Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by momoirosaya »

I don't watch all the concerts all the time (though I did see that one), I feel like there's more people here that don't than do.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I have a stack of about 20 unwatched concert blu-rays sitting next to my TV...
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I believe it hadn't be posted :

<a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAwNDM1M ... ">Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke close-up version</a>
<a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAwNDM1MjIw.html">Ai no Gundan close up version</a>

Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d01C2IBYT2Q">Mizuki video.</a>

Also,<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDxi7P3o4ws"> I don't think anyone ever posted Haruka's.</a>
<p class="bbc_center">Image
hoshi
Kenshuusei

Post by hoshi »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAwNDM1M ... ">Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke close-up version</a>
<a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAwNDM1MjIw.html">Ai no Gundan close up version</a>

[/quote]

Maybe it's because I'm a big Kanon supporter and have been since the 9th gen auditions, but watching these, I can't help but get the sense that someone has something against Kanon. Every other girl gets a close up in the first 27 seconds of Wagamama except her. She doesn't even show up until 56 seconds into the video. She doesn't even show up again until 1:49 in a brief blink-and-you'll-miss it cut. If I'm counting correctly, she only appears in the music video 9 times. I'm not obsessive enough to count everyone, but it definitely seems imbalanced.

Ai no Gundan's a bit more equitable with the screen time, but the line she does with Masaki and Ayumi about 1 minute into the song is never acknowledged with a close up in either the main version of the music video or the close up version. If it weren't for them raising their hands when they sing in the dance shot, no one would even know that she sang there. :confused:

It makes me wonder if she spit in someone's soup or something. Even the other back-up girls aren't shafted as badly as Kanon is.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="hoshi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="161451" data-time="1377554419">
<div>

[/quote]

Maybe it's because I'm a big Kanon supporter and have been since the 9th gen auditions, but watching these, I can't help but get the sense that someone has something against Kanon. Every other girl gets a close up in the first 27 seconds of Wagamama except her. She doesn't even show up until 56 seconds into the video. She doesn't even show up again until 1:49 in a brief blink-and-you'll-miss it cut. If I'm counting correctly, she only appears in the music video 9 times. I'm not obsessive enough to count everyone, but it definitely seems imbalanced.

Ai no Gundan's a bit more equitable with the screen time, but the line she does with Masaki and Ayumi about 1 minute into the song is never acknowledged with a close up in either the main version of the music video or the close up version. If it weren't for them raising their hands when they sing in the dance shot, no one would even know that she sang there. :confused:

It makes me wonder if she spit in someone's soup or something. Even the other back-up girls aren't shafted as badly as Kanon is.

</div>
</blockquote>

Unfortunately, I think the thing with Kanon is that they think since she's still not stick-skinny (like Haruna), they still call her "ugly" so they shaft her to the back. Her confidence is greatly coming back, though, and even the 2ch wota that watched the Music Station performance said that she looks thinner, so maybe next single she'll have more camera time.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

If the comments on 2ch are anything to go by, her overweightness really does equate to ugliness to them. Just like SNSD tries to ignore Hyoyeon other than for her obligatory dance break, UFP tries to ignore Kanon by keeping her as invisible as possible.

My best guess is that they want the group's weakest link in terms of popularity damn near unnoticeable, or they're just afraid MM could gain an unpleasant reputation by people determined to find her fat and unattractive. Either way, I'm convinced it has to do with her weight.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Popularity-wise she's not the weakest link. Haruna has the smallest fanbase out of all the girls. She's just more useful than a lot of other members promotion-wise since she's out of school and has an open schedule.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Who's Kanon's fanbase though? I know she's huge in the west (at least that's what it feels like), but is her Japanese fanbase sizable?
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

This board is pretty much the sole bastion of her fanbase.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
This board is pretty much the sole bastion of her fanbase.
[/quote]

Instagram loves Kanon.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="161516" data-time="1377623549">
Who's Kanon's fanbase though? I know she's huge in the west (at least that's what it feels like), but is her Japanese fanbase sizable?</blockquote>

I don't really know numbers but places like 2ch aren't just completely devoid of Kanon fans. I think they just keep to themselves because the people who don't like her are vocal about it.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Am I the only one on this board that doesn't really care for Kanon?

I always say I like everyone, but with Kanon I've never been interested in her since the beginning.

Just curious because I feel like everyone else is head overs heels for her.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm pretty sure Al isn't a fan either.  Or AEUG.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
I'm pretty sure Al isn't a fan either.
[/quote]

Yeah he makes it a little obvious with every dig he throws at her or those of us who like her.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I don't hate her, I just think she hasn't brought anything to the group since she stopped being "the funny one."
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

To most of us she still is the funny one.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
I'm pretty sure Al isn't a fan either.  Or AEUG.
[/quote]

Are you telling me there's someone in the current lineup AUEG actually likes?

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Well no. I just mean he made a specific status about not liking Zukki on fb so I'm guessing he especially doesn't like her.
Kaori • Risako 

neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

AEUG really isn't around these parts much these days, so maybe it's polite to not talk for him or his opinions? Just doesn't seem right...
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS8NPVaHmQo">Ayumi</a>

Please cut the bullshit.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Saya"]
Am I the only one on this board that doesn't really care for Kanon?

I always say I like everyone, but with Kanon I've never been interested in her since the beginning.

Just curious because I feel like everyone else is head overs heels for her.
[/quote]

These are my exact thoughts. She's got a very vocal fanbase on this board in particular, so it might seem like everyone likes her, but I'm sure she's like any other member with people who like, dislike, and are "meh" either way.

[quote="aine"]
Please cut the bullshit.
[/quote]

Us or about Ayumi?
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="161542" data-time="1377643613"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="161541" data-time="1377642255">Please cut the bullshit.</blockquote> 
Us or about Ayumi?</blockquote>
Just whatever bullshit it is that makes good members leave. I'm in a bad mood right now and don't feel like analysing.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I like how Ayumi's video says she went from thinking "we definitely can't win" to "I don't want to lose." I wonder if all of them had a moment like that.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

He still pops in from time to time and I was just trying to let Saya know she isn't alone. I wasn't trying to do anything to offend anyone.
Kaori • Risako 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Everyone has their favorites and their least favorites. Eripon and Masaki are my least favorites because I'm not a fan of their type of characters, doesn't mean I hate them, they just aren't at the top of my list. 

I have a feeling Zukki will do well as a tv personality once she's older and no longer burdened with school. She always seems to take the initiative when it's given to her and speaks rather well compared to some of the other girls. But that might just be my bias showing. :x

Anyway~ have some back on topic, topic.

Morning Musume on Amazon.jp - <a href="http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/feature.html ... ">Video</a>

They are selling the singles there now in mp3 format. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to start anything here!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Nicky
つばきファクトリー

Post by Nicky »

First day sales are in:

Number 1 daily with 96075 copies sold!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Woot! Highest selling single of the year for them. All the hard work paid off on this one. Lets hope it stays up there. ;)
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Wow, so 100K is basically a guarantee this week. I tell you what, I've got some crow to eat. When I thought the lead single was Gundan, I never would have thought they could pull off a hat trick, but Wagamama seems to have made a real impression. Music Station must have done wonders for them. A big show like that saying there's suddenly a MM boom should have intrigued a lot of mainstreamers. If only we had better data on digital sales...