Berryz Kobo - "Golden Chinatown/Sayonara Usotsuki na Watashi"

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

showraniy
ANGERME

Re: Berryz Kobo - "Golden Chinatown/Sayonara Usotsuki na Watashi"

Post by showraniy »

Saki's red hair is fabulous. She's Captain, right? Whenever people use that name, I never know who they're talking about.

I think I'll notice her more with red hair though, and hopefully remember to tell her apart from Chinami now. (Or is it Chisato? No, Chisato's in... um.. C-ute, right? Crap. >_O)

But honestly, Sayonara is doing nothing for me. I dunno. I still really like Chinatown though, and the girls' styling is awesome in Sayonara, but Sayonara's lyrics and melody do nothing for me. It might take a few more listens.
MiniLovely
モーニング娘。

Post by MiniLovely »

Saki is Captain, yes! Most groups have a leader, but Berryz has a Captain. It's their little thing,

Chisato? She's the short girl with (currently) short hair in C-ute. The girl with short (right now) hair in Berryz is Chinami.

Saki really does look great!

I feel like Berryz has been doing as much as they can to feature Momoko both in and out of pigtails. She and her management probably feel trapped into it, since it's her persona that's made her popular and when people know of her and look into what she's doing, she's what they're looking to see, but on the other hand it's her persona that might negatively affect the group. It's a tough spot.
<p class="bbc_center">ImageImageImage
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦

♥ Mimo ◦ Blog! ♥
<p class="bbc_center">[url="<a href="http://fuckyeahmichishigesayumi.tumblr. ... lr.com/</a>"]♥ FUCK YE☆H S☆YUMI ♥[/url]
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

[quote="showraniy"]
I think I'll notice her more with red hair though, and hopefully remember to tell her apart from Chinami now. (Or is it Chisato? No, Chisato's in... um.. C-ute, right? Crap. >_O)
[/quote]

It's okay, I was the same way for a while; it took me a while to tell them apart.  :hahaha:  Wasn't as bad as it was with gen 9/10 when I first got back into MM. though.  Oy.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="showraniy"]
Saki's red hair is fabulous. She's Captain, right? Whenever people use that name, I never know who they're talking about.
[/quote]

She's the one that doesn't get any exposure. haha

How can you still not know their names ? You've been on the board for 3 years now. lol
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="154136" data-time="1370305468"><a href="http://www.mtv81.com/videos/video-inter ... t-2/">Part 2</a> of the Interview with Chinami and Maasa is out.</blockquote>Awesome. Here's hoping that "I want to do a gig in London" is a polite Japanese way of saying "Fuck Paris already".

About the single, neither song or MV is very good. But I like Sayonara better, there's something to the structure of the song that calls for repeat and careful listening, whereas Chinatown is an all-out borefest.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="154750" data-time="1370745340"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="154722" data-time="1370716472">

Saki's red hair is fabulous. She's Captain, right? Whenever people use that name, I never know who they're talking about.</blockquote>

She's the one that doesn't get any exposure. haha

How can you still not know their names ? You've been on the board for 3 years now. lol</blockquote>

THREE YEARS? Good grief, that time flew by. And I didn't pay attention to C-ute or BK until about two months ago, so I only knew the front girls (Risako, Airi, Maimi). I'm pretty good at not paying any attention to things I don't care about. :lol:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ranked #6 with 31,558 copies.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="Anderei"]
Ranked #6 with 31,558 copies.
[/quote]

This sold well for Berryz. And thats good, this single seemed interesting and I hoped it would sell better than Berryz Kobo typically does. But golden china town was pretty boring.
Last edited by Elpis on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
zlilzlilzlil
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by zlilzlilzlil »

Those sales are not only good, it's their best first week, even beating Dschinghis Khan that sold 30,667 copies on it first week, it also sold more than the total sales of want or asian celebration.

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Congrats to my babiiiiies! <3

Oh god that was so obnoxious.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Its seemed to have sold well, only a few thousand left to go before it outsells Dschinghis Khan. 

Its about time DK was outsold. Even though this isn't their best work, I want it to sell well.

Formerly Mizura