Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="TnB"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="158044" data-time="1374247395">
<div>
Butt they're going up and down, not side to side, which is supposed to be thinning. Side to side is what makes people look bigger. I like the outfits :3
[/quote]
Wide stripes also make people look bigger, and those are pretty wide stripes. BUT I agree, I like the outfits too. It's nice to do something simple and chic sometimes.

What I don't like is everyone's hair. They should have done something more exciting with the hairstyles since the outfits are so plain. Sakura and Masaki especially look like they just rolled out of bed and pinned back their bangs. 

</div>
</blockquote>
Maybe that's the point of it? The hair. It's so simple, just like the outfits. But we still have Ai no Gundan's outfits to look forward too, hopefully they're more colorful for some contrast.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't hate the outfits, but I'm not sure like describes what I'm feeling either. I'm SUPER happy Sakura's growing her hair out though; she already looks really cute with it like that. Mizuki's in the front, so all my fandom hopes are intense right now for some sort of Mizuki lead.

If this were any other agency/group, I would hate those outfits, but with H!P, we have experienced so so much worse that I can deal with these.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Molly"]
Looks like we have one of the outfits! I'm surprised Sayumi or Riho isn't in the middle.
[/quote]

Requoting these outfits for this page. Also, Molly, in H!P they've always put the front girls on the first row, even if it's technically not the middle of the photo. Bottom row is the place to be.

What we should be surprised by is that Eripon somehow made it off the back row and how Ayumi is all the way in the back.

<p class="bbc_center">Image
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

If you can't make them look smaller, just make them look bigger. Genius!!!
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Both singles are arranged by Okubo Kaoru. He's done every single since One Two Three, with the exception of Kimi Sae.

Bigger photo. I can feel Haruka's excitement.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Wide stripes that hang down freely.... in before all the wota are calling Kanon fat again.

Couldn't they have work a simple black string like belt....

but then WTH do I know about fashion???? :tongue:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="rob"]
Wide stripes that hang down freely.... in before all the wota are calling Kanon fat again.

Couldn't they have work a simple black string like belt....

but then WTH do I know about fashion???? :tongue:
[/quote]

You know that a defined waist makes EVERY dress better, so more than UFP, obviously.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Belts are too expensive, y'all. 
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Okay, for all of you who visit Idol Swap on facebook. Amped from jplop had this to say:

"idolswap is doing pre-orders for the box set for 5,000 yen opened box instead of full price 9,240 yen."

I'm assuming open box means they're going to take the photo-op ticket out before sending it to you, but since most of us aren't in Japan, I figure this isn't a big deal. 5000 yen is about $49.89 instead of $92.20 so it is a pretty good deal if you end up wanting every edition.

Oh, and single release events:
10/12 Osaka Mielparque Hall
10/19 Kanagawa Harmony Hall
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="enmi"]
Belts are too expensive, y'all. 
[/quote]

Not as expensive as the studs and zippers on the Brainstorming costumes.  The detailing on those were amazing, must have busted the costume bank.

Very Marc Jacobs spring 2013 

The scalloped edge is way more chic, adds femininity to a very stark outfit.  Looks like you can see the model's lace undergarments, which is slightly awkward.

I want the cover to be done by the people doing C-utes, because these could look amazing with proper set styling.  And the music video to involve splashing the girls with their member colors paint, because that would be fun to watch.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think what you're seeing on the model is just shadows from the folded parts of the fabric. I don't think they would wear anything that went all the way to their thigh if they know they have to wear short things like this.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

H!P is actually very up to date with fashion.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

That is a very sad reality then.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="pandapanda"]

Very Marc Jacobs spring 2013 

The scalloped edge is way more chic, adds femininity to a very stark outfit. 
[/quote]

The sleeves add a sense of proportion, too, making the un-belted waist appear thinner that the top. The scalloped hem flairs out just enough to do the same to the bottom.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

What looks good on a 5'10" 115 lb model with specific proportions does not always translate to a teenage idol.  

Sorry, they look like stage hands for the goth circus.  

Ps. If you think H!P costume designers are citing Marc Jacobs or any other high fashion designer, you obviously haven't been looking at H!P costumes for the last 6 years.  Though, nothing is as bad as those Seishun Collection outfits. 
Last edited by eri on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I actually really like the outfits for Seishun Collection, I just wish JunJun had a more defined waist to hers.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

H!P follows lots of trends, but a lot of times they bomb in terms of fit and flatter so I don't know that I would say they're stylish. What's trendy is definitely not for everybody.

That said, I think the SC outfits could have been improved tenfold with solid colors and a different fabric. And no tights.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Oh yes, I almost forgot about JunJun's maternity outfit.

I agree with you, Anderei, solid colors (maybe even the members' image colors), without those tights, and maybe a velvety or just normal T-shirt fabric would've made those outfits a whole lot better.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Eri's was my favorite. Seishun collection wasn't bad...at least it was accessorized with faux fur and belts compared to those.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

[quote="eri"]

Ps. If you think H!P costume designers are citing Marc Jacobs or any other high fashion designer, you obviously haven't been looking at H!P costumes for the last 6 years.  Though, nothing is as bad as those Seishun Collection outfits.
[/quote]

I do recall people saying back during Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game that those were similar to outfits from some fashion designer as well.

That being said I thought most of the SC outfits were ok... incidentally the ones I didn't think were ok (eg. Junjun/Aika) were the ones that didn't have a defined waist :rofl:

I think they could have had belts with the outfits for this single, and they could have used belts that matched their member colour.
Last edited by kira on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I could see the Onna to Otoko outfits maybe being inspired by something else, if only because the cut is something that you wouldn't really see off the runway or outside a photoshoot.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Never waste a waist. :lesson:

It looks like the costume team get the latest issue of Vogue and flops it open until it sorta fits the song theme.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="eri"]
What looks good on a 5'10" 115 lb model with specific proportions does not always translate to a teenage idol.  

[/quote]

The point we were making is that the garment on the 5'10" model works because the designer took the proper steps to make it flattering, whereas the the garments on the H!P munchkins don't work because they didn't. Put another way, the H!P version would look crappy on that runway model, too.
Last edited by JPope on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="NekoKai"]
I actually really like the outfits for Seishun Collection, I just wish JunJun had a more defined waist to hers.
[/quote]
Same. I agree that the fabric could have been different, but I still really like them.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="158202" data-time="1374445778">
<div>

[/quote]

The point we were making is that the garment on the 5'10" model works because the designer took the proper steps to make it flattering, whereas the the garments on the H!P munchkins don't work because they didn't. Put another way, the H!P version would look crappy on that runway model, too.

</div>
</blockquote>
Yes, agreed.  

I don't really understand why their outfits are always so unflattering.  This has been a problem since they stuck chubby Yossi in pants because they didn't want to bother trying to make it work for her. Maybe when we see the shoes and the full body shots + dancing, the outfits will look better.  

<div>
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Also....
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">when did Erina dye her hair? 
</div>
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I think it's more an issue of whomever they hired to make the costumes since then, 'cause the outfits are NEVER flattering. I know next to nothing about fashion, but I know when something just looks bad. I liked One Two Three's outfits though there were things I would tweak there too. Either way, I don't care about these outfits in a positive or negative light; they're just boring and don't make much sense in my head with how I'm picturing the single's image to go.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I would say that fit is probably the most important thing when it comes to fashion. It doesn't matter how nice the piece looks on it's own, how expensive it is, how trendy it is ect. If it doesn't fit you, it won't make you look good.

I wasn't a fan of OTT's outfits. In a lot of up close photos they looked kind of cheap and they had issues with them falling apart as they got further into promo. I think they stepped up the quality a bit with some of the following single's outfits.
[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="158212" data-time="1374451579">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="158202" data-time="1374445778">
<div>

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>
Yes, agreed.  

I don't really understand why their outfits are always so unflattering.  This has been a problem since they stuck chubby Yossi in pants because they didn't want to bother trying to make it work for her. Maybe when we see the shoes and the full body shots + dancing, the outfits will look better.  

<div>
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Also....
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">when did Erina dye her hair? 
</div>

</div>
</blockquote>

When she graduated middle school, so about three or four months ago. Mizuki and Ayumi have dyed hair too. Speaking of Ayumi, she did an interview and you can see the top half of the outfits pretty clearly in the photo:

I'm guessing they'll just be wearing black boots with it.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

WHEN DID AYUMI GET SO PRETTY?

It's really weird. I thought she was very strange-looking when she first joined, and she's just come out of nowhere being all gorgeous and stuff these days. In the context of that picture too, I think the outfit looks fine, but if it hugged their curves more, I'd appreciate it a lot more. It's just so bag-looking the way it hangs that it's obnoxious. Oh and yeah, One Two Three's outfits were cheap, and also had this weird hang going on that I wish they'd have cinched the waist more or just used different fabric or something, but overall I liked the design.
Last edited by showraniy on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Ayumi always reminds me a bit of Kei -- they have these pointed faces that are similar and kind of remind me of a fox's. :3
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

What if they wear one black boot and one white boot.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki