Koharu's Oha!Star Appearance

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Koharu's Oha!Star Appearance

Post by Shoujo Q »

Morning Musume were on OhaStar! Koharu was there too, but it seems like it turned into a Koharu roast near the end of the talk. (I can't tell!!).

Watch it while you can. Part <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tOU0">1</a> / <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 9EsM">2</a>  (1 is talk, 2 is performance, it starts at 4:38.)

They promote their single and album, mainly the album but since they performed Waku/Joke I put it here.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: Koharu's Oha!Star Appearance

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Morning Musume were on OhaStar! Koharu was there too, but it seems like it turned into a Koharu roast near the end of the talk. (I can't tell!!).
[/quote]

Oooo, someone please sub this if this is true.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Omigosh Sayu doesn't even smile when she laughs and insults Koha hahaha

One funny thing was that Koharu used to put on sunscreen before concerts to protect her skin from the lights.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Sayu's all, "Bitch, you can't hang with the current MM..."

Masaki and Duu look like they're going to rough her up after the show.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Well Hello! Online is taking the Koharu insults...idk a word to describe it. Basically they are saying "Oh we should forgive Koharu, she was the only person in her generation, she was probably lonely since she didn't have anybody she could talk to personally"
Formerly Mizura
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Traitor Musume reaping what she sown. :popcorn:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

"Traitor Musume"? What exactly did she do?
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="163628" data-time="1380017234">"Traitor Musume"? What exactly did she do?</blockquote>
She basically <a href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=5567">pissed all over</a> everyone and everything that MM gave her.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

She is so ungrateful. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Wow, I never realized. Not that I ever particularly liked her, I'm just shocked.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Yeah, really, it was the most bitchiest thing ever. But just to say that she only "used" Momusu to advance her career, not that she cared about it at all, just completely alienates not only her fellow members she was in the group with, but her fans as well.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="163602" data-time="1379985297">
<div>
[/quote]

Oooo, someone please sub this if this is true.

</div>
</blockquote>
I'm down to translate if someone wants to do the subbing.

It actually isn't that different from what we already heard in Koharugate though. Basically they set Koharu up to think she's starting her own new segment, but it's actually just MM roasting her. Sayu tells a story that was already mentioned in the radio debacle, Eripon says she heard from her senpai that Koharu used to wear sunscreen on stage. Koharu says it's true, she thought the stage lighting would give her sunburn (...lightburn? lol). Riho says she heard from her senpai that Koharu was never phased by getting yelled at by staff or senpai (meaning she didn't cry or feel bad like other members).

I'm interested in seeing an appearance by Koharu where she's supposed to be representing herself as a model. Like an interview about fashion or something. On this show I feel like 80% of what she said was "Yaay!" or "OMG FOR REALZ?" or "ZORF" (i.e. random noises). I'm curious if that's actually still her persona or if it's just for the atmosphere of Oha Star. 
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I can't believe she was chosen as the only person in a generation and she was regarding as someone who could turn Morning Musume around and make them popular again. Any of the other girls in the audition probably would've been a better choice, and I hope they are pissed if they heard what Koharu said about Morning Musume and they would have the right to be.
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

That UCHOOOOO thing she kept doing while making the screamer face made me want to smack the living shit out of her.

Not that I didn't want to do that already
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Cyrene
モーニング娘。

Post by Cyrene »

Koharu basically didn't act like an idol and pissed off MM fans and the only ones pissed off are people who didn't like Koharu already. 

Old news!

|Avatar made by 少女Q . It's really freaking old.| <a href="http://idollife.tumblr.com">My Tumblr</a>
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TnB"]
[/quote]
I'm down to do subbing if you do the translating. I'm too busy to do both now, so.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Cyrene"]
Koharu basically didn't act like an idol and pissed off MM fans and the only ones pissed off are people who didn't like Koharu already. 

Old news!
[/quote]

People didn't like Koharu, but I've always considered her super idol-like, to be honest.

<p class="bbc_center">Image
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

ahhhh Koharu getting burned on live TV.

Sweet Sweet Revenge
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote="MejraThea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TnB" data-cid="163638" data-time="1380034022">
<div>
[/quote]
I'm down to do subbing if you do the translating. I'm too busy to do both now, so.

</div>
</blockquote>

PM me to work out details? :D
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="Cyrene"]

Old news!
[/quote]

I'm an MM fan and in the long run I didn't care. I would've been in the same position she was to be honest.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I used to be a massive Koha fan but after hearing this I've lost quite a bit of respect for her. I can understand why Sayumi got upset when Koha made those comments because she loves MoMusu and it's members to death and Koha just used them and does not care in the slightest. Now I'm not as angry as I used to be at Mikitty for shouting at Koha all the time XD
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Guys, idol groups are stepping stones. That's what they're meant to be, and anyone who takes a job without admitting s/he wants it to be a stepping stone to another job is lying to your face. Or they're fabulously wealthy and/or are waiting for retirement.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Because all the other OGs are doing soooo much better than they were doing in MM.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]
Guys, idol groups are stepping stones. That's what they're meant to be, and anyone who takes a job without admitting s/he wants it to be a stepping stone to another job is lying to your face. Or they're fabulously wealthy and/or are waiting for retirement.
[/quote]

So you think Sayumi was lying when she said that her only ambition with joining Morning Musume was to be a member of Morning Musume? See, I don't. If she was, then she's really good at hiding it, and I can't imagine why she would not have graduated herself a long time ago if that were the case.

Sometimes people take a job because it's the job they really want.

All that aside, nobody has a problem with Koharu using MM as a stepping stone to her little modeling career; they mostly have a problem with her being a turd about it after the fact.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Because all the other OGs are doing soooo much better than they were doing in MM.
[/quote]

And that's exactly why it's a stepping stone. Any job that fires you at 24 for being an old, useless hag would take an idiot to dedicate themselves to it without a plan for the future.

[quote="JPope"]
So you think Sayumi was lying when she said that her only ambition with joining Morning Musume was to be a member of Morning Musume? See, I don't. If she was, then she's really good at hiding it, and I can't imagine why she would not have graduated herself a long time ago if that were the case.

Sometimes people take a job because it's the job they really want.

All that aside, nobody has a problem with Koharu using MM as a stepping stone to her little modeling career; they mostly have a problem with her being a turd about it after the fact.

[/quote]

No, I think Sayumi is genuine, but she was somewhere around 13 or so when she joined the group. I wouldn't expect her to say at that age, "Oh yeah, when Company A fires me, I want to work at Company B!"

I absolutely hope every girl in MM wants to be in MM, but I think I'd be foolish to expect MM to be their be-all and end-all. They know the reality of their work and they know it'll only last through their teenage years and maybe into their early twenties, so all I'm saying is that it's not optional to have a back-up plan. They kind of need one unless they want to retire at 24.
Last edited by showraniy on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Um, I would kill to be an idol and never thought of it as a stepping stone.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="163766" data-time="1380122806">I absolutely hope every girl in MM wants to be in MM, but I think I'd be foolish to expect MM to be their be-all and end-all. They know the reality of their work and they know it'll only last through their teenage years and maybe into their early twenties, so all I'm saying is that it's not optional to have a back-up plan. They kind of need one unless they want to retire at 24.</blockquote>

Silly, the backup plan is to retire by marriage.

There's no doubt that there are idols who use their first job as a stepping stone.  The problem with Koharu is that she's broadcasting that fact while others keep their mouths shut and (publicly) pay respect to their origins.  Say what you want about that, but currently that goes against Japan's entertainment culture.
Last edited by Zoe on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]No, I think Sayumi is genuine, but she was somewhere around 13 or so when she joined the group. I wouldn't expect her to say at that age, "Oh yeah, when Company A fires me, I want to work at Company B!"

I absolutely hope every girl in MM wants to be in MM, but I think I'd be foolish to expect MM to be their be-all and end-all. They know the reality of their work and they know it'll only last through their teenage years and maybe into their early twenties, so all I'm saying is that it's not optional to have a back-up plan. They kind of need one unless they want to retire at 24.

[/quote]

No, this isn't about a 13 year old girl -- or anyone for that matter -- thinking about what they want to do in the event they get fired, and that's not how you presented your argument, either. You said that anyone who says they take any job without it being some sort of stepping stone to a better job is lying to your face. This assumes succeeding at said job so as to be able to use it as a stepping stone, ie not getting fired. Nor is this about having plans for when your idol career inevitably comes to an end, and you know it. You're moving the goalposts all over the place.

And Kohau admitted that she did precisely what you said you would not expect from a 13 year old girl: joined MM with for no other reason than to pursue opportunities outside of MM. Which, again, nobody really has a huge problem with. It's how much of a turd she is about it after the fact.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="163766" data-time="1380122806">
<div>No, I think Sayumi is genuine, but she was somewhere around 13 or so when she joined the group. I wouldn't expect her to say at that age, "Oh yeah, when Company A fires me, I want to work at Company B!"

[/quote]

No, this isn't about a 13 year old girl -- or anyone for that matter -- thinking about what they want to do in the event they get fired, and that's not how you presented your argument, either. You said that anyone who says they take any job without it being some sort of stepping stone to a better job is lying to your face.
</div>
</blockquote>

This is absolutely about anyone, especially a 13 year old girl, thinking about what s/he wants to do in the event of getting fired. That's the point; this job fires them.

And yes, anyone who is working somewhere is using it as a stepping stone to get somewhere else--which is usually another job--unless that person plans to retire from where s/he is currently working. If someone plans to work at a company (assuming it's one that DOESN'T fire people for aging), and plans to stay there for as long as possible (which I'm guessing ideally = retirement), then I could even argue the job is a stepping stone to retirement. Hell, a job can be a stepping stone to being a stay-at-home mom. I don't really get why this is a sore spot.

I mean, I don't know, you kind of lost me on this one. It seems obvious to me that people change jobs, and the idea behind it is the next one is hopefully better than the last, meaning the last was a stepping stone to the next. I'm not saying people jump ship at every opportunity because it's only a stepping stone, but the way up the job ladder is through other jobs as far as I know, which makes all the previous jobs a stepping stone to the next.

[quote="JPope"]
This assumes succeeding at said job so as to be able to use it as a stepping stone, ie not getting fired. Nor is this about having plans for when your idol career inevitably comes to an end, and you know it. You're moving the goalposts all over the place.
[/quote]

I don't understand this line...

[quote="JPope"]
And Kohau admitted that she did precisely what you said you would not expect from a 13 year old girl: joined MM with for no other reason than to pursue opportunities outside of MM. Which, again, nobody really has a huge problem with. It's how much of a turd she is about it after the fact.
[/quote]

I'm not defending Koharu being a turd. She worded everything poorly and came off ungrateful and spoiled, I agree, but I'm just saying that what she did is what everyone else does. That's the only point I was trying to make.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]I'm not defending Koharu being a turd. She worded everything poorly and came off ungrateful and spoiled, I agree, but I'm just saying that what she did is what everyone else does. That's the only point I was trying to make.[/quote]

Then I'm not sure what you're going on about, because that's the only problem people have with her.