Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by Elpis »

^It sounds like Oricon needs to do a better job counting single sales count (It must be hard to count all that).
Last edited by Elpis on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^They do it because groups could fake sales numbers so they 3rd it to make it more fair (I think)
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I usually don't care about sales figures, but I'm really happy they had a boost in sales. I guess the Music Station appearance did them good. :)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Saya"]
^They do it because groups could fake sales numbers so they 3rd it to make it more fair (I think)
[/quote]

It could also be to prevent fans who buy bulk buy from skewing numbers too much.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="161714" data-time="1377802470">
^They do it because groups could fake sales numbers so they 3rd it to make it more fair (I think)</blockquote>

I thought it had something to do with the AKB48 poster thing, where they had like 52 posters to collect if you bought it at their theatre and other similar practices along those lines by other artists. (the AKB48 thing is what triggered the count change but I think other groups doing similar things before that caused them to consider it)
Last edited by kira on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They did something like that once. Collect all the posters and you get a chance to win tickets to their concert. That concert got cancelled though because that's not allowed. Oricon changed the rules a year and half after that happened, though.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="hoshi" data-cid="161483" data-time="1377581105">hoshi, on 27 Aug 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:hoshi, on 27 Aug 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:hoshi, on 27 Aug 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="161451" data-time="1377554419">Meikochi, on 26 Aug 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:Meikochi, on 26 Aug 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:Meikochi, on 26 Aug 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:
<div>
I believe it hadn't be posted :

<a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAwNDM1M ... ">Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke close-up version</a>
<a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAwNDM1MjIw.html">Ai no Gundan close up version</a>

</div>
</blockquote>

Maybe it's because I'm a big Kanon supporter and have been since the 9th gen auditions, but watching these, I can't help but get the sense that someone has something against Kanon. Every other girl gets a close up in the first 27 seconds of Wagamama except her. She doesn't even show up until 56 seconds into the video. She doesn't even show up again until 1:49 in a brief blink-and-you'll-miss it cut. If I'm counting correctly, she only appears in the music video 9 times. I'm not obsessive enough to count everyone, but it definitely seems imbalanced.

Ai no Gundan's a bit more equitable with the screen time, but the line she does with Masaki and Ayumi about 1 minute into the song is never acknowledged with a close up in either the main version of the music video or the close up version. If it weren't for them raising their hands when they sing in the dance shot, no one would even know that she sang there. :confused:

It makes me wonder if she spit in someone's soup or something. Even the other back-up girls aren't shafted as badly as Kanon is.

</div>
</blockquote>
If she hasn't I hope she does.

I think it's nice to have a healthy looking idol in the industry instead of the stick figures we usually get. I'd just ingnore the 2ch comments and spam instagram with Zukii pics :lol:

Nono and Aibon weren't exactly the thinnest members in MoMusu history and I don't remember seeing any negative comments about their weight.

EDIT: They dropped down to #4 today.
*1 8,169 氷川

*2 6,027 AKB48

*3 4,382 B1A4

4 モーニング娘。

5 SHINee

Am I the only one who thinks that AKB fans are deliberately trying to spoil MoMusu's moment?

Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]

Am I the only one who thinks that AKB fans are deliberately trying to spoil MoMusu's moment?

[/quote]

Nope.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

[quote="Anderei"]
They did something like that once. Collect all the posters and you get a chance to win tickets to their concert. That concert got cancelled though because that's not allowed. Oricon changed the rules a year and half after that happened, though.
[/quote]
Oh okay. I couldn't remember when the Oricon change happened, but I thought practices similar to that were why it did happen. (ie. events-only/collectors edition versions only sold at concerts)
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Apparently some stores have re-stocked and all CD's that are bought today will count towards tomorrows daily ranking :)
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

I don't think AKB fans are trying to spoil anything.
The 2nd week sales for their previous five singles are 108,906 // 50,403 // 56,216 // 45,177 // 53,860... so I guess they'll week will be something like that. 

MM, on their 3rd day sold around 4k with Brainstorming and 5k with Help me!, so... :/

Still, they'll probably get the 1st spot for the week. They went way ahead on the first day.

Last edited by Trinu on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

lmao, AKB fans "spoiling"

AKB is so far ahead of MM in popularity this is hilarious!!
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Far ahead in insane fans, you mean.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

AKB have never gotten number one in their second week. I doubt fans are going to start caring now just because Morning Musume is managing to hit 100k.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I'm sure it's just because stores needed to restock. I'm sure they weren't expecting them to sell so much.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

See, that's insane. That's some fucking shenanigans right there. How the hell do you sell a million one week and then drop off by 99% the next? That is not how buying trends work!
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I'm sure AKB has its share of wota, but let's be real and say they have a lot of fans too that probably buy day one JUST LIKE WE DID WITH MM'S NEW SINGLE.

Come on son, you guys are making me seem like AEUG here!

edit- Their newfound popularity is making me happy because this is a solid lineup. I hope this means we get more media and shows/appearances with shenanigans from the girls! I wish they would've had this momentum during the platinum era too, but that was AKB's zenith so it can't be helped.
Last edited by Melon on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

AKB has tons more casual fans than MM.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]
Nono and Aibon weren't exactly the thinnest members in MoMusu history and I don't remember seeing any negative comments about their weight.
[/quote]

Nozomi did get some attention, IIRC.  Hitomi and Nacchi got a LOT of comments during their fat phases.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Can we stop turning everything into and AKB vs HP fight? Jesus. It's ridiculous that this happens every single time.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="161749" data-time="1377857645">
<div>
[/quote]

Nozomi did get some attention, IIRC.  Hitomi and Nacchi got a LOT of comments during their fat phases.

</div>
</blockquote>

I seem to remember the nickname Fatchi and a hot dog being photoshopped over Yossi's mic... 

[quote="Molly"]
Can we stop turning everything into and AKB vs HP fight? Jesus. It's ridiculous that this happens every single time.
[/quote]

Seriously. Majorly old hat. Let's fight about something new, AKB vs H!P and Old MM vs New MM are the most boring overdone arguments ever.

I noticed in some of the 2ch comments that someone was gunning for Kouhaku. If this single goes #1, which it's pretty much guaranteed to, I'd be really surprised if they didn't get an invite. Not that the Kouhaku selection process is all that logical, but it's pretty damn hard to ignore 3 #1 singles in a row.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well they DID manage to not invite KARA and SNSD the year they both managed to push 700k+ of full albums.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I really hate how they don't just sing the whole thing live.  They can do it in a concert when they have several other songs to sing before and after it but they can't sing it live when it's the only thing they have to sing?  Also Riho sounds like shes feeling better.  Was her line at the end all her or did she get help?

Repost for new page from Anderei's comment - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhMPhFMcTGo">Music Dragon Performance </a>
Last edited by Mugi on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Made by Haru!
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Yes, Riho is sounding a lot better. Might've just been tired from all the concerts. Or are they still going?
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Last concert day is tomorrow.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="hoshi" data-cid="161483" data-time="1377581105">
<div>
Kanon
[/quote]

I think it's nice to have a healthy looking idol in the industry instead of the stick figures we usually get.
</div>
</blockquote>

I'm so so sorry to make this comment, that may (or may not) turn into a cluster fuck but

er, Kanon is NOT a healthy looking 15 year old by Asian standards.  She has lost some weight but, over all, she is a little chubby and chubby = unhealthy in most places in the world that aren't America.   Everyone in Morning Musume is average-to-slim by Japanese standards except maybe Haruna, who is plain old thin, and maybe Kudo (who mostly just looks like a kid).  If you asked an Asian person who looked healthy, they'd point to most of Morning Musume and say Kanon is overweight. 

By American standards Kanon just looks average because Americans have a wide range of body types, made worse by an obesity epidemic, and an attitude that you should not criticize young girls on their looks.  I'm not saying it is right to pick on Kanon for being a little heavier than the other girls and I think it is REALLY WONDERFUL that non-Japanese fans aren't hung up on that.  But to say that Kanon is healthy looking and everyone else is not is kind of ridiculous.

MOVING ON, SO SORRY.
<div>

</div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

<div>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... TGo">Music Dragon performance</a>
<div> </div>
</div>

</blockquote>

Riho sounds so much better here than the MS performance! 
Last edited by eri on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I wonder if Riho isn't warming up her vocals enough before the performances.  Does she sound like that near the end of their recent concerts?  Hiro from SPEED has been the same way since their reunion where she needs to get 10 minutes or so into their set to sound normal--probably a consequence of upping her pitch all those years ago.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's the other way around in concerts. She starts out alright but falls apart pretty quickly.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm glad you said that, eri. I was starting to feel seriously blind. Or crazy.

I also think the live performances just have heavy backtrack. At least in this one, the girls are singing during the chorus; the backtrack is just as powerful or more powerful.