The Official H!P Question Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

aine
ANGERME

Re: The Official H!P Question Thread

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="171007" data-time="1391289264">I did a blog entry on the Beatles today, in honor of the 50th anniversary of their reaching #1 for the first time in the U.S. with "I Want to Hold Your Hand."

Did any H!P singers ever cover any Beatles songs? If so, I'd like to add it to my entry.</blockquote>
Apart from the Christmas medley you already mentioned in your post I'm not aware of any. But Nature is Good (B-side of Osaka koi no uta) always vaguely made me think of Beatles.

Also, this reminded me of the picture I snapped during the MM handshake event in Paris in 2012. Too bad someone's hat obscured Ayumi. But feel free to add it to your post if you wish.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

Tsunku has claimed he has drawn on the Beatles has his inspiration for H!P.  I can see not just the Beatles, but the whole 60's Go-Go type style as inspiration for their music.  Upbeat music & lyrics, mini skirts and boots, and early dance routines.
Last edited by sheikhyerbutay on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

°C-ute!  Okai Chisato  Yajima Maimi  Suzuki Airi  Nakajima Saki  Hagiwara Mai
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="171007" data-time="1391289264">
I did a blog entry on the Beatles today, in honor of the 50th anniversary of their reaching #1 for the first time in the U.S. with "I Want to Hold Your Hand."

Did any H!P singers ever cover any Beatles songs? If so, I'd like to add it to my entry.
</blockquote>

Apart from the Christmas medley you already mentioned in your post I'm not aware of any. But Nature is Good (B-side of Osaka koi no uta) always vaguely made me think of Beatles.

Also, this reminded me of the picture I snapped during the MM handshake event in Paris in 2012. Too bad someone's hat obscured Ayumi. But feel free to add it to your post if you wish.

[/quote]

Wow, that's great. Thanks, Aine! I added it to the end of my blog entry.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Sorry, this is not about H!P but about this forum

What does the BBS stand for?
Image Hey
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Derby"]
Sorry, this is not about H!P but about this forum

[/quote]

Bulletin Board System. Basically forum.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="171091" data-time="1391378001">What does the BBS stand for?</blockquote>
Bulletin Board System.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="171070" data-time="1391337435">Wow, that's great. Thanks, Aine! I added it to the end of my blog entry.</blockquote>
No problem, glad to help. You seem surprised by this photo, so if you wanted to see more and read the event report, it's here. Time flies, dammit.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="171091" data-time="1391378001">
</blockquote>

Bulletin Board System.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="171070" data-time="1391337435">
Wow, that's great. Thanks, Aine! I added it to the end of my blog entry.
</blockquote>

No problem, glad to help. You seem surprised by this photo, so if you wanted to see more and read the event report, it's here. Time flies, dammit.

[/quote]

Wow, thanks for that link, Aine. Great stuff. There's something magical about the girls in those pictures and in your account. 

I just watched a movie for Chinese New Year's called A MAID FROM HEAVEN, a Huangmei opera about a fairy maiden or, in western terms, an angel, from heaven who comes down to Earth to experience life on the mortal plane. She meets a young man on the road and uses her powers and the help of a local "earth-god" to get him to marry her. At some point, when faced with an impossible weaving task assigned by her husband's cruel employer, she summons her celestial sisters for help.

The MM members in your pictures remind me of the celestial maidens in the movie. Come down to Earth to bring some beauty, enchantment and magic to us ordinary mortals. Sayumi's definitely a top-tier goddess and Haruna has an otherworldly quality about her like an angel. And Ayumi is as beautiful as any of the women in this film. I can see them all in these costumes.

Last edited by Madara on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

[quote="aine"]

[/quote]
aine, 

This is very good stuff!  Great photos.  You are a good writer!

°C-ute!  Okai Chisato  Yajima Maimi  Suzuki Airi  Nakajima Saki  Hagiwara Mai
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Does anyone have the link to the English translation of the interview in which Tsunku mentioned Suzuki Kanon's weight? My mother and I got in an argument and now I must settle it.  :noway:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I can't imagine what the argument is actually about, but here. This is the specific part where he mentions Kanon:

Hyadain: Personally, I think the existence of Suzuki-san is...

Tsunku: She has a nice voice, too.

Hyadain: Yes, having a member like her who has a good sense of humor is very important.

Tsunku: She has a sense of humor, eh? (laugh) I guess she might as well choose whether to get fatter or thinner, her current state is kind of halfway.

Hyadain: Maybe you're right, she has the choice of being more of a Puni-ko*, too. I hear she's quite popular in the world of Puni-ko lovers.

{*Note: Puni = An onomatopoeia when touching a chubby person's skin. XX-ko = A typical Japanese girl's name, like Hana-ko. (XX-ko names sound kind of old these days, though.) So, Puni-ko means chubby girls.}

Tsunku: I've heard the rumors.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Hyadain is the producer of MomoClo? Wtf? Where have I been, I never knew that! I thought he just made his own songs. It now makes so much more sense why Akari was in his one music video, lol.

Also, Tsunku had his throat issue at this time, no? That must've been...er.... fun to hear on the radio. Not much you can do about it, though
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

He's not 'the' producer for MomoClo but he has done a lot of stuff for them. He's produced for some other Stardust artists as well.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Scroll down to see a list of what's he's done for Momoclo....
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Thank you, Anderei! It really helped.

And if you want to know, my mother loves Zukki and hates Tsunku (as of late) and we were talking about this article and we got in an argument over it so we needed to look back over it and see who was right, which we both were.
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Does anyone have or know where to find the two W albums?  YouTube only has like half of their songs, and I LOVE them.  I looked on iTunes but couldn't find anything.  Are there any fan downloads?

THANK YOU!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

popcornlove.org is what I use to download all of my H!P music. They have EVERYTHING H!P there. You just need to register a free account first.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
popcornlove.org is what I use to download all of my H!P music. They have EVERYTHING H!P there. You just need to register a free account first.
[/quote]

Ah this has exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Does anyone know who wrote the story for Stacy's Shoujo Saisatsu Kageki, or what it was based upon, or anything? Curious.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Ootsuki Kenji wrote the book STACY in 1997 and it was made into a movie in 2001, he also directed the musical.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Awh you beat me to it! Stacys is my area of expertise and obsession. There is also a one-shot manga of it that I found and uploaded a complete scan of around here somewhere. (I can just link you to the actual download though if you want to see it and don't want to dig through a bunch of threads.)
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Thank you, NekoKai! And yes, Star, I would very much appreciate a link to it! I love this play so much. It's dark and disturbing, as arco so well put, and that's just my thing.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Here you go, Thea. Its kind of a big file so the download might take awhile.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

So… Is last year's fall Morning Musume concert not getting a DVD release?

I saw them in October and definitely need that to happen!  :whatthe:
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Yes, it will be release on March 26
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I know in idol contracts, you aren't allowed to talk to boys at all, but what about the Kenshuusei? Technically they aren't under contract yet, but does that still apply?
Formerly Mizura
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Mizura"]
I know in idol contracts, you aren't allowed to talk to boys at all, but what about the Kenshuusei? Technically they aren't under contract yet, but does that still apply?
[/quote]

I swear I have no idea how the girls do it, because all I know is that every conversation my friends and I have is 50% boys and 50% random crap.  
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

They're allowed to talk to boys. There's no way they could stop them from talking to boys. They're just not allowed to have boyfriends. 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I don't have a screen grab because it's on VHS, but what's the MM single where they did promo shots dressed up in space suits, complete with helmets? 4th Gen had just joined.
It's in a making-of segment from "Idol wo Sagase," but they don't play the actual song in it.

Thanks.

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Madara"]
I don't have a screen grab because it's on VHS, but what's the MM single where they did promo shots dressed up in space suits, complete with helmets? 4th Gen had just joined.
It's in a making-of segment from "Idol wo Sagase," but they don't play the actual song in it.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Mr. Moonlight?  Though that's right after 5th Gen joined.
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Is it Dance Suru no Da? It was on a MM game called Space Venus, so it wouldn't be crazy to think maybe they were in space outfits for some sort of promotion!

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.