The Official H!P Question Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

showraniy
ANGERME

Re: The Official H!P Question Thread

Post by showraniy »

That's what I thought/think, and I remember mentioning the black community absorbing its pejorative and making it "nigga" and stuff, but there doesn't seem to be anything supporting wota = wotaku. I think most people figure that's the case, but there's no literature or whatever tracing its usage to say whether or not it's true.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I think I remember starting it a few years ago, when I was also an adolescent  girl. I loved it then, but sadly crunchyroll had no more episodes. I'll have to try it again.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I can answer your first question: The unit that has Ayumi, Masaki, Akari & Erina is called Harvest. It's another Satoyama movement, in fact, one of the first, next to Peaberry, DIY and Green Fields.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

The Hinmatsura festival only had three shows (not a full tour) spanning just two days and one of them was to commemorate BK's ten year anniversary. Hence the focus on BK and the emotions from most of the girls.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Valerie"]
The Hinmatsura festival only had three shows (not a full tour) spanning just two days and one of them was to commemorate BK's ten year anniversary. Hence the focus on BK and the emotions from most of the girls.
[/quote]

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

Is there an easy way to pull up H!P/UFA stuff on iTunes? Like a cheat sheet or something? They're so weird about how they choose to romanize (or not romanize at all) that I can never find anything without doing 10 different searches. I've heard Wagamama/Ai no Gundan is up for pre-order but I don't see it under the Morning Musume section. People claim Jurin, Dialady, Mellowquad, and Hi-Fin are on there but I couldn't find them. Half the time I can't tell if stuff just isn't on there or if I'm not doing using the magic spelling of the day.  :unsure:
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Ugh, I understand your pain.  I have tried looking up Dialady like 15 different ways to no avail.  I usually try looking up in romaji first (since I swear 75% of what I have from iTunes is in romaji), then kanji.  If I fail at finding it that way by song I try by artist the same way...I'm successful most of the time.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Satoyama stuff is only available in Japan's iTunes Store. I usually put the Japanese in for the group in search and it brings me right to the artist page.

They also put links up on the videos and the websites, so I click on those too, but of course those are Japanese only.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Which photo book has Niigaki in a navy blue swimsuit?

Where can I find DVDs where Takahashi was a detective? I think a boy was her co-star.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="http://nakane.files.wordpress.com/2008/ ... ok.jpg">Do you mean this swimsuit?</a> It's from Happy Girl.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

Did JunJun, LinLin, or Aika ever get a proper solo photobook?
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Aika did.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, Aika's is just called "Aika" and it came out in 2011.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="161070" data-time="1377141828"><a href="http://nakane.files.wordpress.com/2008/ ... ok.jpg">Do you mean this swimsuit?</a> It's from Happy Girl.</blockquote>

It was a one piece swimsuit and she had her hair kinda in her face and was facing the camera directly.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="YuuakuRisa"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="161070" data-time="1377141828">
<a href="http://nakane.files.wordpress.com/2008/ ... ok.jpg">Do you mean this swimsuit?</a> It's from Happy Girl.
</blockquote>

It was a one piece swimsuit and she had her hair kinda in her face and was facing the camera directly.

[/quote]

I went and looked at her second and third photobooks, and didn't find a shot like that anywhere. If she's got black hair, then it's definitely her first one. Otherwise it's got to be from Happy Girl or Ascension.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I want to get a Morning Musume poster, but I'm not quite sure the best way to do it.  How might one obtain this magical piece of paper without going broke?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Depends what single poster you want. Try checking ebay.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

You can get some really good posters off of ebay, panda, if you can find them. It's where I got my Renai Hunter and purple Wakuteka ones at. Can't find a OTT one, though... (the only one on there at the moment is signed by Ikuta, but too expensive)

I have a curiosity. How do you all suppose they hire people to work at the H!P stores? Only H!P fans would really know about them in any detail, but they couldn't really hire the H!P fans, right? Interesting.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="MejraThea"]
You can get some really good posters off of ebay, panda, if you can find them. It's where I got my Renai Hunter and purple Wakuteka ones at. Can't find a OTT one, though... (the only one on there at the moment is signed by Ikuta, but too expensive)

I have a curiosity. How do you all suppose they hire people to work at the H!P stores? Only H!P fans would really know about them in any detail, but they couldn't really hire the H!P fans, right? Interesting.
[/quote]

I'm not replying to your question lol, but I just want to say I'm jealous of your good Wakuteka poster.

CD Japan stuck me with that hideous yellow one that's a direct ripoff of one of the limited editions.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="MejraThea"]
[/quote]

I doubt they screen people for being fans. There's no real benefit to working in an idol store, other than maybe you get lucky enough to be working when they hold one of those special events where the girls come to the store. Or maybe you get a discount on the items (I'm not sure if this is common in Japan like it is the US). As long as you can act professional and learn enough about the items to tell people what's where and how much it costs, I'm sure they hire anyone willing to make minimum wage operating a register.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="arcobaleno"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MejraThea" data-cid="161420" data-time="1377539546">
<div>

[/quote]

I'm not replying to your question lol, but I just want to say I'm jealous of your good Wakuteka poster.

CD Japan stuck me with that hideous yellow one that's a direct ripoff of one of the limited editions.

</div>
</blockquote>
Yeah, I have that hideous yellow one too, and when I get the new poster, it's the first one that's <a href="http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa58 ... pg">coming down</a>, lol.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Lucky~ you have so many good posters!

I only have the yellow one, but I've only bought One-Two-Three and Wakuteka (my mom didn't feel like shelling out $18 for Help me, same with Brainstorming.)

"Wait for an album" she tells me lol

Once I'm done with high school and I can start making money, I shall by my coveted One-Two-Three Single V poster if I can find it on eBay.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Good luck with finding it! I am being honest and almost ironic-sarcastic at the same time, lol.

Edit: I just remembered, I have 8 more, 5 with Roman My Dear Boy, and three with 3 diff albums(4th, 5th, 6th), but I can't bring myself to take them out of the box! What if I can never get them folded up the same again? D: Lol.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Sorry for double post, legitimate question here!

From the Michishige Eleven Soul concert, the members' scrunchies. I need a red one, anyone have any idea where to get one?
I assume they are no longer on the site, so.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Ooooh, I want one too. Is Idol!Swap like the only way to get goods like that?
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I think they might be, but I'm not sure how I go about asking for one. I only see people selling/trading, not requesting, so.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The crunchies sold out pretty quickly at the concert so if you ever see one again for sale expect it to go for a lot of money. Unless its used of course, but then that's gross.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh, they did? Hm. Didn't know that. 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Question: why hasn't Buono! been in a Hello! Project concert since 2010?

They performed two songs in the Hello! Project 2010 Winter Kachou Fuugetsu ~ShuffleDate~concert, but not in the other Winter 2010 concert.

And they did one song in the H!P Summer 2010 Fankora concert, but it's included only as an extra on the DVD. There are no songs by them in the concert proper.

Nothing since then.

Anyone?
Last edited by Madara on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They are busy with their respective groups and life? Airi spent most of this year focusing on finishing school and getting into college. Not sure how cramped she'll be now, but I think that could have killed her if she added Buono activities on top of what she was doing with C-ute and H!P in general.

Buono are still active though, they did a song at the Satoumi event. Which you can watch <a href="http://youtu.be/Fr2gBfePzVE?t=47m18s">here.</a>

I suspect they'll be putting something out at the end of this year or early next. Fingers crossed!