The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

neshcom
ANGERME

Re: The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

Post by neshcom »

What was the song MM did a week or so ago with the new, bass-heavy arrangement? I think it might have been Help Me? I wonder if that was just a live-band-only thing or if it's indicative of what we can expect. A new version of the song everyone knows isn't the craziest idea.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They did Help Me with a live band for FNS recently. You might be thinking of that?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I never understood the love for "The Manpower." It is neither melodic nor rhythmically interesting in any way. At least "Namida.." is cloyingly melodic in it's banality, "The Manpower" is just a mess.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The Manpower is definitely one of my least favorites.

Worst singles (A-sides) IMO are Ai Araba, Naichau Kamo, and Chokkan.

And I'm sooo over Love Machine.

Looking forward to hearing their We're Alive and Wish though!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Hm. The only single I can't stand the PV or the music of is Chokkan, so.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I'd buy an all-MM-singles-up-until-now collection album (like the 10th anniversary one).
But this is completely uninteresting to me...
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I knew they would put Renai Revolution and Love machine on there. Figures they like the famous classics. Why can't they put something like Ai no Tane, koko ni iruzee, or Morning Coffee on there?
Formerly Mizura
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Well, these girls probably couldn't handle the harmonies on Morning Coffee too well, but I love Morning Coffee. It would be nice to put other popular but not-run-into-the-ground songs on the album, but that's UFP for you.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Well, these girls probably couldn't handle the harmonies on Morning Coffee too well, but I love Morning Coffee. It would be nice to put other popular but not-run-into-the-ground songs on the album, but that's UFP for you.
[/quote]

It would be interesting to hear Koi no Dance site with them, but I'm not sure they could handle it.
Formerly Mizura
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

The fans HAVE to be sick of Renai Revolution and Love Machine, right?? They have been the group's go-to songs for over a decade, but I haven't really seen or heard much enthusiasm over either since, like, 2006. Those songs are way too overrated.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<div>
[quote="MejraThea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="160489" data-time="1376543913">
<div>
Sometimes people don't see the error of their ways until it's far too late.
[/quote]
All the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3dkr_dflUo">humping</a> in the video made people forget to listen to the song, then? 

</div>
</blockquote>
Hip thrusting, hip thrusting is no where near as bad as humping! And it doesn't measure up to the hip movement in Dokkan Capriccio either.
</blockquote>
</div>
Mostly hip thrusting, though, but there was definitely humping going on around 1:15 on the sides. The one side is Rika and Sayu. I know I saw it in the background at another part too.. :lol: Unless they were just hip thrusting on each other. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

^ I've never noticed that bit before, but technically they were hip thrusting beside each other! XD No one was standing in front of another, just to the side to. Sheesh, Myst, now I'll never be able to look at it again. Lol.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I don't mind RR21 since it was THE song that got me into MM in the first place ( even if it does get a little overplayed sometimes ) but ... yeah, I've never really liked Manpower, I'm sorry. :( I can't take that HOMO SAPIIENZU, for real.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

You strange people. Music needs no melody to be awesome sauce.

I also fully believe that casual fans who hear music way after it's released are better able to enjoy it though. I'll never forget the anticipation of the next song, being an active enough fan to build expectations before songs were released.

I like it much better hanging back and going oh hey they released a couple songs since I last heard them. No expectations, just pure enjoyment or no enjoyment from what I heard.

Hell, I love electronica, but if I were a more casual fan for MM, I'd probably want Tsunku to mix it up by now. Even though golden era songs get zero rotation in my playlists, their zany variety was the best part.

Oh and nothing will redeem Mikan; you're all crazy.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

What I don't understand is all the Mikan hate. What is wrong with that song? 
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Nothing, especially when compared to The Manpower. The bbs has never been more wrong about a song before.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]
You strange people. Music needs no melody to be awesome sauce.

[/quote]

That's true, but if it doesn't have melody it had better have interesting rhythms, or else it will almost certainly suck.

[quote="Mizura"]
[/quote]

I don't hate it, but I do find it to be bland and boring.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The only song I think I hate as much as The Manpower is Morning musume no hyokkori hyotanjima. 
Formerly Mizura
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I liked MM's version of Hyokkori, but it was a cover song, so does it even count as part of their discography? Do people count Pepper Keibu?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's counted towards the number of singles they've had. But they've only performed it once at a concert, so it's almost nonexistent.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Anderei"]
It's counted towards the number of singles they've had. But they've only performed it once at a concert, so it's almost nonexistent.
[/quote]
Only once?? I thought I remember Linlin performing it. I could be wrong, though...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Myst"]
I liked MM's version of Hyokkori, but it was a cover song, so does it even count as part of their discography? Do people count Pepper Keibu?
[/quote]

They are both official releases, so yes.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Myst"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="160714" data-time="1376702701">
<div>
[/quote]
Only once?? I thought I remember Linlin performing it. I could be wrong, though...

</div>
</blockquote>

The 2008 concert is the only time I could find that they did it.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Mizura"]
[/quote]

It is the epitome of boredom and the worst song released, up until that point at least. I was so happy that it actually tanked, because it deserved it.
I will never remove it as the "Least Favorite H!P Song" on my profile.

And yes, Manpower was complete trash.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Mikan had baby photos in the PV.

Therefore it gets a pass.

I don't hate it, sometimes I want to listen to it even. But it's on the lower rung of mm singles.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Mikan is a lot more fun to watch than it is to listen to.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="160718" data-time="1376703808">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="160714" data-time="1376702701">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>
I know they performed it when the single first came out in concert, but I can't remember which ones. Probably about Kei's graduation concert. The Non stop concerts? It's b-side has never been performed though! 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Myst"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="160721" data-time="1376705192">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="160718" data-time="1376703808">
<div>

<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>
I know they performed it when the single first came out in concert, but I can't remember which ones. Probably about Kei's graduation concert. The Non stop concerts? It's b-side has never been performed though! 

</div>
</blockquote>

The original Petit Moni has performed the original live, but the Morning Musume cover was released in 2008.

Edit: Hold on, are you talking about Hyotanjima or Pepper Keibu? I'm talking about Pepper Keibu. Hyotanjima has been done in 2003, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZtqYS0Quw8">2004</a>, and<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XoxcZkSdk"> 2008.</a>
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="160725" data-time="1376707810">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="160721" data-time="1376705192">
<div>

<div>

<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>

The original Petit Moni has performed the original live, but the Morning Musume cover was released in 2008.

Edit: Hold on, are you talking about Hyotanjima or Pepper Keibu? I'm talking about Pepper Keibu. Hyotanjima has been done in 2003, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZtqYS0Quw8">2004</a>, and<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XoxcZkSdk"> 2008.</a>

</div>
</blockquote>
I was talking about Hyokkori! :lol: The 7th/8th gen. version is suuuppper annoying, but bobble head Linlin.

I'm really curious to see which of the oldies get remixed. It'd be cool if they got Dance☆Man to update the arrangement. Does he still do stuff nowadays? I know not for H!P, but Jpop in general? I have no idea.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I really hope all the MoMusu classics featured on this album get an update :) I don't want an album full of same old same old. I doubt that the newer songs will get updates but if there was a possibility of that happening then I'd love Help Me!! to sound like the arragement performed on FNS :)

I'm probably not going to be able to afford this album on the release date, BoA broke my bank account lol