Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="161148" data-time="1377224331">
<div>
Harunas message made me sad. She really doesn't have that many fans out there does she… ????
[/quote]

I think she's talking more about how no one really knows who is in Morning Musume nowadays.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, she means that people know the group name "Morning Musume" but they don't know the members names (unless they are fans of course). She wants people to know her name like that as well, so when they hear "Iikubo Haruna" they think "Oh! She's in MM!" and not "Who??"
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDxi7P3o4ws">Haruka's</a>

Since there's been two today, I assume they plan on having these all out by the release date.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Music Station is today! If you want to watch it live (It's on at 8PM Japan Time, 7AM Eastern), you can do so here -> <a href="http://tv.exitoostore.com/2013/02/tv-on ... X">Link</a>

It started, and they got pretty new outfits. Seems like this is a legit restart for them. They are the main guests it seems? 

They will be singing Happy Summer Wedding and probably Joke.

I wish I could sit and watch this whole episode, but I need to get to work. T_T
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I can't decide if I hate or like those costumes....
fujii hina
Kenshuusei

Post by fujii hina »

They're done performing.Did happy summer wedding have the same formation as before?? I don't remember.

They did fine, in my opinion.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Lol Masaki says she thinks she's KY, which means she can't read the atmosphere around her. Not usually a good term in Japan. But then she's like don't you think a KY idol is interesting?
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

I see a panel of past members' tenures in the group behind the presenter?

I kind of hope Sayu's becomes the longest. She only needs to stay until December 2014 if I'm correct. (L)

Any link to watch the performance?
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ I really want Sayu to stay for as long as possible too :) Not because she's my favourite member therefore I want her to be the longest running member but because she's a great leader and genuinly care's for MoMusu and it's members :) I've gained so much more respect for Sayu over this past year than I ever did since first becoming a MoMusu fan :)
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Same here. 

Who would have thought that that annoying kid crying her heart out in Kaori's grad (the first MM concert I watched) would be so important for the group (and I know, everyone is important... but you know... some are more lol).

Also, I don't see any of the girls ready to step up as leader, so I think another year would be fit (leaving at the winter tour with the whole H!P around her would be even better).

Also, performance: <a href="http://youtu.be/rr73Gbk0iv0">http://you ... Gbk0iv0</a>

ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Looking at translations of the truck loads of tweets about MoMusu it seems that they're gaining a lot of new fans from many demographics :) There's even a lot of interest from AKB fans which is very nice to see :) I'm glad that both AKB and MoMusu fans are being mature now :) Let's not have a repeat of the fights that occurred a few years ago  :nono:
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

Riho really needs to take a backseat for a little while.

I personally love her as a front girl, but all of these recent live performances have me totally convinced that there is something legitimately wrong with her voice. She's struggling with every note that she's given, which wasn't as much of a problem a year or so ago. I just feel bad for her.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Rally"]

I personally love her as a front girl, but all of these recent live performances have me totally convinced that there is something legitimately wrong with her voice. She's struggling with every note that she's given, which wasn't as much of a problem a year or so ago. I just feel bad for her.
[/quote]

Me too, honestly.

I used to be a Riho hater because I found her annoying and overly cocky, but just watching Hello Station with her as the MC, I realized I really don't hate her. In fact, she's pretty delightful, but that's besides the point.

Whatever UFP/Tsunku/whoever is doing to her voice is ridiculous. It's been going on far too long, and I can't believe no one is saying anything. It's past the point of being just annoying, it's actually physically hurting her, so someone needs to change what they're doing about her voice.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Rally"]

[/quote]

She mentioned on a recent Hello!Station that her voice has been hoarse. I think she's either lost it recently or is in the process of losing it.

Also, after watching the performance, I really wish they'd spend more time teaching this lineup how to harmonize with each other. It becomes really obvious they're not very good at it when they do the older songs that put more emphasis on it.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

It's been over two weeks since that H!S. It's strange that she's still having problems.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I guess that's true. But having problems with her voice isn't new. She completely lost it at 2012 Winter and had to lipsync.

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rally" data-cid="161193" data-time="1377272793">
<div>

[/quote]

She mentioned on a recent Hello!Station that her voice has been hoarse. I think she's either lost it recently or is in the process of losing it.

Also, after watching the performance, I really wish they'd spend more time teaching this lineup how to harmonize with each other. It becomes really obvious they're not very good at it when they do the older songs that put more emphasis on it.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, they tend to just scream all over each other. I can think of so many ways they can be better, it just drives me crazy how the people coaching MM themselves don't get it!
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I feel bad for her as well, I used to adore her when her voice used to be quite pleasant. Maybe HP is sick of her and is trying to ruin her.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Here's the talk before the performance. 
-> <a href="http://youtu.be/V4bkvBJhhRA">Link</a>

Here is the talk before the show started.
-> <a href="http://youtu.be/f4_GruVKGvI">Link</a>

And for those who don't want to go looking for it.
-> <a href="http://youtu.be/rr73Gbk0iv0">The performance of Happy Summer Wedding/ Wagamama Joke Something Something</a>
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I've never liked Riho's voice and up until now I used to think she was one of the worst singers in current MoMusu and that when people said she was ill I thought that was just an excuse because she always seemed to be ill. Now I see that she's genuinely in a lot of pain and I hate that her management isn't doing anything about it >_<
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Please, they gave Riho that tryhard "OH LOOK AT HER VOICE" moment in her little youtube vignette, like they're going to stop trying to force the DIVA persona.

edit - God that performance was embarrassing thanks to Riho straining the shit out of her voice. She's not Takahashi, get your asses a new Takahashi for 13th gen if you want to write Takahashi lines. Dammit Tsunku, put in some effort in your songwriting!

The sound levels were really weird too. Like, ALL OF A SUDDEN RIHO VOICE REALLY LOUD and now the chorus lines with two girls are normal. ALL OF A SUDDEN SAKURA IS LOUD and now we're back to soft. And if they're the "dance formation" group or whatever that tagline shit is, get a new choreographer.

edit2- I did adore Ayumi's WAO line in HSW though. :) She's so cute!

Man I sound bitchy today. Must be PMS.
Last edited by Melon on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think the solo lines were live, but the group stuff was either lipsync or singing over a backtrack.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Those outfits are kind of bad, I love them.

Hopefully a recorded version is up, and hallelujah a song that isn't Renai Revolution or Love Machine! I've never cared for Happy Summer Wedding, but I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing them perform it just because it's not the others! :weeeh:

Edit: Should've refreshed the page before commenting. :hahaha: Yay for a recorded version. I can't wait to see it.
Last edited by showraniy on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

They need to fix riho's voice badly. They just make her be a takahashi replacement. And have her strain it like that. An they somehow think it sounds good. I just wish they'd let Riho be her own person. Her own ace instead if just a replacement for a past member who basically sing everyhing in the group.
Formerly Mizura
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Petit Melon"]
 And if they're the "dance formation" group or whatever that tagline shit is, get a new choreographer.

[/quote]

They can't get much more difficult in their dances since their thing is, formation dance, while singing live. I'd give them another year for some real magic to start happening. 

They need to get a few more of Riho's school buddies into the group (Or any other dance school for that matter) and they'll be golden as far as having someone to pawn off singing to.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Is that school she went to exclusively for dancing? I think Riho learned how to dance, but a lot of these other girls only have clips of them singing.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

No, it's for all performing arts
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Yup, Perfume studied there. And Riho herself was part of some dance thing they did there when Perfume visited the school after becoming famous. Pretty cool place. ^^

I wouldn't mind her shutting up and Sakura taking the lead though.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
Lol Masaki says she thinks she's KY, which means she can't read the atmosphere around her. Not usually a good term in Japan. But then she's like don't you think a KY idol is interesting?
[/quote]
Didn't Ikuta say that about herself too? 

I loved the little introduction video about the new MM "boom" but....wow, 6 years since their last MS performance.   Also, just to dredge up an old argument, Sayumi really can't leave until the group establishes itself more stably. I mean, on their first visit to MS, they *had* to have a classic MM song to remind people who they are and Sayumi was the only person people knew.  

Also, are they really unique for large group "formation" dances?  I guess they have become known for dancing?

It was also my first time really seeing Oda Sakura perform and she really is as good as they say. Riho is not that good but that's okay because she's still a good performer. She doesn't have a Takahashi voice but she doesn't even flinch while trying to kind of squeak that one out.  So, she gets away with it in my book.  Also, I didn't find her dominating whatsoever here...just that, she tended to stand out when she sang solo lines because her voice isn't so great :/

Finally, listening to the songs over and over, I think I like Ai no Gundan a lot more than Wagamama.  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="161180" data-time="1377261689">
<div>
[/quote]
Didn't Ikuta say that about herself too? 

I loved the little introduction video about the new MM "boom" but....wow, 6 years since their last MS performance.   Also, just to dredge up an old argument, Sayumi really can't leave until the group establishes itself more stably. I mean, on their first visit to MS, they *had* to have a classic MM song to remind people who they are and Sayumi was the only person people knew.  

Also, are they really unique for large group "formation" dances?  I guess they have become known for dancing?

It was also my first time really seeing Oda Sakura perform and she really is as good as they say. Riho is not that good but that's okay because she's still a good performer. She doesn't have a Takahashi voice but she doesn't even flinch while trying to kind of squeak that one out.  So, she gets away with it in my book.  Also, I didn't find her dominating whatsoever here...just that, she tended to stand out when she sang solo lines because her voice isn't so great :/

Finally, listening to the songs over and over, I think I like Ai no Gundan a lot more than Wagamama.  

</div>
</blockquote>

Eripon's KY thing came from the other girls saying it about her. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah they definitely have to re-brand the group now (which they are), before the last girl who anyone knows is gone.

I'm worried for Riho, honestly. If she's not singing right, she might get vocal nodes.
rikako♡eripon♡airi