Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by taylor »

Do you guys think it's acceptable to cut out some announcements in posts when translating? Sometimes when I translate a post it will have an announcement for a TV show or a concert tour that isn't really relevant to the overseas fans or the actual blog entry itself. Is it okay to just skip those? I honestly hate translating them  :doh:
WhiteForte
Juice=Juice

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by WhiteForte »

^
It could be, but I guess it serves as info for the future, like to find some stuff that has been lost.
<p style="text-align:right;">PNG Emoji list http://blog-project.net/?p=253876&preview=true
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Sorry for not even logging on here for over a week, and for not translating for much longer than that.  I'll get back to work and into the groove of things soon. :down:

[quote="taylor"]
Do you guys think it's acceptable to cut out some announcements in posts when translating? Sometimes when I translate a post it will have an announcement for a TV show or a concert tour that isn't really relevant to the overseas fans or the actual blog entry itself. Is it okay to just skip those? I honestly hate translating them  :doh:
[/quote]

They tend to be pretty similar to each other, so once you translate one you can usually use that as a base of sorts.  I don't know if your problem with them is that they're super formal/like an instruction manual or all the kanji, but either way it should help.  That being said, in the past it's seemed to be the general consensus that the blog itself (i.e. what the member writes) is the most important thing and if a long staff message/announcement gets in the way of that, it can be skipped.  Though remember that you can always get help translating things like that in this thread.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

[quote="NekoKai"]
Sorry for not even logging on here for over a week, and for not translating for much longer than that.  I'll get back to work and into the groove of things soon. :down:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="taylor" data-cid="177999" data-time="1406064901">
<div>
[/quote]

They tend to be pretty similar to each other, so once you translate one you can usually use that as a base of sorts.  I don't know if your problem with them is that they're super formal/like an instruction manual or all the kanji, but either way it should help.  That being said, in the past it's seemed to be the general consensus that the blog itself (i.e. what the member writes) is the most important thing and if a long staff message/announcement gets in the way of that, it can be skipped.  Though remember that you can always get help translating things like that in this thread.
</div>
</blockquote>

The kanji and the length make the announcements quite a nuisance to translate, but I'll just have to use my discretion about which ones to translate and which to skip.

Also, could somebody help me with these two lines? In the first line she's talking about a Doraemon themed TV show she appeared on with Mizuki and in the 2nd line things just get weird.

「皆さん、ものすごい方たちばかりでドラえもん好きって言うのが本当に申し訳なかったです」

and 

「本戦出場を決めた、親方パワーズの大嶽 遥さん!
おめでとうございます」

What the heck is "親方パワーズ"??

http://blog-project.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=205254&action=edit
Last edited by taylor on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxperkins84
Kenshuusei

Post by maxperkins84 »

[quote="taylor"]
「皆さん、ものすごい方たちばかりでドラえもん好きって言うのが本当に申し訳なかったです」
[/quote]

皆さん(が)ものすごい《物凄い》方たち《人達》ばかりで(あって、) I found myself among such incredible people
ドラえもん好き《ずき》って言うのが本当に申し訳なかったです that I felt really bad (lit. wanted to apologize) for even trying to call myself a fan of 'Doraemon'

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

「本戦出場を決めた、親方パワーズの大嶽 遥さん!
おめでとうございます」

What the heck is "親方パワーズ"??
</blockquote>

If you take a look at the video or some screenshots from it (google e.g. 工藤 ドラえもん知識), you'll notice the contestants had their affiliation written on their name tags, for example モーニング娘。14の工藤遥
So that would be "Ootake Haruka of Oyakata Powers"
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

[quote="NekoKai"]

[/quote]

If you need any help catching up with Momoko, I can lend a hand. :)
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I'd like to formally stop translating Iikubo.  It takes too much time! Takahashi's entries are so short that I can drum them out here and there but I can't sit for 15min+ on Iikubo and all her obscure (to me) anime/manga references.

Sorry.

If there is someone who has Takahashi-like posts of brevity and cuteness, I will shift over.  
xepher416
Kenshuusei

Post by xepher416 »

Just a heads up, I will be on vacation from August 7-30 and chances are I won't have wifi where I'm staying so I will be unable to prep. Yuzu, I will prep all Sakura posts before I leave and if Nekokai you want me to prep some niigaki I will.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I'll go to England earlier than I thought, I don't know if I'll have wi-fi but I'll try to continue prepping. I'll be back in France next week.
Campy <3 !
Mezumiiru
Kenshuusei

Post by Mezumiiru »

I prepped Momoko post about Berryz if someone want to translate it :cryalot:

Edit: and also Tsunku post
Last edited by Mezumiiru on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

I'm working on the posts from my regular girls about the announcement... if no one else wants to jump on those I might try and do them too.

Seems NekoKai has done Momo... I'll check out Tsunku's post.
Last edited by rokun on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

Not sure if tpc's around, but Harunan made a brief comment on Berryz' hiatus (+Ayacho birthday), so would anyone be willing to prep?

http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/entry-11903857922.html
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

^ Did it, though I wasn't sure about the spacing and the size of the picture. Sorry if it turned out weird compared to the past entries.

I've prepped Kanyon's thoughts about it, too. I don't know if she'll write more about it tomorrow, since it was rather short for a Berryz blog post from her. Lurkette hasn't translated in a while, so I think if someone is willing to take it, they can.
Last edited by Neminia on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I'll translate Iikubo and I also went ahead and translated Wada...

Wow, Berryz is disbanding :( 
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Mezumiiru"]
I prepped Momoko post about Berryz if someone want to translate it :cryalot:

Edit: and also Tsunku post
[/quote]

Thank you!  I'm working on it now.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I am the middle of seminar and many events occur during the weekend. I will prep early morning tomorrow for all Maachan's and Ishida's entries.

Thank you Neminia for prepping Iikubo's post concerning Berryz Koubou. It was a sad news after all.

I will stop prepping Iikubo's post until someone picks her up again. :D
Emoji List

<a href="http://blog-project.net/?p=80734&previe ... ew=true</a>
Sample Prepping Work Video
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I prepped Yurina's post ; Risako didn't post anything about that for the moment and I'll prep my other girls tomorrow.
Campy <3 !
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I'm going to go ahead and post it because it's the middle of the night here, but there are a couple of lines that I don't think I understood completely what she was trying to say.  Original.

デビューのお披露目でいちばんはじめにBerryz工房として立たせていただいたステージ 東京・中野サンプラザで発表させていただきました。
First to begin with on the debut of our debut as Berryz Koubou, we got to stand on Stage Tokyo and got to announce it at Nakano Sunplaza.

普段イロモノとなぜか言われてしまうももちが普通になじんでしまうBerryz工房は普通じゃない!!(笑)
With the usual colored clothing, I'll be called Momochi for some reason, Berryz Koubou, which ordinarily will fit in, isn't ordinary!! (lol)
<div> </div>
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

[quote="NekoKai"]
デビューのお披露目でいちばんはじめにBerryz工房として立たせていただいたステージ 東京・中野サンプラザで発表させていただきました。
First to begin with on the debut of our debut as Berryz Koubou, we got to stand on Stage Tokyo and got to announce it at Nakano Sunplaza.

[/quote]

The first time we got to stand on stage as Berryz Kobo was when our début was announced, and the announcement was made in Nakano Sunplaza in Tokyo.

EDIT: Snappier version - 'The first time we stood on stage as Berryz Kobo was at Nakano Sunplaza in Tokyo, when our début was announced.'

<div> </div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="178231" data-time="1407024524">

普段イロモノとなぜか言われてしまうももちが普通になじんでしまうBerryz工房は普通じゃない!!(笑)
With the usual colored clothing, I'll be called Momochi for some reason, Berryz Koubou, which ordinarily will fit in, isn't ordinary!! (lol)
</blockquote>

</div>
Looking up イロモノ, I get the sense that it's something like 'special' or 'unique', with a negative connotation (ref: here, here, and here)
Sentence structure is a mess, but this is how I think it breaks down:

普段イロモノとなぜか言われてしまうももちが - That the Momochi that is normally said to possess uniqueness is
普通になじんでしまうBerryz工房は -Berryz Kobo that got used to it is
普通じゃない - Not normal

'It isn't normal how Berryz Kobo ended up getting used to the Momochi who's normally said to be a unique personality!! (lol)'
Last edited by Skoban on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
maxperkins84
Kenshuusei

Post by maxperkins84 »

Skoban, I'm afraid I need to make a couple of small corrections to your translations.

1. NekoKai didn't quote the complete sentence, which made it harder to pick up the context and produce an accurate translation.
The complete sentence:

<div>今日のライブ (←when)</div>
<div>デビューのお披露目でいちばんはじめにBerryz工房として立たせていただいたステージ 東京・中野サンプラザで (←where)</div>
<div>発表させていただきました。 (←what happened)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"We made the announcement today, at the concert in Tokyo Nakano SunPlaza,</div>
<div>the very same stage we stood on for the first time as Berryz Kobo."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>2. 普段イロモノとなぜか言われてしまうももちが普通になじんでしまうBerryz工房は普通じゃない!!(笑)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The 普通 is an allusion to their 『普通、アイドル10年やってらんないでしょ!?』 which obviously takes on a whole new significance in view of the recent events. So I think it's important to try to preserve the reference.</div>
<div>In my usual long-winded way of speaking, I'd write something like this:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"Berryz Kobo are the group who became normal friends with Momochi The Oddball (which people somehow want to make me out to be, lol),</div>
<div>so,</div>
<div>Berryz Kobo most def aren't 'normal'! "</div>
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

Aika and Kudo wrote about Berryz, both entries are prepped.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Thanks, max!

Thank you, Neminia.  I'm working on Aika's post now.  Mezumiiru, could you please prep Meimi's post about it?  And could someone prep Rina's post, please?

[quote="eri"]
I'd like to formally stop translating Iikubo.  It takes too much time! Takahashi's entries are so short that I can drum them out here and there but I can't sit for 15min+ on Iikubo and all her obscure (to me) anime/manga references.

Sorry.

If there is someone who has Takahashi-like posts of brevity and cuteness, I will shift over.  
[/quote]

You could take Risa if you want, she's the only person I can think of who posts similar to Ai.
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

^ Prepped Rina for you~
Last edited by Neminia on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

More prep requests. This time around:
Fujimoto Mikiand
Kusumi Koharu.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and do Chinami's, since BG hasn't updated her in a while.

[quote="maxperkins84"]
The 普通 is an allusion to their 『普通、アイドル10年やってらんないでしょ!?』 which obviously takes on a whole new significance in view of the recent events. So I think it's important to try to preserve the reference.
<div> </div>
[/quote]

Ah, did not notice the reference. That clears things up a bit. Thank you very much for pointing that out.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I'm prepping Koha's & Miki's posts, then I'll do Risako's & Aichan's. Reina didn't post about it, did she ?
Campy <3 !
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

^Here's Reina's post about it.

[quote="Neminia"]
^ Prepped Rina for you~
[/quote]

Thank you!
<div> </div>
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Sorry to double post.  Takeuchi and Kana both blogged about Berryz, too.

[quote="xepher"]
Just a heads up, I will be on vacation from August 7-30 and chances are I won't have wifi where I'm staying so I will be unable to prep. Yuzu, I will prep all Sakura posts before I leave and if Nekokai you want me to prep some niigaki I will.
[/quote]

Could you prep Risa's post about Berryz?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="xepher"]
[/quote]

OK, thanks for the heads up.  I'm doing some Sakura posts right now, but just do what you can before vacation.  As far as I've noticed she hasn't blogged about Berryz unless I totally missed something.  While you're on vacation I'll just ask if anyone else can prep if I see an important entry.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

[quote="NekoKai"]
Sorry to double post.  Takeuchi and Kana both blogged about Berryz, too.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="xepher" data-cid="178173" data-time="1406919881">
<div>
[/quote]

Could you prep Risa's post about Berryz?
</div>
</blockquote>

Takeuchi and Nakanishi are done.