[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="bxstos"]
The official site is up.

HQ Covers: (RE A, RE B, LE A to D)

I like all of the coversbut the limited editions look too bland to me, mostly because the main colors are black, dark, blue, gray, and white. On the other hand, I really like how colorful the regular editions are.
[/quote]

Am I the only one that gets a "403 Forbidden" error?
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]

Am I the only one that gets a "403 Forbidden" error?

[/quote]

Nope. Just click the link to the official website, scroll down to the Release section and click the "More" button.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="169017" data-time="1388526526">Am I the only one that gets a "403 Forbidden" error?</blockquote>
No, everyone does except for the person who posted it. :lol: imgbox just sucks like that (right there with photobucket and imageshack), just use imgur instead.

The covers are surprisingly not eye hurting. LimC is my favourite, even though it makes me think of MomoClo. And I wonder if everyone in France is now having a massive wank over RegA version. :rolleyes:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

Oh snap! They renamed their Youtube Channel  :doh:
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's just a visual change. The actual name of the channel, url-wise, is the same. Searching for morningmusumechannel will still bring it up.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh, thank you, Aine, JPope!

I like Regular B best, so I am now glad it is one of the ones I ordered. The only one really horrid is Limited B, though.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Here's the What Is Love? music video from Hello!Station. (You knew it was going to be from the concert so don't act surprised about it.)
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

omg, that's so cheap. Morning Musume 14% less budget.

Somehow, I like the live version better than the studio.
Image Hey
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Damn you, UFA!!!
You're already comfortable in the success of the previous single and you're half-assing this one? Like the name change wasn't enough.
You so deserve this single to sell less than 10k so you f***ing learn how to do things right.

I'm so afraid now for the next one. 
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

It's not that bad, besides, What is LOVE? is just a promo-song for J-Melo.  It was tacked on to this single last minute, rather than wait and put in on the next album.  This won't lower the sales because Egao no Kimi has a very well done PV and the other one will, too, all it means is that there might not be as many copies of Limited C sold, though it might depend on the dance shot somewhat.  I will be very surprised if they don't sell 100k in the first week.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I think you are all forgetting the Olympic song has yet to be revealed (next week for sure!). They didn't have to do this, but they did because it's a worthy song to be shown. The dance is amazing. I will say though, hearing them doing a full lip sync of a live performance is very off putting. I wish they had done what they did for Chokkan and released a live version to accompany the studio version. (Though that was on the Petit best album.)

When evaluating Morning Musume MVs you must always do your homework. Nothing says low budget like the half assed attempt at The Matenrou Show "mv" which was just a dance shot. I'd add the MV to The Manpower on that list, but they had the alternate version which saved it from being in the shit list forever. Chokkan's MV was also the same as this, but they added in the Music video style shots. Something they should have done with this, but I'm sure their budget was stretched enough as it is. 
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="Trinu"]

Damn you, UFA!!!
You're already comfortable in the success of the previous single and you're half-assing this one? Like the name change wasn't enough.
You so deserve this single to sell less than 10k so you f***ing learn how to do things right.

[/quote]

I think you need to calm your shit. How is one with a live "half-assing" it? Did you not see "The Matenrou Show?" It was a dance shot. And "Kimi Sae" was a glorified dance shot. The only single that wasn't "half-assed" was "Wagamama Ki no Mama"/"Ai no Gundan."

Referencing the website, I'm really annoyed with how they didnt even try to fix Ayumi's pant let.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I don't care much for the video but I still love this song, I slightly prefer the live version though.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Trinu"]

Damn you, UFA!!!

[/quote]

This is a throwaway video to a toss-in song, nothing more. (Although it should be considered a proper B-Side, IMO) And who the fuck cares, really. Did you not see the video for "Egao..."? Go watch that then come back here and complain about UFA "half-assing" it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Haru"]

Referencing the website, I'm really annoyed with how <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.helloproject.com/morningmusu ... .png">they didnt even try to fix Ayumi's pant let</a>.

[/quote]

Those outfits suck out loud. They look costumey and cheap. The fabric looks like that cheap-ass, thin flat sequin shit you get in Halloween costumes from Halloween City.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

If I saw the What is LOVE "MV" as anything, it was sort of a video for the fans. Since the song was inspired by the fans, I thought it was using the live recording to show that sort of "relationship" with the fans.

Sure, they could've done a new MV, but the Egao no Kimi wa MV more than makes up for this.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Sorry, but this is worse than The Matenrou Show and Kimi Sae cause they didn't even record anything new. Hell, Chokkan 2 had the new scenes and wasn't as bad (I even liked it).

I'm disappointed cause when I read that we were getting a 3A-side single, I supposed we were getting 3 songs with the same effort put in each of them. I mean, the last single was an improvement in that department and it got the best sales in years.

Egao no Kimi has a great PV, even if the song is generic as it can get, but Japan digs that.

But if they didn't even want to try and make a good thing around What is LOVE?, why call it an a-side when it could be a b-side like Ganbare Nippon somthing something soccer song and be done with it? But no... it's an a-side. Hell, I'm starting to think the Brainstorming PV is the most expensive thing ever if they can't do something like that for this.

Oh, well.
The song is still good, so I guess I'll enjoy that.
But I'm going to keep my hopes low for the Olympic one, just in case.

My shit is pretty calm, thank you very much.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Why does everyone complain about the dance shot MVs? Resonant Blue's regular non-alternate special 5 editions MV was dance shot only too and I liked all of those just fine. Matenrou's MV sucked because the dance set sucked and had nothing to do with the song or outfits. The dance itself was good though. I loved Kimi Sae's and Manpower's videos.

I'm fine with a concert video as long as the camera work is good. Concert DVDs (non-H!P) are shot with great camera work, so I'm fine with that. Having said that though, I haven't watched What is Love yet, so my opinion on this one might end up being bad anyway.
Last edited by showraniy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I'm kinda bummed they didn't give What Is Love? the Chokkan 2 treatment. I was expecting that but, it's alright for what it was, an extra song, and Egao makes up for it and I'm guessing that they're going to go all out for the Sochi song.
Last edited by mrsross on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="Trinu"]
Sorry, but this is worse than The Matenrou Show and Kimi Sae cause they didn't even record anything new. Hell, Chokkan 2 had the new scenes and wasn't as bad (I even liked it).
[/quote]
There actually were shots from a recording not made during the concert.  It will probably be used for the dance shot version.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Trinu"]
Sorry, but this is worse than The Matenrou Show
[/quote]

Matenrou Show sucked because they didn't even get new costumes or a set, and it was just a glorified dance shot. At least this is a dance shot with more angle changes, new outfits, and a new place. They explained why they did this, and it makes sense. We all know UFA doesn't have the budget to be spending on making 3 PV's anyways, so it probably would've been just a sucky dance shot with close-ups in a black box.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't know what people were expecting from What Is Love. They said beforehand it was just going to be a concert MV. Song has kind of grown on me but I still think the choreo just looks really stupid.

Also, they announced 20 handshake events for 1/13. Each girl will be visiting two prefectures and doing solo handshakes.

Sayumi: Niigata -> Tokyo
Mizuki: Yamaguchi -> Hyogo
Eripon: Kyoto -> Aichi
Riho: Hiroshima -> Osaka
Kanon: Kumamoto -> Fukuoka
Haruna: Chiba -> Tochigi
Ayumi: Aichi -> Saitama
Masaki: Ibaraki -> Fukushima
Haruka: Miyagi -> Chiba
Sakura: Osaka -> Shizuoza

I wonder how they'll make time for this. Normally the handshakes are in the evening.

Last edited by Anderei on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Oh, so they had already said it was gonna be a concert thing? I missed that memo. Sorry lol

As for the hanshakes, I guess those will take up to most of the afternoon. Maybe from 13 to 20 or something? 3 hours + 3 hours + 1 of rest. Who knows.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Here's the What Is Love? music video from Hello!Station. (You knew it was going to be from the concert so don't act surprised about it.)
[/quote]

[quote="Trinu"]
Oh, so they had already said it was gonna be a concert thing? I missed that memo. Sorry lol
[/quote]

Are my memo's not good enough for you? :<
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Yeah, but I read that and I thought "What?! I didn't" and let rage take over me. My bad.  :pouty:

Anyway, I'm starting to dig Egao no Kimi. The fast sentences are sill a bit weird, but once you get the hold of it, it's kinda funny lol
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Trinu"]

As for the hanshakes, I guess those will take up to most of the afternoon. Maybe from 13 to 20 or something? 3 hours + 3 hours + 1 of rest. Who knows.
[/quote]

The locations do involve needing to travel a fair distance to get to them, though. And it's in the middle of the week meaning if it's not in the evening a lot of people wouldn't be able to attend.
hopeislove
Kenshuusei

Post by hopeislove »

When i first heard that it was a triple a-side, i was confused. "Haven't they had enough double a-sides by now?" I honestly think they deserve a normal one a-sided single now and take a break. But after i heard the songs that were the triple a-sides were, it sorta is a normal a-side. Since two songs are just promotional for events, we only really get one true single.

As for the Egoa no Kimi music video, i only sorta liked it. The whole background thing seemed cheap tbh and the outfits weren't too bad. The song, i've only heard three times, and is somewhat disappointing for me. To me it feels like they tried to stay with the electropop genre but slowed down, while speeding up the lyrics. I'll get used to it after some more plays, but for now i'm only okay about it. The dance wasn't terrible, but not magnificant either, about in the middle. Their hair looks great tho

My opinion on What is Love is better, because it's catchy and sounds nice together. The dance, on the other hand, gives off an animal feel to it. I'm always reminded of an elephant when they do the part with their hand on their forehead (at the beginning of the thing before the chorus) for some reason. I like the heart formation they make near the end tho, that's cute. The mv isn't bad, i still liked it. I like how they were their colors again (that big hat on erina tho *shakes head*)

I'm looking forward to what the third song is gonna sound like, but i'm not gonna expect something too fancy or great. Maybe i'll like it the best out of the three a-sides this time, don't know *shrug* but so far i'm leaning toward what is love.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The day of single a-side singles has long since past. There's more money to be made in a single that has more to offer than a single music video. The standard single for a H!P group is the "double a-side" which is basically just a normal single but giving the b-side a music video to help sell the singles better. Groups like Smileage and JuiceJ just leave it at that, but Morning Musume, Berryz and C-ute pad it with a few other songs. This is Morning Musume's first single where they don't have an extra song that would be considered a b-side. 

I think considering Tsunku's condition, it will be an interesting year for releases. I'm very interested to see what he does while he's out of commission for a few months. 
Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

Maybe this throat thing will distract him from any surprise graduation announcements for a while.

Also, What is Love? will have a dance shot version on the DVD, since the regular performance is a live concert, maybe they'll be in a different space for the dance shot...

I actually didn't mind the video, I turned on 1080p mode and all was well. It's a triple A-side release, they've had sole releases (with all the effort put on 1 video) that have been less interesting to watch than What is Love?, that's when there was a problem. This is really a bonus compared to any other single's situation.

Look at it this way, we have 2 main PVs, and a live performance with more emphasis on camera angles than most concert DVDs would offer, and that 3rd song has an instrumental track on the CD. The usual situation would be that we would have 1 or 2 PVs and not even know how the 3rd song looks in a performance until the next concert comes out. 

What do you want? Is it necessary?  :rimshot:

Also, this is probably a transitional stage to get back into the usual 1-2 song 1 b-side format. We will probably get a regular album sometime this year too.
We are spoiled and used to having 5 songs.  :doh:

Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup: