Mari the Cheater

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: Mari the Cheater

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="showraniy"]
I doubt she's blacklisted as much as just on break until the drama dies down a bit. At least that's what I'm thinking is going on there. No one wants to bring her on a show where she could possibly be ridiculed with this fresh in their minds, potentially bringing down the show too.
[/quote]

I predict a teary-eyed Mari making a shallow special interview/show thing à la what Maki did within six months.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiniLovely
モーニング娘。

Post by MiniLovely »

What Maki did? What happened with Maki?
<p class="bbc_center">ImageImageImage
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦

♥ Mimo ◦ Blog! ♥
<p class="bbc_center">[url="<a href="http://fuckyeahmichishigesayumi.tumblr. ... lr.com/</a>"]♥ FUCK YE☆H S☆YUMI ♥[/url]
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Now I hear Shirota Yu's been involved with Mari/cheating mess.  Straight through the heart :puppyeyes: say it ain't so.....
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="154403" data-time="1370468394"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="154395" data-time="1370463316">

I doubt she's blacklisted as much as just on break until the drama dies down a bit. At least that's what I'm thinking is going on there. No one wants to bring her on a show where she could possibly be ridiculed with this fresh in their minds, potentially bringing down the show too.</blockquote>

I predict a teary-eyed Mari making a shallow special interview/show thing à la what Maki did within six months.</blockquote>

That was about her mom's death, not cheating. Low, man, low.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Closest recent scandal I can think of is Koda Kumi's off-hand remarks about waiting too long to have a baby.  That resulted in lots of tears, loss of endorsements, and a self(?) imposed hiatus.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

[quote="Zoe"]
Closest recent scandal I can think of is Koda Kumi's off-hand remarks about waiting too long to have a baby.  That resulted in lots of tears, loss of endorsements, and a self(?) imposed hiatus.
[/quote]

Rotten amniotic fluid was pretty funny though. This isn't. :/
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Petit Hulk"]
:|

Insuating things is never wise, just in general fyi.
[/quote]

Are you guys serious? It was reported this way on the news.

She was at a bar with guy, husband was away working, they were drinking, go back to apartment, husband was suspicious of her having affairs before so he came home early to check and confirmed his suspicious to be true.

Proof... Insuations... Nope, just facts.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="Zoe"]
That resulted in lots of tears, loss of endorsements, and a self(?) imposed hiatus.
[/quote]

It was definitely a forced hiatus. The scandal happened right as she was promoting Kingdom, so they killed all her promotion (TV spots, radio shows, banners, posters, etc.) and she did that recorded <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYg3_qS ... terview</a>, but she ended up doing the Kingdom tour that year. This was coming off Koda Kumi's all-time-high. Black Cherry had just sold a brillion copies and charted forever, her arena tour got that huge final live (fantastic DVD btw), and she had a string of big singles (including one with the then-incredible Tohoshinki) and avex still shut her down like a pile of bricks. She's sort of recovered and has a lot of releases now, but her sales are very low. Something this explicit could mean the end of Mari as we know it.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Petit Hulk"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="154403" data-time="1370468394">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="154395" data-time="1370463316">

I doubt she's blacklisted as much as just on break until the drama dies down a bit. At least that's what I'm thinking is going on there. No one wants to bring her on a show where she could possibly be ridiculed with this fresh in their minds, potentially bringing down the show too.
</blockquote>

I predict a teary-eyed Mari making a shallow special interview/show thing à la what Maki did within six months.</blockquote>

That was about her mom's death, not cheating. Low, man, low.

[/quote]

I know what it was about.
But it'd be the same awkward thing.
Low ? That's exactly the impression I got from her when she went on TV to make a show about her mom's death.
AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

LOL, Mari is cheating with Tuxedo Mask. These fandoms are getting all crossed over, some people are going to shit themselves.
Last edited by AEUGNewtype on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="rob"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Petit Hulk" data-cid="154178" data-time="1370334866">
<div>

[/quote]

She was at a bar with guy, husband was away working, they were drinking, go back to apartment, husband was suspicious of her having affairs before so he came home early to check and confirmed his suspicious to be true.

</div>
</blockquote>

Then please link them (and make it a proper source, not any of this Japanese version of US Weekly shit) because I've yet to see any accounts of this on any news site I've seen.

[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="neshcom"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="154427" data-time="1370481464">
<div>
That resulted in lots of tears, loss of endorsements, and a self(?) imposed hiatus.
[/quote]

It was definitely a forced hiatus. The scandal happened right as she was promoting Kingdom, so they killed all her promotion (TV spots, radio shows, banners, posters, etc.) and she did that recorded <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYg3_qS ... terview</a>, but she ended up doing the Kingdom tour that year. This was coming off Koda Kumi's all-time-high. Black Cherry had just sold a brillion copies and charted forever, her arena tour got that huge final live (fantastic DVD btw), and she had a string of big singles (including one with the then-incredible Tohoshinki) and avex still shut her down like a pile of bricks. She's sort of recovered and has a lot of releases now, but her sales are very low. Something this explicit could mean the end of Mari as we know it.

</div>
</blockquote>

Kumi's following albums (TRICK in particular) didn't sell super low though. I personally stopped paying attention to her with Japonesque because her music became terrible when she started collaborating with her husband. He's really the worst decision musically she has ever made. Semi-tangent, but just saying I don't think that super dumb scandal ruined her career; she just lost steam and people probably got bored. Crappy releases starting with Poppin' Love Cocktail probably didn't help either.

BUUUUT... saying that, I'm thinking Mari should recover fine from this. I mean, if Kumi can kinda survive insulting the no-baby-having sensitive Japanese women in a super patriarchal baby-having housewife society, Mari's tiny little remnants of career can survive sleeping around a few times and failing a no-one-cared-anyway marriage. Now, if this were a high profile marriage like Brad and Angelina is in the U.S. where the marriage is a huuuge part of their brand, I would think differently, but who really cared about Mari and Nakamura anyway? As far as the public and media go, of course.
Last edited by showraniy on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

It could be damage control on the part of UFA as well, since it's likely if Mari were on her shows/doing press events for her activities they would question her about the affair and the projects wouldn't get tied with her, they'd get tied her cheating (if that makes sense).
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Haru"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="154455" data-time="1370499109">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Petit Hulk" data-cid="154178" data-time="1370334866">
<div>

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

Then please link them (and make it a proper source, not any of this Japanese version of US Weekly shit) because I've yet to see any accounts of this on any news site I've seen.

</div>
</blockquote>

The links are in this thread somewhere.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

You want to know where honest to god, captial M Misogyny exists? The Middle East, that's where.

Outside of that, not so much. Mostly, it's first world feminists shouting wolf in hopes of confusing things they don't like with actual victimization.

Have fun with that one.
Last edited by JPope on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.