Password is 0!!! - MM。'14 × Morisanchuu = MoriMusu。!!!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

pandapanda
ANGERME

Re: Password is 0!!! - MM。'14 × Morisanchuu = MoriMusu。!!!

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Seeing the partial PV has me worried about another theory...

Back in the day, AU used to have a bunch of exclusive music services, especially when it came to ring tones and watching PVs on phones. I hope it's not something like an exclusive contract with AU for full PVs. That definitely would piss fans off.
[/quote]

That would piss anyone off.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Nor would it make them big. Their PVs aren't so great that they're worth that extra effort. I can see them doing it since other companies only put up short versions though.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]

Back in the day, AU used to have a bunch of exclusive music services, especially when it came to ring tones and watching PVs on phones. I hope it's not something like an exclusive contract with AU for full PVs. That definitely would piss fans off.
[/quote]
This has my best guess.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="pandapanda"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="169884" data-time="1389796106">
<div>

[/quote]

That would piss anyone off.

</div>
</blockquote>

I could see people who would get the service just ripping the PVs and then uploading them onto YouTube themselves.
Formerly Mizura
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Dohhh! Up 2.0 anyone?
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]

[/quote]
Wouldn't that effect all of H!P and not just Morning Musume though?
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Not necessarily. If it is what's going to happen, it might have been decided it wasn't worth including the other groups.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think that UFA realizes they have a lot of foreign fans though, and in doing so would alienate them, so I don't think that's it. It also wouldn't really be beneficial to MM.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I don't think it is a cm deal - too common.  I don't think they are expanding overseas either. Part of me thinks it is some kind of industry development, similar to when they started H!P kids or Backstage (which never seemed to take off)-- Like prefecture-specific auditions but keep the winners in a separate support group...but that seems too common too at this point.   

Mostly, I suspect that Tsunku is semi-retiring but the fax seems to make this announcement about MM specifically so...it feels a little off.  HMmmmmmm
cadmonkey
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by cadmonkey »

Maybe a new audition where au users can vote for a girl to get in?  I've got a bunch of crazy ideas, but then I keep remembering this announcement is being made during an au event and should probably have some connection.

Edit:  This is probably irrelevant, but does anyone know how big of a phone service provider au is in Japan?
Last edited by cadmonkey on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

After reading all the ideas here are my top theories.

1.The group graduates H!P and signs with someone else. (Big, unexpected, and make people mad)
2. He brings back previous members to re-join (We have been wanting Eri to come back, well I have.)
3. Foreign single. Maybe in English. With a world tour

Then again there is no idea!!! Although in the 55th single thread I did mention the the olympic song could get a new PV. Which could also be a possibility.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

</blockquote>

Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="MysticForceRed"]
1.The group graduates H!P and signs with someone else. (Big, unexpected, and make people mad)
[/quote]

Are you living under a rock? Morning Musume is the biggest money maker H!P has right now. That'd be as useful as Tsunku shooting himself.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Haru"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MysticForceRed" data-cid="169949" data-time="1389846704">
<div>
[/quote]

Are you living under a rock? Morning Musume is the biggest money maker H!P has right now. That'd be as useful as Tsunku shooting himself.

</div>
</blockquote>

Crazy? Hell yes. And yet it covers every point that Tsunku mentioned better than any of the other theories suggested. It's actually really intriguing. Maybe Tsunku hands the reins of H!P over to a new producer so he can dedicate himself to MM full time. 

<div>Big turning point for group? Check</div>
<div>Big challenge for both MM and Tsunku? Check</div>
<div>Gamble? Check</div>
<div>Probably piss some fans off? Check</div>
<div>Chance to make MM One Four Big Star Group? Check</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is my favorite theory so far. It's so crazy it just might work! </div>
<div> </div>
<div>That said, I don't think there's a chance in hell this will be it, but props to Mystic for coming up with it. Well done!</div>
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="MysticForceRed"]
2. He brings back previous members to re-join (We have been wanting Eri to come back, well I have.)
3. Foreign single. Maybe in English. With a world tour
[/quote]

2. The members graduated because they wanted to move on with their lives, they don't want to come back. As much as I love Eri, she's quit showbiz altogther.
3. UFA can't afford a world tour, they would also be at a monetary loss with releasing a single in English as well since they can't speak it, western fans are not going to go for it.

I'm still sticking to my theory of an HKT collab because it fits all the requirements.
Although I like the idea of voting new members (possibly KKS) in, I don't think that's something that would make them big stars.

rikako♡eripon♡airi
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

[quote="MysticForceRed"]

After reading all the ideas here are my top theories.

[/quote]

It's happened before.  Elvis' original agent/producer sold his contract to get enough money to promote a single into a hit record.  The single did go on to be one of the highest grossing songs in American Rock history and made the agent very wealthy.  

Elvis went on to be world famous and make lots and lots of money, too.

It's funny, but now the only person most people remember singing that hit is Elvis himself, and the song?  Blue Suede Shoes.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Ond-OwgU8

It's possible Tsunku would sell his best money maker to promote another asset into (hopefully) an even bigger money maker.   The overhead for his entire operation must be astronomical.

Who knows?  Time will tell.

°C-ute!  Okai Chisato  Yajima Maimi  Suzuki Airi  Nakajima Saki  Hagiwara Mai
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="cadmonkey"]
Maybe a new audition where au users can vote for a girl to get in?  I've got a bunch of crazy ideas, but then I keep remembering this announcement is being made during an au event and should probably have some connection.

[/quote]
HmmmmmmMMMMMmmmm.  This might be it.  It is like, years behind the AKB model but it still might work. 
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="169884" data-time="1389796106">Seeing the partial PV has me worried about another theory...

Back in the day, AU used to have a bunch of exclusive music services, especially when it came to ring tones and watching PVs on phones. I hope it's not something like an exclusive contract with AU for full PVs. That definitely would piss fans off.</blockquote>
Kimi no Kawari is the first MV in a while (or ever? I don't remember and can't check now) that was shot/edited in the wide 2.40:1 format rather than the standard 1.77:1 (16:9). Because of that, the Japanese and English subs barely touch the actual image. I'm hoping that this is the reason they didn't show the full MV - because they don't want an unspoilt HD version being available on youtube to hurt the single sales. Because if your theory is right, then it's gonna suck big time.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Big anime contract?  I wish.  I'm here because of a failed attempted at watching LilPri, which lead to s/m, etc.  Who knows though.  Ga Tsunku way to troll my life.

edit:  I wonder what theories 2ch has....
Last edited by pandapanda on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="MysticForceRed"]

[/quote]

Aren't the graduations to keep the group with a "young and fresh" image? Then only Koharu, LinLin and Aika are the only ones who can still be considered as "Fresh meat", and ok, LinLin is in China, Aika graduated due to her injuries, and nobody wants Koharu back. I also thought about ex-members re-joining the group, but it would be weird to see members who are even older than Michishige with the newest generations.
Image Hey
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

I want Koharu back...

This will probably end up being not terribly exciting.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="pandapanda"]
Big anime contract?  I wish.  I'm here because of a failed attempted at watching LilPri, which lead to s/m, etc.  Who knows though.  Ga Tsunku way to troll my life.

edit:  I wonder what theories 2ch has....
[/quote]

I would like to see an animated version of Morning Musume. And I think the current lineup lends itself to this treatment better than anyone since, oh...Minimoni?
But I would want to see a show (or film) based on them, not have them be attached to an existing project to sing the theme song or do a video or something.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AurA" data-cid="169987" data-time="1389898625">
I want Koharu back...

This will probably end up being not terribly exciting.</blockquote>

Koharu's got both a big modeling gig and her tv show spot. On top of probably not wanting to come back, going back to a full time idol group also has nothing to offer her at this point in her career.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Also, why would you bring back the worst singer in the history of the group when you've made it clear that you are trying to build a group that is strong at both singing and dancing?
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

She still had one of the best solo careers, but ya she's not coming back and she wouldn't fit into the group at all if she did. I just would want to see her do more idol stuff again.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Of all the ideas exposed here, I guess I'd go with the "voting for new girls".

Maybe Tsunku saw the AKB Draft and thought of doing something like that... and letting the fans choose one of the girls while the girls choose another while Tsunku chooses another or something of the sort and call it the 12th gen? lol
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

But if he did that, wouldn't he got lambasted by AKB wota for stealing their idea? It would go with the "make fans angry," but I think it'd make AKB fans more angry, if anything.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="JPope"]
Also, why would you bring back the worst singer in the history of the group when you've made it clear that you are trying to build a group that is strong at both singing and dancing?
[/quote]

Eventhough I wouldn't want her back either, I find Michishige even more grating.
At least Anataboshi was good.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="169999" data-time="1389904172">
<div>
[/quote]

Eventhough I wouldn't want her back either, I find Michishige even more grating.
At least Anataboshi was good.

</div>
</blockquote>

That's fair, but the question remains valid. Koharu represents everything the new MM is trying to move away from, specifically the era of uninspired music and uninteresting girls. She represents the Mailing-It-In Era. If there's one thing that could literally kill my newly rekindled interest in Morning Musume, it would be bringing Koharu back into the group.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I love me some Koharu, but even I don't want her back in the group. There's a whole new dynamic that's been established by the 9th-to-11th Gen girls that could get easily disrupted by the addition of a disharmonic element.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I wouldn't want any old members back in the group honestly.
rikako♡eripon♡airi