn't exist anymore you're 100% right! That's why guys get high-fives for cheating on their wife and girls get thrown into the pits of hell!

Not saying what Mari did is right, but come on. You can't deny that if Mari was male it would've been kept hushhush and all his/her friends would be high-fiving him/her behind the scenes.
</blockquote>

We don't know that Mari's friends were doing that with her. Lots of women are adapting this shitty mentality now as well. Its shitty regardless of what sex does it, but women think its cute and as a way of "getting back" at men by cheating and celebrating it.
[/quote]

I don't think I've ever met a woman who thinks that way? If you'e run into them I apologize, but it's not like all of us feel that way. I know I sure don't.

</div>
</blockquote>

No one said anything about "all" women feeling this way, but yes, I have encountered them and had to deal with some. It is a thing.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kalle" data-cid="153596" data-time="1369928765">
Man. All I can say is it's a shame that this happened but like others have said, we don't know the full extent of their lives to judge one party or the other for it.

I was going to end this with 'I hope they can work this out' but I guess not, as <a href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/entertainm ... ull/">Mari and husband have filed for divorce today</a>. :c</blockquote>

It is so weird that I'm sad about that. I don't usually care about celebrity relationships at all but they were very cute. Marriage is hard.

Also, enmi, I'm sorry people looked down on you. I personally would want to be a stay at home mom until preschool age, but I'm not sure I'd want to stay home otherwise. Sitting around the house for eight months boooored me so bad. And not having money made it way worse.
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Nothing new to say after 4 pages worth of stuff, but it's upsetting to hear that Mari cheated on her husband and that the marriage is ending. I was hoping they would have a happy future together; the height difference was really cute, too. 
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

[quote="enmi"]
^I feel the same way, yuzu. We are saving saving saving so I can at least stay home with our future kids until they are preschool age. Cost of living here isn't as high as other states, so it should be doable.

In all of my women and gender studies courses (one class short of the minor, but screw staying another semester for one class!), I always felt like I was looked down on for actually wanting to be a homemaker. I want people of either gender to be able to do what they want as far as roles in society. 

That being said, if you are going to make marriage vows to someone, keep them or get out of the marriage. Some people can't get married, and I feel it is disrespectful to pretty much everyone to take a big shit on marriage like that. 

Being cheated on creates an awful feeling...

I think the celebrity marriage points were very interesting, too. 
[/quote]

<div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Preferences</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div>§</div>
<div>1</div>
<div>2</div>
<div>3</div>
<div>4</div>
<div>5</div>
<div>6</div>
<div>7</div>
<div>8</div>
<div>9</div>
<div>0</div>
<div>-</div>
<div>=</div>
<div>Backspace</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tab</div>
<div>q</div>
<div>w</div>
<div>e</div>
<div>r</div>
<div>t</div>
<div>y</div>
<div>u</div>
<div>i</div>
<div>o</div>
<div>p</div>
<div>[</div>
<div>]</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Return</div>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>capslock</div>
<div>a</div>
<div>s</div>
<div>d</div>
<div>f</div>
<div>g</div>
<div>h</div>
<div>j</div>
<div>k</div>
<div>l</div>
<div>;</div>
<div>'</div>
<div>\</div>
<div> </div>
<div>shift</div>
<div>`</div>
<div>z</div>
<div>x</div>
<div>c</div>
<div>v</div>
<div>b</div>
<div>n</div>
<div>m</div>
<div>,</div>
<div>.</div>
<div>/</div>
<div>shift</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>English</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Deutsch</div>
</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Español</div>
</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Français</div>
</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Italiano</div>
</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Português</div>
</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Русский</div>
</div>
<div> </div>
</div>
</div>
<div>alt</div>
<div></div>
<div>alt</div>
<div> </div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Preferences</div>
</div>
</div>
I've want to have at least one child before I'm 29 and I hope that I can be a stay at home mom until the child is 5. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom. I plan to finish school and all that but I know this is strange coming from a 20 year old, I want a family someday and I think it's very wrong for people to look down on career vs. family because both come with their own rewards. They can't be compared to one another or quantified in a way to say one is better than the other because they are different. Feminism to me is about choice. Women chose to be stay at home moms and politicians and loads of other things. It's proof of how far we've come not what work that still needs to be done.

Mari has disappointed me...It seems like she wanted to be caught and it was very childish. If you're unhappy just go. I have never been cheated on but I am fully aware of what betrayal feels like and it burns like a mother%&$#^#. It would've have been better if she just divorced him then she could have did anything she wanted to. This whole HA HA HA. I'll show you or get back at you is disgusting IMHO.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="153745" data-time="1370025235">Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt</blockquote>
What the fuck ? haha
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="153811" data-time="1370045853"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="153745" data-time="1370025235">
Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt</blockquote>What the fuck ? haha</blockquote>

This has been happening to be since the update everytime I use Safari on my Mac.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I just realized...Mari left MM because of seeing a guy...she left her husband because of seeing a guy...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Yep, we've already established Mari loves the D. Apparently ALL THE DS!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="YuuakuRisa"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="153811" data-time="1370045853">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="153745" data-time="1370025235">
Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt
</blockquote>
What the fuck ? haha</blockquote>
This has been happening to be since the update everytime I use Safari on my Mac.

[/quote]

Macs are evil.
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

[quote="Madara"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="153859" data-time="1370066334">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="153811" data-time="1370045853">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="153745" data-time="1370025235">
Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt
</blockquote>

[/quote]

Macs are evil.

</div>
</blockquote>
You would think people would remove the problem text when replying to save space, but nope.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

[quote="AurA"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="153913" data-time="1370123487">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="153859" data-time="1370066334">
<div>

Preferences

</blockquote>

[/quote]

Macs are evil.

</div>
</blockquote>
You would think people would remove the problem text when replying to save space, but nope.

</div>
</blockquote>
lol I thought this as well.

Made by Haru!
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

And then y'all quote it!
At least Mugi had the decency to remove it from his quote.

:dammit:
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm guessing Aura's was intentional, but Madara is Madara so. :p
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Sorry guys. Lol! I didn't realize it would get so bad. When I tried to edit to make my post smaller on my computer it would still do the same thing. On my IPhone it doesn't do that which is so odd because isn't it the same operating system?
Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Post by Nacchi »

I'm not defending Mari in any way and I think cheating is wrong as well.
I have lost all my respect to her but I just need to say this (if someone else hasn't already said it):

If Mari cheated on her husband, once, twice or many more times, it doesn't really matter.
Because the fact that she cheated on him means that she wasn't happy with their marriage.
Abe Natsumi <3
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="KawaiiYankee"]
I'm not defending Mari in any way and I think cheating is wrong as well.
I have lost all my respect to her but I just need to say this (if someone else hasn't already said it):

If Mari cheated on her husband, once, twice or many more times, it doesn't really matter.
Because the fact that she cheated on him means that she wasn't happy with their marriage.
[/quote]

Nope, she got drunk, met a cute guy and while the husband was away, she decided to play.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

And do you have proof?
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

:|

Insuating things is never wise, just in general fyi.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Well now half the people she's worked with are coming out and saying she slept around with multiple guys, and she's already been dropped from three of her formerly regular shows.

Pretty much looks like all the talk about her being blacklisted is true. I wonder if it'll go to Kagogate levels of craziness and she'll be striken from HP history as well.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Well I think cheating is awful, but blacklisting her or dropping her due to her affair(s) seems a bit extreme.  I have a long way to go in my understanding of Japanese media, though. 

It does make a little that if she is getting negative press that the shows wouldn't want her around attracting negative press for them, but other than that...
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I know I'm coming in on this topic late but I've got to say that I was really saddened when I heard about this. Mari was one of my favorite members once upon a time and, even though I didn't follow her career too much in recent years, I still respected her. While I find what she did to her husband inexcusible and reprehensible, I can't say that I now dislike her or have lost all of my respect for her. I really think that her being blacklisted is going overboard though.  
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I doubt she's blacklisted as much as just on break until the drama dies down a bit. At least that's what I'm thinking is going on there. No one wants to bring her on a show where she could possibly be ridiculed with this fresh in their minds, potentially bringing down the show too.