Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

rob
ANGERME

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by rob »

[quote="YuuakuRisa"]
Ai ii areba IT'S ALL RIGHT reloaded anyone?

I love this more than I should. I see the similarities but I don't care! Sayu kingdom rocks!
[/quote]

Not. At. All.... wth?

[quote="MysticForceRed"]
1. What is Gundnan?
2. Who is translating this. Some lines make no sense.
3. The look like they are in France.

I like the dance and the song. That is my opinion.
[/quote]

Gundan means "Army" so "Ai no Gundan" means "The army of love" or "Love's Army" whichever way you prefer.

The translation this time was piss poor.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I can see the resemblance between the Ai Araba outfits and the outfits that have skirts on them in Ai no Gundan.

It's all about the pants outfits, though. Those outfits are cool as hell.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

They even note in the description most of the time the they are literal translations, so I'm guessing something along the lines of Google translate.
And I love every part of this.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

I like it. They took current sound and threw some Takahashi emo-musu strings into it. The part that gets me excited is the "Sekai wo Shirazu Machi wo Tobidasu" line.

Rather than Ai Araba, it makes me think of a Bizzaro world ver. of The Peace. The goofy brass, the military theme, the formations...
Wait, so the song actually somewhat matches the concept of the song, since it's about LOVE'S ARMY. Imagine that. I'm surprised that JUICE=JUICE didn't get this since it works with their brass theme.

This is the <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpYYuSAZF6w">REAL LOVE'S ARMY</a>, never forget. Can we get choreography like that for a single, please? Now all we need is a DANCE MAN version of Ai no GUNDAN. 

Nice one Okubo, it's a military themed song, so you recycle borrow <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGndRS1 ... ]Beyonce's[/s]</a>  steal <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxD_7S7bl8k">Major Lazer's sound.</a> (The strange pitched vocal-like part that kicks in right before the first lyric verse of MM's song)

Also, I noticed a blur on the top and bottom of the screen. I wonder if they're going with some sort of<a href="http://webdesignledger.com/inspiration/ ... hotography"> tilt-shift photo effect</a> where they will be "toy sized" in the full PV. I can't think of any other reason for blurring the top of the screen if not for a miniature effect.

Yikes, they put Kanon in the most black, so she vanishes almost completely. I didn't notice her until the 5th or 6th time watching the PV. She's just shoulder pads, a sleeve and a hat, the rest is background.  :doh:
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Ai Araba outfits? oooohhhh.... because the songs are completely different.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

It's the berets, isn't it?
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

It looks like they put Haruka in hat again. And some of the other members. It kinda hard to tell since I've only watched it on my phone.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Pucchi mo"]
Yikes, they put Kanon in the most black, so she vanishes almost completely. I didn't notice her until the 5th or 6th time watching the PV. She's just shoulder pads, a sleeve and a hat, the rest is background.  :doh:
[/quote]

Doesn't help that they put her in all black on a black background though...

I don't know if it's just me, but I always seem to never notice Kanon till watching a video over again.
They shove other girls in the back too though, so does she just have no presence??
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Eripon was the one I didn't notice even though she was in bright red. I completely missed her the first time and the second watch through I was like 'wait who is that fourth person in pants?' Stylistically, I far prefer Sayumi and Kanon's mostly black outfits instead of Eripon and Haruna's mostly red. I've gotten more than enough of Red Musume in the past few years.

I also don't know how anyone ever picks Sakura out of these dance shots where the hell is she.

Edit: I just noticed they're all wearing wedges. Ew. No.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I have the opposite problem, I can't pay attention to anyone but Kanon. Look at that adorable little tummy. 
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I had trouble finding Kanon in the first bit, but after I found her, she was easy to find. I honestly couldn't find Sakura or Riho half the time. It didn't occur to me the one girl was Ayumi until a dance scene halfway through. I've only watched the dance shot twice, and I still haven't found Erina. The only girls I could accurately pick out at all times were Sayumi, Haruna, Haruka, and Masaki...
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I love the dance. Period. It's interesting, and although they aren't all that tight, I never expect Jpop idols to be tight, and I expect it will get better. But this is the first time that I can remember a MM dance that routine has stuck out to me. I was really surprised to see so many people dislike it.

The song has potential to grow on me and is definitely better than I was expecting. For the last single before a new generation I was expecting a complete throwaway, and this is a lot better than that.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiniLovely
モーニング娘。

Post by MiniLovely »

Yes, I have plenty of complaints about this - mostly about the horrible subbing job - but I must say,

Reina-less MM is pretty awesome.
<p class="bbc_center">ImageImageImage
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦

♥ Mimo ◦ Blog! ♥
<p class="bbc_center">[url="<a href="http://fuckyeahmichishigesayumi.tumblr. ... lr.com/</a>"]♥ FUCK YE☆H S☆YUMI ♥[/url]
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Literally I just though "Oh yeah Reina was in it"
Haha proves how well 9th, 10th, and 11th gen can hold on their own, because dance and vocal wise, they don't need Sayu either.
I love her but, I feel better about her leaving now because the new MM is holding their own.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="158528" data-time="1374736418">I love the dance. Period. It's interesting, and although they aren't all that tight, I never expect Jpop idols to be tight, and I expect it will get better. But this is the first time that I can remember a MM dance that routine has stuck out to me. I was really surprised to see so many people dislike it.</blockquote>
I can see how that dance routine is a work in its own right. It is very cool and interesting, and surely a lot of thought went into creating it. I like how it's not just girls prancing around the stage but actually creating something bigger than the sum of it's parts. It's very visual with its geometric features, symmetry, and whatnot.

But, problem number one, it has little to do with the song apart from some vague synchronization. The movements are very stuttered whereas the song itself is rather flowing. I think they need to finally grow out of this preconception that the slightest hint of electro or dubstep in the song means that the dance must have robotic movements.

Problem number two, there's no individuality to the performers. No sexiness or girliness either. It's not a dance routine that says We're Morning Musume and this is our song, it's a routine that could be performed by any group of performers, female or male, on any occasion, though rather something like Olympics opening ceremony than a girl pop music video. Or even not human performers but programmed automata. What actually sprang to my mind during the most robotic parts was Cunningham's <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZGIrNf71Q">Monkey Drummer</a>.

Problem number three, as the dance heavily depends on the visual coordination of the girls, it only really works as intended from one optimal angle, like those perspective illusions painted on pavements. Watch it from any other angle (inevitable with concerts and TV performances) and it looks like a clusterfuck of flailing arms while crouching funny.

Problem number four, as the dance routine is a pretty monolithic work of its own then after splicing and editing it into the proper MV it will make no sense whatsoever and will look like random out of place shots of something completely different. Help Me!! MV already suffered from that.

That's my first-impression reasons for disliking it. Can't speak for the others though. =3=

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I like the dance, it's fun.  The outfits are obviously great.  The song is good as well.

In response to aine's first two problems (because I'm too lazy to quote right now): 1)The movements seem to go with the song and beat really well except the steeple-type parts, though maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean. 2) Sayumi had a sexy movement, but I do get what you're saying here, however I'd argue that synchronization is their "thing" along with the dance being replicable.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Pucchi mo"]
This is the <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpYYuSAZF6w">REAL LOVE'S ARMY</a>, never forget. Can we get choreography like that for a single, please? Now all we need is a DANCE MAN version of Ai no GUNDAN. 

[/quote]

Why you do that? Now I'm crying. :cryalot:
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I just noticed that pairs of them are wearing identical outfits, just with the colors reversed:

Sayu/Haruna
Maa/Duu
Eripon/Zukki
Ayumi/Sakura
Mizuki/Riho
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Eripon/Kanon's outfits are also tailored above their ankles, whereas Haruna/Sayumi's are long flowing. I don't know if there's any differences between the others.

Full body shot of Sayumi/Haruna:
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Well, the Tsunku magic is working. I've had this song stuck in my head all day.
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I've played it all day =3=
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Yeah, it's an earworm.
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

Cut the video and post it...that should be next. My laptop maneuvers YouTube better when I'm not having to drag a video back to a certain point when its easier to start over. Also,  can put it on my iPod and watch it over and over and over.

Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It'll be on the official channel soon enough. I'm sure people have tried to post just the song, but UFA is quick to take them down.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="158510" data-time="1374726371">
Ai Araba outfits? oooohhhh.... because the songs are completely different.</blockquote>
That's what I meant. Lol. I should have elaborated but I was rushing.

Edited for grammar.
Last edited by YuuakuRisa on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="158590" data-time="1374804317"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="158510" data-time="1374726371">Ai Araba outfits? oooohhhh.... because the songs are completely different.</blockquote>
That's what I meant. Lol. I should of elaborated but I was rushing.</blockquote>
I can't not comment on it, because it grinds my gears so much whenever I read it.
"Should of" does NOT exist !!
It's "should have" or "should've".
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="158590" data-time="1374804317">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="158510" data-time="1374726371">
Ai Araba outfits? oooohhhh.... because the songs are completely different.
</blockquote>

That's what I meant. Lol. I should of elaborated but I was rushing.

</blockquote>

I can't not comment on it, because it grinds my gears so much whenever I read it.

It's "should have" or "should've".

[/quote]

Shoulda.

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158594" data-time="1374806098"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="158593" data-time="1374805168"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="158590" data-time="1374804317"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="158510" data-time="1374726371">Ai Araba outfits? oooohhhh.... because the songs are completely different.</blockquote>
That's what I meant. Lol. I should of elaborated but I was rushing.</blockquote>
It's "should have" or "should've".</blockquote> 
Shoulda.</blockquote>
Gotcha.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Uhmmm... the song doesn't tell much as of yet. I guess I'll have to listen to it a couple more times once the PV is on its own in the MM channel (sorry, too lazy to forward vids lol).

But... wasn't there an "aisaretai aisaretai" (or something like that) part in the song? Tsunku wrote that he hoped people hummed that part or something and I heard nothing like that. Or maybe it was the other song lol

Oh, well.

I'm kinda worried they'll start to overlap with Perfume's area at this point... but I guess this direction is better than whatever was going on with Ai's graduation single/10th gen debut. 
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

[quote="Trinu"]
Uhmmm... the song doesn't tell much as of yet. I guess I'll have to listen to it a couple more times once the PV is on its own in the MM channel (sorry, too lazy to forward vids lol).

But... wasn't there an "aisaretai aisaretai" (or something like that) part in the song? Tsunku wrote that he hoped people hummed that part or something and I heard nothing like that. Or maybe it was the other song lol

Oh, well.

I'm kinda worried they'll start to overlap with Perfume's area at this point... but I guess this direction is better than whatever was going on with Ai's graduation single/10th gen debut. 
[/quote]

Yeah the 'aisaretai' is in Wagamama.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image