2013 Year End MM-BBS Review

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

2013 Year End MM-BBS Review

Post by Shoujo Q »

Nixing the H!P Awards this year. Too much work with very little payout. Instead, enjoy a questionnaire! You can either fill it out as best overall or by each group. 

• Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?)
  • Best and Worst Single of the Year?
  • Best and Worst Music Video of the Year?
  • Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!)
  • Something that surprised you in a good way?
  • Something that disappointed you or shocked you?
  • Most improved members of the year?
  • Who was the ace this year?
  • Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about?
  • Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed?
  • What would you like to see happen in 2014?
  • What would you not like to see happen in 2014?
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: 2013 Year End MM-BBS Review

Post by momoirosaya »

• Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?) Best: Morning Musume  Worst: Berryz Koubou
  • Best and Worst Single of the Year? Best: Brainstorming/KimiSae Worst: Crazy Kanzen Otona (for some reason I just didn't like that song...haven't listened to it in a while though, so maybe I just didn't give it time to grow on me)
  • Best and Worst Music Video of the Year? Best: Jurin's Hotaru song Worst: Ten Made Nobore haha it was because of Aina leaving I know... :(
  • Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!) S/mileage's 2nd album was da bomb
  • Something that surprised you in a good way? JJ being formed! Mizuki AND Haruna both becoming sub-leaders.
  • Something that disappointed you or shocked you? Aina leaving JJ right before their major debut T___T
  • Most improved members of the year?  S/mileage's Kanana
  • Who was the ace this year? Sakura! She has been a great asset to MM vocally!
  • Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about? The DVD magazines this year were pretty fun
  • Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed? Reina's grad concert made me happy because they sang Shabondama!!
  • What would you like to see happen in 2014? New girls in MM towards the end of the year (hopeflly both Kenshuusei and new girls) and Sayu graduate (as much as I love her)
  • What would you not like to see happen in 2014? Kenshuusei increase, but no one debuts
rikako♡eripon♡airi
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

• Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?)
Outstanding: S/mileage - their album, their concert, their singles :wub:
Disappointing: Juice=Juice - remixes, boring singles (I don't like any of their post-indies), relatively boring PVs.
Best: Wagamama ki no Mama Ai no Joke/Ai no Gundan
Worst: Ijiwaru Shinaide Dakishimete yo/Hajimete wo Keikenchuu
Best: MM Ai no Gundan
Worst: Berryz Golden Chinatown.
  • Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!)
2 Smile Sensation - easily my favorite album this year.
C-ute's releases (I've always liked them but they were really great this year), and how well they sold this year ^_^
Mano's graduation :(
Kana!
Meimi!
  • Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about?
S/mileage Live Tour 2012 Aki ~Choi Kawa Banchou~, I was obsessed with this concert.
MM on MS! Also in general I really like that they've been showing concert performances on H!S!
MM making it to Kouhaku! but I guess in general more TV appearances for H!P
The end of H!P
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

• Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?) Best group: Morning Musume, Worst group: ...AGGGHH. Berryz?
  • Best and Worst Single of the Year? Best Single: Wagamama/Gundan, Worst Single: Crazy Kanzen na Otona. The single itself I like, but the B-sides = blah.
  • Best and Worst Music Video of the Year? Best: I'll go for Hajimete wo Keikenjuu, Worst: Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta
  • Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!) Hrm. I'll go for S/mileage's 2nd album.
  • Something that surprised you in a good way? Juice=Juice, definitely, but also Riho starting to improve her voice.
  • Something that disappointed you or shocked you? Aina's leaving. Although I didn't care for her voice, it's just so sad she left right before their debut.
  • Most improved members of the year? Hm. Kana.
  • Who was the ace this year? Sakura, of course.
  • Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about? No.
  • Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed? Well, I watched the Michishige Eleven concert and liked it a lot~
  • What would you like to see happen in 2014? Sayu's graduation, Riho (and MM itself) getting better voice lessons, at least a girl or two for MM
  • What would you not like to see happen in 2014? Nothing, really.
So.

Me and Saya are apparently brain twins, it looks like.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
So.

Me and Saya are apparently brain twins, it looks like.

[/quote]

Woo! :thumbsup:

rikako♡eripon♡airi
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year.
Best: MoMusu! They've come so far this year :)
Worst: Berryz.
Best and Worst Single of the Year?
Best: Ijiwaru Shinai de Dakishimete yo! I absolutely love both the music and lyrics :)
Worst: Most of Berryz singles.
Best and Worst Music Video of the Year?
Best: Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke! Definitely one of the best H!P MV's in recent years :) 
Worst: Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai
Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin?
Apart from MoMusu's album I haven't heard any of the other so I'll get back to you :)
Something that surprised you in a good way?
MoMusu on Music Station and Juice=Juice successful debut :) 
Something that disappointed you or shocked you?
Aina leaving Juice=Juice just before their debut and Tsunku's most recent stupid decision lol 
Most improved members of the year?
Sayu! Since she became leader she has really upped her game :)
Who was the ace this year?
Sakura of course! Her voice is amazing :)
Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about?
The "Help-T" lol
Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed?
MoMusu, C-ute and Berryz performing at Budokan! MoMusu's was the best because it was a Budokan concert that wasn't a graduation :)
What would you like to see happen in 2014?
MoMusu performing at Kohaku, more great singles from MoMusu and Juice=Juice and a new soloist (preferably one that doesn't sound like Erina) :) 
What would you not like to see happen in 2014?
More ugly outfits on Berryz.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year.
Best: S/mileage
Worst: Berryz.
Best: Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke
Worst: Golden Chinatown
Best: Yattaruchan
Worst: Actually, all of them were better than the past.

Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin?
S/mileage's 2 Smile Sensation.

Berryz at the Budokan.

MORNING MUSUME '14

Nakanishi Kana

Sakura and Ayumi

Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about?
Miyabi's photobook

CHANCE was pretty amazing, sans the ugly as shit card suit costumes.

New soloist, another H!P member or group visiting overseas.

Berryz be swept under the rug.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I can only answer a few.
  • Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?) C-ute has always been my favorite group. Juice=Juice: disappointing because they had such amazing pre-debut song but the quality of their songs declines afterwards. Such a shame because I love the group.
  • Best and Worst Single of the Year? Best: Hotaru no Hi by Juri. Worse:Momusu's Don't want anything but you (aka  two thousand people on the dancefloor)
  • Best and Worst Music Video of the Year? Best: Juice=Juice's Samidare....with Aina in it. Worse: Berryz's Chinatown.
  • Something that surprised you in a good way?    Juice=Juice debut
  • Something that disappointed you or shocked you?    Aina left Juice=Juice....too shocked.
  • Most improved members of the year?    Masaki
  • Who was the ace this year?   Meimi
  • What would you like to see happen in 2014?      Juice=Juice songs get better
  • What would you not like to see happen in 2014?    C-ute's graduation
Last edited by smtmissin on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Best: Morning Musume
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Worst: C-ute
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Best and Worst Single of the Year?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Best: Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke/ Ai no Gundan
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Worst: Tokai no Hitorigurashi
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Best and Worst Music Video of the Year?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Best: Wagama Ki no mama Ai no Joke
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Worst: None, really.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Morning Musume The Best ~Updated~. I'm biased.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Something that surprised you in a good way?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Juice=Juice's positive reception
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Something that disappointed you or shocked you?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">The MM. name change.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Most improved members of the year?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Sayashi Riho
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Who was the ace this year?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Sayashi Riho
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Sayashi Riho's new Photobook
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Chance was over all awesome, just that one little defect...
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">What would you like to see happen in 2014?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">No idea, really.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">What would you not like to see happen in 2014?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">No idea for this, either.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">I'm not good at these types of things.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

• Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?) Best: Morning Musume, Juice=Juice Worst: Berryz Koubou, Juice=Juice, (Aina leaving and I don't like their new single)
  • Best and Worst Single of the Year? Best: Help me!!, Adam to Eve no Dilemna  Worst: Golden Chinatown
  • Best and Worst Music Video of the Year? Ten made Nobore! (there was nothing, and the Kenshuusei video wasn't memorable), Golden Chinatown
  • Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!) S/mileages 2nd album, Wolf Boy
  • Something that surprised you in a good way? Juice=Juice
  • Something that disappointed you or shocked you? Morning Musume 14, Aina leaving
  • Most improved members of the year?  Nakanishi Kana
  • Who was the ace this year? Sakura
  • Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed? Riho sounding like Shit in almost every live.
  • What would you like to see happen in 2014? Aina coming back, 12th generation, Kaneko Rie debuting, Riho not singing as much
Formerly Mizura
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I still have a lot to catch up on this year. From what I saw, I think they all did well this year, but especially Morning Musume and S/mileage, with Riho, Ayumi and Mizuki excelling in the former, and Kanon and Meimi being standouts in the latter. The jury's still out for me on Juice=Juice, but I'm hopeful.

I haven't liked many of the recent singles, though. No one seems to be writing good songs for the girls anymore. And I'm not crazy about those special units: Satoyama and the other one whose name I don't recall. It's nice to see the girls mix and match in special units, but the reason should be exceptional material that demands such an approach, not some vague concept of getting back to the land or environmental awareness or whatever motivated these units. (They did that a few years ago with the "Help!!!" musical, which I daresay was a low point in MM's history, if you ask me.) Please! Leave the do-gooding to Angelina Jolie, Sean Penn and Bono. It's much easier for me to ignore them

One question: who are the solo artists in H!P these days? Are there any left, now that Erina Mano is gone? Is that skinny kid with the keyboard an official H!P solo artist yet? (Asahi Tasaki or something.)

I'd like to see more solos by the group members in 2014. Esp. Chisato. And Risako. And of the MM girls, Sakura and Riho. And from S/mileage: Kanon and Meimi. 

Last edited by Madara on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

• Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?) Best: Berryz, Worst: C-ute (But everyone was pretty close!)
  • Best and Worst Single of the Year? Best: Rock Erotic, Worst: Kono Machi
  • Best and Worst Music Video of the Year? Best: Rock Erotic, Worst: Crazy Kanzen na Otona
  • Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!) S/Mileage 2!
  • Something that surprised you in a good way? Kana being the focus of Yattaruchan.  Also how awesome J=J turned out to be
  • Something that disappointed you or shocked you? No 12th gen, Aina's resignation
  • Most improved members of the year? Kana, Haruna (I can watch her dance without cringing now!)
  • Who was the ace this year? Sakura! <3<3<3
  • Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about? The Warera Jeanne play seemed awesome
  • Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed?  Obviously I cannot wait to see Berryz at Budoukan
  • What would you like to see happen in 2014? More Sakura and Risako, a turn away from the EDM and formation dance formula
  • What would you not like to see happen in 2014? More updated versions of MM songs, any graduations or disbandings
<p style="margin:0px;"> 
<p style="margin:0px;">There, is my bias showing?
Last edited by yuzuriha on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

Most outstanding and most disappointing group of the Year? (Which group was the best and which was the worst?)​
°C-ute for best. Berryz for worst, probably. 

Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke / Ai no Gundan for best. Golden Chinatown / Sayonara Usotsuki no Watashi for worst.

Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke for best. Kono Machi for worst. 

Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!)
② Smile Sensation, easily. 

Aina leaving Juice=Juice. I felt bad for her, but she was the most used after Karin despite being the worst (by far) of the main four singers and that was annoying. 

No 12th gen. I was hoping they would get another strong singer (especially one that was popular with the fans) so that I would hear less of Sayumi/Masaki/Riho/Ayumi. 

I can't think of anyone.

Sakura. Or Meimi.

Miyabi's photobook.

The Airi/Sakura/Meimi/Kanon Gatamekira performance was awesome.

Juice=Juice album. Maybe a new kenshuusei unit. 12th generation (preferably with just two members).

I guess Sayumi graduating. 
Last edited by Banana on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

The thought of researching what all the releases in all categories in a given year were so I could give educated answers always overwhelmed me, which is why I almost never participated in the Awards thing. But I'll do my best because Q deserves to feel rewarded. =3=

Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?)

Best: Morning Musume
Worst: Buono! Where's my Buono!?
Worst: Berryz, because they have the looks, the have the skills, yet all their recent songs are forgettable uninspired J-pop droning.

Best: Morning Musume - Brainstorming
Best: Juice=Juice - Watashi ga Iu Mae etc.
Worst: Berryz - Golden Chinatown. Or anything by Berryz really.

Best: Morning Musume - Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke
Worst: don't have time to re-watch everything.

Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!)

Lovendor - Lovendor Cover The Rock. This one surprisingly grew on me.

Morning Musume continuing to be awesome.
That the Updated album actually makes sense.
Tasaki Asahi's skill and awesomeness, why wasn't I informed of her before.

Stupid pointless decisions like changing the H!P logo or MM name.
J=J major debut song being rather lacklustre.
Sayu's new PB being just bikini fodder.

They're all awesome.

Tasaki Asahi, I never realized how much she rocked out before.
Tamura Meimi, something is just too cute about her.

The 10/Musume campaign.

The one I went to, because nothing beats the real thing.
MM at Budoukan, because they damn well deserved it.
Of actual physical releases, they're doing the right thing with the concert Blu Rays.

MM continuing to own the charts.
Breaking the 500k mark.
Fucking Kouhaku.
And a full-scale live in Europe (anywhere but France).

Sayu graduating.
Anyone else graduating or being added.
Stupid fucking numbers stuck to the Morning Musume name.
Morning Musume changing their musical style.
Last edited by aine on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<ul class="bbc">[*]Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?)

Best: S/mileage

Worst: Juice=Juice[*]Best and Worst Single of the Year?

Best: Atarashii Watashi ni Nare

Worst: The most recent JJ song. Forgot the title.[*]Best and Worst Music Video of the Year?

Best: Nothing really stands out

Worst: Golden Chinatown I guess[*]Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!)

S/mileage had the best one by far. C-ute's and MM's were equally boring and terrible.[*]Something that surprised you in a good way?

Can't think of anything.[*]Something that disappointed you or shocked you?

Morning Musume sort of dissapointed me a lot this year.[*]Most improved members of the year?

I think Haruna's gotten a lot better at dancing. Kana performs a lot better as well.[*]Who was the ace this year?

Meimi[*]Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about?

I don't think so.[*]Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed?

Some of the summer shuffle performances were really good.[*]What would you like to see happen in 2014?

S/mileage to continue their streak of releasing awesome music.[*]What would you not like to see happen in 2014?

Morning Musume to just do everything how they did it this year. The fact that all their media is dominated either by people I don't care for or voices that are really annoying made me lose a lot of love for them.[/list]
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?)

Best: Morning Musume and Juice=Juice

Worst: Iiiiii dooooonnn'ttt knooooow. C-ute I guess? They didn't really excite me much and I don't necessarily care for them as much as I should anyway.

Best: Romance no Tochuu, Brainstorming / Kimi Sae

Worst: Kono Machi. Snooze.

Best: All the Satoumi videos! They were fun and fit the themes of the songs well.

Worst: Golden Brothelto -- er, Chinatown

I didn't really pay attention to the album releases as a whole. I do think that Wolf Boy deserved to be on an actual album though.

Juice=Juice in general, they're a lot better than I initially gave them credit for.

Zukki getting a lot of positive reception from media outlets! Girl deserves it.

Morning Musume '14 more like DUUUUUUMB

The Viva! / Bravo! home video releases not having as many OG performances on them as they were supposed to

Kana, if only because she actually got me to pay attention to her haha. Did she become Super Yattaruchan yet?

Oda/Tamura 2014

Caaaaan't really think of anything.

I'm with Banana, that Gatamekira performance was basically the most magical thing on Earth. MM's Music Station performance was also pretty fun ( at least the Happy Summer Wedding half! )

ZUKKI. LEAD. SINGLE. PLEASE.

Sayu graduating. Please wait until I can afford to see it myself ;;

12th gen additions, give the current lineup more time to grow!

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="167895" data-time="1386348480">
One question: who are the solo artists in H!P these days? Are there any left, now that Erina Mano is gone? Is that skinny kid with the keyboard an official H!P solo artist yet? (Asahi Tasaki or something.)
</blockquote>

Technically Aika is still listed as a soloist on H!P's website, but she hasn't put out any solo material ( or any material, period, since those GREEN FIELDS songs ) so ... no.

Asahi is with Up-Front but not H!P, AFAIK.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Kalle"]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="167895" data-time="1386348480">
</blockquote>

Technically Aika is still listed as a soloist on H!P's website, but she hasn't put out any solo material ( or any material, period, since those GREEN FIELDS songs ) so ... no.

Asahi is with Up-Front but not H!P, AFAIK.
[/quote]

Thanks.  So this means an amendment to my post:

More solo artists!
Last edited by Madara on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Answering Now~

Technically this was the year of C-ute, they finally got some great payoff, but I'm giving it to Morning Musume for coming back from the dead. 

Worst is a tie between Berryz Koubou and S/mileage. While C-ute and Morning Musume were having their epic break out, these two groups felt like back burner 2nds in Tsunku's single trash bin. S/mileage didn't even get a real concert like the other groups either.  

Best Singles

Morning Musume - Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke / Ai no Gundan

Juice=Juice - Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne

Worst Singles 

C-ute - Kono Machi

Berryz Koubou - Golden Chinatown / Sayonara Usotsuki no Watashi

<b> </b>
Best Music Video - C-ute - Tokai no Hitorigurashi / Morning Musume - Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke / Ai no Gundan
Worst Music Video - C-ute - Kono Machi / Berryz Koubou - Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta

I didn't think any of them stood out. Though if I had to pick one, S/mileage.

Morning Musume's return to Music Station, Multiple Groups going to Budokan, and the formation of Juice=Juice.

Aina leaving Juice=Juice. Morning Musume name change. H!P Logo change. No 2014 calendars. Mari's scandal.

Haruna getting better at her dancing. Kana got better all around and Berryz as a whole starting to show more of themselves and working with the younger members.

Sakura, Meimi showing us why Tsunku chose them.

Miyabi finally released another photobook!

C-ute and Berryz singing Ganbacchae!, Shabondama performed at Reina's graduation concert.

Less Riho in my Morning Musume. Someone kicking Tsunku in the ass so he and UF will drop that stupid number idea, An arena or dome H!P concert. Another H!P colab song. Either a new Trainee group or More shuffles!

No graduations! A decline in Musume popularity because of this stupid name change. 

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

• Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?): Momusu definitely had the best year in 2013.  For worst, it had to be Berryz...though I hope that'll change
  • Best and Worst Single of the Year?: Wagamama Ki no Ai no Joke/Ai no Gundan and worst is Kono Machi (though I didn't like Hotaru Matsuri no Hi either).
  • Best and Worst Music Video of the Year?: Ai no Gundan, Aitte Motto Zanshin, and Yattaruchan....for worst...Kono Machi, Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai, and Asian Celebration
  • Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!): Going the cheap way and saying Petit Best 14
  • Something that surprised you in a good way?: Formation of Juice=Juice, KSS being more promoted, Triple good things happened for Momusu, Meimi xD
  • Something that disappointed you or shocked you?: '14....really?  Though Aina's departure is a big one, and learning Jang was actually still in H!P though left as well.
  • Most improved members of the year?: Kanana, Meimi, Fukuchan
  • Who was the ace this year?: Meimi for sure!
  • Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about?: Not really xD
  • Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed?: Too many to remember right now XD
  • What would you like to see happen in 2014?: A new KSS group announced, 12 gen, a little more investment on Berryz, Juice=Juice and C-ute continuing on this parade of awesomeness.
  • What would you not like to see happen in 2014?: Graduations, a year with no problems.
Nicky
つばきファクトリー

Post by Nicky »

• Most outstanding and most disappointed group of the Year. (Which group was the best and which was the worst?) Best: Morning Musume Worst: Berryz Koubou
  • Best and Worst Single of the Year? Best: Wagamama ki no Mama ai no joke, Ai tte motto zanshin, Brainstorming and Ai no Gundan. Worst: Kono Machi
  • Best and Worst Music Video of the Year? Best: Wagamama ki no mama ai no joke. Worst: Ten made nobore
  • Album of the Year? Who got the best throw away songs from Tsunku's trash bin? (Or Rank them!) Petit best 14
  • Something that surprised you in a good way? Triple 1 for Momusu!
  • Something that disappointed you or shocked you? The panty shots in ee ka - s/mileage.
  • Most improved members of the year? Mizuki, Ayumi
  • Who was the ace this year? Riho
  • Any non single/album releases that came out this year that you were excited about? What is Love - Morning musume
  • Any performance or concert released that made you happy or disappointed? UNhappy that after Reina graduating, Kanon and Haruka still didn't get a chance for some good concert solos.
  • What would you like to see happen in 2014? Solo lines for Kanon, Haruka and Eripon! Also a shuffle unit with Kanon S., Meimi, Risako, Chisato and Maimi in it.
  • What would you not like to see happen in 2014? Sayu graduating
Last edited by Nicky on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Best : Morning Musume.  Worst : ...Berryz Kobo (I like them but, to me, they didn't release as good singles as the other groups)

Best : Help me!! - Brainstorming /
    Tokai no Hitorigurashi  Worst : I like all singles released this year :3

Best : Hajimete wo Keiken chuu  Worst : Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta

After some listenings The Best! Updated was good but I never really like Best Album so let's say Petit Best 14.

Triple first rank of Momusu's singles in Oricon classification, °C-ute and Berryz at the Budokan and °C-ute's concert in Paris (& handshake)

I would have prefered Duu's push forward instead of Masaki's one...  Morning Musume. name's change, no 2014 calendars and Mari's scandal the day of Reina's graduation !

Ayumi & Meimi

Sakura !

What is Love is the only one I think of..

Michishige ELEVEN SOUL was really good in my opinion (especially Shabondama)
    & H!P Winter 2013 (I didn't watch concerts of other groups to be honest x) )

Increasement of Momusu's popularity & of every groups in H!P too

A fairier distribution of lines in Momusu (I love Riho seriously but she's in a group, so Tsunku should make everyone sing)

H!P's comeback in Paris (Morning Musume. if possible :3)

New fans' puzzlement because of Morning Musume name's change
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Remember Uta Doki Pop Classics? Remember that album from 2009 where the girls were in special units and sung classic Japanese pop songs? It had this title:

Hello! Project Champloo: Happy Marriage Song Shuu

That's what I'd like to see in 2014, something along these lines tailored to the new girls, who, as far as I can tell, haven't had the chance to do studio recordings of classic songs.

Last edited by Madara on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Just so you know Madara. Sayumi, Mizuki, Riho and Sakura will be singing some old school classics from 50 years past on the Japan Billboard Music Awards. They'll be on next Sunday. So look forward to that. (Songs are Go-Kart TwistWatashi no baby (Please let Sakura sing most of this!) and Kanashiki kangaroo.(Japanese ver.)) For additional reasons to watch, it's also the 50th anniversary of Ue o Muite Arukō aka "Sukiyaki". So I'm sure that's going to show up in the broadcast. It's mentioned in the billboard article.

Sorry for derailing the thread. Fangasm over.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Just so you know Madara. Sayumi, Mizuki, Riho and Sakura will be singing some old school classics from 50 years past on the Japan Billboard Music Awards. They'll be on next Sunday. So look forward to that. (Songs are Go-Kart TwistWatashi no baby (Please let Sakura sing most of this!) and Kanashiki kangaroo.(Japanese ver.)) For additional reasons to watch, it's also the 50th anniversary of Ue o Muite Arukō aka "Sukiyaki". So I'm sure that's going to show up in the broadcast. It's mentioned in the billboard article.
Sorry for derailing the thread. Fangasm over.
[/quote]

Awesome. Will that be something I'll be able to get at my local Japanese video store the week after?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

That I don't know. But if I find the whole show online, I'll let you know.
hoshi
Kenshuusei

Post by hoshi »

• Most outstanding: Morning Musume; Most disappointing: Berryz
    • Best: Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke/Ai no Gundan; Worst: Kono Machi
    • Best: Tokai no Hitogurashi; Worst: Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita
    • I'm gonna pass. I didn't really pay attention to the albums.
    • Kanazawa Tomoko having such a nice voice.
    • Suzuki Kanon gaining some positive media attention.
    • Otsuka Aina leaving Juice=Juice before their major debut.
    • Miyazaki Yuka: she looks so much more comfortable now compared to Boys Be Ambitious
    • Sakura & Meimi
    • Not that I can think of.
    • The Happy Summer Wedding/Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke on Music Station
    • Suzuki Kanon to get more lines.
    • More equal lines distribution in Morning Musume in general. They did it in the past. They can do it again, and I don't count a syllable as a line.
    • Tanabe Nanami, Murota Mizuki, and Kaga Kaede to debut. Oh and Hamaura Ayano too because she's adorable.
    • More shuffle groups. Specifically, I kind of want to see Maimi and Tomoko paired off.
    • While I'm wishfully thinking, could I get a group comprised of Zukki, Sakura, Meimi, and Sayuki?
    • Oh, and if Rikako debuts, pairing her up with Haruka would be interesting.
    • Continued success for Hello! Project.
    • For the Morning Musume 14 name to continue for very long.
    • Any graduations from Morning Musume other than Sayumi (not that I want her to go; it is inevitable at some point, though)