Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
OtakebiBoy
Kenshuusei

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by OtakebiBoy »

Hi everyone! I just made my account here and made my first post in the Intoductions thread: http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=2007&page=45

I see that there are 2 red blanks for Makino Maria in the spreadsheet. May I take these 2 positions?
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by momoirosaya »

^After Aina has approved you.

And welcome!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

Would anyone be willing to tranlate Kobushi Factory posts about major debut announcement (6/14 posts)? Or at least some of them?
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana:
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

I'll go ahead and pick up Taguchi Natsumi's blog to translate from now on if that's okay.
<p style="text-align:right;">Manaka.....
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'll try and grab the rest.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

Thank you, Saya! 
http://blog-project.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=233973&action=edit (Inoue), http://blog-project.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=233978&action=edit (Wada), http://blog-project.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=233989&action=edit (Ogawa), http://blog-project.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=233995&action=edit (Nomura - quite long one), http://blog-project.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=234001&action=edit (Fujii - this one too), http://blog-project.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=234007&action=edit (Hirose)

And thank you too michirin! 
http://blog-project.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=233982&action=edit (Taguchi - 6/14 post)
I can start prepping from this post on. Natsumi updates her blog almost daily. Is it ok to keep prepping them all, or would you prefer less posts a week?
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

Thank you very much PyoKiyo!
It's okay to prep them all if it's not too much work.
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

No problem. :) Taguchi is an easy one to prepp. =D Looking forward to working with you.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Ill do Mano but only once in a while. Right now I cannot commit but give me 2 months and I will clear the backlog.
shii510
Kenshuusei

Post by shii510 »

I just wanted to pop by for an update to say that this week has been swamped with work (and the last 2 weeks), so I've been tired to do anything else really :/ sorry. I don't think posts for Mano, Manakan or Karin has been caught up, so I'm not that pressured fortunately but I do want to continue for those three.
reinlite
Kenshuusei

Post by reinlite »

So it seems life has caught up to me. I haven't been able to translate blogs lately because of school but mostly work and I know my schedule won't get any more lax any time soon. And because I don't have time on the weekends to blow through a backlog, I'm going to have to stop translating. I had a feeling this would happen with work back when I joined, but I decided to try it anyway. I'm sorry if this inconveniences anyone. So if anyone wants, Yuka, Aina, and Riko are up for grabs. Hotaru, you can go ahead and stop prepping and if you wouldn't mind, could you publish the Riko blogs I translated once the new tags are made? I'll try my best to find some free time to continue doing this sometime in the future. It was a lot of fun doing this for the short while I did. Thank you all,  especially aine for accepting me and Hotaru for prepping.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^You're always welcome to come back!

I've been doing this on and off since this site started a couple years ago.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Kobushi Factory categories are done! :D/

Thanks for your patience folks. :oiy: You can go crazy on them now. And let me know if you spot any issues (note - a category won't show on the side bar until there is at least one published post in it).

Next project is updating colours/icons for all other recent new members, including 12ki, Tsubaki, and Country Girls. Just not today. =3=

I also really need to update the spreadsheet with all the changes in preppers and translators. Actually I may do this next as a priority. I wonder if NekoKai has forsaken us for good. :nono:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="reinlite" data-cid="189002" data-time="1434892182">So it seems life has caught up to me. I haven't been able to translate blogs lately because of school but mostly work and I know my schedule won't get any more lax any time soon. And because I don't have time on the weekends to blow through a backlog, I'm going to have to stop translating. I had a feeling this would happen with work back when I joined, but I decided to try it anyway. I'm sorry if this inconveniences anyone. So if anyone wants, Yuka, Aina, and Riko are up for grabs. Hotaru, you can go ahead and stop prepping and if you wouldn't mind, could you publish the Riko blogs I translated once the new tags are made? I'll try my best to find some free time to continue doing this sometime in the future. It was a lot of fun doing this for the short while I did. Thank you all,  especially aine for accepting me and Hotaru for prepping.</blockquote>
Thanks for the heads-up reinlite! It's too bad, but life is life. As Saya said, you're welcome to start up again when you have more spare time, your account will still be there. In any case, good luck with your work. :thumbsup:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

[quote="reinlite"]
So it seems life has caught up to me. I haven't been able to translate blogs lately because of school but mostly work and I know my schedule won't get any more lax any time soon. And because I don't have time on the weekends to blow through a backlog, I'm going to have to stop translating. I had a feeling this would happen with work back when I joined, but I decided to try it anyway. I'm sorry if this inconveniences anyone. So if anyone wants, Yuka, Aina, and Riko are up for grabs. Hotaru, you can go ahead and stop prepping and if you wouldn't mind, could you publish the Riko blogs I translated once the new tags are made? I'll try my best to find some free time to continue doing this sometime in the future. It was a lot of fun doing this for the short while I did. Thank you all,  especially aine for accepting me and Hotaru for prepping.
[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know Reinlite! I'll for sure publish Riko's blogs when the tags are finished. If you ever want to take up translating again I will most likely be up for prepping for you again :)

As for anyone else, I'm only prepping for one girl now, so if anyone would like a prepper, I'm completely open!
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

Great! Thanks Aine. I'll start translating Tanimoto Ami's blog for now.

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Hey all, please welcome OtakebiBoy as a new translator. :party: He will pick up Maria's blog. I'm not sure if he will need a prepper, but I'll let him sort it out with you all himself. =3=

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="michirin" data-cid="189017" data-time="1434934202">Great! Thanks Aine. I'll start translating Tanimoto Ami's blog for now.</blockquote>
Thanks and good luck! :thumbsup:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
OtakebiBoy
Kenshuusei

Post by OtakebiBoy »

Hey everyone. I just posted my first blog translation on blog!project: http://blog-project.net/makino-maria/234373

There weren't any pictures in this blog and I didn't really understand how to replace the emoticons from the video tutorial, so I just copied and pasted them from the original blog. I couldn't find some of the faces in the menu, so copy/paste was the only way to get them

I hope it looks all right. If it does, I don't think I will need a prepper

If not, please let me know how I can make it better next time
shii510
Kenshuusei

Post by shii510 »

Hi OtakebiBoy, for the emoticons, if you can't find them, you're suppose to save the gif and upload them to wordpress. You can initally copy paste them but it's mainly as a placeholder to know where to replace the emoticon. That's what I do at least.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Honestly when I used to prep (back before it was a separate job), if they used to use a lot of emoticons (Tanaka-freaking-Reina) I would just skip them all together. In the long run people just care about the words.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

Saya, do you still need a prepper for Kisora and Yumeno? I can start whenever you want. 
OtakebiBoy
Kenshuusei

Post by OtakebiBoy »

[quote="Saya"]
Honestly when I used to prep (back before it was a separate job), if they used to use a lot of emoticons (Tanaka-freaking-Reina) I would just skip them all together. In the long run people just care about the words.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

http://blog-project.net/makino-maria/234387
Here I just copied the whole content at once and replaced the sentences on the spot. I didn't do anything extra with the emoticons (I just left them the way they were), but they seemed to turn out fine

Again, there were no pictures/selfies, so I still haven't handled any images yet
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="michirin" data-cid="189064" data-time="1435026106">
Saya, do you still need a prepper for Kisora and Yumeno? I can start whenever you want.</blockquote>If you have the time, that'd be awesome! I would say start tomorrow if you can.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="OtakebiBoy" data-cid="189066" data-time="1435026887"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="189060" data-time="1435022892">

Honestly when I used to prep (back before it was a separate job), if they used to use a lot of emoticons (Tanaka-freaking-Reina) I would just skip them all together. In the long run people just care about the words.</blockquote>

Thanks for the advice.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://blog-project.net/makino-maria/23 ... /234387</a>

Here I just copied the whole content at once and replaced the sentences on the spot. I didn't do anything extra with the emoticons (I just left them the way they were), but they seemed to turn out fine

Again, there were no pictures/selfies, so I still haven't handled any images yet</blockquote>
No problem!

Did you just copy and paste the emoji's from ameblo? We can't do that because it costs more to hot link images from other sites, because the source of the image will still be ameblo.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
OtakebiBoy
Kenshuusei

Post by OtakebiBoy »

The first time I wrote the English sentences in MS Word, moved it to the new post in blog!project and then copied and pasted the emojis (I'm guessing this is not what I'm supposed to do)

The second time I copied and pasted the whole thing at once and just replaced the sentences in the blog!project post, leaving everything else the way it was. This blog didn't have any pictures/selfies/images, so I don't think the source anything would be ameblo
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

To avoid that, what is usually done is to find the closest matching emoticon here and putting it in it's place. It doesn't have to be exact, just close enough. All of the emoticons are sourced to ameblo, so it's the same if there were pictures/images. Also, a tip, you don't need to the keep the "Makino Maria" part in the title. They do that to differentiate between posts, but since we have our own categories on B!P it is not needed.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I would like to offer to take on Kudou Haruka's blog as well. Currently, her translator is Taylor, but she hasn't translated or been on in a while, so if she wants to give her up!
OtakebiBoy
Kenshuusei

Post by OtakebiBoy »

[quote="Thea"]
I would like to offer to take on Kudou Haruka's blog as well. Currently, her translator is Taylor, but she hasn't translated or been on in a while, so if she wants to give her up!
[/quote]

That's fine with me if Taylor doesn't mind!
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

[quote="Thea"]
[/quote]
I'm not interested in giving up Kudou or Suzuki. I do need preppers for them though since Star is no longer able to do it.  I'm planning on digging through some of the the backlog in the meantime. 
[quote="Thea"]
[/quote]
I'm not interested in giving up Kudou or Suzuki. I do need preppers for them though since Star is no longer able to do it.  I'm planning on digging through some of the the backlog in the meantime. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

That's fine! Thought I'd offer, thank you.  :joyful:
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

Hey Taylor!

I currently am only prepping for one girl (and its sporadic as yuzu catches up). If you'd like, I can take over the prepping for Haruka and Ayumi if you would like?
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

[quote="Hotaru"]
Hey Taylor!

I currently am only prepping for one girl (and its sporadic as yuzu catches up). If you'd like, I can take over the prepping for Haruka and Ayumi if you would like?
[/quote]

If you could prep for Haruka, that'd be great! Thank you  :sideways: Can you start from this post?http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/theme3-10059753270.html

I don't translate Ayumi (II believe Saya does), but I do translate for Suzuki Kanon. Would you be willing to prep for her as well? She posts very infrequently, about 2-3 times a week at most. If not, that's totally fine :)
Last edited by taylor on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.