2014 Hello! Project Group Rank

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

2014 Hello! Project Group Rank

Post by momoirosaya »

We've been ranking members, but I'm curious to see what everyone ranks for groups overall! I included the Kenshuusei since, even though they aren't a proper group, they have been releasing songs, so why not? :) And then for the poll we can see the overall favorite group!

My ranking is...
  1. Morning Musume
  2. Juice=Juice
  3. S/mileage
  4. C-ute
  5. Hello Project Kenshuusei
  6. Berryz Koubou
MM is first because I love them a lot! I've been loving MM more and more lately <3 And I've finally got over that weird gap feeling between the platinum and colorful era's. And they have a lot of members with different characters!
JJ is #2 because I've really been liking their songs a lot. Hopefully they find their characters and are funny too!
C-ute and S/mileage are pretty even. But I'd rather watch S/mileage concert footage, so S/uma is above.
Berryz has a lot more songs that I love compared to Kenshuusei, but I really like the freshness of the Kenshuusei!

rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Re: 2014 Hello! Project Group Rank

Post by aine »

Null voting because Morning Musume is not on the list. :running: 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

C-ute is number one for me because they were my introduction to not only H!P but Japanese music as a whole.  They're also fantastic dancers and performers, and have two of the best singers in H!P while the other three can all sing rather well (i.e. they don't need autotune, are actually singing, and it's not painful.)  Their songs are consistently good and recently they've had damn good PVs.

Morning Musume is probably second for me, the Platinum era was when I found out about them, though Koi no Dance Site was the first song of theirs I heard.

S/mileage is third, and I must confess that I've never listed to any of the pre-second generation songs save for Yumemiru 15 and Uchouten LOVE, though I swear one day I'll go through their old songs.  Akari and Meimi are freaking awesome and their songs are pretty consistently good like C-ute's.

Juice=Juice is fourth.  I really liked their indies singles, but wasn't really a fan of Romance no Tochuu.  Their second single is good though, but I kind of miss their indies style songs.

Berryz is fifth.  Those poor girls seem to get the shittiest songs, which I think might be why their performances are somewhat lackluster (trying to perform just one song that you don't like can take a lot out of you, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do multiple songs that bore you).

Eggs are sixth because I don't know them at all and I'd feel bad if for putting Berryz below them.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Berryz Kobo - I'm biased guys.
Morning Musume - They've been doing really well lately and are really pushing the "MM '14 is new, improved, better, and stronger" thing.
Juice=Juice - This is really a tie with S/m.
S/mileage - This is really a tie with JJ.
C-ute - I don't know I understand their appeal, but for some reason they just don't stand out for me.
Hello Project Kenshuusei - I don't really pay attention to them at all...sometimes I forget they exist.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Momusu- I always come back to them as my favorite.  And I agree with Star, the 'better harder faster stronger' is pretty boss.
*C-ute + J=J- tied.  I love their music and performing abilities.
S/m- Meimi is the only reason they are higher than Berryz
Berryz-  I love captain, and how hard she works, but the rest are just blah right now.  
Kenseggs- I kind of ignore them...
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

1. Juice=Juice
2. °C-ute
3. S/mileage
4. Morning Musume。
5. Berryz Koubou
6. Hello! Pro Kenshuusei

Reasons:
<div>
Spoiler: [+]
</div>
Juice=Juice: I’ve loved all of their songs so far (except for Ten Made Nobore), I love all of the members (except for Yuka, but I don’t dislike her), and they’re arguably the strongest group vocally. Dancing-wise, they're not that great (the loss of Aina hurt them in that area the most), but they're still pretty strong performers overall. I think Tomoko could possibly become my favorite H!P member in the future, and I usually like the group with my favorite member the most (unless I really dislike multiple things about the group, as I do with Berryz).
°C-ute: The most well-rounded group in H!P. They're strong vocally, easily the best dancing and performing-wise, and they might be the prettiest group, too. Music-wise, they’ve always been a bit inconsistent for my tastes. I'll love one single, and then dislike the next, really like the next one, and hate the one after that, and so on and so forth.
S/mileage: I love all of their personalities. Except for Rina (who provides a interesting contrast), they’re all so weird and funny. They’re mostly strong performers. Singing-wise, they’re not great, but they’re actually pretty good. Kana and Dawa are the worst singers, and they’ve both improved a ton and are a lot better than some of the other worst singers. I think Kana might even be decent now. I've liked all their music lately, too.  
Morning Musume: Musically, my favorite group by far. Except for the latest single, I love everything they've been given lately. They're pretty weak vocally (it's the weakest line-up they've ever had and probably the weakest group in H!P), but I think they''ll be okay in a couple years when they've improved and Sayumi has graduated (not that I want her to graduate). I like the members a lot. They’re all very cute and incredibly likable, and they’re getting to be pretty good performers. It’s fun watching them grow.
Berryz Koubou: Not as strong as I would like in the dancing and singing departments (especially dancing), but the real problem is their music. The only songs I've liked from them in the past couple years or so are the covers they've done (cha cha SING, Loving you Too much, I like a picnic). But there are a lot of things I like about them (their diversity, for example). 
Hello! Pro Kenshuusei: I'm a lot more interested in them than I have been in a while, but, out of the 27 members, I only like about twelve of them, and Rikako is the only one I really like. There's also a lot of very weird-looking members. Their music has been pretty good so far. I didn't like Ten Made Nobore, but the other two songs were quite catchy.

Last edited by Banana on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

1. S/mileage

2. Morning Musume

3. Berryz Kobo

4. Kenshuusei

5. C-ute

6. Juice=Juice

I care so little for JJ they shouldn't even be on this list.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Berryz
Morning Musume
Juice=Juice
S/mileage
C-ute
Kenshuusei
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

1. C-ute
2. MM
3. Juice=Juice
4. S/mileage
5. Berryz
6. Kenshuusei
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

1. MM
2. JJ

And I couldn't care less about any of the other groups.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

MM -- BIASED AS HELL DUDES. but they've been doing so well for themselves that I can only see them getting better ( though there are some things I wish they did better on overall. )
J=J -- they have great potential and all their songs so far have been fantastic! ( except Ten Made Nobore b/c I don't really care about it )
S/mileage -- I probably would've ranked them lower if they hadn't released Yattaruchan, which was so weird and energetic that I HAD to stand up and take notice. They always look like they're having fun~ ALL HAIL GLORIOUS VAMPIRE OVERLORD MEIMEI.
Berryz -- A lot of their songs and overall presentation recently have been way hit or miss, and, well ... they have Momochi. /urgh. But the songs that I do like are pretty interesting and catchy, so there's that.
C-ute -- I'm sorry, I just ... I really don't care for them as much as others do? ;;;;; I found their more recent singles to be rather forgettable, and they don't seem to have anything that stands out to me. I don't mind the members being put in shuffles like all the Satoumi groups, they at least did well in those, but as a whole they're dull.
Kenshuusei -- I don't pay attention to them at all, so there you go.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tangerine" data-cid="171483" data-time="1392042136">
And I hope Inaba Manaka gets to debut
</blockquote>Me too! Tsunku didn't tell her anything bad in her results from the Winter Kenshuusei videos so hopefully that's a good sign. Since she was in an idol group already she has lot of experience!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

1. Morning Musume
  2. Juice=Juice
  3. C-ute / Berryz Koubo
  4. S/mileage
  5. Hello Project Kenshuusei
<p style="margin:0px;">No reasoning here. Not good with that, but this is mine.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Juice Juice>C-ute>MM>Smileage>Berryz
I vote for Juice=Juice.
Momusu member are all so pretty and I adore Masaki, Ayumi and Mizuki, but other than Mizuki and Sakura who can produce some pleasant sound to my ears, other members still lack a lot.  I am also not really liking their recent singles so much.
Juice Juice members are all adorable and are great singers. I especially love Sayuki and Tomoko's voices. Akari is simply cute and gorgeous. Except for the overexposure of Karin I have no complaint about this group. I just hope they have more singles like their indie songs though.
C-ute is amazing like always, but as idols I only love Maimi and Nakky. The other girls are cute and all and Airi and Chisato are amazing singers but I don't hold them favorite or anything.
I prefer Smileage to Berryz just because I LOVE Meimi so much(I kinda like Akari as well). But Smileage and Berryz are ranked the same for me. Both groups don't have many songs that I like. Miyabi is beautiful and a good singer. Normally I don't like Risako's voice but sometimes her voice sounds like heaven. Momoko's voice can also be very pretty as well. Saki is sexy and Yurina just makes me relate to so much. They are all such amazing girls. But really, I just can't like their songs or their dance.
Last edited by smtmissin on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicky
つばきファクトリー

Post by Nicky »

1. Morning musume
2. C-ute
3. berryz Koubou
4. Juice = Juice
5. S/mileage
6. Kenshuusei
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

1. Morning Musume -- With their history and personalities, there's no real competition in my mind
2. Juice=Juice -- I have gigantic hopes for this group. They started just last year and were spectacular. They have some very unique and powerful voices!
3. C-ute -- I always told myself I loved Berryz and wouldn't listen to C-ute... But as the years went on, I realized I had generally listened to more C-ute songs than Berryz. I was stuck in Berryz's early stages. C-ute are amazing performers and have pretty much mastered it all. I can't think of any complaints on the group, I just don't follow them as much.
4. S/mileage -- As stated, most love Meimei. I'm no exception. The voices could use some work, generally, but overall they're good.
5. Berryz -- A "childhood" favorite of mine, I now just kind of glance at them. They lack connectivity. I think because they're all such different people, when they perform they don't harmonize. I dunno, sorry Berryz.
6. Kenshuusei Eggs -- Uhhhh I don't follow them at all, sorryz.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

My rankings change depending on the last concerts I've watched. Lately, it's all about MM first and foremost and S/mileage second. These groups are doing the most exciting stage performances today. The others are all good, too, but I just see new things every time I watch MM and S/mileage. C-ute and Berryz don't surprise me anymore--which is fine as long as they maintain their high performance quality--while MM and S/mileage do. 

This can all change, of course.

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

1. MM

2. C-ute

3. Juice=Juice

4. Berryz Kobo

5. Kenshuusei

MM have dominated my fandom for a long time. Even in their Kohorse days, their music was great so I've always loved their career. I just hated certain members, but no fault on the whole package by any means.

C-ute's last single sucked, but they're such strong performers in so many ways that I love to be wowed by them. I haven't experienced that pride in watching a group perform since getting into K-pop.

Juice=Juice could go great places, but we still have yet to see. They're talented as all get-out with the passion to boot, so I want them to shine.

Nothing against Berryz but they've never pulled me in. I LOVE their early songs but nothing since Ryuusei Boy has caught my attention... I enjoy them, but I just can't love them. I still haven't heard their new single though, so maybe that'll change.

That Kenshuusei belly button song was too weird for me, sorry.

Edit: phones are difficult to type on.
Last edited by showraniy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="showraniy"]
1. MM

2. C-ute

3. Juice=Juice

4. Berryz Kobo

5. Kenshuusei
[/quote]

You hate S/mileage that much? lol
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

1. Morning Musume - Simply, I'm a MM fan, but not a fan of the other H!P groups.
2. Juice=Juice - They're style caught me X-x I really like their song and I like their voices (Including Yuka and Akari). I wanna see more about their personalities, but I love the little i've seen of them. They need to improve their skills, specially their dancing. (When Ayumi replaced Karin... the difference was kinda worrying)

And just like Jpope, I don't really care about the others... Since I'm a new fan, I haven't heard many songs that aren't MM's

Kenshuusei - I'm even more curious about this girls, I don't know. I wanna see more about some of these girls than what I want to see from the other 3 groups. Manaka, Kaede, Ayano, Maria pls debut.
S/mileage - I liked Ee ka!? and even Samui ne, but their voices are maybe too "cute" for me.
Berryz Koubou - I don't really know what happens with this group, I don't really feel their voices, just Risako's. And I don't really like their current style.
ºC-ute - I haven't heard any of their songs, just Bye Bye Bye! and Tokai no Hitorigurashi. Though I like Chisato.
Image Hey
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

1. Morning Musume
2. C-ute
3. Other groups
4. Kenshuusei
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="171521" data-time="1392073814">
<div>
1. MM

2. C-ute

3. Juice=Juice

4. Berryz Kobo

5. Kenshuusei
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

.... I totally forgot them. :hahaha: I was on my phone so laziness excuse?

List with S/mileage:

1. MM
2. C-ute
3. Juice=Juice
4. Berryz Kobo
5. S/mileage
6. Kenshuusei

I honestly don't listen to S/mileage and never have, so I have no idea if they're a good group or not. I've heard Meimi solo songs during fanclub events, but the only S/mileage songs I've heard are Ee ka, Samui Ne, and before that.... that boppy song with lots of sound effects from their original lineup days. It had something like maru maru (two circles?) in the title. Or something.
Last edited by showraniy on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="171534" data-time="1392085614">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="171521" data-time="1392073814">
<div>
1. MM

2. C-ute

3. Juice=Juice

4. Berryz Kobo

5. Kenshuusei
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

.... I totally forgot them. :hahaha: I was on my phone so laziness excuse?

List with S/mileage:

1. MM
2. C-ute
3. Juice=Juice
4. Berryz Kobo
5. S/mileage
6. Kenshuusei

I honestly don't listen to S/mileage and never have, so I have no idea if they're a good group or not. I've heard Meimi solo songs during fanclub events, but the only S/mileage songs I've heard are Ee ka, Samui Ne, and before that.... that boppy song with lots of sound effects from their original lineup days. It had something like maru maru (two circles?) in the title. Or something.

</div>
</blockquote>

Their second album was great. You should go listen to it.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="showraniy"]
[/quote]
OO Ganbaranakute mo Ee nende!!

And Anderei is right, the second album amazing.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The first album is fairly solid too, but I think the second is more accessible to most people.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I feel the need to mention that Juice=Juice and S/mileage are pretty much tied for me.  4nin S/mileage would be above J=J though.

That being said, yes, the second album is amazing.  I was just listening to it.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I keep hearing that their second album is good. I guess I should give it a listen already.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Ditto on S/mileage's second album - good stuff!