SAILOR MOON ANIME REBOOT SUMMER 2013 - MOMO IRO CLOVER TO SING THEME SONG

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Tsuki
こぶしファクトリー

Re: SAILOR MOON ANIME REBOOT SUMMER 2013 - MOMO IRO CLOVER TO SING THEME SONG

Post by Tsuki »

That's strange they'd use a Lemure with Queen Beryl/the Shittenou, I wonder why. I've also not been able to get into the musicals, but I would definitely check it out if they did the S arc well. The first arc bores me now, it's the same story over and over.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

There was apparently a press conference about this a few hours ago. I am running late and don't have time to look anything about it up but I figured I would mention it here in case someone else wants to.

/edit ok I glanced it over and on four hours of sleep what I gather is it will start airing in December, will be on Nikoniko Douga, and it will air around the world. Everything else looked like repeat info but I'm half asleep and now it is nap time.
Last edited by yuzuriha on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Hurrah~ Winter Moon~ <3 <a href="http://ch.nicovideo.jp/sailormoon-20th" ... on-20th</a>

Uhm... i guess I need to figure out my NicoNico account againt. Orz. (I hope you don't have to become a premium member to watch it.)

Also <a href="http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/08/04 ... l">this</a> mentions something about the ending theme, but I can't read it and it doesn't make sense in google.
<a href="http://natalie.mu/comic/news/96465">This</a> article also features photos of MomoCloZ. (Desperately trying to find video.)  :ph34r: (To watch them butcher Moonlight Densetsu again?)
<a href="http://newslounge.net/archives/88544">Another</a> (more pics!)

Have some pictures.
Image Image
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Did anyone get the new sailor moon calendars? Now that the show is airing in Dec, I wonder if we will see new/better merchandise in the next few months.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I didn't read the whole article but I think it says the opening and ending themes have been decided and that the opening will be moonlight densetsu.
Kaori • Risako 

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

That first article says that their version of Moonlight Densetsu will be in addition to an opening and ending.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<a href="http://youtu.be/WVer6PtUMuk">Here</a> are MomoClo singing Moonlight Densetsu again and it's not any better then the last time they did it. Though they have a dance to go with it now.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Forgive me for being late to the scene, but I thought it was supposed to be a new anime, is it a new Live Action instead, or also?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Those shots are because they are also reviving the musicals!

/edit There's going to be another NicoNico livestream on Thursday with info about the musicals.  Also the inner senshi from the musical will appear at some kind of live event....AniSummer or something? On the 23rd.
Last edited by yuzuriha on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 

emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

Naoko Takeuchi was interviewed by ROLa magazine. I found a scan but not a translation. It is her first interview since 2002.

tumblr_mqudxqmQZj1rxn7s5o1_1280-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by emily on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

MissDream has said they were going to do a translation, so I'm sure it'll be up there soon. They also translated the Nico broadcast about the anime/musical, but I haven't had a chance to watch yet. I wanted to watch it live but 4am on a Sunday was a no for me :/
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
Miss Moonlight
モーニング娘。

Post by Miss Moonlight »

I'm waiting on watching the broadcast too, as I'm out of town with nothing but my phone. I am SO EXCITED by all the promo pics I've seen for this musical so far though. So excited.

I also figured out how to livestream things recently. Sooooo if anyone would care to have a BBS chat party whilst watching our future Tux and/or Beryl in something they've done already, let me know :)
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

The only thing I hate about any of this is Momoiro being involved. They suck at singing, point blank. I want some beautiful opening and endings, not screeching with chatty annoyances over the top. 

The new Myu looks fantastic, is anyone here going? I'd like to buy merchandise from people who are. I already have a crush on Yuga. :wub:
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I would love to go but the run is so short...and coming up so soon!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

What's with all the hate on Momclo? I agree that the moonlight dentsu song sucked but, They have some really good songs also.
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Don't worry, I am excited as shit about Momoclo, and I have been getting my bestie hyped up about it though.
Kaori • Risako 

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I finally saw the nico event. 

The actress that plays Kunzite sucks balls. She looked like she didn't even want to be there. Good thing the other actresses made up for her.  I am also pleased to learn about the existence of Root. I finally understand the fanaticism of Takarazuka fans for their otoko-yaku. 
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

The five senshi were at an event yesterday and performed two of the new songs! MissDream has subtitled the full half-hour event here: <a href="http://missdream.org/pretty-guardian-sa ... -event/</a>

You can tell all the girls (especially Moon) are rather nervous but they have lovely voices and great personalities!
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="eri"]

The actress that plays Kunzite sucks balls. She looked like she didn't even want to be there. Good thing the other actresses made up for her.  I am also pleased to learn about the existence of Root. I finally understand the fanaticism of Takarazuka fans for their otoko-yaku. 
[/quote]

I've only had a chance to watch a tiny bit of this, but I agree. I get the feeling Zoicite is going to be a bigger role (for whatever reason) and that's why they switched the actresses. Saika Ryo is clearly more awesome. The actress playing Kunzite has also never played a male role and it shows.

Also ROOT actually isn't a Takarazuka grad (I believe only the actresses playing Tux, Zoicite, and Beryl are) - though I get what you mean, she totally has that otoko-yaku appeal. I was reading up on the cast the other day, and she's actually a "male model." Meaning she models men's clothing in men's fashion magazines. I didn't realize that was a thing! I thought it was awesome. What I'm not clear on is whether people in that sort of career just do it all "for show" or if they actually gender-identify as male in their personal lives as well.

As for the performance from Animelo, it was amaaaaaziiiiing. Everyone was obviously nervous and vocals were shaky, but I definitely think with practice and confidence they're going to be as solid of a cast vocally as they are looks/personality-wise. 

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="TnB"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="160346" data-time="1376426711">
<div>

[/quote]
I've only had a chance to watch a tiny bit of this, but I agree. I get the feeling Zoicite is going to be a bigger role (for whatever reason) and that's why they switched the actresses. Saika Ryo is clearly more awesome. The actress playing Kunzite has also never played a male role and it shows.

Also ROOT actually isn't a Takarazuka grad (I believe only the actresses playing Tux, Zoicite, and Beryl are) - though I get what you mean, she totally has that otoko-yaku appeal. I was reading up on the cast the other day, and she's actually a "male model." Meaning she models men's clothing in men's fashion magazines. I didn't realize that was a thing! I thought it was awesome. What I'm not clear on is whether people in that sort of career just do it all "for show" or if they actually gender-identify as male in their personal lives as well.

As for the performance from Animelo, it was amaaaaaziiiiing. Everyone was obviously nervous and vocals were shaky, but I definitely think with practice and confidence they're going to be as solid of a cast vocally as they are looks/personality-wise. 

</div>
</blockquote>
Yes! Sorry to be unclear -- Root isn't Takarazuka but a model for KERA in men's wear (right?) but her existence finally helped me understand the obsession women have with Takarazuka.  Holy hell.  And ahhhh, no wonder they switched roles last minute but I assumed her crankiness at the Nico event was because she was forced to leave her "feminine" role as Zoicite and play the "masculine" role as Kunzite -- even though, she often reminded us, she's not manly at all boohoo.  (rolling eyes).

And excited, now, to see the Animelo show.  Are you going to Japan to catch the musical at all?
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="eri"]
Yes! Sorry to be unclear -- Root isn't Takarazuka but a model for KERA in men's wear (right?) but her existence finally helped me understand the obsession women have with Takarazuka.  Holy hell.  And ahhhh, no wonder they switched roles last minute but I assumed her crankiness at the Nico event was because she was forced to leave her "feminine" role as Zoicite and play the "masculine" role as Kunzite -- even though, she often reminded us, she's not manly at all boohoo.  (rolling eyes).
<div>

</div>

And excited, now, to see the Animelo show.  Are you going to Japan to catch the musical at all?

[/quote]

Why do I always miss when there are posts to this thread? D:

The Shitennou actresses are going to be on another live interview broadcast, so I'm really curious to see how that goes. The Kunzite actress seems much more enthused in all the pictures on twitter and stuff, so I'm hoping she was just having a bad day and has her shit together now. She's seriously the only dull one of the whole case - even Queen Beryl is bringing everyone treats, HOW CUTE IS THAT? 

I really wish I could catch a musical, but I was already planning on being in Japan in December and couldn't swing two trips that close together :( The best I could do is help my bff get a ticket so she can go and tell me all about it. 

I really hope this is a huge success and this starts another long Myu run so I can make one in the future. Talk about lifelong goals, man. 

AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TnB" data-cid="161719" data-time="1377808613">
I really hope this is a huge success and this starts another long Myu run so I can make one in the future. Talk about lifelong goals, man.
</blockquote>

This, exactly. So I can go too!

I saw the <a href="http://natalie.mu/comic/gallery/show/ne ... 2">booklet cover</a> sufaced on facebook, it's really nice and look so much better than the former ones.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Someone in Japan is taking preorders for musical merch. I ordered the kit with the fan/sticker/penlight. I AM EXCITE.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="AquaChan"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TnB" data-cid="161719" data-time="1377808613">
</blockquote>

This, exactly. So I can go too!

I saw the <a href="http://natalie.mu/comic/gallery/show/ne ... 2">booklet cover</a> sufaced on facebook, it's really nice and look so much better than the former ones.

[/quote]

Thirded.  I want to see a Myu so badly. ;_;
Kaori • Risako 

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I really like this fanmade character update.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Not just an update, a new character
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Ohh yeah I remember reading about something like daughter but whatever it's a clone of Usagi lol
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah I just almost had a heart attack thinking that's real and her name is Koyomi now and I couldn't even aiuerghiuaegh
Kaori • Risako 

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

lol yeah it's so nice it looks official.

I really like it though! it still looks old school, but it has a modern feel to it. I didn't like the chibiusa or Mamoru designs much though.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Haha, just looked them up.  They made Chibi-usa (renamed to Mikage) a hikikomori :lol:

Edit: actually there's a note saying she's different from Chibi-usa...
Last edited by Zoe on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.