What are you playing?

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Re: What are you playing?

Post by al kusanagi »

PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="167756" data-time="1386170531"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="167749" data-time="1386155218"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="167743" data-time="1386115847">Guys, check out the Humble Bundle that's up for the next two weeks:
https://www.humblebundle.com/</blockquote>I didn't think it was that great. Or rather, I didn't find it interesting enough for myself. Though as always $4 for a bunch of well renowned games is a steal. I might bite after they reveal the extra 3 games later.</blockquote>It's full of "seems interesting, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like it, or maybe even be disappointed even if I only spent 2,50€" games. That's why I had none of the games yet, so it's a great deal. Paid 6$.

The EA bundle didn't interest me, but I got the THQ bundle, probably the second largest spike.</blockquote>
That's the thing, I looked at the 200+ games I accumulated between Steam and GOG thanks to sales and bundles and decided it's enough for a lifetime. Even though this bundle is a great deal, none of the games really caught my interest when reading about them before. I know I don't care about Gary's Mod and I have that Serious Sam already. So to get this bundle would be just bleeding money.

For the record, I did get both THQ and EA bundles.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="167757" data-time="1386170682">Cancel Game of the Year. It's over.</blockquote>
Still better than Sims.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

The Gametrailers/Spike video games awards (which are nonsensically called "VGX") are going on right now:
http://www.spike.com/netstorage/events/vgx/live.html

I think it's the pre-show or something right now and the only good thing about it is Joel Mchale, constantly using anti-humour seeing how the whole thing is really boring (as usual), despite the new game footage.

EDIT:

That was two and a half hours of cringe-worthy stuff...
This was the highlight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SamVg64gvOk

And these are the highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4hrg49oTg
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I got Pokemon X the other day and I love it. Haven't had this much fun playing Pokemon in ages.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

A Winter Sale just started on GOG. Includes a daily deal, voting for tomorrow's daily deal, and a special gift to pick from one of 3 categories.

Also worth mentioning:

Fallout 1 + Fallout 2 + Fallout Tactics FREE Giveaway - if by some chance you still don't have those classics you'd be a fool not to get them. Valid for the next 48 hours.

30 Day Money Back Guarantee - yes, you can now return games on GOG if they don't work and their tech support can't help you. Considering GOG is a DRM-free platform, this is pretty mindblowing.

I also started playing Hard Reset again, it's such a fun game. I can't believe I let it collect dust for a year. I needed a few days break after not being able to beat one stage and then just kept pushing it back. And mind you, I play on Normal difficulty. According to Wikipedia the game's difficulty level and lack of multiplayer mode were the main criticisms of the game which makes me think that the whole gaming industry went full retard in the last 10 years or so.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="167749" data-time="1386155218"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="167743" data-time="1386115847">Guys, check out the Humble Bundle that's up for the next two weeks:
https://www.humblebundle.com/

Best HB they ever had imho.
And there are even 2~3 more games being added later on !</blockquote>
I didn't think it was that great. Or rather, I didn't find it interesting enough for myself. Though as always $4 for a bunch of well renowned games is a steal. I might bite after they reveal the extra 3 games later.</blockquote>
Nope, still not interesting enough. :tongue:
Last edited by aine on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="168182" data-time="1386858637">I also started playing Hard Reset again, it's such a fun game. I can't believe I let it collect dust for a year. I needed a few days break after not being able to beat one stage and then just kept pushing it back. And mind you, I play on Normal difficulty. According to Wikipedia the game's difficulty level and lack of multiplayer mode were the main criticisms of the game which makes me think that the whole gaming industry went full retard in the last 10 years or so.</blockquote>
I've told you a few weeks ago already it's great fun ! :fist:
I started playing on the "Hard" and I like it that way, because it's challenging, but never unfair.
Tip: play some good and fast beat music while playing. Either something electro or rock.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="168182" data-time="1386858637">Nope, still not interesting enough. :tongue:</blockquote>
The new games are really just a minor add-on.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Clock Tower: The First Fear :) I love horror games :)

EDIT: Speaking of which does anyone know of any really good horror games? :) It would be better if they weren't full of jump scares because they're boring :lol: In other words I'd like to know of REAL horror games  :lol:

-------------------------

Also I know that this question has been asked around the Internet before but I can never find a definite answer, can a PS4 play PS3 games from PSN?

Maybe I should just become a PC gamer. They seem like the blonds in the videogame universe in that they have A LOT more fun and don't have to deal with all this hassle :lol:

Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

No, PS4 cannot play PS3 games. Sony's Gaikai service launching later next year is thought to be able to let users stream copies of games they own digitally (and maybe if they have the disc to authenticate), but details are still sort of nebulous. There are a number of PSN titles that will do cross play between PS devices, but those are mostly Vita<>PS4.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="168221" data-time="1386936161">
EDIT: Speaking of which does anyone know of any really good horror games? :) It would be better if they weren't full of jump scares because they're boring :lol: In other words I'd like to know of REAL horror games  :lol:
</blockquote>

Going through some of the environments (especially the test labs and abandoned buildings) in the Stalker games are some of the most intense experiences I had in gaming.

You can look into the SCP game:
http://www.scpcbgame.com/
However, I don't know how interesting it is, if you don't know the backstories of everything, because I never played it.

PC gamers are blonde ? What ? lol
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="168221" data-time="1386936161">EDIT: Speaking of which does anyone know of any really good horror games? :) It would be better if they weren't full of jump scares because they're boring :lol: In other words I'd like to know of REAL horror games  :lol:</blockquote>
The Suffering is the only game that ever scared me shitless. No Resident Evil or Silent Hill game I played ever came close to matching it - even if entertaining they were generally borefests with occasional jump scare. The atmosphere in The Suffering is really, really thick and unnerving and will make you want to go hide in the corner and whimper - though it helps if you help yourself get immersed with headphones and lights turned off.

EDIT: Forgot to say The Suffering was released as freeware a while ago so you get it without guilt. Here's some sites that host it, though I didn't try if they still work: 1 2 3

Also what Ap said about Stalker is true as well.

And I also don't really get the PC gamers being the blondes bit, but PC MASTER RACE etc. so just come over and have fun. =3=

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="168183" data-time="1386861782"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="168182" data-time="1386858637">I also started playing Hard Reset again, it's such a fun game. I can't believe I let it collect dust for a year. I needed a few days break after not being able to beat one stage and then just kept pushing it back. And mind you, I play on Normal difficulty. According to Wikipedia the game's difficulty level and lack of multiplayer mode were the main criticisms of the game which makes me think that the whole gaming industry went full retard in the last 10 years or so.</blockquote>
I've told you a few weeks ago already it's great fun ! :fist:
I started playing on the "Hard" and I like it that way, because it's challenging, but never unfair.
Tip: play some good and fast beat music while playing. Either something electro or rock.</blockquote>
I didn't need to be told that, I knew it for nearly 2 years already (since I got it in 2011 winter sale). :tongue: I just couldn't get motivated to start playing it again. Normal difficulty is just hard enough for me with limited playing time and all, though after getting a good number of equipment upgrades now it became much less challenging. Once I complete it maybe I'll give it a try on Hard just for the heck of it.
Last edited by aine on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I've been replaying Super Mario Sunshine  via Dolphin and it looks really good in 1080p:

GMSP01-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Just played seven hours of Mario 3D world with a friend on his Wii U and we finished world 5, 6, 7 and started on 8 iirc.
It's great fun with a second person !
But I feel as if it'd be way too easy alone.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Games (and SONGs, because I like SONGs) of the year, you girls and guys.
Just a friendly non-friendly reminder that I'm going to ask that ultimate unfriendly question in a few weeks or days.
We can't not have BBS GOTY talk, blessed Gaben would kill us !

I have been playing Metal Gear Rising (PS3) and La-Mulana (PC) in the last few days and I feel like they're strong contenders for just being great games.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Shin Megami Tensei IV is by far the best game I've played all year. I only have a 3DS, though.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Ap2000"]
Metal Gear Rising (PS3)
[/quote]

Batshit insane, absolutely loved it !

And the story is actually pretty interesting and definitely has it's moments.
Now I just have to find the time to play Vanquish and Bayonetta, the other two Platinum games that I own.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Alien: Isolation looks like exactly my kind of a game

Note this is an Alien, not Aliens game - this makes a whole world of a difference. After the failures that Aliens vs Predator 2010 and Aliens: Colonial Marines were maybe finally we'll get a good game in the franchise. I'm trying not to get excited, but I guess I am.

I finished Sleeping Dogs main story (which was great) and I just started the last DLC which like the previous ones will probably take me no more than 2 hours to complete (which is less great). I'll write more about it soon.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I started playing Marvel Heroes again because SQUIRREL GIRL!!!!!!!!!
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="169849" data-time="1389745007">I finished Sleeping Dogs main story (which was great) and I just started the last DLC which like the previous ones will probably take me no more than 2 hours to complete (which is less great). I'll write more about it soon.</blockquote>
All done. In short:

Sleeping Dogs - great enjoyable game. I'm sure you've heard the term "GTA in Hong Kong" - it's pretty accurate. Personally I enjoyed it more than the few GTAs I played, maybe because I'm sentimental about Hong Kong. If you enjoyed HK action movies like Infernal Affairs, Hard Boiled, Election, or if you want to brush up your colloquial Cantonese, you'll like the game. The plot is good and gripping, though a bit linear and not very surprising if you've seen any of the aforementioned movies. The world is lively and large enough, with plenty of sidequests to off-set the linearity of the main story.

Zodiac Tournament DLC - the only story DLC that happens within the main game. You're taken to an island to fight in a tournament. And that's it really, a few fights one after another, with some running around the island in between. It's like a slightly more expanded version of the few Martial Arts Clubs scattered throughout HK. It took me maybe 30-40 minutes to complete it, with only one of the fights giving me any trouble. It's styled after the campy 80's HK action movies which makes is somewhat funny, but it's not really worth it unless you're after the achievements or a special outfit.

Nightmare in North Point DLC - styled after Chinese horror movies with jiangshi and yaoguai making frequent appearances. It does not take itself very seriously, but is enjoyable plot-wise, and if you're into Chinese culture you will enjoy it a lot as it's brim full of it. The downside is the short play time (about 2 hours) and only two types of enemies to deal with. The best DLC of all, even if a bit lacking and flawed.

Year of the Snake DLC - boring shit DLC, last of the story ones. I wish I didn't save it for the last because it was a huge letdown. The main and extremely uninspired plot of the DLC took at most 1.5 hour to get through, the few sidequests were boring and frustrating (more than half of them being "find a suspicious car - oh shit there's a bomb - drive the car into the sea"). Half-assed content and huge waste of time playing it. The cultural notes you get on you in-game phone about the Chinese New Year customs don't make up for it in the slightest, you're better off just reading Wikipedia article about it.

Martial Arts Pack DLC - one mission in the main game added, namely kick as much monk ass you can. Only worth it if you need to farm Triad XP (which you can't otherwise after finishing the main story) for achievements.

Wheels of Fury DLC - play a few frustrating extra missions in the main game to get a fast but frustratingly uncontrollable supercar in your garage. Utter waste.

Summary - it's a shame that a great game got turned into a shitty DLC shitfest. I got the game in pre-order and I'm happy about it, but I'd be furious if I paid full price for any of the DLC. Don't even think about getting the DLC unless they're with at least -75% discount. Or don't get them at all because you won't miss much, except for the Nightmare one maybe.

Sequel possibly coming out by the end of this year, hype meter started.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Double posting about Sleeping Dogs - I just completed 100% achievements from it (is there a word for that? 'platinum-ing'? on Steam?). What a gigantic waste of time. :lol: I figured that since I already had 80% of them after finishing the game proper then why the hell not, but the remaining 20% turned out to be little more than mindless grind. At least I know it was the first and the last time I did that. And I strongly suspect this is a problem with just about every game out there and not just SD.

And I didn't even get a stupid Steam badge or anything for it. Shit, Windows Solitaire has a more satisfying ending than that. :lol:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Guys, there is a Madoka Magica mod for minecraft!!!!
http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6128
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Let my friend play through Journey today.
And eventhough he's kind of a Nintendo-fanboy, he was amazed by it.

On the other hand, Sonic 2006 in multiplayer was horrendously (and hilariously) bad.

Playing Double Dragon neon demo, Tokyo Jungle until we've both died, was also really cool.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

If you're in the mood for a laid-back Metroidvania game, I can recommend Treasure Adventure Game:
www.gog.com/game/treasure_adventure_game
It's free !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I picked up Bravely Default. It is very pretty.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I finished Ocarina of Time. :ph34r: It's been on my conscience since forever, so a while ago I picked up my latest, 2 year old save, and went ahead with it. Or rather, I got instantly reminded why I dropped it in the first place - the fucking Shadow Temple.

I play on an emulator, but I was good before and made it this far without any help. However, after some very frustrating hours spent trying to remember the game mechanics first, and then trying to figure out where I was and what to do next, I gave up, looked up a walkthrough and used it almost all the time just wanting to see the game to the end. I also used infinite health cheats on a few occasions (lol Iron Knuckle, lol Bongo Bongo) because I just couldn't be arsed with endless frustrating repeating of the same stages.

I kinda regret spoiling it for myself, but at the same time if I were to spend another month or so grinding through it I probably wouldn't have finished it at all. Maybe it's because I played Master Quest instead of a regular version, or maybe the gameplay didn't stand the test of time that well, or maybe I'm just a shit gamer. I still think it's a fantastic game and rightfully called one of the greatest of all times. I wish I could have played and experienced it properly on an N64 and a bulgy CRT TV set back when it first came out, when the 3D graphics were truly mindblowing and there was no Internet to save my lame ass.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]
I finished Ocarina of Time. :ph34r: It's been on my conscience since forever, so a while ago I picked up my latest, 2 year old save, and went ahead with it. Or rather, I got instantly reminded why I dropped it in the first place - the fucking Shadow Temple.

I play on an emulator, but I was good before and made it this far without any help. However, after some very frustrating hours spent trying to remember the game mechanics first, and then trying to figure out where I was and what to do next, I gave up, looked up a walkthrough and used it almost all the time just wanting to see the game to the end. I also used infinite health cheats on a few occasions (lol Iron Knuckle, lol Bongo Bongo) because I just couldn't be arsed with endless frustrating repeating of the same stages.

I kinda regret spoiling it for myself, but at the same time if I were to spend another month or so grinding through it I probably wouldn't have finished it at all. Maybe it's because I played Master Quest instead of a regular version, or maybe the gameplay didn't stand the test of time that well, or maybe I'm just a shit gamer. I still think it's a fantastic game and rightfully called one of the greatest of all times. I wish I could have played and experienced it properly on an N64 and a bulgy CRT TV set back when it first came out, when the 3D graphics were truly mindblowing and there was no Internet to save my lame ass.
[/quote]

Master Quest is more difficult, because there's more backtracking between areas in the temples and the puzzles aren't as straightforward.
You probably would have enjoyed it more if you played the standard version (first).

I still remember how I got home from school and my dad got me that beautiful black and golden box. It was waiting on the living room table for me.
After lunch I immediately plugged it into my N64 and when I first went out of my tree house into Kokiri forest HOLY SHIIIIIT
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="171556" data-time="1392131888">I still remember how I got home from school and my dad got me that beautiful black and golden box. It was waiting on the living room table for me.
After lunch I immediately plugged it into my N64 and when I first went out of my tree house into Kokiri forest HOLY SHIIIIIT</blockquote>
My childhood was sad and devoid of video games. =3= I have my Steam library now but it can't compensate for the real thing.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

New game where AKB48 are zombies and you have to shoot at them:

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/new-arcade-game-lets-you-get-face-to-face-with-akb48-members-and-shoot-them-in-the-face

No, I'm not playing it, but I thought you all might be interested.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

The diehard AKB hating wota will surely jump all over that game.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Madara"]
New game where AKB48 are zombies and you have to shoot at them:

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/new-arcade-game-lets-you-get-face-to-face-with-akb48-members-and-shoot-them-in-the-face

No, I'm not playing it, but I thought you all might be interested.
[/quote]

The fans will just imagine they're shooting something different onto them. :whafap: