Morning Musume Dokkiri Special!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Morning Musume Dokkiri Special!

Post by Shoujo Q »

We're going to need to talk about this. Morning Musume will be on a show on Jan 2nd.

Source (small video on webpage)

Summery from JPlop

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

Summary: For the dokkiri ("prank") corner, we have set up the most elaborate morning wakeup call prank for Morning Musume, who are currently riding a new wave of popularity. On the pretext that they are headed somewhere else for work the next morning, the members were taken to a building to stay over for the night. While they were sleeping, we dismantled the walls and transformed the place into a concert hall, and then placed 500 of their fans in the audience to wait for them to wake up. Will they be able to perform while still sleepy?!</blockquote>

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Re: Morning Musume Dokkiri Special!

Post by Mugi »

That should be highly amusing. :tongue:

Made by Haru!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Dude. That's not even funny. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, it's actually really creepy. I'm hoping the prank is fake and its all scripted.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I think it's funny.  How could it be real.  How would they know what to do once they woke up if it was real?  Even if it was real, all this would have had to be approved and I'm sure the girls are in no danger.  You guys need to calm down.

Made by Haru!
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

99.99% scripted =)) You know what entertainment world is all about. Even if I am not an actress I can easily fake some surprised faces.They most certainly will be told beforehand before they go to bed. As long as they don't have bad habit when they sleep everything will be alright even if it is half truth and half fake.
Last edited by smtmissin on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Oooh happy birthday to me!  That does sound rather creepy though.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Sneak peak at that Dokkiri special where they prank MM on stage. I'm sorry guys, this is going to be amazing. xD 

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Sneak peak at that Dokkiri special where they prank MM on stage. I'm sorry guys, this is going to be amazing. xD 
[/quote]

Ahahaha, Sayu at the end!

I'm really looking forward to this!
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="168874" data-time="1388092514">
It looks like the new HP TV show is called The Girls Live and the first episode looks to be HP members picking outfits and putting together live performances for the show.
</blockquote>

Show's preview.

[/quote]
Every time a Japanese show uses western music from the 90s-00s it always stands out to me.  I think about the movies I've heard the song from.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Here's the special. Scripted I'm sure, but it sure is fun to watch.

Get it while you can. <3 Watch Here
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

That was hilarious.  There was so much Kanon, it was great, and a decent amount of Haruka as well.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Zukki had more awesome in that one slip than she did in all of 2014. But now that's they're actively pushing a "I'm not fat, I'm chubby" character for her, I'm sure we're gonna get a lot of pissed off fans.

Masaki sleeping with Sayu was freaking adorbz, and dat AyuMizuki meganekko pair! :wub:  Also, Haruna running to put in her contacts was great.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

First I thought it could be creepy but after the watching I found it fun ^^.
Zukki was soo cute when she introduced Chacha x), Riho's first line was funny, she was courageous to do it ^^' and to me, Sakura and Riho were quite reactive.
I didn't know that Ayu had glasses :o.
Thanks Al, I noticed that someone was sleeping with someone else but I wasn't able to say who x).
Haruna put her contact lenses fast, it was quite impressive ^^.
Last edited by Meikochi on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

That was fun.

When they strait up say "She's fat" I still think "Wow, you can't say that!"  but I need to remember this is Japan, not the West.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="169116" data-time="1388663215">Here's the special. Scripted I'm sure, but it sure is fun to watch.

Get it while you can. <3 Watch Here</blockquote>
Man, that's a really elaborate and expensive looking prank.

It was fun to watch, but clearly scripted to some degree.

Ayumi should always perform with glasses !
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Zukki had more awesome in that one slip than she did in all of 2014. But now that's they're actively pushing a "I'm not fat, I'm chubby" character for her, I'm sure we're gonna get a lot of pissed off fans.

Masaki sleeping with Sayu was freaking adorbz, and dat AyuMizuki meganekko pair! :wub:  Also, Haruna running to put in her contacts was great.
[/quote]
Ok, so I wasn't seeing things. Anyway, that's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Sayashi really switched into performance mode quickly, but Ayumi was way off in parts of the dance.  You can see she is out of place at one point and has to move awkwardly to where she was supposed to be.  However, the performance level was pretty high considering the circumstances.  Better than when Berryz and Cute were young.

Also, it makes me happy that Masaki was sleeping with Sayu. :heart:

This whole thing puts Punk'd to shame.
emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

What's with the perv in the glasses taking photos of the girls while they sleep? They show him at the start of the clip and then he doesn't come up after that.

Yes, that prank was expensive looking! I'm glad that someone is willing to spend that kind of money on Morning Musume.
[center]Image[/center]
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Those were clips from older specials like this. No one was taking pictures of them.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Sayu and Maa sleeping together is so cute! I noticed some parts of the dance was off, and What is Love was slow because their tempo was off, I like the fact that it wasn't perfect because it makes it real, if that makes sense. Haha, Harunan still put her contacts in.

That was a really fun prank, I want to see more!!

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="emily" data-cid="169150" data-time="1388704662">
What's with the perv in the glasses taking photos of the girls while they sleep? They show him at the start of the clip and then he doesn't come up</blockquote>
He's not a perv, he's Shimamura Ken. And he's still on TV, he does comedy stuff and even did a single with Mini Moni.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

Gotcha.
[center]Image[/center]
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I think this was a partial set up, like they told the girls that they would be awoken to a surprise -- be ready for anything -- but without any details. It was definitely better than I feared it might be, and they look like they had a lot fun with it.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I loved that. What an excellent prank. I plan to rewatch it when I'm less distracted to pay more attention to the members. What was that hand thing Haruka did during the card game? A drawing of AKB48's Atsuko popped up with it.
Last edited by showraniy on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

She said Flying Get, but I'm not super familiar to puns and AKB48 to understand why she said it in the middle of a card game.

Googled it to see what I could find.

“Flying get” is Japanese internet slang for getting hold of a game, CD, etc. before the release date. So I guess Haruka did something in the game that would make her say that? 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Flying Get is one of AKB's singles, I think, so to say that during a card game is basically that she awesomely snatched a card, and since it was Atsuko, she pulled a Harunan and made an AKB pun.

Is what I'm thinking.
roddyreta
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by roddyreta »

Find a subbed version here.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Thank you for the subbed version! I love Kanon's line "ja nai" in the middle of their confusion =)). Though I fully know this is partly staged, I still love it.

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

My favorite parts were when Kanon randomly rolled forward, then MM playing the Wink Murderer game, Kanon's stuffed bear, and when Sayu sleepily sang her "koi wa INFUREESHON" part in LOVE Machine.

This was so adorable and just complete gold. Like the rest have said, even though some of it was most likely scripted, it's worth it in the end.