Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Melon
ANGERME

Re: Ai no Morning Musume's 54th Single Thread!

Post by Melon »

Let's add "Kanon is fat" to the list of tired arguments the BBS has every single xD
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Kanon is definitely not at the ~obesity epidemic oh god your weight is a danger to your health~ point, though? She even has a flat stomach and little to no double chin. Yeah, she's thick, but mostly she seems fleshy. Rolls have yet to be spotted.  You can weigh a little over the recommended weight for your height without being in actual danger of health problems, especially when you take in someone's frame. Someone with a wide ribcage and wide shoulders like Kanon would look sickly at the weight of say, someone with Reina's itty bitty shoulders. I'm not saying she couldn't stand to lose a few pounds, yeah, she could drop a few - but I feel like saying one is concerned for her health is concern-trolling at this point. Not to mention that size isn't really an indicator of health except for in extreme cases (i.e. someone who weighs 70-80 lbs or someone who weighs 300). Some people who are anywhere from 5-15 lbs overweight can be in much better shape than someone in the perfect weight range for their height. So much of it is a matter of genetics/life-style. There are people out there who can eat absolute junk all day every day and not gain a pound (as shown by my friend who will REGULARLY down a 2 litre mountain dew and an entire BOX of Little Debbies in one sitting, yet stay tiny), but they sure as hell aren't healthy. 

Everyone in Momusu looks healthy to me (with the exception of Haruna some days, although I think she's one of those people with a monster metabolism who will probably always stay a little underweight, so it's probably natural and healthy for her) - Kanon included. 
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="showraniy"]
I'm glad you said that, eri.
[/quote]
Same.

On another note, my single arrived in the mail today woo!
The poster is amazing!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
bowbow0720
Kenshuusei

Post by bowbow0720 »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="161749" data-time="1377857645">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="hoshi" data-cid="161483" data-time="1377581105">
<div>
Kanon
[/quote]

I think it's nice to have a healthy looking idol in the industry instead of the stick figures we usually get.
</div>
</blockquote>

I'm so so sorry to make this comment, that may (or may not) turn into a cluster fuck but

er, Kanon is NOT a healthy looking 15 year old by Asian standards.  She has lost some weight but, over all, she is a little chubby and chubby = unhealthy in most places in the world that aren't America.   Everyone in Morning Musume is average-to-slim by Japanese standards except maybe Haruna, who is plain old thin, and maybe Kudo (who mostly just looks like a kid).  If you asked an Asian person who looked healthy, they'd point to most of Morning Musume and say Kanon is overweight. 

By American standards Kanon just looks average because Americans have a wide range of body types, made worse by an obesity epidemic, and an attitude that you should not criticize young girls on their looks.  I'm not saying it is right to pick on Kanon for being a little heavier than the other girls and I think it is REALLY WONDERFUL that non-Japanese fans aren't hung up on that.  But to say that Kanon is healthy looking and everyone else is not is kind of ridiculous.

MOVING ON, SO SORRY.
<div>

</div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

<div>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... TGo">Music Dragon performance</a>
<div> </div>
</div>

</blockquote>

Riho sounds so much better here than the MS performance! 

</div>
</blockquote>

I know we should move on from talking about Kanon's weight but I kinda wanna jump in a little here.
Asians don't really care about looking healthy or not, all they care about is looking skinny, skinny and skinny. They wouldn't say overweight is bad for your health, instead they like to link "ugly" to "fat" (way more extreme than US).
I am 5'2'' and weight about 118 pounds and every time I go back to my hometown for vacation, instead of asking how I am doing in life, my relatives and friends would focus on commenting whether I look fat or not this year. I really think Asians need to stop being so freaking obsessed with weight. 
I am a nobody and when people comment about my weight it makes me feel angry and sad because if I choose to die from eating too much donuts, it is still my own business. 
 I cannot imagine how stressful it is for Kanon being a public figure and a teenager. 
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

can we please shut up about kanon's weight because in the long run it's not anybody's business but her's
Last edited by Haru on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Kanon is going through puberty.

It hits people differently and she has a larger chest ( it's more than just " she's overweight" boob) which will always make you look bigger than smaller chested girls.

I guarantee with all her cardio from practice and concerts, she'll do a shitton better in a fitness test than other "overweight" girls and other girls you'd name " healthier" because they weigh ten pounds less.

For the final time, the better indicator of health is not numerical weight, it's fat percentage and muscle mass. Yes, that means Eripon is the healthiest in the group right now.
Last edited by Melon on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Can we talk about the b-sides and the ranking and less about body issues? Please, thank you!!!!
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Right! Let's go to the OG spam thread and talk about Mari!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Let's talk about the b-sides. How is it that Funwari has three of my favorite members on it, and I still think it's terrible?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Anderei"]
Let's talk about the b-sides. How is it that Funwari has three of my favorite members on it, and I still think it's terrible?
[/quote]

Because it's crappily made and oh so goddamn boring. I really was hoping for it to sound good because it's also got some of my favorite members but nope.

At least Bouya more than makes up for it.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I haven't heard ANY of the B-sides yet.   

For any other lazy person, here are the links:

Makeru Kishinai Kon'ya no Shoubu:  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP6JQikv ... QikvJwQ</a>

Bouya: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvFPXJNz ... XJNz82U</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvFPXJNz82U">Funwari Koibito Ichinensei:  </a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4fpmbUg ... mbUgWYg</a>

Last edited by eri on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm still very partial to Makeru, but I actually like Bouya and Funwari now. Probably in order of Makeru > Funwari > Bouya. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Wagamama = Gundan > Makeru > Bouya > Funwari

rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="arcobaleno"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="161820" data-time="1377907145">
<div>
[/quote]

Because it's crappily made and oh so goddamn boring. I really was hoping for it to sound good because it's also got some of my favorite members but nope.
</div>
</blockquote>

Nah, it's a good song, although I guess I can understand how others wouldn't like it. It's very reminiscent of early 2000's H!P and EE Jump. Seriously, replace Tsunku's grunts and "yeahs" with a few "come on!" and "EE Jump!" and it would fit seamlessly in their catalog. Of all of the B-sides, "Funwari" sounds most like a proper B-side. The other two feel more like really strong album tracks to me. I really like the sparse production and the melody a lot.

Edit: and since we're doing this; Bouya > Gundan > Wagamama  > Makeru > Funwari

As always, subject to change upon further listening. This is a fucking great release, though, regardless of how you rank them. I never imagined I'd be this into a new Morning Musume single ever again.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrene
モーニング娘。

Post by Cyrene »

I can finally do a ranking of all the songs because I love this single so much! I'm surprised how much Morning Musume has changed since Reina left, it's so shiny and new and great!

Wagamama > Ai no Gundan > Makeru = Bouya > Funwari 

|Avatar made by 少女Q . It's really freaking old.| <a href="http://idollife.tumblr.com">My Tumblr</a>
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Well, since everyone else is doin' it:

Ai no Gundan > Wagamama = Makeru > Bouya > Funwari
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Gundan > Makeru > Bouya > Wagamama = Funwari
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Wagamama>Bouya>Gundan>Makeru>Funwari

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

WHAT THE F***!!!!!

THEY SOLD 24,324 TODAY!

WHAT THE WHAT WHAT WHAT!?!?!?!

/me is in shock right now

GO GIRLS! KOI NO VICTORY......V!
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

I feel like I've said this in another topic when they released a single, but I am SOOOOOO happy for these girls and how their sales have been!  That's amazing that they're doing so well and I hope they continue to grow in popularity.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I only like funwari, is my bias showing yet?
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Wow, MM is taking control of the charts here!

I'm really happy for them. This single completely rocks (even Funwari isn't that bad compared to other b-sides), and it deserves every sale.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Petit Melon"]

/me is in shock right now

GO GIRLS! KOI NO VICTORY......V!
[/quote]

I think it has to do with this:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="161756" data-time="1377863939">Apparently some stores have re-stocked and all CD's that are bought today will count towards tomorrows daily ranking :)</blockquote>

Even with that, though, it's a hell of a showing for a group that was pretty much dead just a couple of years ago. The Sayumi Era is looking good so far.

Speaking of which, I wonder if their electro-inspired sound was a conscious decision to allow for Sayumi to be up front as much as possible? It makes the use of heavy processing on her voice seem less out of place than it might in straight pop arrangements. I further wonder if boxing themselves into a defined "sound" has forced Tsunku out of him comfort zone to the point of inspiring him to write some of his best material since the Golden Era.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Funwari took me a couple of listens but it's definately grown on me.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Bouya is officially my favorite b-side. That may be the five hour car ride talking though. But anyway, yeah its my favorite.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

Hmmm for me, it's
Wagamama > Ai no Gundan > Bouya > Makeru > Funwari
I was a little disappointed by the caliber of the rapping in Funwari.  :|
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Guys, they got their <a href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/2028249/">third</a> weekly number one in a row! 
Kaori • Risako 

Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Wow, first week sales of 144,000?  That's freaking amazing.  I know sales usually plummet the second week, but I wonder just how much this single will sell overall.  Maybe 160k? 
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

And it's their first time getting three number ones in the same year.  This is so exciting!
Kaori • Risako 

Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
Guys, they got their <a href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/2028249/">third</a> weekly number one in a row! 
[/quote]
:danceman: This makes me happy.  They so deserve it.  LOOK WHAT THEY CAN DO WITHOUT REINA IT'S AMAZING.
last.fm | twitter | tumblr