Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Trinu"]
Uhmmm... the song doesn't tell much as of yet. I guess I'll have to listen to it a couple more times once the PV is on its own in the MM channel (sorry, too lazy to forward vids lol).

But... wasn't there an "aisaretai aisaretai" (or something like that) part in the song? Tsunku wrote that he hoped people hummed that part or something and I heard nothing like that. Or maybe it was the other song lol

Oh, well.

I'm kinda worried they'll start to overlap with Perfume's area at this point... but I guess this direction is better than whatever was going on with Ai's graduation single/10th gen debut. 
[/quote]

I haven't listened to Perfume in literally years, but unless their sound has changed recently, I don't see the similarities with what Morning Musume has been doing lately?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I've noticed the verses resemble Golden China Town a bit, the way the melody starts off.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]

I can see how that dance routine is a work in its own right. It is very cool and interesting, and surely a lot of thought went into creating it. I like how it's not just girls prancing around the stage but actually creating something bigger than the sum of it's parts. It's very visual with its geometric features, symmetry, and whatnot.

[/quote]
That sums up what I like about it pretty well.

[quote="aine"]

But, problem number one, it has little to do with the song apart from some vague synchronization. The movements are very stuttered whereas the song itself is rather flowing. I think they need to finally grow out of this preconception that the slightest hint of electro or dubstep in the song means that the dance must have robotic movements.

[/quote]

I guess I just don't see the relationship that most dances have toward their songs, nor do I feel the movements must mirror the feel of the music they are set to. Diff'rent strokes, I suppose.

[quote="aine"]

Problem number two, there's no individuality to the performers. No sexiness or girliness either. It's not a dance routine that says We're Morning Musume and this is our song, it's a routine that could be performed by any group of performers, female or male, on any occasion, though rather something like Olympics opening ceremony than a girl pop music video. Or even not human performers but programmed automata. What actually sprang to my mind during the most robotic parts was Cunningham's Monkey Drummer.[/quote]

Well, this goes back to the "bigger than the sum of its parts" style of the dance, which I think is honestly a fresh departure for this group. Apart from that, though, there is individuality in movements throughout the dance, it's just not "look at me!" individuality, it's "see how my unique movements work with others to create something cool" individuality.

[quote="aine"]

Problem number three, as the dance heavily depends on the visual coordination of the girls, it only really works as intended from one optimal angle, like those perspective illusions painted on pavements. Watch it from any other angle (inevitable with concerts and TV performances) and it looks like a clusterfuck of flailing arms while crouching funny.[/quote]

You're probably right about this, but that's true with most dance routines. I admit it's likely more of a problem with this type of routine, though. That being the case, though, most people will see this dance either via PV, where only the proper angles will be presented or TV performances where the same will at least mostly be the case. And I don't like the idea that all dances should be crafted around the idea that it will look optimal to every, or even most, seat(s) in a given concert hall. That's too limiting a criterion, IMO.

[quote="aine"]

Problem number four, as the dance routine is a pretty monolithic work of its own then after splicing and editing it into the proper MV it will make no sense whatsoever and will look like random out of place shots of something completely different. Help Me!! MV already suffered from that.

[/quote]

This doesn't have to be the case, though. It might end up that way, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

I just like that they did something unusual for this group and did it well. I generally don't give a crap about videos or dance routines, but this is the exception. I think this is the best dance routine in the history of this group.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]I haven't listened to Perfume in literally years, but unless their sound has changed recently, I don't see the similarities with what Morning Musume has been doing lately?

[/quote]

The opening and closing bit is very Perfume like. Not so much the rest of the song, but that particular motif would fit seamlessly into a lot of Perfume songs.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

^ I actually meant that, how it every singles sounds a bit more "electro-pop". The rest of the song sounds actually like all they've been releasing since 123 + JJ's saxo + Skrillex meets jpop? lol

But there are some bits here and there that hint in that direction. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm loving this. ;D

And thank god the single it's just one month away. I don't wanna get over this before it's out lol
Last edited by Trinu on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

DAMMIT YUZU
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Still singing Help me...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Really? One white and one black boot. That just looks wrong. If they were going to do anything, it should've been either all black or all white, or, if they had to do two colors, black and white strips. BAD DESIGNER.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158659" data-time="1374885784">
DAMMIT YUZU
Image</blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="158666" data-time="1374889101"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158659" data-time="1374885784">DAMMIT YUZU
Image</blockquote>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA</blockquote>
Oh that's too funny, I didn't expect that at all. When I read yuzu's original comment I thought it'd be a stretch (I personally expected striped shoes x.x), but nope...
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

My fucking sides.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="kira"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="158666" data-time="1374889101">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158659" data-time="1374885784">
DAMMIT YUZU
</blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

</blockquote>

Oh that's too funny, I didn't expect that at all. When I read yuzu's original comment I thought it'd be a stretch (I personally expected striped shoes x.x), but nope...

[/quote]

It was such a silly idea that I didn't think even H!P would stoop to it.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I would've thought they would use the same shoes in Ai no Gundam, since that's what they did for their Buresuto and Kimi Sae.

I have to say I don't like it that much... Maybe if they had 5 girls in black shoes and 5 in white.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That's some funny shit.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Actually, it might look awesome during the dance routines, blending together to create wacky optical illusions.

You know, like a herd of zebras running around to fool predators...
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

LOL, All black would've been better IMO
Formerly Mizura
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I feel like Sayumi is starting to be overshadowed by everyone else. Which is a good thing.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

[quote="Myst"]
I feel like Sayumi is starting to be overshadowed by everyone else. Which is a good thing.
[/quote]

Really? I feel the exact opposite. I kind of feel like Sayumi is finally starting to stand out in this little niche she's found.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Wota are saying Wagamama is disco-ish and that Sakura is the lead.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

About damn time she lead a song!

I'm so happy they're not going with the usual AyuRiho with this one. It shows there's more talent in the group and that Reina wasn't everything.  :clap:
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I actually kind of like the one black boot, one white boot thing.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158706" data-time="1374911480">
Wota are saying Wagamama is disco-ish and that Sakura is the lead.</blockquote>

Then all my dreams have come true!
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Concert Rip of Wagamama

<a href="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Kflm ... 5o2wk0/</a>

I don't see how it's disco...?

I'm actually a bit disappointed cause this just sounds like their other songs, and I wish Tsunku would shake it up more, but I guess that's what the B-sides are for.

Can't really hear it well though so I'll have to wait for a better quality version. I like the steel drums in the chorus though.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

It reminded me of Ooki Hitomi since the first notes, more dubstep (Tsunku using nowadays styles? wow) and... AAAAAAIIIIIIISAAAAAAREEEEEEETAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIII (which made me lol)

Need more quality XD
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Saya"]
Concert Rip of Wagamama

I don't see how it's disco...?

I'm actually a bit disappointed cause this just sounds like their other songs, and I wish Tsunku would shake it up more, but I guess that's what the B-sides are for.

Can't really hear it well though so I'll have to wait for a better quality version. I like the steel drums in the chorus though.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not feeling this. This is turning out to be a pretty weak single.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Saya"]
Concert Rip of Wagamama

[/quote]

Wouldn't be too bad, but the wubstep-ish stuff completely ruins it for me.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I really like it, mostly because Sakura's solos are fucking insane.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

I have no clue what you people have been wanting out of this group for the last year.

I can't find a thing to complain about with any of their singles since "One Two Three".  :doh:

I thought their last single couldn't be topped, but this one seems like it'll pull that off ten-fold. That's the beauty of opinion, I suppose  :bye:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jbQimiFLrY">Youtube video for the rip.</a> I know a lot of people have problems with tudou and youku.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="158723" data-time="1374945547">Concert Rip of Wagamama
<a href="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Kflm ... quote>Much better than Ai no Gundan. Love the energy of it.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~