The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote name='showraniy' timestamp='1368902335' post='152144']

When are they going back to Korea? That's a lot of Japanese releases already.

[/quote]

IGAB was primarily a Korean song.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

They just promoted in Korea in January though. Also Tiffany apparently mentioned a possible TTS comeback.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
ellie
Kenshuusei

Post by ellie »

I'm enjoying their Japanese stuff way more than their Korean stuff lately. A lot of people I know really hated Flower Power and Beep Beep, but I loved them both. That and Paparazzi. I just checked out Love & Girls and this one jives with me right of the bat too. For a lot of their stuff, I hate it at first but after listening to it a couple of times it starts to grow on me. I'm also a sucker for bright colors.
[right]twitter last.fm[/right]
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Oh, right. Damn, I totally forgot about IGAB, lol. Paparazzi wasn't bad after a few listens. I didn't mind Flower Power, but the chorus ruined the song, dance and melody-wise. I hate when that happens considering it started off very strong.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

The dance version is out:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ex1YkDX ... YkDXelo</a>
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

There's a new Japanese single coming up called "Galaxy Supernova" and Taeyeon made a pic of her outift of it:
<a href="http://instagram.com/p/ddpxKwH_tB/#">ht ... wH_tB/#</a>

<a href="http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/08/ ... >According to Allkpop</a> it's coming out on September 18th.

Hype ? Not so much, unless it's Paparazzi-tier or even better.

If you look at their <a href="http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls%E2%8 ... ">released MVs history</a>, it's apparent that all they've done the last 1,5 years are promotion and concerts all the time, not releasing new and interesting stuff...
Since April 2011 (Mr. Taxi) they've only released one new song as a whole group that I really liked.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

Generic-sounding song; cringeworthy line deliveries from Jessica, Sunny, and Yuri; lazy and uninspired video; boring choreography.

Say what you will about its trainwreck qualities, I would rather have more IGABs rather than stuff like this or Love & Girls.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="moralar"]
Generic-sounding song; cringeworthy line deliveries from Jessica, Sunny, and Yuri; lazy and uninspired video; boring choreography.

Say what you will about its trainwreck qualities, I would rather have more IGABs rather than stuff like this or Love & Girls.
[/quote]

I think the song is better than IGAB or Love & girls, but the IGAB MV clearly is more interesting and it's also not too bad live.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Rumored SNSD comeback in October:

After rumors of a potential <b>Girls' Generation</b> comeback, Korean chart monitoring site <b>Instiz</b> may have shed some more light on their possible return.

Earlier today, the official Twitter account of <b>Instiz</b> wrote: "<i>Girls' Generation's new album to be released in October</i>".
Along with this tweet was a link to a page that had a realtime countdown timer that ends on Halloween, October 31.

Keep in mind that there have been previous revelations by Instiz that an artist' would be returning on a certain date, only to have it changed by the official label.
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;"> </div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;"> </div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;">I just need them to end this era of suck that's been going on for the past year and half or so.</div>

Last edited by Anderei on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Super bump.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/04/showbiz/youtube-awards-girls-generation/

I kind of forgot about SNSD but they won some award at the first You Tube awards for "I got a boy."  Apparently there was dead silence when they were announced because no one knew who they were (mostly American audience).  I would have cheered! 

One of the girls raised in the US gave the acceptance speech.

It was my first SNSD video in a while. They are so cute, I forgot how much I liked them. 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="166246" data-time="1383597261">One of the girls raised in the US gave the acceptance speech.</blockquote>
That's Tiffany. lol

Here's the acceptance speech, if you want to watch it (I didn't see it linked in the CNN article):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bbZHY76J3Q

I just keep checking Taeyeonism every now and then, because they haven't really done much musicaly lately. At least no interesting things imho.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="166249" data-time="1383598505">
[..] because they haven't really done much musicaly lately.
</blockquote>

FUCKING WOW

The day I write this, they release a new Music Video HAHA

"My oh my"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQy54gw-pls
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="eri"]
Super bump.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/04/showbiz/youtube-awards-girls-generation/

I kind of forgot about SNSD but they won some award at the first You Tube awards for "I got a boy."  Apparently there was dead silence when they were announced because no one knew who they were (mostly American audience).  I would have cheered! 

One of the girls raised in the US gave the acceptance speech.

It was my first SNSD video in a while. They are so cute, I forgot how much I liked them. 
[/quote]

...and all hell broke loose.  One channel I watch on YT remarked that they were surprised that GG won over Justin Bieber, One Direction, Lady Gaga, etc.  

They are still getting comments about being racist talent haters.  Them GG fans are rabid.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="pandapanda"]
Them GG fans are rabid.
[/quote]

You mean just like the Bieber etc. fans ? ;)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

If there is any SNSD single I would never give an award to, it's IGAB. But the awards were vote-based, I think.

Also, "My Oh My" sounds like a reject from the Oh! album. And apparently it's just a digital single to get ready for another Japanese album.

I really wish they'd spend more time in Korea. A lot of their Japanese stuff has been really sup-bar.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="166280" data-time="1383650041">
<div>
Them GG fans are rabid.
[/quote]

You mean just like the Bieber etc. fans ? ;)

</div>
</blockquote>

Truth be told, the kpop fans are scarier, unless you are dating JB or Haryy from 1D. they are just jealous brat tho.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

New album is out 12/11 and is called LOVE&PEACE:
1. Gossip Girls

2. motorcycle

3. FLYERS

4. GALAXY SUPERNOVA

5. LOVE&GIRLS

6. Beep Beep

7. My oh My

8. LIPS

9. DO THE CATWALK

10. Karma Butterfly

11. Lingua Franca

12. Everyday Love
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;">

Gossip Girls, motorcycle, FLYERS, LIPS, Karma Butterfly and Everyday Love are the new tracks.</div>
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="167362" data-time="1385174537">Gossip Girls, motorcycle, FLYERS, LIPS, Karma Butterfly and Everyday Love are the new tracks.</blockquote>
Eventhough I only know two songs of that album, I am only semi-excited. SNSD album song have only been mediocre at best, so far, except for those two songs which I can't remember the exact name of...

But I hope it's good.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Anderei"]

New album is out 12/11 and is called LOVE&PEACE:
[/quote]

Wasn't their last one called Girls & Peace or something? :\

I'm not amused. Why do they keep releasing things in Japan? We need something to replace I Got A Boy already. I liked Galaxy Supernova (even though the name confuses me a little...), but I really don't anticipate this album to be any better than the last one, and as long as they continue to sell so well releasing underproduced music, they'll keep releasing it.
Last edited by showraniy on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It was Girls Generation II LOVE&PEACE, yeah. I'm not sure why they're focusing so much in Japan, especially since like Kara, their sales have taken a huge dive.

Like Ap, I'm not getting my hopes up. Even the best SNSD albums have just been mediocre filler packaged with strong singles, and lately their singles have been kind of terrible. I haven't liked anything since Mr. Taxi and that was in 2011.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Anderei"]
since like Kara, their sales have taken a huge dive.
[/quote]

They have? Is the Hallyu wave finally over?

I know that's probably a more complicated question than I'm making it sound, but I figured SNSD were still active in Japan because they were still able to bring in the sales. I also figured that was why the Japanese releases were just so, so mediocre and lacking in effort since sales kept coming in anyway (but releases are, of course, never lacking in money because look at that fancy music video to that boring ass song!).
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The sales aren't bad but SNSD's 2011 album sold 800k. 2012 sold like 190k. I'm sure they're still turning a profit but yeah, I think the boom is over.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
Even the best SNSD albums have just been mediocre filler packaged with strong singles,
[/quote]

Not their first Japanese album. That only had like two shit songs and the rest was fucking gold.

But really, this isn't isolated to SNSD, it's just how the Korean pop music industry works. Singles are everything and albums are a complete afterthought. Even Baby VOX's best albums had at least a few shitty ballads on them.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I thought SNSD's first Japanese album was pretty generic, to be honest. I never got the hype other than that it wasn't the cuter stuff they were doing in Korea at the time.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

We will never agree on this. It's a legitimately very good pop album -- well above average at worst. One of the better albums from a Korean pop act I've ever heard.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I quite liked it, myself. But are we talking about SNSD's first Japanese album, with mostly the Japanese version of their songs, or the second one with pretty much all original songs?

If it's the first one, then I really absolutely loved it. It was my first taste of K-pop in general, and a good way of introducing it to someone who only knew J-pop, in my opinion. Basically everything on there became featured on my playlist.

Now with Ap opening up the doors to K-pop even wider, I've grown to love all of it.

I mean, seriously, I found all the songs on that album way catchier than most H!P songs around the time. I've never found many songs danceable, but those songs just made me want to tap my foot around lol

Especially Gee.

I've never heard the second album myself, so I have no opinion on it.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Taeyeon uploaded some clips from the new Japanese album:

Everyday love:
http://instagram.com/p/he6qOvH_ss/

Flyers
http://instagram.com/p/he3TpVn_oK/

Motorcycle
http://instagram.com/p/he14ppn_mJ/

Gossip girls
http://instagram.com/p/he4Zn1H_po/
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I only found out about their new album about a week ago but I really like what I've heard so far :) I'll see if it's available on UK iTunes later :)
hoshi
Kenshuusei

Post by hoshi »

A bit random, but Girls' Generation was in YouTube's 2013 Rewind video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7jtC8vjXw8 (Skip to 2:12 for their appearance.)
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I never knew Seohyun is tweeting in English:
https://twitter.com/sjhsjh0628