What are you playing?

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="neshcom"]
Muh fucker, I messaged you back making sure you were you!
[/quote]

We will always be ourselves !

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Amazon.com has a digital summer sale until 14.07.:
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/? ... 06FB195</a>
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Last 20 hours of gog.com sale. As predicted, you can grab all the deals from individual days if you missed them earlier.

Steam Summer Sale where???

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

I beat The Last of Us last week and it was really interesting. I'm kind of glad that it avoided being really cliched and repetitive, but the ending left me wanting a little. Naughty Dog is teasing more Joel/Ellie adventures, but I think any new adventure between them would have to lead to Joel confessing what he did and clicking right back into a vaccine adventure..

I got Ace Attorney 2 on iOS the other day and I'm still into it! I knew I beat the first one, so I didn't bother playing it again, but I definitely remembered that opening case and some of this Maya case. I'm really impressed with the challenge (compared to below), but it plays a little slow. Still, I forgot how large these cases get.

In contrast, I played through most of the new Layton Brothers Mystery Room on iOS and I'm really underwhelmed. There's a fair amount of challenge, but each case is short (and the price:content ratio compared to Ace Attorney is weak). You play as Professor Layton's son, Alfendi, and his assistant in the Serious Crimes Department of the English police and they use their Mystery Room to investigate crime scenes. It all leads up to getting testimonies from suspects and a confession, but the game unabashedly tells you who the killer is beforehand without any room for doubt or distrust. Maybe it'd be good for a younger player, but it's not very tough at all. There's not even a penalty system for being wrong. I bought the first case pack, but I won't buy the last one.

I got and beat Infamous 2 and it's markedly better than its predecessor in almost every way. I got a lot of enjoyment out of the first game just from finding the dead drops and blast shards and Infamous 2 is an even more varied playground. My only criticism is that the main plot (especially in the second half) really pushes you into completing the story ASAP, but a number of unlockable powers only come from completing a certain number of side missions. Also, avoid the user generated content. Hell, even the missions Sucker Punch made suck and they made the game.

Also, I started Prototype. In the sheer expiration sense, it controls very fast and fun, but the city is just not interesting and the story is crazy. I also got Prototype 2, so I'll definitely finish the story, but I can't suspend enough reality to get invested or connect in a meaningful way.

Killzone 2 is hard. I just can't wrap my hands around the controls. :T
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Played the Ni no kuni demo and I was so happy to finally see a good and very classical JRPG again after so many years of generic JRPG shit (Persona 3&4 being basically the sole exceptions, but those are very different anyway) basically since after FF10.
I will most definitely buy this when I'm done with all the other stuff I have to play right now.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

You mean since including FFX. 
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

UGH I FORGOT TO BUY ALL THOSE P+C/ADVENTURE/VISUAL NOVEL GAMES I HAD IN MY GOG CART! UUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Oh my gay, I'm like 5 minutes into Deadpool and it's the best purchase ever.
Last edited by neshcom on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Only two problems with Deadpool is that it's only about 6 hours long and the final chapter is so bad it damn near ruins all the the epicness preceeding it.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Only two problems with Deadpool is that it's only about 6 hours long and the final chapter is so bad it damn near ruins all the the epicness preceeding it.
[/quote]

Looking at Videos and Test(video)s of it, it seems to be a perfect game to watch a Let's play of. And only the funny parts, since the actual gameplay is so stale.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="157056" data-time="1373122247">
Only two problems with Deadpool is that it's only about 6 hours long and the final chapter is so bad it damn near ruins all the the epicness preceeding it.</blockquote>
Nooooo don't tell me that~ I just finished the first chapter and I'm really pleasantly surprised that I like the humor.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Al, if you're referring to the floating, ungrabable island platforms the stupid three earthquaker fight that has absolutely no checkpoints, I 100% feel you. It's gone from fun and challenging to completely unfair. At least checkpoint on one of the following waves! And them you're stuck fighting an unknown number of enemies on a crazy large, unmaneuverable level. I hope this picks back up real quick because I'm fuming.
Last edited by neshcom on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

FUCK that was an irritating end game. Major pain in the ass. I thought I might play through again on hard or something, but that last chapter just spoiled it for me. Not to mention it didn't exactly keep the excitement going. I don't feel badass, I feel pissed. Damn shame because everything else was a really, really, really fun game.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Yup. That whole last unending gauntlet was just way too long, way too frustrating, and had zero story to keep it at least amusing.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I had a pretty long text about Catherine here, but then Firefox crashed.
Fucking browsers.

Anyway, long story short, good game, intriguing story that keeps you guessing, your choices actually matter significantly unlike in some other "games" *cough the walking dead *cough*. Does have camera (not 360° free) and design issues (character freezes some bosses' special moves, which can lead to unavoidable insta-death). Controls aren't perfect either. I got the "Katherine, true" ending.
8/10, not disappointed, SO WHERE IS MY PERSONA 5 NOW FATLUS !?
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Code: Select all

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.
Well, guess what just started.
Last edited by aine on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

So far the offerings are pretty weak.
Sabaku Ika
モーニング娘。

Post by Sabaku Ika »

I've been 'beta testing' Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and quite enjoying it. The actual release is in August and I probably recommend it.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://tsoape.wordpress.com">The Slowest of All Possible Elevators</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://psnprofiles.com/staplefrog">[img ... lefrog.png[/img]</a>

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]

Code: Select all

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.
Well, guess what just started.[/quote]

The thing I've predicted for today ! :wizard:

EDIT:

Wow, wizard actually turns into a smilie.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

It's most probably an error, but Metro:LL can be bought for ONE CENT at Best Buy digital download right now:
<a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deep+Silver ... =1&lp=1</a>

EDIT:

And I hope some people buy Dark Souls during the sale !
I really want to invade yo asses or play some co-op with BBSers. We could even make a BBS fight club.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="157568" data-time="1373592679">It's most probably an error, but Metro:LL can be bought for ONE CENT at Best Buy digital download right now:
<a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deep+Silver ... 8&st=Metro Last Light&cp=1&lp=1</a>

EDIT:
I really want to invade yo asses or play some co-op with BBSers. We could even make a BBS fight club.</blockquote>
Well fuck, I didn't get Last Light, instead I got a call from my bank's anti-fraud department asking if those 3 AM transactions from overseas were legit. :X Did anyone actually manage to get it and I'm just unlucky or did BB just cancel everyone's orders?

I managed to hold back getting Dark Souls this time, but I may give in if it pops up again. :ph34r: I just have enough games to last me years from the previous few sales I jumped on and that's even ignoring GOG and Bundles...
Last edited by aine on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="157568" data-time="1373592679">
It's most probably an error, but Metro:LL can be bought for ONE CENT at Best Buy digital download right now:
<a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deep+Silver ... 8&st=Metro Last Light&cp=1&lp=1</a>

EDIT:

I really want to invade yo asses or play some co-op with BBSers. We could even make a BBS fight club.
</blockquote>

Well fuck, I didn't get Last Light, instead I got a call from my bank's anti-fraud department asking if those 3 AM transactions from overseas were legit. :X Did anyone actually manage to get it and I'm just unlucky or did BB just cancel everyone's orders?

I managed to hold back getting Dark Souls this time, but I may give in if it pops up again. :ph34r: I just have enough games to last me years from the previous few sales I jumped on and that's even ignoring GOG and Bundles...

[/quote]

People in the thread on another board actually ended up getting some copies (Steam keys).
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Ah well. At least I won't feel kinda guilty getting it for free, wouldn't want 4A to end up like GSC.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]
Ah well. At least I won't feel kinda guilty getting it for free, wouldn't want 4A to end up like GSC.
[/quote]

The way the publisher handled the ranger mode (it's a DLC) alone, makes me want to not even touch that game.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

So guess who hit up Disc Replay and bought Alan Wake, Skyrim, and Deus Ex? Meeee. To be honest I hadn't even heard of Deus Ex, but it looks cool and was $10 so I said what the hay and bought it.

I had no idea Alan Wake was released on consoles, so I'm super happy I get to play it.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="showraniy"]
So guess who hit up Disc Replay and bought Alan Wake, Skyrim, and Deus Ex? Meeee. To be honest I hadn't even heard of Deus Ex, but it looks cool and was $10 so I said what the hay and bought it.

I had no idea Alan Wake was released on consoles, so I'm super happy I get to play it.
[/quote]

Deus Ex 1 (I am pretty sure you are talking about DX:Human Revolution, which is actually DX 3) I consider to be the best PC game of all time.
DX:HR was a very good sequel.

I don't know what Disc Replay is, but all those games you could have probably gotten even way cheaper during the Steam summer sale that is going on right now. E.g. DX:HR for 2,50€. Alan Wake inkl. DLCs and Addon for a similar. I think Skyrim was ~24€ in the complete edition.
Besides, Skyrim with standard GUI is barely playable, imho. Bethesda games should always be played on the PC because of mods ! It's a gigantic difference.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I know, but we talked about how non-gaming-able my laptop is a few pages back in here. :P My best bet is my Xbox 360, so thankfully all those games were on it. Disc Replay is a used media store that specializes (I think) in old-school, kinda hard to find systems. BF dude bought Starfox for the 64 there for example.

The Skyrim I bought without all the extra content was $25 used, which I didn't waaaant to pay, but I went with it because I've been wanting to play it for a while and fucking damn I'm boooored in this apartment. Super open world RPG is a good way to kill lots of extra time holed up in one place.

And yeah, I'm talking about Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I had no idea it was a sequel! I hate playing sequels before the first, but ah well. :(
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="157783" data-time="1373996190">
I know, but we talked about how non-gaming-able my laptop is a few pages back in here. :P My best bet is my Xbox 360, so thankfully all those games were on it. Disc Replay is a used media store that specializes (I think) in old-school, kinda hard to find systems. BF dude bought Starfox for the 64 there for example.

The Skyrim I bought without all the extra content was $25 used, which I didn't waaaant to pay, but I went with it because I've been wanting to play it for a while and fucking damn I'm boooored in this apartment. Super open world RPG is a good way to kill lots of extra time holed up in one place.

And yeah, I'm talking about Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I had no idea it was a sequel! I hate playing sequels before the first, but ah well. :(
</blockquote>

I didn't remember.

I hope he paid no more than 10$ for Starfox 64, because that game is cheap on eBay. =P

Well, DX 1 is from 2000 and DX:HR is actually a prequel. So, in this case playing DX:HR first is perfectly fine. Especially since DX 1 is more complex and might throw you off with how rigid it is in comparison to DX:HR. However, if you liked DX:HR, definitely check out the original and since it's from 2000, it even runs on a toaster.

EDIT:

And today DX:HR is sold for <a href="http://store.steampowered.com/app/28050/">3€ on Steam</a>. :party:
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I actually just screamed out really loud when I read that <a href="http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc/3025797/ ... ml">Deadly Premonition is probably coming to PC</a>.

Everybody that has Steam, please give vote for it !
<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... onition</a>
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="Ap2000"]
I actually just screamed out really loud when I read that <a href="http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc/3025797/ ... ml">Deadly Premonition is probably coming to PC</a>.

Everybody that has Steam, please give vote for it !
<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... onition</a>
[/quote]

Considering the one thing that really holds the game back is the framerate, it should be great on PC.