Morning Musume become Olympic Cheer Team for Sochi Olympics.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Morning Musume become Olympic Cheer Team for Sochi Olympics.

Post by Shoujo Q »

This is big news, so it deserves its own thread. [Amped from JPlop is credited for the videos and pictures.]

Morning Musume have been appointed the Olympics official "Nippon! Call Project Ambassadors" by the Japanese Olympic Comittee.
They will be cheering for the Japanese Olympic Team at the Winter 2014 Sochi Olympics. (They are standing with the hockey team.)

Official Website -> http://www.nipponcall.jp/cheer.html

Video 1/2/3

Tsunku will also be creating a cheer song for this. Stay tuned! :D
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Re: Morning Musume become Olympic Cheer Team for Sochi Olympics.

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

OMGOSH! THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! I'm so proud of MoMusu! <3
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

This is a big get! Obviously, the timing of MM's resurgence paired with their legacy made them a powerful choice. If this goes well, they could play a part in 2020 too.
Tsunku's in a high-pressure position here. If the cheer song is good enough, it could sell gangbusters, but it needs to be a good earworm. 
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

The question is though... how many will graduate by the time this happens. =3=
partypooperharu
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="165960" data-time="1383146504">The question is though... how many will graduate by the time this happens. =3=
partypooperharu</blockquote>
It's only 3 months away, so...
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

This is huge. Literally huge! I'm so happy for them I could cry if my tear ducts didn't dry up long ago.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

This is awesome for them!

Also...does this mean they get to go to Russia?  HI AI AM DUMB.

PS Japan has a hockey team?  How come when I was there for the 2006 winter olympics there was ZERO HOCKEY COVERAGE?!
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Haru" data-cid="165960" data-time="1383146504">
The question is though... how many will graduate by the time this happens. =3=
partypooperharu
</blockquote>

It's only 3 months away, so...

[/quote]

DERP I was thinking Tokyo. My bad!

[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't really get why this is awesome, but yay!!

Olympics get a lot of coverage, but will MM actually get a lot too? Or are they gonna randomly appear to introduce the team and never be seen again? I don't pay a lot of attention to the Olympics, so... Yeeah.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="165970" data-time="1383150221">PS Japan has a hockey team?  How come when I was there for the 2006 winter olympics there was ZERO HOCKEY COVERAGE?!</blockquote> 
They didn't make it past the qualifiers apparently: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hockey ... n">wiki</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="165974" data-time="1383151771">I don't really get why this is awesome, but yay!!

Olympics get a lot of coverage, but will MM actually get a lot too? Or are they gonna randomly appear to introduce the team and never be seen again? I don't pay a lot of attention to the Olympics, so... Yeeah.</blockquote>
They'll probably get coverage on national TV but nothing internationally. This isn't a channel theme song like I Wish was though, so it will be interesting to see how it gets promoted.
Last edited by Zoe on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Im going to pee my pants Im so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 weeks every 2 years all I do is watch the Olympics.  All day long.  Heck, I watch curling, which I would never watch except, ITS THE OLYMPICS.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Wow, I just read about this on Iikubo's blog and was totally confused about what she was talking about.  I didn't realize MM was getting so many huge, big profile jobs like that anymore.  Yay resurgence?!?!

They all look so cute on stage. Anyone going to download the app and call in?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

App is only available in Japan so if you got yourself access to the Japanese iTunes account, good luck with that. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

To access iTunes Japan do I just need to know Japanese or do you need a specific credit card or both? I use a debit card by the way. 
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Wow, that flame-letter thing is really clever. The commercial isn't too low-rent looking either. Hopefully it takes off!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

As far as I know you need a Japanese credit card or a Japanese iTunes card to access the store.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

They sell Japanese prepaid iTunes cards on jlist.com, but I don't know how that would work if you did not already have a Japanese itunes.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

So, if they're not doing the channel song, what is their song going to be used for? Are they just doing some sort of performance before the team comes out and then that's it?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="166112" data-time="1383342234">
So, if they're not doing the channel song, what is their song going to be used for? Are they just doing some sort of performance before the team comes out and then that's it?</blockquote>

Commercials most likely. Maybe press conferences in Japan. I wouldn't expect to actually see them in Sochi (well, maybe the older girls).
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

This isn't 100% on topic, but since this is the closest we have to an Olympics thread, and the Sochi Olympics are less than a month away, and the Japan Team's song by Morning Musume BBC's Official Sochi Olympics Trailer

This was revealed a day ago and is pretty cool. And is narrated by Charles Dance of [acronym='Game of Thrones']Alien 3[/acronym] fame which makes it double cool. I like Charles Dance. And it was created by Tomasz Baginski and Platige Image, the people who brought us, among all, the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs">Witcher games cinematics</a>, which makes it triple cool. Watch it.

I just had a revelation that <a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=6038">Tsunku's upcoming announcement</a> could have something to do with MM's involvement with the Olympics promotion, like actual appearances in Sochi. But I just came up with that now and have no idea how it checks out with the concert schedules and all. Someone look into it if you feel like.

Let's keep track of any MM-related Olympic info and media in this thread. I know that for once I will be trying to follow this sports event just for this reason, but I'm sure I'll miss out a lot.
Last edited by aine on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Olympics are the 6-23rd. H!P has concerts on the 1st, 11th, 15th and 16th.
I think a cheer song is mainly for people of Japan to get behind. They have no real season to be flying off to Russia, especially with security like it is. Best they stay here and keep themselves on TV so people can get to know their faces better if you ask me.