Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by Shoujo Q »

So many comments, so little energy! 

Joke Song : Love it, LOLing forever at the outfits. Can't wait to see the dance.
Gundan Song : Meh Song, I agree the hand raising thing was annoying. LOVE the outfits. Probably the cutest single outfits I've seen Morning Musume in, in awhile. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Both songs were good. The Wagemama one was an instant like. While Ai no Gundan had to grow on me after a few listens.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm the opposite, I love Gundan, but don't care much for Wagamama at this point.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I love the one white boot, one black boot thing! I'm impressed, UFP. I'll wait for the video of Wagamama before listening because I'm lazy, but so far Gundan hasn't caught my attention. Sakura is fabulous as always, so I look forward to Wagamama.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Rally"]I can't find a thing to complain about with any of their singles since "One Two Three".  [/quote]

For the most part, I agree with this, and I'll even include "Ren'ai Hunter." This isn't Golden Age stuff by a long shot, but it is a resurgence of sorts for Tsunku, IMO. I had written this group off for dead several years ago based on a string of really boring songs sung by a boring cast of girls who had mostly overstayed their usefulness. But I think their last six singes comprises their most consistently good 12 month stretch since mid-2004 to mid-2005 at the latest. There really isn't a total stinker in the lot, and nothing feels mailed in, either.

I'm gonna wit for a proper recording of "Wagamama," as concert rips of songs I don't know are useless to me. But "Gundam" has grown on me a lot, so unless "Wagamama" is complete shit, I will consider this singe a success.
Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

It's like "One Two Three" symbolizes a restart. The impressive part is, they've been making SO MANY SONGS since that time.

Counting from the 50th single to 54th, the amount of tracks written just for single releases totals up to 27. That's a full concert worth of music, and a very long concert.

If you count that number in singles, it's from Morning Coffee to Iroppoi Jirettai.

The fact that they have given attention to every girl with the additional B-sides probably is why they have become the lineup that they are today. Could you imagine if they did this to older generations? Let's not, it'll just make everyone furious.
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

I don't know if the b-sides count for anything apart from having some specific girls performing a specific song during a concert. Unless you have a very good ear and can differ from all the girls voices, I think anyone could sing in any song, so... yeah lol

If they also had PVs, now THAT would be a different story, since people searching for MM stuff would come across them and might catch a favourite from there (and the new girls would have more screetime so people would get used to them quicker).

What I wonder is how long will this period last. For 5 (or 6) singles they've been using this electro-pop style, being the most consistent style they've kept EVER (the next being Shouganai + Nanchatte?) so I wonder if they'll stay with it until the formula doesn't work anymore or they'll get out of their comfort zone and try something else. I wouldn't mind another Kanashimi Twilight, but if they're wanna stay like this I don't know how is they're nog bringing back "hits" (in the fandom) like Genki+ and Fantasy ga hajimaru and yet they keep singing Love freaking Machine with Hello Kitty.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^B-sides are always more for the fans anyways
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

In my opinion, most of the B-sides are better than the A-sides.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Trinu"]
I don't know if the b-sides count for anything apart from having some specific girls performing a specific song during a concert. Unless you have a very good ear and can differ from all the girls voices, I think anyone could sing in any song, so... yeah lol

If they also had PVs, now THAT would be a different story, since people searching for MM stuff would come across them and might catch a favourite from there (and the new girls would have more screetime so people would get used to them quicker).

What I wonder is how long will this period last. For 5 (or 6) singles they've been using this electro-pop style, being the most consistent style they've kept EVER (the next being Shouganai + Nanchatte?) so I wonder if they'll stay with it until the formula doesn't work anymore or they'll get out of their comfort zone and try something else. I wouldn't mind another Kanashimi Twilight, but if they're wanna stay like this I don't know how is they're nog bringing back "hits" (in the fandom) like Genki+ and Fantasy ga hajimaru and yet they keep singing Love freaking Machine with Hello Kitty.
[/quote]

Fantasy showed up not too recently, I think. Anything with Sayutune fits into this lineup pretty well.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Star"]
In my opinion, most of the B-sides are better than the A-sides.
[/quote]

Spoken like a true fan!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOfoZdvm ... edded">You can see a bit of Wagamama's dance at :40.</a>
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

fuck me in the ass I posted in the wrong thread :facepalm: bless everyone for not replying

So as I said in the TWELFTH GEN THREAD because I'm a nitwit, I don't curr what y'all say. Riho still got mad skills, UFP just kinda fucked her up with "vocal training" and she can't manage higher lines. But this was amazing.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="http://imgbox.com/g/0rO9CIrqTc">Screenshots from Wagamama's MV.</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0318aN- ... edded">And snippets of the MV.</a>
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Joke MV previews.

Spoiler: [+]

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Those outfits in motion can't even be saved. I REALLY expected not to mind them nearly as much in motion, but it made me want them made better even more than before, especially compared to the other black outfits they're wearing! They look so good! Why couldn't the striped ones be as good? :cryalot:

I find it really odd saying this too, but I love the parts where everyone slaps Mizuki. Why in the world it's choreographed like that, I'll never know, but it looks really cool. If we can keep this high budget Musume, I can die happy. Real sets! A stage with excellent lighting!! UFP caring!
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

If they have a preview of the PV, it'll probably show up on the next H!PS then, with the way H!P has been doing PV releases these days.

Oh, and I can't remember the last time they did group shots for lines rather than only solo shots for MM, but I like. (I know Berryz did it recently)
Last edited by kira on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158966" data-time="1375139816"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0318aN- ... edded">And snippets of the MV.</a></blockquote>
Confirmed Wagamama MV budget: 10 tickets to the nearest theatre.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Budget vid or not I really like what I see so far. I like the slapping parts. It's risky and cool. The dance seems tighter than the last one and wayyy more original. I didn't see any recycled dance moves but I could be wrong. The pants outfits are sexy, especially on Sayu and Haruna.

IMO Haruna is the only one who can pull off the thick stripes.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158966" data-time="1375139816">
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0318aN- ... edded">And snippets of the MV.</a>
</blockquote>

[/quote]

Apparently it's Showa University of Music's "Teatro Giglio Showa". It's a nice theater, but all the empty chairs behind them is just awkward.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Two outfits in one video?! MADNESS.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Kalle"]
[/quote]

AND two angles too!
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I can see why this is the main A-side and I'm really excited.  I can kind of hear the "disco" in the "discotheque" sense and not the 60's sense.  Everyone looks great and into it, so yay!
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Better than Kimi Sae and I'm glad they finally got some angle work going on, but it's wasted on the idea of them performing to an empty theater and also performing backwards to an empty theater. At least the song is good.

They keep doing that standing tall, body straight forward, marching into next position move and it kills me every time. At least they're investing in being a dance group. If they keep improving their vocals, they could be an exceptional talent.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="neshcom"]
Better than Kimi Sae and I'm glad they finally got some angle work going on, but it's wasted on the idea of them performing to an empty theater and also performing backwards to an empty theater.
[/quote]

They perform frontwards too.

Actually, I think the only time they perform backwards is when they're wearing the infinitely more awesome black outfits. Unless you're saying angles are wasted because they perform backwards at all?
Last edited by showraniy on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I hate to say it but Reina-less MM kicks ass. And UFP actually gives a shit for once.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="159005" data-time="1375152014">
I hate to say it but Reina-less MM kicks ass. And UFP actually gives a shit for once.</blockquote>

Yeah, no more of her idgaf dancing.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="neshcom" data-cid="158993" data-time="1375150384">
<div>
Better than Kimi Sae and I'm glad they finally got some angle work going on, but it's wasted on the idea of them performing to an empty theater and also performing backwards to an empty theater.
[/quote]

They perform frontwards too.

Actually, I think the only time they perform backwards is when they're wearing the infinitely more awesome black outfits. Unless you're saying angles are wasted because they perform backwards at all?

</div>
</blockquote>

The frontwards shots look like a different place, unless they just pulled the curtains back. I'm hoping that part will be edited somehow because it looks cheap.
saicoink
Kenshuusei

Post by saicoink »

The slapping part in unison with the beat in the MV reminds me of High School Lullaby by Imokin Trio: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlk4zU6m ... zU6mt3E</a>
and here's the cover with Yoshizawa Hitomi, Abe Natsumi, and Matsuura Aya: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObmifUru ... fUru2Zo</a>

I'm having high hopes for this song now. I'm loving the all-black outfits!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm liking the PV. It's different for H!P! Although it does remind me of the AKB subgroup Watariouka Hashiritai's "Kanpeki Guu no ne"
[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="158966" data-time="1375139816">
</blockquote>

[/quote]
Well actually renting out a Theater space, especially one that big, is really expensive. That's probably where half their funds go to (especially for concerts).

[quote="Kalle"]
[/quote]
MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE. Not so much of a fan of the striped outfits, but I'm loving the black ones.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi