Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Estrea"]
So sorry I've been more or less inactive at translating, my workload at my job just doubled because someone quit. >_> Don't worry though, I'll catch up on all prepped posts -- my preppers should know my crazy tenacity at catching up on pages of old posts LOL 

Just letting everyone know that I'm not dead >_< sorry guys! will catch up when work is less insane...
[/quote]

Hey, I'm in the same situation because someone full time got fired and I'm now doing both of our jobs on part time hours.  Anyway, don't worry about it.

Luckily it looks like Sakura hasn't updated much the past week or so, so today I'm going to try and focus on getting some Sayuki entries done.

Star, (you're back right?), don't worry about prepping Sayuki again until I tell you.  THanks!
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="taylor"]
I translated all of Kanon's most recent prepped post other than this line: "1人加入で、私が知らないような思いをしていると思いますが、それを感じさせない堂々とした姿が好きです"
I'm not sure what she's saying, so if someone could help I'd really appreciate it. 
[/quote]

When you ask for help with a line, can you please link to the entry it's from? Usually it helps to have context. It sounds like she's talking about Sakura?

"She joined by herself, so I'm sure she's felt some things I can't identify with, but I like how she presents herself in a dignified way that doesn't show those feelings." 
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

[quote="NekoKai"]
I'm gonna try and go through some of Eripon's already prepped posts, I don't imagine I'll take her on permanently, so don't start prepping posts again yet. :hahaha:

Also, why haven't we publicized our twitter account?  It seems as though it's been up and running for a while now.
[/quote]
If you don't mind, I'd be okay taking Eripon's blog permanently. I don't feel as overwhelmed as I'd expected with Zukki and Kana, and eventually their translator will return so I don't want to be in the dust after that haha. But if you want her, that's fine too.
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

[quote="TnB"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="taylor" data-cid="163026" data-time="1379356081">
<div>
I translated all of Kanon's most recent prepped post other than this line: "1人加入で、私が知らないような思いをしていると思いますが、それを感じさせない堂々とした姿が好きです"
I'm not sure what she's saying, so if someone could help I'd really appreciate it. 
[/quote]
When you ask for help with a line, can you please link to the entry it's from? Usually it helps to have context. It sounds like she's talking about Sakura?

"She joined by herself, so I'm sure she's felt some things I can't identify with, but I like how she presents herself in a dignified way that doesn't show those feelings." 

</div>
</blockquote>
And thank you so much, I'm sorry for not linking.
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I haven't checked this thread for a day. Seem like there will be a translator for Kana.
I will prep her's post later today. I am busy with other things right now.
Emoji List

<a href="http://blog-project.net/?p=80734&previe ... ew=true</a>
Sample Prepping Work Video
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

MisaChii
Kenshuusei

Post by MisaChii »

[quote="Yuki"]
Skippable Sayu:
09/15 - <a href="http://gree.jp/michishige_sayumi/blog/e ... 2515637</a>
<a href="http://gree.jp/michishige_sayumi/blog/e ... 2503926</a>

Just a heads up--I will be unable to translate the second half of this week (18th - 21st) because we'll be migrating my computer's data. I can keep checking which of Sayu's posts to skip from my phone and reading Mano's posts, though, so please keep prepping during the time if it is not too much trouble. I should be back in business by the 22nd.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience ><
[/quote]

Okay~  :thumbsup:
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Question about the workflow spreadsheet. 

I'm considering taking on another blog and don't understand
1. why there are 80+ pages of untranslated posts in queue
2. Why are some boxes highlighted in yellow on the spreadsheet? Are these on hiatus or...? 
<div> </div>
If I'm going to translate, I realized that I need to do it daily and have it part of my routine.  If the girls I translate don't write daily or if the prepper for those blogs does not prep daily, then the routine falls apart and it just isn't sustainable. So anyway, that's all.  

Edit: I can do one of the blogs that Kurikaesu seems to have abandoned - Riho etc.
Last edited by eri on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

Skippable Sayu:
09/16 - none! (it's just one)
09/17 - none! (also just one)

I know I'm contributing to a handful of those pages of untranslated posts... Before I do my data backup this evening (so it does it overnight) I'm going to try to get through as many as I can.
Priority of translating depends on other things going on, like my school assignments and school-related contests, for example...and of course continuing to actually learn Japanese so I can translate! Lol. I'm sure that as I learn more and improve my Japanese in general, my translation speed will pick up.
Website | deviantART | Tumblr

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Well my question is more like...
1. Are translators hoping to go back and cover the old prepped posts?
2. Are these mistakenly prepped posts?
3. Or are they just kind of forgotten about, because they are old?  If so, I wanted to know if I could randomly translate one just to keep up the habit.  Some people might not like that.

I also considered "special translations" but the process seems a little tedious.  I like practicing reading Japanese and trying to increase my reading speed...but I don't really want to go and find random articles to cover when other sites seem to do those regularly. 

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="163089" data-time="1379446453">1. why there are 80+ pages of untranslated posts in queue
2. Why are some boxes highlighted in yellow on the spreadsheet? Are these on hiatus or...?</blockquote>
1. ¯\(°_o)/¯
2. I believe mainly NekoKai updates the spreadsheet. It's high on my list of things to sort out, so while we're on the subject - can we please get a legend as to what different colours mean in the spreadsheet, and also a "Last Updated" field? This will make it clearer and more helpful for everyone.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="163100" data-time="1379454800">1. Are translators hoping to go back and cover the old prepped posts?
2. Are these mistakenly prepped posts?
3. Or are they just kind of forgotten about, because they are old?  If so, I wanted to know if I could randomly translate one just to keep up the habit.  Some people might not like that.</blockquote>
1. I think we should agree on some cut-off point beyond which prepped posts a) become free-for-all and/or b) get scrapped. Unless the translator explicitly said to keep prepping them. But people going awol is one of our bigger problems. How about 10 days with no news from the translator to stop prepping and other translators to take them over if they wish? Or does it seem too short?
2. Some of them surely are.
3. This too, probably. If you ask me, then go ahead and grab whichever if you just want to practice or keep the habit. No harm will be done. Maybe just translate one from the earlier rather than later pages to stay on the safer side. But there shouldn't really be any translation territoriality except for the most up to date blogs.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I am going to take on Eripon full time, so Krymzon if you could start from where you left off that would be fantastic.

On the spreadsheet, all the translators' names that are highlighted have gone M.I.A. (haven't translated since at least July and haven't said anything).  So yes, eri, you can take Riho if you want (just let me know so I can change the name) and anyone else who wants any of those girls (or any of the girls in red with no name) can have them.

In response to your third point eri, I say yes especially if that girl doesn't have a translator/they're M.I.A.

Edit: (Because aine posted before I did.)  I'll add a legend and a last updated place.  Should it be just the date?

I say all the drafts from previous years need to be scrapped, especially considering it's so late in the year now.

10 days sounds good for the preppers to stop, but I'd say closer to a month before another translator takes over.
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="NekoKai"]
I am going to take on Eripon full time, so Krymzon if you could start from where you left off that would be fantastic.

On the spreadsheet, all the translators' names that are highlighted have gone M.I.A. (haven't translated since at least July and haven't said anything).  So yes, eri, you can take Riho if you want (just let me know so I can change the name) and anyone else who wants any of those girls (or any of the girls in red with no name) can have them.

In response to your third point eri, I say yes especially if that girl doesn't have a translator/they're M.I.A.

Edit: (Because aine posted before I did.)  I'll add a legend and a last updated place.  Should it be just the date?

I say all the drafts from previous years need to be scrapped, especially considering it's so late in the year now.

10 days sounds good for the preppers to stop, but I'd say closer to a month before another translator takes over.
[/quote]

Sorry if my questions provoked something that seems a little like stress haha.  I just wanted to be able to translate every day, around the same time that I log on.   Since kurikaesu has not translated her 3 blogs in over a month, I think it would be okay for me to take one.  If she returns, she can still cover the other 2.

As long as I have a prepper, I can cover either Riho or Haruna (no real preference.  Just not Kudo because she's boring haha).  If anyone can confirm that they'd be okay prepping (for either one), I can start tomorrow.   

(I'd rather take on a dropped blog than translate old entries.) 
Last edited by eri on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

There's no stress, we've been needing to talk about that for a while now.  Haruna already has a prepper, thaipokecard.  (Also, kurikaesu has two other blogs.)
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I prepped Kana's post. Sorry for the delay.
I can prep Haruna again if you want. Let me know which post you want me to start.

Emoji List

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

I can take Takeuchi Akari permanently if there's someone willing to prep her entries. Kudo too, if that's fine since her posts haven't been translated in quite a while.
Last edited by taylor on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="thaipokecard"]
I can prep Haruna again if you want. Let me know which post you want me to start.
[/quote]

Hooray! Could you start 3 posts back? That way, I can have a little buffer while getting used to her. 
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="thaipokecard" data-cid="163112" data-time="1379466576">
<div>
[/quote]

Hooray! Could you start 3 posts back? That way, I can have a little buffer while getting used to her. 

</div>
</blockquote>

I finished 2 today. Will do a new one tomorrow morning. My eyes can't open anymore. lol
Emoji List

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="taylor" data-cid="163128" data-time="1379470518">
I can take Takeuchi Akari permanently if there's someone willing to prep her entries. Kudo too, if that's fine since her posts haven't been translated in quite a while.
</blockquote>
Kudou's prepper is gone until Sunday, but there's 30 some already prepped posts for her that you can translate if you want while you wait for her prepper. Just go to drafts and search "Kudo". :thumbsup:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="162792" data-time="1379006265">
Well due to something extraordinary, I can prep again, or at least at school. There are still problems at home. But if there are some really easy blogs to prep I can do that, I looked on the spreadsheet and nothing looks open right now, but I can wait.
</blockquote>
Takeuchi Akari (竹内朱莉) doesn't seem to use any emoticons and seems to have at most one picture per post, would you be interested in her?
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="NekoKai"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="taylor" data-cid="163128" data-time="1379470518">
</blockquote>
Kudou's prepper is gone until Sunday, but there's 30 some already prepped posts for her that you can translate if you want while you wait for her prepper. Just go to drafts and search "Kudo". :thumbsup:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="162792" data-time="1379006265">
Well due to something extraordinary, I can prep again, or at least at school. There are still problems at home. But if there are some really easy blogs to prep I can do that, I looked on the spreadsheet and nothing looks open right now, but I can wait.
</blockquote>
Takeuchi Akari (竹内朱莉) doesn't seem to use any emoticons and seems to have at most one picture per post, would you be interested in her?

[/quote]

I can cover for Duu ^^ and if Mizura can't take Akari (or doesn't answer), I can take her :thumbsup:
Campy <3 !
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I can take Akari if she's easy to prep for. I don't have as much time and I can't do it at home right now.
Formerly Mizura
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Neminia, when you prep Aika's entries, could you keep the line spacing as close to the original as possible instead of a single line between each sentence?
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

^ I don't know how, when I copy the text and save the draft the spaces disappear, no matter how many times I add them  :eekrun:

I just looked how many untranslated drafts I have. They are 13 pages, mostly Kanyon's posts I stopped prepping a month ago. Some are also Zukki's old posts from the time I helped Mosumu4ever to catch up, but her translator disappeared before any of these were traslated, so they should get deleted too. 
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Have you tried pasting it in Text and then switching over to Visual?

Zukki actually has a translator, so when TnB gets back she can delete any of her posts that she's not going to translate.
Kanyon on the other hand...no one really seems to like translating her, and there are untranslated posts of hers going all the way back to February(under "Nyon").  So I don't know, if nobody expresses interest in her, those drafts should get deleted, but aine and/or strawberry will have to weigh in on that.
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

I pasted it into Visual and switched then into Text  :facepalm: Well I used little trick on the two newest posts, but I'll try to get it right next time.
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

Skippable Sayu:

09/18 - none (two, short posts)
Website | deviantART | Tumblr

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
Estrea
Kenshuusei

Post by Estrea »

Who's prepping Marin again? I'm starting to translate again now that my workload is becoming manageable once more (God-mode for the last two days cleared the backlog haha), and while I'll busy myself with the rest of the Lovendor girls, Marin's latest posts aren't prepped :x

To anyone who might want to help me prep, please start from this post: <a href="http://ameblo.jp/lovendor-blog/entry-11 ... 3.html">UF LICKS by MIYAZAWA</a> and work your way forward ^^; Thanks in advance!

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://imgbox.com/hZ1Bs0hK">[img]http:/ ... 1Bs0hK.jpg[/img]</a>
永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

Okay I'll prep them for you~
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I can cover for Maasa and Fukuhime too (I didn't remember Momusu4ever was prepping Fukuhime and Maasa when I offered to cover for Duu)
I started to cover for Duu since September 14th so I'll do the same for the others
Last edited by Meikochi on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

^
I prep Mizuki. I'm only able to prep on weekends and sometimes during the weekday.
Estrea
Kenshuusei

Post by Estrea »

[quote="Neminia"]
Okay I'll prep them for you~
[/quote]

Thank you!!! :D

Let's hope work isn't too crazy today so I can do a few at least~ haha I'm such a terrible worker, doing other things on office time >_> But hey, I finish a lot of actual work before I even do anything else! /excuses  :XD:
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://imgbox.com/hZ1Bs0hK">[img]http:/ ... 1Bs0hK.jpg[/img]</a>
永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。