The Official H!P Question Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

aine
ANGERME

Re: The Official H!P Question Thread

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="164289" data-time="1380760466">I know that I have to have a Japanese address to buy from Hello!Shop, but is there any third party I can go through that won't charge a giant amount of tax? Or.. is that Japanese taxes on goods? :s</blockquote>
You mean like White Rabbit Express or Tenso? We tried both of them, they work, their charges work out more or less the same depending on a few factors. White Rabbit is much more English-speaker friendly and has some great customer service if you ever need to ask them a question.

>trusting random people from facebook to buy you anything
>good idea

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Does anyone know the official "start" day of MM?  Was it 1997 or 98?  I was curious as to when during the year....
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Well, Ai no Tane was released on November 3, 1997, and Morning Coffee January 28, 1998...... Technically Morning Coffee was their 'debut', since Ai no Tane was just a test. I guess you kind of have to pick which one you think.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="164308" data-time="1380795408">Does anyone know the official "start" day of MM?  Was it 1997 or 98?  I was curious as to when during the year....</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="164313" data-time="1380807136">Well, Ai no Tane was released on November 3, 1997, and Morning Coffee January 28, 1998...... Technically Morning Coffee was their 'debut', since Ai no Tane was just a test. I guess you kind of have to pick which one you think.</blockquote>
Japanese Wikipedia gives September 14, 1997 as the date when the Morning Musume name was announced on ASAYAN, following the results of the SharanQ female vocalist audition which the original 1st Gen failed. It is also referred to as the official MM birth date on Oricon.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh, thank you, aine! I am glad I know now as well.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="164308" data-time="1380795408">
Does anyone know the official "start" day of MM?  Was it 1997 or 98?  I was curious as to when during the year....
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="164313" data-time="1380807136">
Well, Ai no Tane was released on November 3, 1997, and Morning Coffee January 28, 1998...... Technically Morning Coffee was their 'debut', since Ai no Tane was just a test. I guess you kind of have to pick which one you think.
</blockquote>

Japanese Wikipedia gives September 14, 1997 as the date when the Morning Musume name was announced on ASAYAN, following the results of the SharanQ female vocalist audition which the original 1st Gen failed. It is also referred to as the official MM birth date on Oricon.

[/quote]
Wow, that's Ai Takahashi's 11th birthday. Was she watching on that fateful day? Did she have any inkling of any future connection? If I'm ever blessed with the opportunity to interview her again, I'll ask that.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="164308" data-time="1380795408">
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="164313" data-time="1380807136">
</blockquote>

[/quote]

The current MM also celebrated this day with a cake and a couple of them mentioned on their blogs that MM was 16 years old now.

<p class="bbc_center">Image
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="aine"]

</blockquote>
</blockquote>

[/quote]
Thank you, I've been wondering this for quite a while :)

Does anyone know the real reason as to why Fukuda Asuko left? I've read lots of speculation but I don't think I've ever found a confirmed answer.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]
Does anyone know the real reason as to why Fukuda Asuko left? I've read lots of speculation but I don't think I've ever found a confirmed answer.

[/quote]

Well, honestly, I don't think anyone has the "real" answer for that. She herself says it was because she was "bullied" but I think she's contradicted that once or twice?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The book she released shortly after supposedly implies she was bullied. She's never come out and said it herself.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Ahh, I see! I knew I heard something about bullying, but I didn't know she wrote a book after she left. Anderei to the rescue once again :thumbsup:
Last edited by arcobaleno on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

Was Sonim considered part of H!P?
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Nope.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Kahoryn
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kahoryn »

Thanks for the quick response. O_O
That's what I always thought, but I guess I just thought today it was strange to think that since a lot of her early work was Tsunku produced.
last.fm | twitter | tumblr
fujii hina
Kenshuusei

Post by fujii hina »

Do we count the whispers, grunts, wows and wowowowows as solo lines?

Also, has anyone already made a line count for each Morning Musume single, like how many lines are there in a song, not how many lines a member gets in a song?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think PH counts them but I don't think they're usually included in the lyric booklets.
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

In the spirit of Halloween I thought I would share this video because for some reason I think Halloween when I see this video. (I do have a question, but I am leading up to it')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg0aqSzJ_iU

Question: What was the song done a year or two ago by a Hello! Project group that had a major halloween theme? 
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I'm not sure what you mean by "Halloween theme"... are you referring to that zombie thing S/mileage did for an ad?

This one.
Last edited by kira on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

There's this one by C-ute.  It was from their musical in 2010.
<div> </div>
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

[quote="kira"]
I'm not sure what you mean by "Halloween theme"... are you referring to that zombie thing S/mileage did for an ad?

This one.
[/quote]
I used that for a lack of a better term. Which no it wasn't this. Sorry

[quote="NekoKai"]
There's this one by C-ute.  It was from their musical in 2010.
[/quote]
I think this may be it. I thought there was a PV or something for it though. Not sure. Thats why I asked you guys.
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

There's Cat's Eye by Cat's♥Eye 7 which is a group of four Berryz members and 3 C-ute members for a different musical.  The PV was released in August of last year.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

The only one I can think of that's technically close is C-ute's Hae Otoko....but that's strectching it a bit...
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Is the mini moni and double u albums still available for sell somewhere? I could only get the mini moni movie soundtrack and I wanted to know if Upfront still had the right to distribute them?
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

CD Japan appears to have some stuff.

W

Mini moni

I wouldn't know about distribution rights but I'd assume they continue to retain those, whether they'd bother to print more copies is another story altogether.
Last edited by kira on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="165791" data-time="1382850872">
CD Japan appears to have some stuff.

W

Mini moni

I wouldn't know about distribution rights but I'd assume they continue to retain those, whether they'd bother to print more copies is another story altogether.</blockquote>

Thank you tons, it's just what I wanted.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Question.

Single V's/Event V's, is it read as Event Five, or as Event V? I thought it was V, but someone on fb said Five, so.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Letter V.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Thank you, AI! For satisfying my curiosity. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Single V as 5? What? Were they stoned, drunk, one of the special people? It stands for Video.  :confused:
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I have no idea, Q, but you can never tell with people on facebook.