Koharu's Oha!Star Appearance

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Cyrene
モーニング娘。

Re: Koharu's Oha!Star Appearance

Post by Cyrene »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Because all the other OGs are doing soooo much better than they were doing in MM.
[/quote]

Koharu does have the best career after MM, I guess she's doing something right.

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="163766" data-time="1380122806">
I absolutely hope every girl in MM wants to be in MM, but I think I'd be foolish to expect MM to be their be-all and end-all. They know the reality of their work and they know it'll only last through their teenage years and maybe into their early twenties, so all I'm saying is that it's not optional to have a back-up plan. They kind of need one unless they want to retire at 24.
</blockquote>

Silly, the backup plan is to retire by marriage.

There's no doubt that there are idols who use their first job as a stepping stone.  The problem with Koharu is that she's broadcasting that fact while others keep their mouths shut and (publicly) pay respect to their origins.  Say what you want about that, but currently that goes against Japan's entertainment culture.

[/quote]

Sadly. Basically she went against the grain and people can't handle that. She's always been outspoken and strange.

Even I'm not a huge Koharu fan anymore because of this whole thing, but I think it's silly to assume that all the girls "dislike Koharu" or whatever. This thing was a TV show (a kid's one at that) and I sincerely doubt that they'd actually be mad at her in front of a child audience.

<div>
[quote="JPope"]I'm not defending Koharu being a turd. She worded everything poorly and came off ungrateful and spoiled, I agree, but I'm just saying that what she did is what everyone else does. That's the only point I was trying to make.[/quote]

Then I'm not sure what you're going on about, because that's the only problem people have with her.

</blockquote>
</div>

The only ones who carry on about this are Koharu haters, period. Most other fans haven't said anything about it since.
Last edited by Cyrene on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

|Avatar made by 少女Q . It's really freaking old.| <a href="http://idollife.tumblr.com">My Tumblr</a>
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

It looked to me like people were judging Koharu for what she did and/more than what she said. That's why I said everyone does it.

But I thought this all blew up and then a more complete translation came out and everyone decided it was blown out of proportion anyway. Koharu speaks poorly, but I thought this wasn't all that bad. Just Koharu being dense as always.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I'm judging her because she was a selfish little twat with the way she behaved towards Sayu and the other members during her time in the group. I threw a party the day she "moved on" from the group itself.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]
It looked to me like people were judging Koharu for what she did and/more than what she said. That's why I said everyone does it.

But I thought this all blew up and then a more complete translation came out and everyone decided it was blown out of proportion anyway. Koharu speaks poorly, but I thought this wasn't all that bad. Just Koharu being dense as always.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think you might have read more into this than was intended by most coming down hard on Koharu. I don't think I've seen anyone here say that she was wrong to have have ambitions beyond MM, and most went out of their way to acknowledge that it's common for idols to have such ambitions. What we didn't like was Koharu being such a fuck-tard about it after the fact in general, and publicly questioning Sayu's motives in particular.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

This isn't going anywhere we wouldn't have been to before, and we better not go there again. :lock:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~