Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm liking Wagamama now that I've heard a better quality version.

And WHAAAAAT!?!? 2 outfits for both PV's? MM must be making bank to be able to afford 4 different outfits.

I like Wagamama's PV better overall, but Gundan is really nice too, especially the white outfits.
Wagamama is more of an out of the box PV, and Gundan is a regular H!P PV I would say.

Song wise I like Gundan better though.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I knew they would've used both outfits in the Wagemama one but I totally didn't expect the Ai no gundan white outfits. And they did that MV a lot better than I expected it to be. But Ai no gundan was better than the standard Average MV.
Formerly Mizura
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Is it me or this Reina-less Musume is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. ??????

For real, suddenly all girls get a decent amount of lines and screentime (Haruna and Kanon are still a bit behind though). Who would have thought that Masaki could give the last note in a song? And damn well she did.

And Sakura... she might not have a striking beauty like Riho (who is blossoming pretty well), but whenever she sings... *_____* 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm conflicted, I like both songs equally right now. There's something about the Joke song that I like, maybe it's the slapping bit or the instrumental break. Overall I like it for the spectacle of it all. It's simple. but well done with the camera angles and the lighting. It's basically a cheap dress that was bedazzled to look more expensive. Effort over a standard dance shot is all I ask for,

Gundan was weaker to me in that started off in that scary zone, was it all going to be dance shot? Then they added in the close ups and the 2nd shots and it just sort of didn't flow together. It was like, they added those 2nd shots as an afterthought for them to do something else. I wish they had done more with it. I see though, that they reused the white Joke boots.

Lastly, Gundan is an earworm song, Joke isn't so much so yet. Might be because I've only heard is a few times compared to Gundan. Or maybe my brain is just on overload and it doesn't know what to think yet.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Watching the Wagamama PV has endeared me to it a lot more. The theater is marginally better than a sound stage and I think the lighting is actually pretty killer compared to the recent bout with green skin. It also feels like there's a silver lining in such a ho hum setting; the editing has to be a lot more fast paced and they need a lot of variety in their angles, both of which I think they managed well.

Gundan is still strange on all fronts. I guess it's space themed? I can't get over how well put together the song is for being such a strange composition. The production is almost airtight, but the horns almost automatically destroy the feeling because there is a fantastic electropop song in there. As for the PV, it reminds me of 123 (I think?) with the really beautiful white/alt clips that destroy the main scenes. I know the whole dance is military, but I'd rather the flowing white outfits than the janky black scene. It feels so thrown together where the white scenes are gorgeous.

I'm actually a little more excited for this single now. Wagamama is really badass and I hope that's what they pimp.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I liked both songs, but Wagamama is the winner for me.

I wish the stage would have an audience though. Is it really so hard for them to do like a fanclub "Be in Momusu's latest single!" lottery-type thing to get some asses in seats? Hell, make it interesting and have all the females at the very front. :P

Masaki is so annoying. I think she's transferred to Reina's spot as the "member I dislike".
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

[quote="showraniy"]

<div>
I love everything about this song and it is perfect. That is all. Musume telling people to fuck off while dancing in awesome costumes (mostly) with awesome set. I'm in heaven.
</div>

[/quote]

This.

The single is a success.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="159127" data-time="1375284422">
I just got off the phone with Tsunku, he said they saw my posts and decided to re-shoot the MVs, hence the delay. ;/
</blockquote>

Tell him more sparkles or showraniy's people will be in contact.

[/quote]

He apparently got the message. :umad:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Petit Melon"]
I liked both songs, but Wagamama is the winner for me.

I wish the stage would have an audience though. Is it really so hard for them to do like a fanclub "Be in Momusu's latest single!" lottery-type thing to get some asses in seats? Hell, make it interesting and have all the females at the very front. :P

Masaki is so annoying. I think she's transferred to Reina's spot as the "member I dislike".
[/quote]

Visualizing a theater full of wota would bring down the quality of Wagamama in my eyes. I think it would be distracting honestly, even with a regular audience. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

I like both songs a lot!  I'm not disappointed at all.  Both videos are pretty cool, too.  I was happy to see the following:
1. Sayu solo lines. YOU GET 'EM, LEADER.
2. Shots of the girls in groups, not just the usual dance shot/up-close PV.
3. The girls wearing make-up (especially in ai no gundan). I'd gotten so incredibly tired of them looking so PLAIN. I mean I understand some of them are young but ffs you're in entertainment, dress it up.
4. The girls just looking grown up in general. :)
<p class="bbc_center">Image
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I love the Wagamama music video. The empty theater makes sense with the song if you think about it. It could be referencing to the fact that the song talks about wanting to be loved but there's no one that does. I love the song. (I actually think I like this one so much since the lyrics [what of them is correctly translated] at some parts describe me quite accurately.)
Looks like Ai no Gundan got a smaller budget, but its still nice. The sparkles look a little out of place in the dance parts. The shots in the white outfits where they lay down remind me of the STACYS pictures though. I still like it thought.
Last edited by star on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

[quote="Petit Melon"]
[/quote]
Same, except she replaced Aika ages ago. I find her less visually annoying this single, but her voice is just so whiny and grating.

I really like both songs, but Ai no Gundan wins for me. I was pleased to see how much screentime Kanon got in Wagamama though.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I'm not feeling Wagamama at all....

Still loving Ai no Gundan though!
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I love both of them. :crazy:
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I like wagamama the song, but the video seems awkward and I can't quite figure out why...
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="rob"]
I like wagamama the song, but the video seems awkward and I can't quite figure out why...
[/quote]

I thought it went back and forth between different shots a bit too quickly.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="159219" data-time="1375325261">
<div>
[/quote]

I thought it went back and forth between different shots a bit too quickly.

</div>
</blockquote>

I agree, it was hard to keep track of all the members when it does that.
Formerly Mizura
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I've had Ai no Gundan in my head for days now... I think I only watched the dance shot twice, too... I don't necessarily like or hate the song, but I wish it would get out of my head  :confused:

I do like bits and pieces of Wagamama (I especially like the beginning), but I don't really like the "aisaretai" parts at all... Mizuki on hers sounded awesome, though. The black outfits look infinitely better than the black/white dresses. All the girls look fantastic in those shots, so I don't get why they even needed to have second outfits. The dance is pretty cool. Kanon is the only one from 9th gen to not get slapped, though, but she is front for parts of the dance with Erina and Haruka. They all looked great during it.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I love these songs  :heart:  :love:
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

With all the people saying that Masaki is annoying, I feel the need to note that since Reina left, my number one spot is a struggle between Masaki and Ayumi.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Both of these songs are growing on me and can I just say that I fucking love Sakura so so so so much?
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I don't hate Kanon but seeing people with her avatar shitting on Masaki make me hate her. Maybe you guys are just displeased that Masaki has more screentime than your fav?
Back to main topic, I prefer Ai no gundan to Wagamama, although both MV has amazing visuals. The girls are growing up so well. I am loving Ayumi and Masaki more and more. Ayumi is just straight out pretty, and I love the way her skirt flips when she swirls. And Masaki has very good expressions. I think when she becomes an adult, she will have a lot of charisma.
Sayumi is overdoing her sex appeal, it is a bit annoying. Mizuki is getting more and more attractive. I love to see her in the front.
Riho is pretty but sometimes I think she is a bit manly. Haruka is tomboyish, but she still has her attractive side. Sakura is not the prettiest girl out there, but she is growing more girly each day and look especially good with her new hair style and make-up. Only Riho looks like a man, I think it's because of the way she carries herself?

Last edited by smtmissin on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Yes of course, the only reason you can possibly not like Masaki is because she gets more screen time than Kanon. That's why I also can't stand Mizuki, Sayumi, Ayumi, and Sakura. Oh wait. I love them all.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I know people mentioned Ai no Gundan's white dress shots reused the white platform boots from Wagamama, but I just noticed Wagamama's dance shot uses the same black boots from Gundan's dance shot. So basically they used the same boots in both MVs, just Wagamama used the white and black ones at the same time to keep the black and white theme. Though it looks like Wagamama also uses the knee-high boots in the concert dance so I wonder if those'll show up in future performances too.

[quote="smtmissin"]
Maybe you guys are just displeased that Masaki has more screentime than your fav?
[/quote]

Don't start that shit. There's nothing I hate reading more on the BBS than people too invested in their idols of choice.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="Molly"]
Yes of course, the only reason you can possibly not like Masaki is because she gets more screen time than Kanon. That's why I also can't stand Mizuki, Sayumi, Ayumi, and Sakura. Oh wait. I love them all.
[/quote]

^^^^^^

This is the second time in a couple weeks a Masaki fan has been insulting to Zukki fans and I'm damn tired of it. Nobody has specifically expressed any hatred towards her in reference to this single that I know of; and in fact even if I dislike her I must admit she sounded amazing is "Ai no Joke."
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Everyone has annoying fans and no one likes people talking shit about their favorites. The end.

It's just that some of our favorites are better than others. :dancey:
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Fucking hell, we are not H!O you guys, shit stop.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Of course we're not. On H!O every member is perfect and the bestest. Except for Riho, because she steals lines while kicking pregnant women in the stomach and murdering kittens.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

I love everyone~ :rainbow: :heart:
last.fm | twitter | tumblr