S/mileage 15th Single - ee ka!? /「ii yatsu 」

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: S/mileage 15th Single - ee ka!? /「ii yatsu 」

Post by Anderei »

Small covers.

I'm so conflicted. Do I get LE C because it looks super cute and Kana is center or do I save my money and get the Regular, which also looks great and doesn't have me wasting 7 bucks on an MV? TURMOIL.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I like all of these covers! My favourites would have to be regular and Lim. C. Limited D reminds me a bit too much of Berryz last single.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Limited C is definitely my favorite of the bunch.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I find Regular one really nice but Limited C is the nicest original one for me.
Campy <3 !
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="Saya"]
Ee ka reminds me of Melon Kinenbi.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="167324" data-time="1385147110">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Banana" data-cid="167320" data-time="1385143997">
<div>
They performed ii yatsu (around 38:56) during the Satoyama/Satoumi event. Meimi lost her voice (or something of that nature), so she wasn't able to sing. 
[/quote]

MEIMI! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm not really all that surprised that someone else lost their voice, but I did not ever think in ten millions years it'd be Meimi, just because she seems to be so stable when singing.

</div>
</blockquote>

Or maybe she got sick earlier? It is cold season, I've lost my voice 2 times in the past month because of colds.
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, that's it. 
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdFaMJvdMf4
10:25 new MV
 I love the grown-up atmosphere of this song so much! Smileage seems to be one step ahead of Juice=Juice this time: both songs they release are so good! And I love it that they don't sound squeaky, especially Ayaka and Kanon who often sound squeaky (I was so terrified of Ayaka in Samui ne even though I like that song), probably because this song doesn't have many high notes. But I have the feeling they re-use the setting in Aitai lonely chrismas for this MV. Girls sitting dumbly at the table and such....
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

The intro and coda remind me a lot of Give me Ai.  Kanyon's pink dress stands out, but in a bad way, which is unfortunate since it's really cute, but maybe someone else should have had a little pink on their top or something.  The PV's well made, but simple.  I love the contrast between the fun Ee ka!? and the dramatic "Ii Yatsu", and I really like this as a "sound" for S/mileage, that they still get fun/energetic songs, but that they also get the "high school" songs now that C-ute's getting "college" songs.  I also like the dramatic dancing.  Ayaka's got attitude in this and is the embodiment of a z-snap.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Meimei is officially my favorite, Ee Ka!? solidified that. I love it more than ii yatsu. I love the outfits in ii yatsu but the song pretty much put me to sleep. Not so much the lyrics but the instrumental. Ii yatsu sounds like a better than adverage B-side and not a single.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Large HQ covers!

Image     Image   

Image     Image

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Regular is my favorite, but they all look nice.  A is slightly creepy, but they're also old enough that it's not that bad.  Is there some way to find out who does the covers?
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

C is still my bias, but the Regular edition looks really good too.

Wonder how many wota will get A.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I like C, regular and D. C definitely looks the best though.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I actually like A the best, then C. Oddly enough.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Maybe it's because I'm not attached to these girls, but Lim A is sexy as hell. First time I'm not creeped out by a shot like that in H!P. Now I will pretend everyone is over 18 so I don't feel like a pedophile.

I just wanted to pop in and say this single is amazing. I love both songs, though I think Ii Yatsu's lyrics are winning me over a bit more. It's kind of nice to have an idol song about something other than cute puppy love--at least on the girl's end. I'm kind of impressed with S/mileage lately.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

The regular edition and limited B & D covers are my favourites which is a pain because I like to buy the CD with the cover that promotes my favourite A-side and I don't like Ii Yatsu but I don't like the covers promoting Ee Ka?! as much but I love Ee Ka?! I'm fussy :lol:

Ee Ka?! 
I love it! The lyrics are motivational, the instrumental is amazing, their outfits aren't actually as bad as some fans make them out to be and even though there wasn't much to the MV the girls energy and overall performance made up for it :)

Ii Yatsu
The only thing I like about Ii Yatsu are the outfits and the girls vocals.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ninki:

4 - 45.40 スマイレージ ええか!?/「良い奴」

I am worried because they really dropped the ball promo-wise this time. I wasn't expecting another Yattaruchan Campaign but I was still hoping for a bit more than it got.

Also, I ordered this and they STILL haven't announced what the external bonus is.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

They just announced bonus posters for it on twitter.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Charted at Positon #5. Position #3 was preordered at about 20,000.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Not as bad as it could've been considering most of the events were scheduled post-release date.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

WTF with the low sales and all? Why isn't Smileage being promoted more? They have some awesome songs.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Number 5 isn't that bad. They're still going to be top 10.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

#5 isn't bad, but the amount they sold in relation to that number isn't very good. Considering they also had the box set release. Though as a whole it wasn't a very stellar release.

They came in at #3 today with 11,215, a little better. Hope they can keep steady and get above #5 for the week.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

Nice. Hopefully, the first week sales will be the same as usual. I'm getting sick of seeing people on the other forums panic and start complaining that 6-member S/mileage isn't cutting it. 
Last edited by Banana on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Unlike other singles, it doesn't look like this one has the multiple b-sides that almost all other HP singles have, which pretty much makes multiple versions completely pointless and give no reason to buy them other than for the covers.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It didn't. They're counting on people wanting those MVs on all the editions. I wish they'd bring back the covers as b-sides.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

There's no point in really getting the limited edition unless you really want the MV, Hello! Project's MVs don't stand out much and are kinda boring after a while for the most part. And you can just watch them on YouTube for free. Looking at the MV views on eeka!? and "Ii Yatsu" they don't really have much compared to some of their other singles.

And also the single got #3 today, selling about 11,000 copies. From what I've seen people aren't too satified with these results.
Formerly Mizura
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="Mizura"]
And also the single got #3 today, selling about 11,000 copies. From what I've seen people aren't too satified with these results.
[/quote]

Shoujo Q already posted that. And 11k is a really good second day.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Mizura"]
There's no point in really getting the limited edition unless you really want the MV, Hello! Project's MVs don't stand out much and are kinda boring after a while for the most part. And you can just watch them on YouTube for free. Looking at the MV views on eeka!? and "Ii Yatsu" they don't really have much compared to some of their other singles.

[/quote]

They only got uploaded two weeks ago and each have over 100,000 views.  I think the MVs you can buy don't have subs, which means people can get better pictures and such.

I don't know what people are unsatisfied about, these results are good, they're obviously not going to get the same number of sales as MM or C-ute yet, but they can get more to around Berryz's level, and that's what they're doing.  We'll see after it's been a week, but they'll at least have around the number of sales as their last single.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You're right about them not having subs. The LE DVDs don't even come with an option for subs. And considering a lot of the wota apparently were really annoyed by the subs, that's probably one of the reasons they started doing it.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Currently, I feel that they probably could have sold about 20,000 copies as of now after 2 days. Yesterday was preorder results and they always tend to sell more then. 

I just  want the end of the week to come so I'll know.
Formerly Mizura