S/mileage's "Yattaruchan / Atarashii Watashi ni Nare!"

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Re: S/mileage's "Yattaruchan / Atarashii Watashi ni Nare!"

Post by sayu1991 »

So far I'm not liking anything about Yattaruchan. I don't find the song catchy, the outfits are all wrong, and whoever styled Meimi's hair for it needs to go. It's hideous. :sick:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

^That's pretty much what I've been assuming.

I think it's a nice contrast to Atarashii Watashi Ni Nare.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

The second set of shoes reminds me of 1 2 3
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

[quote="Molly"]
[/quote]

They spray painted them black and BAM, new shoes!

Made by Haru!
bowbow0720
Kenshuusei

Post by bowbow0720 »

[quote="Mugi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="153766" data-time="1370035663">
<div>
[/quote]

They spray painted them black and BAM, new shoes!

</div>
</blockquote>
They could be Morning Coffee's boots with more shoe shine!!
Don't all H!P's boots look the same. Sometimes I wonder if they ever reuse them.
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

THESE GIRLS. They're so cute.
I'm trying to look at the Atarashii Watashi ni Nare! pictures but me eyes are burning from the white-on-white. :popper:
<p class="bbc_center">Image
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Meimei has some 50s rocker dude hair or some shit goin' on... I halfway like it and I halfway want to warn her there is a creature on her head.
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="152695" data-time="1369261762"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="'Rally'" data-cid="152685" data-time="1369259731">
Holy shit <a href="http://mm-bbs.org/public/style_emoticon ... eed.gif</a>
</blockquote>
2013 is turning out to be a good year for S/mileage.</blockquote>

This is the coolest single S/mileage has ever had!

The dance is very cool. This song sounds like something Tsunku wrote for C-ute but gave to S/mileage instead? Anyone else get that feeling? The Cherography is a little mature...
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm starting to see a lot of C-ute-S/mileage similarities in songs lately. Like C-ute c/w to Kiss Me Aishiteru (Hatachimae no Onna no Ko), reminds me of a song that S/mileage would get. 

Perhaps this is just payback? :D (Or not, don't listen to me.)
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1nbn ... mp3">Radio rip of Yattaruchan</a> but it IS a download. And also in middle of a Young Town since Kana was the guest. Hopefully it'll show up on Youtube later. Lurkette from H!O says that Akari thinks it's the most high energy PV they've ever done.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

Yattaruchan sounds like so much fun! The radio rip sounds great.

I love really fun, hyper songs like that that don't go too overboard.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Anderei"]
<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1nbn ... mp3">Radio rip of Yattaruchan</a> but it IS a download. And also in middle of a Young Town since Kana was the guest. Hopefully it'll show up on Youtube later. Lurkette from H!O says that Akari thinks it's the most high energy PV they've ever done.
[/quote]

This is gonna be good.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Thanks to LiamMusume, here is the <a href="http://youtu.be/9cMcSFS-U6U">YouTube Rip.</a>

I like it, I hope this gets a video game type MV to it. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM-TXkMA6PU">Yattaruchan MV</a> at 21:20. 

I love the fact that Kana gets so much time, but I don't like the song much compared to Atarashii Watashi ni Nare. The MV is kind of futuristic, I guess. The guitar parts just seemed silly, though.

I was playing the MV a second time to get used to the song, but I ended up turning it off because my husband said the song is way too obnoxious. 
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Sayu"]
So far I'm not liking anything about Yattaruchan. I don't find the song catchy, the outfits are all wrong, and whoever styled Meimi's hair for it needs to go. It's hideous. :sick:
[/quote]
I was thinking the opposite for everything you said. I think Meimi's hair looks really good on her!

The PV  isn't anything special, but the energy the girls put out is awesome. Kana does an awesome job at the speaking parts, and Meimi's bridge part was maybe my favorite thing in the entire video. She acts pretty goofy throughout it though. I like this song better than the other.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Akari rocked this. I really love her brown hair it helps her to stand out even more than before. 

Seeing Meimi rock some pique turns in this really made me love her even more. :wub: 
AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

Yattaruchan could've been a pretty awesome song if the vocals didn't ruin it. Why didn't this go to Berryz so there could actually be a good sounding version? Yet another listenable song ruined by H!P's vocal production. Sigh. Atarashii is just bad all around, but Yattaruchan could've been quite good.
Last edited by AEUGNewtype on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I love when their PVs have them running up to the camera and singing, somehow S/mileage does it the best ^_^

Every PV of theirs that involved a shot like that I liked, and this one's no exception.

Only thing I dislike is the background, it got really distracting at times.
Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

[quote="YuuakuRisa"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="152695" data-time="1369261762">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="'Rally'" data-cid="152685" data-time="1369259731">
Holy shit <a href="http://mm-bbs.org/public/style_emoticon ... eed.gif</a>
</blockquote>
2013 is turning out to be a good year for S/mileage.</blockquote>

The dance is very cool. This song sounds like something Tsunku wrote for C-ute but gave to S/mileage instead? Anyone else get that feeling? The Cherography is a little mature...

[/quote]

I would say Morning Musume, because it's pretty obvious where Sakura would come in, or heck, Takahashi or LinLin. I can tell where Sayumi would appear too. (iwasenai-i-ii-iii)  It reminds me of a MUCH better version of the Osaka Umainen song. It references melodies of the same era of music and uses the big voice moments.

Actually, the more I listen to this, I realize I'm missing the most obvious group... Mini Moni! I can definitely see this coming after Lucky Cha Cha Cha. Takahashi would have done the ballet twirl part, of course. I love how much attitude Meimi has in this. It's kind of surprising. They are finally using this group correctly. I knew some of them could sing better than they show in S/mileage songs, but they are really challenging their usual sound right now.

I wish they didn't force YABAI into the lyrics because everything else worked so well and the extra syllable sounds jarring in comparison.

The best part about this single is I love the 1st track after hearing it in full, and the 2nd A-side's preview sounded even cooler to me.
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I really like this kind of S/mileage, crazy, whacky, cute, funny!
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Cuca Ver. better be good!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="The☆AEUGNewtype"]
Yattaruchan could've been a pretty awesome song if the vocals didn't ruin it. Why didn't this go to Berryz so there could actually be a good sounding version? Yet another listenable song ruined by H!P's vocal production. Sigh. Atarashii is just bad all around, but Yattaruchan could've been quite good.
[/quote]

I actually was just thinking all of their vocals seem to be quite improved, at least in the studio version.  It seems that they stopped singing with the annoying cutesy voice for this song.
Kaori • Risako 

YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pucchi mo" data-cid="154456" data-time="1370499438"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="153861" data-time="1370067780">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="152695" data-time="1369261762"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-cid="152685" data-time="1369259731">
Holy shit <a href="http://mm-bbs.org/public/style_emoticon ... quote>2013 is turning out to be a good year for S/mileage.</blockquote>

</blockquote>

I would say Morning Musume, because it's pretty obvious where Sakura would come in, or heck, Takahashi or LinLin. I can tell where Sayumi would appear too. (iwasenai-i-ii-iii) It reminds me of a MUCH better version of the Osaka Umainen song. It references melodies of the same era of music and uses the big voice moments.

Actually, the more I listen to this, I realize I'm missing the most obvious group... Mini Moni! I can definitely see this coming after Lucky Cha Cha Cha. Takahashi would have done the ballet twirl part, of course. I love how much attitude Meimi has in this. It's kind of surprising. They are finally using this group correctly. I knew some of them could sing better than they show in S/mileage songs, but they are really challenging their usual sound right now.

I wish they didn't force YABAI into the lyrics because everything else worked so well and the extra syllable sounds jarring in comparison.

The best part about this single is I love the 1st track after hearing it in full, and the 2nd A-side's preview sounded even cooler to me.</blockquote>

I meant the other A-side. Now that you mention it it does sound like a mini moni song. Post-Mari grad mini moni.
AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

[quote="yuzuriha"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The☆AEUGNewtype" data-cid="154448" data-time="1370493775">
<div>
[/quote]

I actually was just thinking all of their vocals seem to be quite improved, at least in the studio version.  It seems that they stopped singing with the annoying cutesy voice for this song.

</div>
</blockquote>

Um, I don't think we even listened to the same song, cause about 75% of the song was stupid fucking cutesy voices and singing with duck lips or pout faces, its irritating as all shit.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'll absolutely give you duck face but I really felt like they were using less annoying voices.
Kaori • Risako 

sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

[quote="Myst"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="153728" data-time="1370020149">
<div>
[/quote]
I was thinking the opposite for everything you said. I think Meimi's hair looks really good on her!

The PV  isn't anything special, but the energy the girls put out is awesome. Kana does an awesome job at the speaking parts, and Meimi's bridge part was maybe my favorite thing in the entire video. She acts pretty goofy throughout it though. I like this song better than the other.

</div>
</blockquote>

After seeing the MV and hearing the studio version for the first time, I do like it a bit better than when they sang live. I still don't like Meimi's hair but I love her vocals in the song. I didn't like her when she first joined S/mileage but since her singing voice deepened it's wonderful. Future H!P ace for sure.
There's one part in the song though that is just...No. They repeat the same word three times at the end of lines like, "Can, Can, Can" and "Do, Do, Do" which is fine but at one point they use the word "kimoi" three times and it just does NOT work. Still, Yattaruchan may just grow on me yet...
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I feel like I'm the only one that likes the song and S/mileage doing it...ahaha
rikako♡eripon♡airi
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="154523" data-time="1370568994">
I feel like I'm the only one that likes the song and S/mileage doing it...ahaha</blockquote>

I adore Yattaruchan, you're not the only one <3
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I like it too! With all the Kana and Meimi, how could I not?
Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

[quote="The☆AEUGNewtype"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="154477" data-time="1370531882">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The☆AEUGNewtype" data-cid="154448" data-time="1370493775">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

Um, I don't think we even listened to the same song, cause about 75% of the song was stupid fucking cutesy voices and singing with duck lips or pout faces, its irritating as all shit.

</div>
</blockquote>

Well, maybe it's because the 75% is a decrease in irritating cutesy vocals for a S/mileage song.  :sideways:
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup: