What are you playing?

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Anderei »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
I just want to talk about Animal Crossing.
[/quote]

Look who showed up in my town:

The silliest villager I've ever gotten. I also had a purple frog named Diva move in.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

OMG I WANT A CLOWN TOO!

I didn't get a chance to play until everything was closed last night.  :(  But I did pull a super COOL KID move and play Animal Crossing and Itadaki Street simultaneously.  I'm just THAT badass.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
OMG I WANT A CLOWN TOO!

I didn't get a chance to play until everything was closed last night.  :(  But I did pull a super COOL KID move and play Animal Crossing and Itadaki Street simultaneously.  I'm just THAT badass.
[/quote]

I did so much fishing last night and made so much money, and thennnnnnn... I accidentally turned it off without saving.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="155025" data-time="1371047366">
<div>
OMG I WANT A CLOWN TOO!

[/quote]

I did so much fishing last night and made so much money, and thennnnnnn... I accidentally turned it off without saving.

</div>
</blockquote>

New Leaf doesn't have auto-save? You'd think with all the bother they give you when you do that that they'd have put in auto-save or something.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I finally saw a trailer for FFXV.

SE Host Club, the game. I do like there's a dude with glasses with that stern "I'll punish you, you naughty girl" look. I'm not really hyped on character designs other than <a href="http://i.imgur.com/qjZXHxP.jpg">yayglasses</a> and that <a href="http://www.ff-versusxiii.net/images/med ... ng">pretty black haired chick</a> (<3) so I'll see how horrible the reviews are before thinking about playing it. <a href="http://www.ff-versusxiii.net/images/med ... ng">Blonde chick</a> reminds me of Ayumi Hamasaki. No, I'm not bothering to remember those fuck-stupid Latin names he pulled out of his Japanese->Latin diccionario. I think I'm missing the days when I was like zOMGFINALFANTASY so I want to be hyped for this game, but I don't.

Oh, and:
Gladiolus Amicitia (Kenta Miyake)
The eldest son of a household tasked with protecting the royal family from generation to generation. A close friend of Noctis who is closer to him than a true brother.

I hear the thunder of key clicking. Slaaaash slash slash slash for everyone!

(Lol that fucking name what the fuck is that shit lolololol)
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Petit Hulk"]
I finally saw a trailer for FFXV.

I think I'm missing the days when I was like zOMGFINALFANTASY so I want to be hyped for this game, but I don't.

[/quote]

I stopped bothering after FFXIII was announced.  They will never make a Final Fantasy that I love as much as 6,7, and 9 again, so I have no need to buy Playstation/Xbones or whatever.

The only thing that could do it is a new Tactics.

Kaori • Risako 

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="155042" data-time="1371062910"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Petit Hulk" data-cid="155041" data-time="1371062801">I finally saw a trailer for FFXV.
 I think I'm missing the days when I was like zOMGFINALFANTASY so I want to be hyped for this game, but I don't.</blockquote> 
I stopped bothering after FFXIII was announced.  They will never make a Final Fantasy that I love as much as 6,7, and 9 again, so I have no need to buy Playstation/Xbones or whatever.

The only thing that could do it is a new Tactics.</blockquote>
But there is! FOR CELL PHONES!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, Matsuno isn't at SE anymore, so they can fuck off with the Ivalice stuff because no Matsuno=no sale. :hmph:
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Yeah, the last FF that I found interesting was 10.
As for Versus 13 15 it's another non-turn-based battle system, so I barely give a shit.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="Ap2000"]
As for Versus 13 15 it's another non-turn-based battle system, so I barely give a shit.
[/quote]

Conversely, I think a very action-oriented FF is exactly what the series needs. I'm so hype for this game that I haven't been pessimistic about it for 6 years! It really does looks like a Kingdom Hearts-style system and that's the game I want: Kingdom Hearts without that silly little plot.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="neshcom"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="155045" data-time="1371064017">
<div>
[/quote]

Conversely, I think a very action-oriented FF is exactly what the series needs. I'm so hype for this game that I haven't been pessimistic about it for 6 years! It really does looks like a Kingdom Hearts-style system and that's the game I want: Kingdom Hearts without that silly little plot.

</div>
</blockquote>

12 and 13 were action-oriented.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="neshcom" data-cid="155046" data-time="1371065525">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="155045" data-time="1371064017">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

12 and 13 were action-oriented.

</div>
</blockquote>

Action-oriented. I didn't play 12, so I can't speak to it, but the gameplay for 15 looks like it'll be straight action(-adventure) than the loose ATB from 13.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="neshcom"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="155031" data-time="1371052844">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="155025" data-time="1371047366">
<div>
OMG I WANT A CLOWN TOO!

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

New Leaf doesn't have auto-save? You'd think with all the bother they give you when you do that that they'd have put in auto-save or something.

</div>
</blockquote>

Nope, no auto-save. Just the same save and quit or save and continue option. Resetti only shows up once though and then the game never hassles you again. You have to specifically build something if you want him back since players complained about him so much.

Last edited by Anderei on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Oh, so Versus is XV now? Good move on their side, but I still hate Kingdom Hearts, so I DON'T want Nomura writing it or a KH battle system. Non-turn based combat can be awesome; KH's just sucked.

I want to be optimistic about XV, but just can't with Nomura on it honestly. :/
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I hate action oriented for Final Fantasy.  I like planning out my strategy for the battles which only works well in turn based.  OR TACTICS.

UGH I would love a tactics game on a next gen system so badly.
Kaori • Risako 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

All of the shame...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7 ... e_l7S3g</a>

It. Gets. Even. Better.
"Best Buy E3 Experience events being ambushed by Microsoft in order to push Xbox One?"
<a href="http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewsto ... =205110</a>
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
I hate action oriented for Final Fantasy.  I like planning out my strategy for the battles which only works well in turn based.  OR TACTICS.

UGH I would love a tactics game on a next gen system so badly.
[/quote]

So much truth, yuzu.
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
Wapiko
ANGERME

Post by Wapiko »

Eternal Sonata! 
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="Ap2000"]
All of the shame...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7 ... e_l7S3g</a>

It. Gets. Even. Better.
"Best Buy E3 Experience events being ambushed by Microsoft in order to push Xbox One?"
<a href="http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewsto ... =205110</a>
[/quote]

<a href="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 6">Similar story</a>: GameStop employees in certain locations are passing out leaflets about XBone's DRM policies and their in-store monitors are playing Sony's E3 coverage and pieces on XBone's issues. Obviously, a lot of that is on a store-by-store basis.
Also, rumors are saying <a href="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... >Gamestops are getting 2x as many reserve slots</a> for PS4 either due to XBone's rumored/truthfacted middling yields or limited availability of the "Day One" editions.

In not-news, my copy of The Last of Us comes in tomorrow! Very excited for those zombie feels again.

I bought PS+ the other day on account of an excess of filthy, plebeian physical money and the TMI-nature of the Sony conference. I got LBP Kart Racing and it's been...okay. I'm not seeing any difference from ModNation racers which is also very mediocre in its mildness. I would've gotten Uncharted 3, but fuck if it isn't 40 gigabytes (which means you need 80 gigabytes to download and install!). I also got XCOM, but haven't played it yet either.

Finally, a copy of PS All Stars Battle Royale and played through arcade mode once. It's a very slow game. Three minute rounds feel very long and the fighting animations feel blocky. Maybe it'll get better with time, but there's just nothing mind-blowing. All the right pieces are there: decent PS-related characters, stages mashing up franchises, 2D platform fighting, character customization. None of it comes together! Wasn't this game supposed to be made by fighting game veterans? That's the saddest problem: the path was cleared for a good game, but the execution is cheap. 
Plus, I bought a used copy on Amazon for more than it would have cost to get on sale this week on PS+ AND my copy's online code was already activated.  :veins:

And screw y'all's nostalgia goggles. Final Fantasy as an action game proper could be spectacular.  :frown:
Last edited by neshcom on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

This is all sorts of interesting:
"Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards"
<a href="http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-O ... 37.html</a>
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="neshcom"]In not-news, my copy of The Last of Us comes in tomorrow! Very excited for those zombie feels again. [/quote]

Oh fuck yes. I forgot about this game, but I want it too. It'll hold me over until Walking Dead 2 anyway. Also another game I'll have without a PS3. :rofl:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">And screw y'all's nostalgia goggles. Final Fantasy as an action game proper could be spectacular.  :frown: </blockquote>
[/quote]

Nope. Action games have been PLENTY awesome. Square Enix action games have all sucked and blown terrible chunks. The forerunner of chunk blowing was KH's battle system, which it's looking more and more like XV is going to have. Boo.

P.S. I don't understand the new coding for this BBS. You get what's going on though, right? Right.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="neshcom" data-cid="155182" data-time="1371178225">
<div>In not-news, my copy of The Last of Us comes in tomorrow! Very excited for those zombie feels again. [/quote]

Oh fuck yes. I forgot about this game, but I want it too. It'll hold me over until Walking Dead 2 anyway. Also another game I'll have without a PS3. :rofl:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">And screw y'all's nostalgia goggles. Final Fantasy as an action game proper could be spectacular.  :frown:</blockquote>
[/quote]

Nope. Action games have been PLENTY awesome. Square Enix action games have all sucked and blown terrible chunks. The forerunner of chunk blowing was KH's battle system, which it's looking more and more like XV is going to have. Boo.

P.S. I don't understand the new coding for this BBS. You get what's going on though, right? Right.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, my main problem is SE handling it. Maybe if one of their western devs helped out on the action system, but as a whole, every time SE attempts action it ends up bad.

And fuck Nomura. FUCK NOMURA.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Been playing Last of Us, and I want to love it so bad, but FUCK YOU UNFORGIVING STEALTH MISSIONS!!!!!!!!!

So many resets...
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="155309" data-time="1371312655">
Been playing Last of Us, and I want to love it so bad, but FUCK YOU UNFORGIVING STEALTH MISSIONS!!!!!!!!!

So many resets...</blockquote>

Ditto. I'm really digging the story (mainly because they kept it under wraps in their promos), but FUCK is it tough. I'm glad it auto saves at almost all the right places, but the action is unforgiving and just navigating is difficult. Also, what sort of bullshit is it that clickers can take two headshots? I'm worried I won't get through the whole game.

Also, XCOM Enemy Unknown is pretty amazing. It's astounding how long a game can be critically acclaimed and you don't know what it's about or how it plays. I don't generally like tactics games, but it's not high fantasy, so I'm really into it. I'm getting really emotional when my guys die now! Anyway, go get it. It's free on PS+ this month.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="neshcom"]Anyway, go get it. It's free on PS+ this month.

[/quote]

There's also Catherine and Demon's Souls on there this month.
As I've said in chat, I want to buy a PS3 this summer, so I'm really tempted to get me three months of PSN+ for 15€ and add them to my basket.
Buying both games would cost about 45€.

And ICO/SotC apparently !
<a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... in-june</a>
SOLD
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="155334" data-time="1371339698"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="neshcom" data-cid="155331" data-time="1371337133">
Anyway, go get it. It's free on PS+ this month.
</blockquote>

There's also Catherine and Demon's Souls on there this month.

As I've said in chat, I want to buy a PS3 this summer, so I'm really tempted to get me three months of PSN+ for 15€ and add them to my basket.

Buying both games would cost about 45€.

And ICO/SotC apparently !
<a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... in-june</a>

SOLD</blockquote>
Not in America :<
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Guys, I finally bought a PS3. I finally actually own a "current" gen console.

It was a somewhat fast decision, since they just had Demon Souls, Ico, SotC and Catherine for PSN+, so I just got me a 3 month sub with it. Might try out X:COM, but that's really more a game I'd want to play on the PC while doing some surfing, chatting and maybe watch TV.
I've chosen the 12GB super slim model and ordered a 320GB HDD with it and the HDD holding you need to put it into the console.
I already have Katamari Forever, MGS4, Uncharted 2 and Valkyria Chronicles, so I bought 3D dot game heroes and Sonic 2006.
Total: 268,55€ (free shipping).

Already decided with my friend that we're going to play some Demon Souls during the holidays (we both only played DaS on the PC and loved it).

Hopefully it'll arrive until friday !
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Just finished The Last of Us.

Pretty damn good, but far too many technical problems to be the perfect game it's being praised as.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Ap, I literally came to this thread thinking that I might finally buy a PS3 too! So weird that you have almost half the games I've got for the system too. (Though I got to play MGS4 on my brother's PS3 way back when.)

I didn't know you could swap HDDs! It seems obvious, but I almost figured it was configured in a special way to be PS3 specific or something. I will look up tutorials on this.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="155544" data-time="1371602788">Ap, I literally came to this thread thinking that I might finally buy a PS3 too! So weird that you have almost half the games I've got for the system too. (Though I got to play MGS4 on my brother's PS3 way back when.)

I didn't know you could swap HDDs! It seems obvious, but I almost figured it was configured in a special way to be PS3 specific or something. I will look up tutorials on this.</blockquote>
According to everybody it's extremely easy. Basically just screw, plug and play. The PS3 should automatically recognize it and format it.

But I'll tell you if it was really that easy.

There's no way I'd pay 250€ for the 500GB version. I don't need that much space and I don't want to spend that much money just for pre-installed bigger HDD. It's not like they put in any special high-quality HDDs anyway, just average 50~60€ ones.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Yeah, there's a little panel on the front that you unscrew that lets you pull out the whole HD housing as a single unit. Then all you need to do is pop the new one in the housing and slide it back in.