Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by suishouyuki »

Hmm... By the dictionary its "auntie" or "older woman", so...
Abe may also be referring to her that way affectionately because she took care of her when she was a teenager?
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Website | deviantART | Tumblr

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

[quote="Neminia"]

^ need help? I know how tiring it can be to catch up with so many blogs (and how annoying homework for the weekend is >.>)  ^_^

[/quote]
Yes! Could you help prep for Kanon? I can keep up with the others, but Kanon is an emoticon lover. =.=

Thanks for offering~

(Yep at least it's a three day weekend, I have an extra day to work on it!)
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

Sure, no problem!  :wink:
<a href="http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/entr ... l">This</a> was the last post you prepped, right? 

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Hi Neminia!  If you are going to cover Sayuki's posts for star then please just start prepping from today on.  I'm giving myself a clean slate from today so I can keep up.

Xepher, if you're still around, that goes for Sakura as well.

Would anyone mind if I just deleted all the backlogged drafts as of today?  I have thought about continuing to go back and translate old posts that got skipped in any extra free time, but I know a lot of people would rather just read current entries and if I did that it might get confusing, so to clean up the drafts a bit I figured I'd just purge all the old ones.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

Hey yuzuriha! I already prepped Sayuki's entries from the past week. I also prepped the one for today, so you can delete them except the most current one.
Miss Moonlight
モーニング娘。

Post by Miss Moonlight »

Hi guys! I've been approved to start translating something. I took a look at the workflow spreadsheet and I noticed that rokun is translating A LOT, and also that several of the OG blogs have stagnated. What would be top priority/most helpful? I'm still a rather slow translator so I don't think I can promise more than one entry a day (and someone like Airi who writes frequent novels would be difficult for me), but I work from home so when things are slow for me I could also step in to help someone who is busy.

Any ideas who I should take?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Thanks Neminia!  I would normally just try and catch up on the week but I am going to be crazy busy this week so I will just start from today's.
Kaori • Risako 

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Miss Moonlight"]
Hi guys! I've been approved to start translating something. I took a look at the workflow spreadsheet and I noticed that rokun is translating A LOT, and also that several of the OG blogs have stagnated. What would be top priority/most helpful? I'm still a rather slow translator so I don't think I can promise more than one entry a day (and someone like Airi who writes frequent novels would be difficult for me), but I work from home so when things are slow for me I could also step in to help someone who is busy.

Any ideas who I should take?
[/quote]

Maybe Reina, but she posts three times a day x) But if you want, I can select the one which seems the most interesting (I can understand japanese a bit and most of her posts aren't so long and difficult, I believe) [I'm her prepper].

Otherwise, I read that Saya, rob, kurikaesu , cLoverHoney and aisasami have disappeared so I think (to be confirmed by NekoKai, Aine or Strawberryjam) you can take who you want in "their" girls. ^^
Campy <3 !
Miss Moonlight
モーニング娘。

Post by Miss Moonlight »

If Saya is gone, should I take Ikuta so at least all of current MM is covered?
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Miss Moonlight"]
If Saya is gone, should I take Ikuta so at least all of current MM is covered?
[/quote]

kurikaesu cover four of current MM and (s)he is away too

Campy <3 !
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
Would anyone mind if I just deleted all the backlogged drafts as of today?  I have thought about continuing to go back and translate old posts that got skipped in any extra free time, but I know a lot of people would rather just read current entries and if I did that it might get confusing, so to clean up the drafts a bit I figured I'd just purge all the old ones.
[/quote]

You can delete any of the drafts for your girls that you don't plan/want to translate.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

OK, that's what I'm going to do.  Just start with a clean slate.  I really screwed myself trying to do Sayuki from the beginning when I took her on a month late, so I think this is really the best way.  I think i already covered any major entries.
Kaori • Risako 

xepher416
Kenshuusei

Post by xepher416 »

Hmmm.. I cant seem to copy pictures straight from firefox anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Tundra Wind
Kenshuusei

Post by Tundra Wind »

^ Nope, I ran into the same problem. Firefox took away the option to turn off Javascript through our browser preferences so I've just been working around it. 

Instead of trying to right-click on the pictures, you can try this: 

1. Right-click a blank space anywhere on the page and select "View Page Source." 
2. Press Ctrl + F and run a search for "jpg"
3. Copy and use the links that come up from the search. 

Sometimes there will be random things like the girl's profile pic or a banner that shows up on the search if it happens to end in "jpg" so just keep clicking next until you find links with the current date (Ex. 20130902) in it.
xepher416
Kenshuusei

Post by xepher416 »

^ Thanks, I've been trying everything. Although, I found that if you right click the picture a hundred times out of frustration the save picture option appeared a couple times for me lol. Of course I can't do that all the time so thanks for the tip. :)
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

Which blog are you prepping? I am using firefox and hasn't had a problem copying an image before.
I highlight the entire blog post and copy it to workspace. Then, I check on the image and select Edit Image.
In the Advanced Settings tab, there is a source field. Just copy the link and upload the image normally.

Edit: I saw new blog post from Aichan. The title reads "Aroi" (อร่อย). It means delicious in Thai. (If the translator already knows, just ignore this.)
Last edited by thaipokecard on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emoji List

<a href="http://blog-project.net/?p=80734&previe ... ew=true</a>
Sample Prepping Work Video
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

Krymzon
Kenshuusei

Post by Krymzon »

[quote="xepher416"]
^ Thanks, I've been trying everything. Although, I found that if you right click the picture a hundred times out of frustration the save picture option appeared a couple times for me lol. Of course I can't do that all the time so thanks for the tip. :)
[/quote]

I've found that quickly refreshing the page, then immediately right clicking on the picture works too :f5:
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="thaipokecard"]

Edit: I saw new blog post from Aichan. The title reads "Aroi" (อร่อย). It means delicious in Thai. (If the translator already knows, just ignore this.)
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Does anyone know what 中打ち is?  It seems to be slang but even just plain googling pulls nothing up. 

Last edited by eri on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

For folks hit by the Firefox dumbing down in latest update:

1. Type about:config in the address bar
2. Confirm that you'll be careful
3. In the Search bar on the Config page type dom.event.contextmenu.enabled
4. Double-click on Preference Name to toggle its Value to false
5. Close the Config tab, no need to restart the browser

Now you can right-click images again.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="eri"]Edit: Does anyone know what 中打ち is?  It seems to be slang but even just plain googling pulls nothing up. [/quote]

Center pick?  Context would help if that doesn't work.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I'm not sure what eri is trying to tell us, but Thailand's capital is neither <a href="http://blog-project.net/takahashi-ai/14 ... angcock</a> nor <a href="http://blog-project.net/takahashi-ai/15 ... Bancock</a>. :hahaha:

(I fixed the posts already)
Last edited by aine on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Miss Moonlight
モーニング娘。

Post by Miss Moonlight »

I'm going to take Mizuki and see how it goes. Can someone go back to prepping her entries?
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked this thread in forever :(

I'm going to have to officially take a hiatus from blog project through the end of September (and possibly some of early October, depending on work stuff). I already haven't been able to work on entries in a while, so I'm sorry to just now say something. People who are prepping for Sayu, Zukki, and Kana can stop until I get back unless someone else wants to temporarily take over translating those blogs. 
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

[quote="TnB"]
Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked this thread in forever :(

I'm going to have to officially take a hiatus from blog project through the end of September (and possibly some of early October, depending on work stuff). I already haven't been able to work on entries in a while, so I'm sorry to just now say something. People who are prepping for Sayu, Zukki, and Kana can stop until I get back unless someone else wants to temporarily take over translating those blogs. 
[/quote]
Good luck with work stuff. I will wait for your comeback. :tongue:

[quote="aine"]
I'm not sure what eri is trying to tell us, but Thailand's capital is neither <a href="http://blog-project.net/takahashi-ai/14 ... angcock</a> nor <a href="http://blog-project.net/takahashi-ai/15 ... Bancock</a>. :hahaha:

(I fixed the posts already)
[/quote]

The title should be "Khop Khun Ka" in the second blog post. Thai language has more vowels and sounds than Japanese language so it's kinda hard to romanize it in Japanese.
Last edited by thaipokecard on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emoji List

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Thanks for the notice TnB. Is anyone up to taking over Sayu, Zukki or Kana's blogs for a month or two?

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="thaipokecard" data-cid="162127" data-time="1378304879"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="162111" data-time="1378297550">I'm not sure what eri is trying to tell us, but Thailand's capital is neither <a href="http://blog-project.net/takahashi-ai/14 ... angcock</a> nor <a href="http://blog-project.net/takahashi-ai/15 ... Bancock</a>. :hahaha:

(I fixed the posts already)</blockquote> 
The title should be "Khop Khun Ka" in the second blog post. Thai language has more vowels and sounds than Japanese language so it's kinda hard to romanize it in Japanese.</blockquote>
Thanks TPC, fixed that as well! I saw a reader mention it as well and meant to ask here but forgot. Thai is a fascinating language.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Miss Moonlight"]
I'm going to take Mizuki and see how it goes. Can someone go back to prepping her entries?
[/quote]

Normally Momusu4ever prep her but you can send a private message to her to prevent her that a translator for Mizuki is back.
If she's too busy with school's homework, I can cover until she can prep (I just restarted school today so I haven't a lot of homework for the moment).

Campy <3 !
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Now that I have started from a clean slate I could possible take on Zukki or Kana (no way I am going to attempt multi-blog Sayu), but at the same time I may be getting busier in the next couple weeks so if someone else would rather step in and cover them instead go for it.
Kaori • Risako 

thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I can start prepping Kana's again if you want to pick it up. Kana's post's length is moderate to short.
She posts once a day. Rarely she will post twice but one of those posts will end up being announcement of some sort, which is very short.
Emoji List

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

OK, then I should be able to cover Kana until TnB comes back.  I'd take both but I just don't have that much time.  I'll just start from today's entry if that's alright!
Kaori • Risako 

thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
OK, then I should be able to cover Kana until TnB comes back.  I'd take both but I just don't have that much time.  I'll just start from today's entry if that's alright!
[/quote]

Great! I will prep hers now. If you put 中西香菜 in the Search Posts field on the top right, you should be able to search the drafts. (There are around 60 untranslated drafts so you can ignore those and pick the new one.)
Emoji List