What are you playing?

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Anderei »

I think I'm going to get a vita. Should I get it now or would it be best to wait until the slim version hits the market?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I'd get the original version if you can still find one. The LED screen is so much brighter and sharper than the slim screen.

I love my Vita. If you get it, get Playstation Plus and you'll get a half dozen free games with it.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That's what I was leaning towards. I don't think the slim is in the US until a few months from now so finding an original shouldn't be tough.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Gog.com is just running a 48h special, just go to the main site login/register an account and you get Dungeon Keeper (Gold edition) for free if you click on the banner on the main page.
It is one of the best strategy/building games of all time !

Here is a guide how to get KeeperFX, a mod that adds a ton of custom made campaigns/levels and, most importantly, native higher resolution support:
http://www.gog.com/forum/dungeon_keeper_series/keeperfx_how_to_play_high_res/page1
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I got my Vita today, and Persona 4 to go with it.

Having to buy a separate memory card is criminal, and I can't get over how much nicer the screen is compared to the 3DS.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Hahaha, oh wow... :popper:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="171818" data-time="1392404996">Gog.com is just running a 48h special, just go to the main site login/register an account and you get Dungeon Keeper (Gold edition) for free if you click on the banner on the main page.
It is one of the best strategy/building games of all time !

Here is a guide how to get KeeperFX, a mod that adds a ton of custom made campaigns/levels and, most importantly, native higher resolution support:
http://www.gog.com/forum/dungeon_keeper_series/keeperfx_how_to_play_high_res/page1</blockquote>
I'm wary of custom made fan content, but I'll sure check it out for the graphics support. Thanks! I grabbed DK2 for $1.50 too while I was at it.

And I love how this giveaway is a great way to say up yours to a certain publisher for releasing a shitty pay-2-win Dungeon Keeper for mobiles. :thumbsup:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]
Hahaha, oh wow... :popper:
[/quote]

Unfortunately, worthless garbage like that has been flooding Steam for quite some time now.
I wish I could delete all of these disgusting DVD menu simulators that are clearly not games from humanity's history. I am not joking, I absolutely HATE this shit.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Kickstarter got broken into and you should change your passwords and all that. Fucking pain in the ass. :geof:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="171860" data-time="1392490738"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="171858" data-time="1392489533">Hahaha, oh wow... :popper:</blockquote> 
Unfortunately, worthless garbage like that has been flooding Steam for quite some time now.
I wish I could delete all of these disgusting DVD menu simulators that are clearly not games from humanity's history. I am not joking, I absolutely HATE this shit.</blockquote>
I feel you... Though I do like good visual novels, if that's what you meant by "DVD menu simulators". :tongue:

Meanwhile, I started playing the Back To The Future game I got in some bundle. I felt I needed something slower after all the recent action games. It's not too bad so far, though playing a point-and-click adventure after (mostly) 3D shooters takes some getting used to. And to be honest, it's pretty ugly - the graphics belong to 10 years ago or on a portable console and don't even get my HD7850 to warm up.

I also got the first Danganronpa game fan translation running on my PSP. I never heard of this title before I read news about Danganronpa 2 being published in Europe, but when they mentioned it's like a mix of Phoenix Wright, Persona, and Battle Royale I knew it was a must-have (ok, I never played any Persona, but the other two are more than enough to get me excited). I'll get to it soon enough.
Last edited by aine on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]

I feel you... Though I do like good visual novels, if that's what you meant by "DVD menu simulators". :tongue:

[/quote]

No, I want to destroy all of them. As I've said, pure hatred.

BTTF is indeed pretty ugly, but it's great for fans of the best movie trilogy of all time and the last good game Telltale made.

The Titanfall beta is now open to nearly everybody and I'm enjoying it, but there are a few things I'd want to have:
 - Hardcore mode with much slower regenerating health (or none at all) and different/no minimap.
 - Remove the auto-aim smart pistol (or have servers being able to disable it).
 - And another thing I forgot while I was writing this. lol It's not going to happen, but; Make all weapons have some actual recoil.

It's exactly what I expected it to be, CoD 4 but with Mechs.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="171958" data-time="1392661456"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="171935" data-time="1392635093">I feel you... Though I do like good visual novels, if that's what you meant by "DVD menu simulators". :tongue:</blockquote> 
No, I want to destroy all of them. As I've said, pure hatred.

BTTF is indeed pretty ugly, but it's great for fans of the best movie trilogy of all time and the last good game Telltale made.</blockquote>
Just imagine you're reading a book. They're called visual novels for a reason. :tongue: There's fanfiction-tier garbage like the one I linked, but there are some really great engaging stories as well (not to sound like a broken record, but Ace Attorney).

I finished the first part of BTTF last night and apart from the visual ugliness it is indeed great, speaking as a casual fan of the film trilogy and an 80's child.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Double post because the new Humble Bundle is pretty great. I have half the titles already but I got it anyway for the soundtracks.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]
Double post because the new Humble Bundle is pretty great. I have half the titles already but I got it anyway for the soundtracks.
[/quote]

Man, that'd be a great package, if guacameme wasn't in it.
Luckily you can split the money how you want, so I don't have to give those people any money.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

What's the matter with Guacamelee? That's a great game.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
What's the matter with Guacamelee? That's a great game.
[/quote]

There are things about it I don't like, but I think I've hate-posted enough in here for now, so I'm not going to go on a rampage about.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I'm addicted to Twitch Plays Pokemon. It's so fascinating. Like a trainwreck.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

If they make it through Victory Road, it's proof mankind is capable of anything.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Just finished Antichamber.
Very bizarre and unique style, even if there's really a lot of aliasing/small graphic bugs. Somehow it adds to the overall weird look.
I'm sure several of the puzzles have more than one way to solve it or at least get past it, because some of the stupid ideas I came up with and worked were probably not the intended way.
Or maybe the game's puzzles are just really good at making you feel smart.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Renegade X, a remake to one of the most ingenious FPSs of all time, C&C:Renegade, is out:
http://renegade-x.com/

It's completely free and no pay to win bullshit !
Sabaku Ika
モーニング娘。

Post by Sabaku Ika »

Playing too many games at once as usual. Especially recommended by me are Rayman Legends, Sengoku Basara 4, and Skullgirls Encore.
Bravely Default and Strider are on hold for now, but will be returned too.
Last edited by Sabaku Ika on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://tsoape.wordpress.com">The Slowest of All Possible Elevators</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://psnprofiles.com/staplefrog">[img ... lefrog.png[/img]</a>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

How far into Bravely Default have you gotten?
Sabaku Ika
モーニング娘。

Post by Sabaku Ika »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]
Beginning of Chapter 2.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://tsoape.wordpress.com">The Slowest of All Possible Elevators</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://psnprofiles.com/staplefrog">[img ... lefrog.png[/img]</a>

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I got Lightning Returns as a birthday present. It's the final frontier of hope for the XIII series. Is anyone else braving it with me?

I haven't actually played it yet as I'd like to actually get further into Ni no Kuni and Tales of Xillia before starting another long game, but I'm suspiciously optimistic.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="showraniy"]
I got Lightning Returns as a birthday present. It's the final frontier of hope for the XIII series. Is anyone else braving it with me?

I haven't actually played it yet as I'd like to actually get further into Ni no Kuni and Tales of Xillia before starting another long game, but I'm suspiciously optimistic.
[/quote]

I played for 3 or 4 hours a couple of weeks ago but haven't touched it since. The whole forced time restraint mechanic has absolutely killed it for me. Maybe enough people will whine that they can somehow put in a way to remove it.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="showraniy"]

[/quote]

Played the demo with a friend, but I've uninstalled it immediately afterwards.

I'd recommend playing more NNK ! It's really great.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Metro Last Light with Season Pass -70% off on Humble Store, I think I'll finally bite.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

It's also free this month on PS3 for Playstation Plus members, but it will be over soon. Tomb Raider is the freebie for March.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Sabaku Ika"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="172584" data-time="1393459479">
<div>
[/quote]
Beginning of Chapter 2.

</div>
</blockquote>

Oh, so you've got a long ways to go. I finished it the other night. Even though the design choice they made halfway through the game was... interesting, I still really enjoyed it. I'm excited for the sequel.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Dark Souls II got the Aliens Colonial Marines treatment in a few areas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhckus8ktgE

At least on consoles.

The PC version looks promising:
http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/236430/ss_821ac8a59caa024e75c49087947efbd71a82b237.1920x1080.jpg?t=1394663174
http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/236430/ss_817c8c4863e4e9989e1eb889e2a8a0604bdb798d.1920x1080.jpg?t=1394663174

If the PC version is going to look the exact same, I'm gonna cancel my pre-ordered CE and just get a cheap download key from somewhere.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I just spent ~3 or 4 hours today playing Resident Evil 1 for the first time. It's been so many years since I played a RE that I forgot the controls suck.

I eventually gave up after dying for the umpteenth time and doing the same tasks over and over without any ink ribbons to save in between, but I'm glad I played some of it at least. Good times. I much prefer the gameplay in the new ones, but the horror of the old is very fun.