Otsuka Aina to resign from Juice=Juice and H!P

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: Otsuka Aina to resign from Juice=Juice and H!P

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah, in Japan education is only compulsory through ninth grade, with high school being optional and involving entrance exams. Yet despite this, many girls in H!P (including those in juice=juice) still have gone on to high school, graduated, gone to university, etc. I mean despite her activities Airi still had time to get into a really good university. Allowing her to be an idol wouldn't have held her back educationally. If that's what it was I felt it would have been am announcement along the lines of Yuuka, ie I can do both but I decided to leave to focus on my studies. It is because of the way the announcement was worded and her leaving was treated that leads me to believe it was monster stage parents.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
If that's what it was I felt it would have been am announcement along the lines of Yuuka, ie I can do both but I decided to leave to focus on my studies. It is because of the way the announcement was worded and her leaving was treated that leads me to believe it was monster stage parents.
[/quote]

You're just grasping at straws to justify scapegoating her parents because you disagree with their decision. It's like you refuse to acknowledge the possibility (probability, really) that her parents are not monsters, and are simply looking out for their daughter's best interests. "They took my Otsuka away from me, ergo they are monsters" seems to be what you and some others have settled on. And you've reached this conclusion having never seen nor heard them, nor having read any reports claiming that they are "monster stage parents. You figured it out all on your own[/] with zero input other than Otsuka not signing a contract.

Like I said: ridiculous.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It's not like a corporation that sustains itself on the work of teenaged and pre-teen girls might possibly tell parents one thing up front, only to change the terms in subsequent contracts, you know, since they've already got the foot in the door. They would never be so crass as to use the crying daughter who has already had her taste of the idol world against the parents who ultimately make these decisions, right? That simply isn't a possibility at all. Nope. If a parent turns down a contract, it must be that the parents are greedy and monsters, because large corporations that owe their existence solely to the labor of female children would never do anything questionable. Right?
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

You don't know anything more about the situation than any of the rest of us, therefore your opinion is no more valid than any of ours.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="156999" data-time="1373047875">
Yeah, but even then, why let her get so far as practically a major debut and THEN pull her, that's why I'm so upset.  I just feel bad for her, she practically tasted her dream and BAM gone.
</blockquote>

Its a pretty big thing to assume it was entirely her "dream" anyway. Many parents have their kids audition for these things for sake of making money for the family (see: Kago Ai.) Of course idols are all going to say that being an idol is their dream, cause that's what they're expected to say, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt (or a whole salt shaker) because the industry is run on smoke & mirrors.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="157598" data-time="1373635209">
Wow. So we're gonna demonize the parents without knowing any of the particulars of the contract? Just because we want to be able to watch our favorite little girl idols? And it's the fucking PARENTS who are selfish? Fucking really? Disgusting.
</blockquote>

This.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="157654" data-time="1373675105">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="157598" data-time="1373635209">
Wow. So we're gonna demonize the parents without knowing any of the particulars of the contract? Just because we want to be able to watch our favorite little girl idols? And it's the fucking PARENTS who are selfish? Fucking really? Disgusting.
</blockquote>

I feel like you should know what the mm-bbs is like by now.

We spend quite a lot of time demonizing various people without knowing jack shit about them, hell, Koharu might just be a lovely person if I ever met her....

</blockquote>

This too.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="157657" data-time="1373678146">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="157645" data-time="1373664944">
I'm not demonizing the parents because I just "want to watch her," I feel bad for her for having her dream snatched away from her. I know we don't know exactly what happened but in the past the girls (sakitty, for example) were the ones who were like hey, I'm peacing out. This is the first time the parents have been mentioned as a reason for leaving, so it's suspicious for me.
</blockquote>

She's 15. She's got plenty of time to follow plenty of dreams, but right now it's her parents job is to look out for what's best for her. Nobody here has the slightest inkling as to what the proposed contract entailed, and it's probably that her parents figured that putting her studies aside  for however long should be rewarded more than Up Front was offering. I totally understand that. If you're gonna essentialy postpone your kid's secondary education for several years for a much more than full time job, it had better be worth the time lost.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="157651" data-time="1373671400">
I don't get why people care who we blame. It's not like her parents are going to read these comments and be upset anyway. It's like this girl on facebook who kept calling people "Shitty fans who can fuck off" for being upset at her parents. 

But it's like Yuzu said, it's all very odd.
</blockquote>

Because your reasons are ridiculous, that's why.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="157654" data-time="1373675105">
I feel like you should know what the mm-bbs is like by now.

We spend quite a lot of time demonizing various people without knowing jack shit about them, hell, Koharu might just be a lovely person if I ever met her....
</blockquote>

We base our opinions of idols on a lot of direct input: how well they sing, how funny they are, how annoying we find them, etc. In short, we objectively know what we like or don't like about the idols. By contrast, opinions on Otsuka's parents is based on nothing more than speculation, innuendo, and straight-up making-shit-up. It's nothing all like demonizing Koharu based on hating her voice, her attitude, and her stupid face.

</blockquote>

Yep.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="157682" data-time="1373741200">
You're just grasping at straws to justify scapegoating her parents because you disagree with their decision. It's like you refuse to acknowledge the possibility (probability, really) that her parents are not monsters, and are simply looking out for their daughter's best interests. "They took my Otsuka away from me, ergo they are monsters" seems to be what you and some others have settled on. And you've reached this conclusion having never seen nor heard them, nor having read any reports claiming that they are "monster stage parents. You figured it out all on your own[/] with zero input other than Otsuka not signing a contract.

Like I said: ridiculous.
</blockquote>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="157683" data-time="1373741709">
It's not like a corporation that sustains itself on the work of teenaged and pre-teen girls might possibly tell parents one thing up front, only to change the terms in subsequent contracts, you know, since they've already got the foot in the door. They would never be so crass as to use the crying daughter who has already had her taste of the idol world against the parents who ultimately make these decisions, right? That simply isn't a possibility at all. Nope. If a parent turns down a contract, it must be that the parents are greedy and monsters, because large corporations that owe their existence solely to the labor of female children would never do anything questionable. Right?
</blockquote>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="157685" data-time="1373743765">
You don't know anything more about the situation than any of the rest of us, therefore your opinion is no more valid than any of ours.
</blockquote>

He wasn't saying that anything he said was completely true or that he has any definite answers on the matter, merely stating that everyone here is making assumptions based on little or no information and coming to these far-out conclusions without really having any inside knowledge of the situation and seemingly without considering the more logical possibilities of the situation.
Last edited by AEUGNewtype on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="The☆AEUGNewtype"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="156999" data-time="1373047875">
Yeah, but even then, why let her get so far as practically a major debut and THEN pull her, that's why I'm so upset.  I just feel bad for her, she practically tasted her dream and BAM gone.
</blockquote>

Its a pretty big thing to assume it was entirely her "dream" anyway. Many parents have their kids audition for these things for sake of making money for the family (see: Kago Ai.) Of course idols are all going to say that being an idol is their dream, cause that's what they're expected to say, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt (or a whole salt shaker) because the industry is run on smoke & mirrors.
[/quote]

Except you have to pay to be a Kenshuusei.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Maybe she just changed her mind at the last minute, it was a fun hobby up until the point they took out contracts, started speaking of wages etc

But if this was true I believe they would have said that Aina had decided to not become an idol, the press release specifically says "couldn't agree on the contract" now, does that sound like young girl to you?

Sounds like the parents to me, I believe it's a fair assumption.

BUT.... it IS an assumption.

Tl;dr - Fuck the police parents
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

C'mon people, facts, not wishful thinking. We're better than that.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Having never followed them...is Juice Juice still a group that is interesting enough to follow?  Or are there too many line up changes for it to be stable (a Smileage early on)?

Who knows about the reasons behind her withdrawal.  No point in arguing or speculating though because it won't change the fact that she's gone.  Anyhow, entertainment work is not cut out for everyone.   
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="eri"]
Having never followed them...is Juice Juice still a group that is interesting enough to follow?  Or are there too many line up changes for it to be stable (a Smileage early on)?

Who knows about the reasons behind her withdrawal.  No point in arguing or speculating though because it won't change the fact that she's gone.  Anyhow, entertainment work is not cut out for everyone.   
[/quote]

This is their only lineup change, and for now they say they're just going to continue with the current lineup. I'm expecting new girls at least somewhere in their future even if it's not for a couple of years, since they've already got two 18+ girls.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

Looks who there, behind Karin...
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

A g-g-ghost!  I had forget she left, and didn't even realize it in the video until a comment pointed it out.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Annnd this thread is now locked. This was being talked about in the other thread, no need to bump this.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.