The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah I prefer them to be like that rather than all making the same face.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

Fuck that B! There's nothing clever behind it, it's a completely amateur move. If they really needed to fill the space, they could have stuck a ☆ symbol in there.

The☆Best!

For a best album that did it right... the original Pucchi Best.
<div> </div>

Now, the girls are all pasted together and filled with CHEESY smiles like this decade has never seen, but I don't even care because that text is really freaking sweet. It almost says ART.

Nacchi & Maki are so stone cold! Well, Nacchi smiled after that and then her face got stuck.

Back to the album, I'm excited to hear what the hell they do with THE Manpower!!! (I just want Sakura to be a lead SCREAMER, and maybe someone unexpected to be the Yossi role) Heck, even the current gen songs are getting a new twist. Now with zero percent Reina, right? That has to be the point since they're bothering to redo both songs on her last single. Surely they'll give the underdogs a few more lines here and there. There are so many opportunities.

Please don't just let this be Okubo rearranging everything, unless he brings his Moonlight Night sound. He certainly didn't do it for Renai Revolution 21. I actually figured this would happen, promoting this album gives them an easy reason to keep the tired, overdone songs in concerts longer, while letting them blend with the new electrosound and they won't have to teach the girls any new lines because only the instrumentals will change. Typical H!P move.

=LOVE MACHINE will NEVER die.

I'm surprised that Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari didn't make it on. (Or are they saving that for the next studio album?  :doh: )

Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It is like 99 percent sure it'll be Ookubo, lol. If it's not him, it'll probably be the guy who did Brainstorming and Kimi Sae.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Am I the only person who really doesn't mind these updates at all?

I've been reading some comments posted here and on other websites and while some people are just simply saying that they just don't like the new arrangements there are some people who are actually getting unnecessarily angry. There's a lot of inappropriate language being used to describe the songs and I honestly don't understand why? There's no need for it. 

No one ever said that these updates are the definitive versions.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]

I've been reading some comments posted here and on other websites and while some people are just simply saying that they just don't like the new arrangements there are some people who are actually getting unnecessarily angry. There's a lot of inappropriate language being used to describe the songs and I honestly don't understand why? There's no need for it. 

[/quote]

Yeah, that's true. I did overreact quite a bit.

I apologize. It's really not that bad, the remake of RR21, but I still don't care much for the instrumental.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="162302" data-time="1378466515">

No one ever said that these updates are the definitive versions.</blockquote>
I wouldn't put too much stock in people or their opinions honestly; there will always be people who do this, even if they're upset about one note. It's not worth thinking about.

That said, yeah this album would be a waste of space if the songs weren't updated. Hell, I kind of want the recent singles updated or else they're just lazily tacked on as filler tracks. I'm excited because all those songs are tired and old and need updates at this point.
Last edited by showraniy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="162302" data-time="1378466515">

</blockquote>
I wouldn't put too much stock in people or their opinions honestly; there will always be people who do this, even if they're upset about one note. It's not worth thinking about.

That said, yeah this album would be a waste of space if the songs weren't updated. Hell, I kind of want the recent singles updated or else they're just lazily tacked on as filler tracks. I'm excited because all those songs are tired and old and need updates at this point.

[/quote]
^I agree with everything you've said. I'm glad I'm not alone in this.
Formerly Mizura
fujii hina
Kenshuusei

Post by fujii hina »

I'm satisfied with the fact that it's not a sing-along to the original instrumental. After 54 singles of center-people + everyone else, I don't really mind line distribution or everyone sounding the same. I'm still probably going to listen to the album to death even if the songs are cringe-worthy to some people. I'm glad Morning Musume, despite making that distinction from the "not-current-Morning-Musume", are not completely severing their ties to its history.

It would be cool in future TV performances with OGs to medley the old and new versions. Because that makes a lot more sense than Happy Summer Wedding + Wagamama Kinomomo Ai no Joke. And we know that they performing Love Machine and RR21 forever.
Last edited by fujii hina on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm glad it's new arrangements, I just really don't like the RR21 arrangement.  But, as pumo said, SO freaking excited to hear what they do with THE Manpower, as long as Sakura is Takahashi.

I'm glad it's new arrangements, I just really don't like the RR21 arrangement.  But, as pumo said, SO freaking excited to hear what they do with THE Manpower, as long as Sakura is Takahashi.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]That said, yeah this album would be a waste of space if the songs weren't updated.[/quote]

Pretty much. The problem with RR21, and I suspect "Love Machine" will suffer the same fate, is the very essence of the song is so dated that it's almost impossible to remove it from its element enough to make it sound fresh without completely destroying in other ways. 
roddyreta
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by roddyreta »

I like the new RR21 arrangement quite a bit.   It probably helps I wasn't a fan during the Golden Era though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... SFY5Y">One Two Three live from Mezamashi</a> Will probably be the updated version on the album. Reina's lines have been redistributed and it's more autotuned than before.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Anderei"]
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... SFY5Y">One Two Three live from Mezamashi</a> Will probably be the updated version on the album. Reina's lines have been redistributed and it's more autotuned than before.
[/quote]

Okay, I just did the biggest "WHAT" ever, because

[quote="Anderei"]
 Reina's lines have been redistributed
[/quote]

That's a pretty rare thing.

This version sounds pretty good and I really like how the distributed the lines.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

PERFECTION.

Line distribution and whatever they did to make me not notice Riho is singing is perfection! Either that or she's honestly getting some real vocal lessons and sounding better... which I guess UFP miiiight've done considering she lost her voice with how poorly she was using it. Can't have the front and center lead doing that too often.

Also, I'm not sure why, but something about watching that video just made me really proud of them and happy to be a fan. I'm not sure I've had that feeling... ever. They're really awesome girls.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It doesn't sound completely live to me. Which is probably what you're talking about. It's like the mics are turned down and the backtrack is turned up real high.

I don't like this, but I don't like the original OTT much either. It's such a mess.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

The harmony part is so loud in some places that you could barely hear the actual melody.

This was the last song of the set and the end of the encore, so maybe that was why they needed to lip sync most of it?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Maybe. I haven't seen the rest so I have no idea what the sound was like for the other songs.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah, that's the performance that Sakura and Haruka got sick after so I bet it was too hot for them to do the whole thing live.
Kaori • Risako 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Full radio rip of <a href="http://youtu.be/ZYwNoDSrpmc">I Wish</a>

The instrumental is okay kinda meh but that doesn't matter, Sakura got Kago's lines so I'm happy! <3
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Kaori • Risako 

neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Nice. The vocals are a little overpowering the drums, but daymn that's nice. It's one sound, not an overcomplicated mess.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Not bad at all. It's a little boring, the instrumental, but the vocals are really good.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This is one of my all time favorite MM tracks, so this comes with an extremely low margin for error. I really like the way it starts out, but it never ever seems to really get going for me. I really don't care for the way this stays at half-time for the entire length of the song, as that just saps it of the soul and energy that makes it a great song. It's not horrible, but it's definitely lacking.

It's clear that there are songs that Tsunku writes with a particular arrangement in mind, regardless of who does the actual arrangements, and I think "I Wish" is obviously one of them.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I agree with all the talk about the instrumental lacking, but everyone sounds great. Sakura sounded like Miki on that last line more than Takahashi!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I didn't like Riho's line in the end. I was like WHY??!
Formerly Mizura
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

^ I felt the same way :( 

I did like it overall though. Like Jpope, it's one of my favorite MM songs of all time and I agree that staying at a slow tempo the entire song definitely takes something away. That said, I think it's great for what it's supposed to be. I think the goal with this album is not to make the songs better or as good as the originals (except in the case where we're just getting rid of Reina 8o ). I think it's meant to be more of a bridge. These should be versions of some of the group's best known songs tailored to fit the current members and the current lineup. That way they can throw out some of the classics in performances from time to time as crowd pleasers without having to directly compete with the image people have of previous lineups of the group. 
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<a href="http://youtu.be/sfK0BAibyy4">Here's the radio rip of Love Machine.</a>

The other new instrumentals were just a warm up to this biggest change.

The opening freaked me out at first, but I have to say, I warmed up to the rest of it more quickly then I thought I would.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

This just makes me want to listen to LM even less than before.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Okay, I actually love this.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

This close to getting a eurobeat Love Machine. I'm hoping the mix isn't final or that these radio rips are bad because the balance between the vocals and backing tracks is all over the place. I'm also not a big fan of the supplementary parts they kept in like the backing harmonies and ah/wows. I had some of that with the RR21 too. The actual re-arrangement is pretty decent, if a little basic sounding. Hopefully there are more dramatic changes like the I WISH one.