"What is Love?" with Morning Musume

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: "What is Love?" with Morning Musume

Post by Anderei »

Aside from the song being a mess, can we PLEASE talk about how fucking awful the choreo is?
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It was like crack swing head banging puppet side stepping.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I thought his concept for the song (it seems like swing mixed with electronica(?)) was interesting, but in the end, he didn't polish it enough. Ugh @ Riho solo, and I guess it'll be the Riho/Sakura/Masaki/Sayumi show now.... blech.

As for the choreo, it seemed like all they did were weird hand movements while hopping to the right. >>
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Here's a youtube version for those who dislike Youku.

It's fine till around the 2:20 mark and then it just sort of falls apart. 
This is all Riho/Masaki/Sayumi and I think Sakura? Did anyone else get some lines?
[/quote]
Well aside from the group lines, Erina, Haruna, Haruka, and Kanon each sang some of the 3 person group lines before the chorus. Ayumi and Mizuki had just as many lines as Riho, Maa, Sakura, and Sayu.

I liked it, I actually really liked the dance too.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

I actually think the song is really nice and comtinues in their new-found style.
The choreo is indeed a bit weird at moments. When they had their hand on their heads and move from side to side is a bit ridiculous, and the first line of the chorus... :/ xD

ANYWAY, I don't think this will be a single at all. It really screams b-side for me, something in the line of Hand Made City. 
But it's still great that they're getting this kind of promotion (plus de Sochi thing). If they comboine it all in their next single,  it could do even better than Wagamama! ^^
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Why is there so much hate for this song? :confused:   It has a fun dance, is upbeat, cute, has a positive message without being corny, everyone looks and sounds good, it fits with their sound without actually sounding like a previous song, etc.  The dance looks like it was choreographed with a live performance (ie. hand held mics) in mind.  I'm not a big fan of RoboMasaki, but other than that I really like it and I'm glad there's finally a full performance.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I like it a lot! It's pretty cute and catchy. Admittedly some of the choreo is a little intense / weird, and Riho's one solo line was kinda ugh ( though I assume it'll probably sound better in a recorded version, whenever that happens. ) But it's still fine by me otherwise!
props to NHK's translators, too, for doing an exponentially better job with the lyrics than H!P's YT channels usually do.
Last edited by Kalle on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
eljerry
Kenshuusei

Post by eljerry »

any idea why the public is not excited in the video.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="eljerry"]
any idea why the public is not excited in the video.
[/quote]
This was there first time hearing the song. Wota are always like that. It's very rare that we get to see the first performance if a song. When they tape for concerts it's always later so any new songs already have cheers and chants.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
bowbow0720
Kenshuusei

Post by bowbow0720 »

Isn't that the one which Tsuku asked for people's opinion on "What is happiness"? From the lyrics I don't see how he had incorporated people's idea into the song. He could have written the same thing without the "help" from others.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Tsunku wanted to try something different. And it was something that he was working with J-Melo for. J-Melo probably wanted it that way and so Tsunku "agreed" to do it that way then.
Formerly Mizura
fujii hina
Kenshuusei

Post by fujii hina »

[quote="Kalle"]
props to NHK's translators, too, for doing an exponentially better job with the lyrics than H!P's YT channels usually do.
[/quote]

NHK is an international cable channel and they have many bilingual Japanese working there. They specifically cater to the international audience and of course their aim is to make their programs linguistically accessible to all audiences whereas H!P's YT video translations, I think, were just meant to put something in the subtitles so that people would buy the CDs/DVDs because the subtitles ruin the videos .
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eljerry" data-cid="166271" data-time="1383620471">any idea why the public is not excited in the video.</blockquote>
Because all your posts here stink.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

giggled irl

also in their defense I wouldn't be excited either.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

If anyone is interested in, here is the link on YouTube of the complete show.
Campy <3 !