I want...

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

Re: I want...

Post by Elpis »

They have?! Thats good I guess, maybe i'll give them another try.
Formerly Mizura
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

They aren't bad, but they really need to get their own bass player and drummer. And Reina could dumb down the cute idol stage presence a little.
Last edited by star on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="158831" data-time="1375021079">
They aren't bad, but they really need to get their own bass and guitar players. And Reina could dumb down the cute idol stage presence a little.</blockquote>

And drummer would be cool too.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I meant to put drummer instead of guitar players.
Fixed.

Last edited by star on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="YuuakuRisa"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="158831" data-time="1375021079">
They aren't bad, but they really need to get their own bass and guitar players. And Reina could dumb down the cute idol stage presence a little.
</blockquote>

[/quote]

And a replacement singer for the short one, she's terrible.... I forget her name...
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

Okada Marina? Eh, she's not the best.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="158883" data-time="1375064060"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="158865" data-time="1375047712">
They aren't bad, but they really need to get their own bass and guitar players. And Reina could dumb down the cute idol stage presence a little.</blockquote>
</blockquote>

And a replacement singer for the short one, she's terrible.... I forget her name...</blockquote>

HAHAHA!!!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="YuuakuRisa"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="158883" data-time="1375064060">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="YuuakuRisa" data-cid="158865" data-time="1375047712">

They aren't bad, but they really need to get their own bass and guitar players. And Reina could dumb down the cute idol stage presence a little.
</blockquote>
And drummer would be cool too.</blockquote>

And a replacement singer for the short one, she's terrible.... I forget her name...</blockquote>

HAHAHA!!!

[/quote]
Theres one named Marin, and another named Marina

(I think)
Formerly Mizura
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Vocals are Reina(the short one and one that still acts like an idol) and Marin(the much better singer.)
Guitar is Yuki and Marina (both amazing int heir own right)
Last edited by star on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

You got it mixed up. Marina is the vocalist. Marin is on the guitar. <a href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/LoVe ... AF">See</a>?

Okay I just have a new one.

Kanon and Sakura form a new Satoyama unit!

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="Mosumu4Ever"]
You got it mixed up. Marina is the vocalist. Marin is on the guitar. <a href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/LoVe ... AF">See</a>?

Okay I just have a new one.

Kanon and Sakura form a new Satoyama unit!
[/quote]

i agree. They must.  And both of them haven't been put in a unit yet. It could happen!
Formerly Mizura
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Mosumu4Ever"]

[/quote]
I always get their names mixed up . . . damn them for having similar given names.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah well I am definitely all for the Zukki Sakura Satoyama/umi unit.

But now that I heard Sakura and Risako do Shining Itoshiki Anata I want THAT to be a unit.  OMG.

Also, listening to the Taka/Gaki/Riho version of Moonlight Night I want Riho to sing more like she did when she first joined if I am going to have to be subjected to her singing.  She wasn't amazing or anything but at least her voice didn't make me want to rip my eardrums out.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

^ SOMEONE ELSE who thinks like I do about Riho (it seems to be rare). Riho was a half-decent singer when she joined, but then they tried turning her into Reina/Ai 2.0 and ruined her voice. I listened to her Furusato solo on Hello Station out of morbid curiousity and she murdered the high notes SO bad.

Zukki + Sakura unit would be love. I'm totally wishing for this to happen. Or, for the best of both worlds, Zukki + Sakura + Risako?
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm not sure it's that UFP ruined her voice as much as she did by using it incorrectly. She sounds so raspy and harsh when she sings compared to her voice in Moonlight Night. Her voice sounded the exact same, just without the strain we're used to hearing out of her.

I mean, this could be UFP's fault for training her incorrectly/not training her to stop destroying her voice, but I think it has more to do with how she sings than what she's singing. The how is Riho's fault, the what would be UFP's.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="showraniy"]
I'm not sure it's that UFP ruined her voice as much as she did by using it incorrectly. She sounds so raspy and harsh when she sings compared to her voice in Moonlight Night. Her voice sounded the exact same, just without the strain we're used to hearing out of her.

I mean, this could be UFP's fault for training her incorrectly/not training her to stop destroying her voice, but I think it has more to do with how she sings than what she's singing. The how is Riho's fault, the what would be UFP's.
[/quote]

She does try out different ways of singing in the lives on her own, so you're probably somewhat right about this. But I think her vocal training probably does play some part because no one seems to be telling her to stop.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="showraniy"]

[/quote]

I thought it was also because they have her imitate Ai to be the next ace and her voice can't handle the different range at all.
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah, basically a combo of everything that's been said.  She just doesn't sing correctly, she is straining, and there is no one correcting her.

But I will never forget a clip of Nacchi WAY BACK IN THE DAY going to NYC and training with a vocal coach there who was telling her something like...you're a best selling singer in Japan?  How is this possible, your technique is horrible.  Something along those lines anyway.  And yes, Nacchi sang/sings(???) incorrectly but the straining wasn't as noticeable.  With Riho it sounds like she's constantly straining and it hurts my voice to hear her sing.  ANyway, that tells us how voice training at UFA is...
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, I think Farrah was saying awhile ago that there's a clip of LinLin from back when she and JunJun were new, where she's singing correctly and then the trainer actually shows her another way to do it that's actually damaging.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I actually like Riho (she used to be my favorite) but her voice has just gone off the deep end recently.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Anderei"]
Yeah, I think Farrah was saying awhile ago that there's a clip of LinLin from back when she and JunJun were new, where she's singing correctly and then the trainer actually shows her another way to do it that's actually damaging.
[/quote]

Seriously? I must know more about this. Linlin still turned out awesome, but she could've used some polishing. I'd be sad to know if she could've polished herself just fine without a trainer coming in and wrecking it.

[quote="yuzuriha"]
But I will never forget a clip of Nacchi WAY BACK IN THE DAY going to NYC and training with a vocal coach there who was telling her something like...you're a best selling singer in Japan?  How is this possible, your technique is horrible.  Something along those lines anyway.  And yes, Nacchi sang/sings(???) incorrectly but the straining wasn't as noticeable.  With Riho it sounds like she's constantly straining and it hurts my voice to hear her sing.  ANyway, that tells us how voice training at UFA is...
[/quote]

GOOD! That explains why she finally got better. I swear I was just thinking of Nacchi yesterday and how much I absolutely hated her singing when she was in MM. She sounded so flat and fucking bad all the time, but she got all the lines like she was halfway decent or something. Furusato redone by everyone else was infinitely better.
Last edited by showraniy on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="159137" data-time="1375293263">
<div>
[/quote]

Seriously? I must know more about this. Linlin still turned out awesome, but she could've used some polishing. I'd be sad to know if she could've polished herself just fine without a trainer coming in and wrecking it.

[quote="yuzuriha"]
[/quote]

GOOD! That explains why she finally got better. I swear I was just thinking of Nacchi yesterday and how much I absolutely hated her singing when she was in MM. She sounded so flat and fucking bad all the time, but she got all the lines like she was halfway decent or something. Furusato redone by everyone else was infinitely better.

</div>
</blockquote>

I wish I could remember which thread we were talking about it in, but I can't. I think it speaks volumes as to how idols are trained to sing, though.

AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

I wish the new member would be an older girl with some real premade singing talent. MM is in desperate need of talented singers to at least fill the gap until the current members improve.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

<div>
<div>

<div>
[quote="Anderei"]
I wish I could remember which thread we were talking about it in, but I can't. I think it speaks volumes as to how idols are trained to sing, though.
[/quote]
</div>

</div>
Here it is:
</div>

[quote="Farrah"]
For what it's worth, H!P's training is incredibly unethical. Seriously, I have seen them literally teach girls to do shit that is bad for the voice. In a video clip from right after the pandas debuted, Linlin was getting vocal lessons. She was singing a long note and sustained it wonderfully, with proper support and vibrato. It sounded full and mature and very healthy. The vocal trainer then made her do the line over and over, trying to show her how to do that "squeak" sound that Reina is known for at the end of her lines or when trying to hit a high note. Pretty much every idol singer from the last 2 decades does it - it's basically the contemporary "idol" way of singing, but any REAL vocal trainer will tell you that it's incredibly bad for your voice because that "squeak" at the end of lines A. Causes you to be more nasal, which is unhealthy and B. Causes you to compress your vocal cords, basically squeezing them, which is INSANELY unhealthy. They train the girls to sing a very bad way, and I honestly don't know why. The more old school idols I've heard (Onyanko Club, Nakamori Akina) don't seem to do it much, but I hear tons of it in AKB48, Momoclo, Momusu and even Dream and SPEED. SPEED's lead singer is especially guilty of it.

I might sound like I'm talking out of my ass, but I used to do the "squeak to hit high notes and end lines" thing because I sang idol music a lot as a hobby and was copying them, and my vocal teacher and choral director rip me a new one for it every single time I revert to it. According to them, it ravages your voice. It would definitely explain why Reina, Airi, and Chisato's voices have lost so much power and "thickness" over the years.[/quote]

Last edited by Banana on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Oh yeah, I remember that.  Horrible.  And I think singing idol songs at karaoke has ruined my voice a bit too.
Kaori • Risako 

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Banana"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="130765" data-time="1343168488">
<div>
For what it's worth, H!P's training is incredibly unethical. Seriously, I have seen them literally teach girls to do shit that is bad for the voice. In a video clip from right after the pandas debuted, Linlin was getting vocal lessons. She was singing a long note and sustained it wonderfully, with proper support and vibrato. It sounded full and mature and very healthy. The vocal trainer then made her do the line over and over, trying to show her how to do that "squeak" sound that Reina is known for at the end of her lines or when trying to hit a high note. Pretty much every idol singer from the last 2 decades does it - it's basically the contemporary "idol" way of singing, but any REAL vocal trainer will tell you that it's incredibly bad for your voice because that "squeak" at the end of lines A. Causes you to be more nasal, which is unhealthy and B. Causes you to compress your vocal cords, basically squeezing them, which is INSANELY unhealthy. They train the girls to sing a very bad way, and I honestly don't know why. The more old school idols I've heard (Onyanko Club, Nakamori Akina) don't seem to do it much, but I hear tons of it in AKB48, Momoclo, Momusu and even Dream and SPEED. SPEED's lead singer is especially guilty of it.

I might sound like I'm talking out of my ass, but I used to do the "squeak to hit high notes and end lines" thing because I sang idol music a lot as a hobby and was copying them, and my vocal teacher and choral director rip me a new one for it every single time I revert to it. According to them, it ravages your voice. It would definitely explain why Reina, Airi, and Chisato's voices have lost so much power and "thickness" over the years.[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

That is a delicious post full of educational goodness. I would love to read Farrah deconstructing idol singing all over the place; I would eat up every paragraph.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Hmmmm, that's news to me  :pouty:
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Same here. What a bunch of pricks!
I think in AKB they kind of let them sing however they want. The voices kind of get mixed in the song later, so... ^^U

I'm happy that, for now, they've left Sakura alone. I guess they always need a "strong" voice in the group? Or maybe she's just giving them the middle finger by singing that way? lol

I kind of wish there were more voices like hers and Takahashi's in the group... although then they're kinda wasted with the idol style. I mean, Takahashi's audition was flawless (<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiI6h8V0 ... h8V0cl0</a> min 0:49) and then we never got to hear something like that again. :/

But I just don't get it. It's not as if the music dramatically changes if they sing this or that way.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't know if it holds true, but I've been told the AKB girls don't receive vocal training, although some of them do go out on their own and take lessons.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

So technically speaking, girls who are pushed to the back more/sing less/ don't get voice lessons. Are actually better off since they aren't straining their voice in the long run. It may disappoint their fans but its actually better for them.
Formerly Mizura