The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Mukuro
ANGERME

Re: The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

Post by Mukuro »

I think they're cute! I prefer the first one.
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

I don't mind the covers.  Although, I constantly find myself subconsciously playing "Where's Kanon?" in covers, PVs, lives and such.  One day I'd like to see her like "BOOYAH BITCHES HERE I AM!!"
<p class="bbc_center">Image
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Although I don't like the white glares, I do like the bottom one (Limt. Ed.?) better, because it's easier to see all their faces.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

The covers are so low quality, it's hard to tell where the compression ends and their screwy looking faces begin.
The type is also really cheap looking. You can tell they elongated the B to do anything with the type. The E's are awful too. And I don't like how the "Morning Musume" is so far away from the title by itself.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IQo">Radio rip of updated RR21.</a>

... I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL?? :confused:  I mean, it was probably a given they'd rearrange the instrumentation somehow but this just feels ... weird. Not bad, not good, just weird.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Well I would be dissapointed if it were all karaoke tracks so yeah it was a given they would update the instrumentals and make them more updated.

I'm hearing too much Riho for my liking but at least I also heard a lot of Haruka in the oh baby parts.

It's not bad overall, I wonder if the OGs will be stuck with the old arrangements and the new musume will never use them again?
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

No.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

There's certain segments I adore and parts that just kill me. The verses are good, the chou-chou-chou parts are godly, but the choruses and post-chorus wows are too pop-y. I think it's the strings; they're too Nanchatte Renai, which on it's own is great, but just doesn't jive with the electronic sound. It's a good remake and I can probably live with it, but I just hope the rest isn't so over-thought.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I almost added this album to my recent CDJ order. After hearing this I'm rather glad I didn't. :pouty:

I didn't even pay attention to who sings which lines (I never do anyway, I don't get how some of you people can be so petty about it), but the arrangement is all CHECK OUT MY BASS AND DYNAMIC COMPRESSION. They just killed all the freshness and charm of the song. Eff that. 10 years they called it "H!P Remixes", now it's "Updated Versions". Both equally skippable.
Last edited by aine on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
No.
[/quote]

^

Secondly, this new arrangement is crap. I'm not one to really bitch about lines unless only Riho gets them all, but the arrangement sucks, sucks, sucks.

Like aine said, they've killed the original feeling of the song. To me, now it just sounds like recycled garbage.

H!P has tried in the past to do remixes of songs and I think every time they did, they always came off worse.

This is no exception.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't know if it's possible to make RR21 sound fresh without trying too hard. The song's very essence just screams 2000.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="arcobaleno"]

H!P has tried in the past to do remixes of songs and I think every time they did, they always came off worse.

This is no exception.

[/quote]

The remix of "Do It Now!" on Pucchi Best 3" is amazing -- arguably better than the original. Then again, that remix is contemporaneous to the original, so it doesn't sound out of time..
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The worst remake is that Morning Coffee on the Dream Morning Musume album. Shit was terrible.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Holy shit to think that a Do It! Now remix was on Pucchi Best 3 is freaking me out...
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I like it!

I would actually say it's a little too bland and boring in some parts and relies waaay too heavily on its electronic sound to make it interesting, but there are some definite winners in the melody at some points. nesh probably pointed them out better than I'd know how.

It's kind of sad because there are some outstanding parts but they're sandwiched between really boring parts, so it makes the whole thing hard to appreciate. Oh and if Riho's leading, I can't tell because she sounds really good here! And was that Haruka in the background vocals?! I couldn't figure out who it was but damn she sounds good. :( Why won't Tsunku appreciate her more? I loved the sound of her voice here.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
No.
[/quote]

Yeah you're probably right, NEW AGE MUSUME FOR ALL!

Screw you old school!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I think they shouldn't have changed the instrumental, but other than that I like it. I have to buy it, now...
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

[quote="showraniy"]
I like it!

I would actually say it's a little too bland and boring in some parts and relies waaay too heavily on its electronic sound to make it interesting, but there are some definite winners in the melody at some points. nesh probably pointed them out better than I'd know how.

It's kind of sad because there are some outstanding parts but they're sandwiched between really boring parts, so it makes the whole thing hard to appreciate. Oh and if Riho's leading, I can't tell because she sounds really good here! And was that Haruka in the background vocals?! I couldn't figure out who it was but damn she sounds good. :( Why won't Tsunku appreciate her more? I loved the sound of her voice here.
[/quote]

I agree with this.  I like the remake too, not more than the original by any means, but it's like some parts are bland and others are like IN YOUR FACE BLEEEP DEEP ELECTRONIC WOOSA DOOT DOOT.
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I liked it.

:)
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

There was so much Sayu from what I could tell. :confused: I don't know how I feel about it.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Mukuro"]
There was so much Sayu from what I could tell. :confused: I don't know how I feel about it.
[/quote]
All I hear is Riho and Sayu  :confused:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

If you listen to it with headphones, you can hear the other girls more clearly. I noticed when I listened to it again that I couldn't make out the girls singing.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I really don't like the covers at all and not just because they're pink :P The font and background are both off putting, the girls look awkward and for crying out loud why is that light covering Zukki's face?! :dammit:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTT7tQtCAAE ... large">DVD contents:</a>
-Wagawama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke (Dance Shot Ver. II)

-Ai no Joke (Dance Shot Ver. II)

-Album Special Interview and Making of

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Do people really think the girls look awkward on that first cover? Because I don't think they do. In fact, it's one of the most natural feeling photos of this group of girls I've ever seen. It's fantastic, honestly. The second one, yeah, awkward as fuck, but not at all in the first one.

I quite like the typeface, as well. Even the extended "B" works just fine for me.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="JPope"]
Do people really think the girls look awkward on that first cover? Because I don't think they do. In fact, it's one of the most natural feeling photos of this group of girls I've ever seen. It's fantastic, honestly. The second one, yeah, awkward as fuck, but not at all in the first one.

I quite like the typeface, as well. Even the extended "B" works just fine for me.
[/quote]

In what is surely the first time, I agree completely.
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

I'm loving it!

I'll agree with some of you that the electronic thing they're doing is a little heavy handed. I personally thought the strings were too reminiscent of "Ai no Gundan" at points. 

Some of you need to realize something, though: songs like RR21 and Love Machine have been DONE TO DEATH at this point. Sure it would be kind of cool to hear professional recordings with new voices, but if you want the "classic sound" you can pretty much watch just about every live performance the group has done since the original singles were released. Almost every possible combination of girls has sung all of these classics at some point, right?

Love it or hate it, ya'll know this needed to happen. These are meant to be "updated" songs, not "improved" - so I'm not sure what everyone was expecting.  :doh:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

RE: covers. I've mentioned it before but MM have a really bad habit of not having cohesive facial expressions. It's like some of them decided to be serene, others wanted to be happy, and then a few decided to smoulder to the camera.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't see that as a problem for an idol group that pushes varying personalities as part of the package, and especially for a compilation type album.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="JPope"]
I don't see that as a problem for an idol group that pushes varying personalities as part of the package, and especially for a compilation type album.
[/quote]
Tsunku even encouraged it.