Hello!Project 2013 Winter Concert ~Viva~& ~Bravo~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Hello!Project 2013 Winter Concert ~Viva~& ~Bravo~

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Madara"]
One thing I thought of since reviewing the Blu-ray is the complete absence of backstage/"Making of" footage from the DVD/Blu-ray releases of H!P concerts in the last few years. I remember when one winter concert (2008) included a whole separate disc of backstage footage.

Anyone have any insights into why there's no backstage footage included with the concerts anymore?
[/quote]

Because they moved that all onto the DVD Magazines you buy at the concerts. They also moved a lot of the other concert footage you don't see into the magazines too. Like other performances that didn't make it onto the DVD release of the concert for example.

You can only buy them on UF-Online though. They only show up during concert runs and during the plays and musicals. Every group has them, including the K!Eggs. They also release Hello!Project ones during the group concerts. Usually they start off with the standard group DVD where they do quizes or talk or sometimes play games, then the next volume is usually background concert stuff from the previous concert series and if you're lucky a third volume will be released with even more footage from the concert series. It's a big hot mess if you actually sit and think about it. I'm having a really hard time trying to explain it all in enough detail that you'll understand. 

They are basically the only way outside of TV where you can "get to know" the girls. I usually just torrent them from H!O when they appear. Some are better then others. Thankfully UF gives us previews of them on their YouTube page. Check them out. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/UFACTORYcha ... /videos</a>

The ones that have DVD in the title are the Magazines. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="156080" data-time="1372121016">
<div>
One thing I thought of since reviewing the Blu-ray is the complete absence of backstage/"Making of" footage from the DVD/Blu-ray releases of H!P concerts in the last few years. I remember when one winter concert (2008) included a whole separate disc of backstage footage.

Anyone have any insights into why there's no backstage footage included with the concerts anymore?
[/quote]

Because they moved that all onto the DVD Magazines you buy at the concerts. They also moved a lot of the other concert footage you don't see into the magazines too. Like other performances that didn't make it onto the DVD release of the concert for example.

You can only buy them on UF-Online though. They only show up during concert runs and during the plays and musicals. Every group has them, including the K!Eggs. They also release Hello!Project ones during the group concerts. Usually they start off with the standard group DVD where they do quizes or talk or sometimes play games, then the next volume is usually background concert stuff from the previous concert series and if you're lucky a third volume will be released with even more footage from the concert series. It's a big hot mess if you actually sit and think about it. I'm having a really hard time trying to explain it all in enough detail that you'll understand. 

They are basically the only way outside of TV where you can "get to know" the girls. I usually just torrent them from H!O when they appear. Some are better then others. Thankfully UF gives us previews of them on their YouTube page. Check them out. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/UFACTORYcha ... /videos</a>

The ones that have DVD in the title are the Magazines. 

</div>
</blockquote>

That was my suspicion also, and the question was prompted by the arrival of a lovely package from my friend Kitaoji containing Morning Musume DVD Magazine Vol. 50, offering 63 min. of backstage footage and extra numbers from last fall's MM concert. Since posting the question, I've checked out some of the DVD and perused each of the chapters. We get to see a lot of Haruka (Yaaay!), plus Riho and Ayumi doing "Crazy About You." And lots of other numbers. Great stuff, but I wish some of it was on the concert DVD.
Last edited by Madara on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

IMHO, the Ayumi and Sayashi dances battle/singing crazy about you was a mess.  I generally have low standards for singing talent, but they sounded like winded hippos.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="pandapanda"]
IMHO, the Ayumi and Sayashi dances battle/singing crazy about you was a mess.  I generally have low standards for singing talent, but they sounded like winded hippos.
[/quote]

I did notice that the sound quality was poor for that one, as if the production crew was relying on a camera mic and not the stage mics. Or maybe it was mixed badly. But I wouldn't blame that on the girls.
Last edited by Madara on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="pandapanda"]
[/quote]

And they were out of sync often, which was disappointing since it was just two of them.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Even in the mic rips from the fans they still sounded horrible.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

[quote="pandapanda"]
[/quote]

Give me links! Must hear this masterpiece :D
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Rally"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="156117" data-time="1372175846">
<div>
[/quote]

Give me links! Must hear this masterpiece :D

</div>
</blockquote>

The video will be in the last few pages somewhere if it hasn't been taken down.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I had such high hopes for it.  But I think Ayumi and Sayashi's strength lies in their dancing talent, so I wish Sakura and Zukki sang while Ayumi and Sayashi duked it out. :dancey:
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

They should try the Exile style, have Sakura and Mizuki sing while Riho and Ayumin dance.