Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by Hotaru »

^ oh! Yes I can prep for S. Kanon as well. I just read your post wrong at first in my sleepiness. I will start promptly tomorrow!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah I translate Ayumi, and I have already have a prepper.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
OtakebiBoy
Kenshuusei

Post by OtakebiBoy »

May I translate for Ogata Haruna?

I notice PyoKiyo prepped this blog http://ameblo.jp/mm-12ki/entry-12042636672.htmland it's just sitting there in the All Posts. I just want to make sure it's ok before I touch something that I shouldn't mess with
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

OtakebiBoy, Ogata Haruna and Haga Akane are both taken by arcobaleno. The spreadsheet isn't up to date yet.  :hahaha:
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

Saya, you forgot to translate one line in this post  :joyful:

And I'll stop prepping Fukuda for the time being, because Lurkette seems to be absent again. I'll continue once she returns!

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Neminia" data-cid="189237" data-time="1435255131">
Saya, you forgot to translate one line in <a class="bbc_url" href="http://blog-project.net/ishida-ayumi/232275">this post</a> :joyful:
</blockquote>
Whoops! Thanks for catching that!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
OtakebiBoy
Kenshuusei

Post by OtakebiBoy »

[quote="Thea"]
OtakebiBoy, Ogata Haruna and Haga Akane are both taken by arcobaleno. The spreadsheet isn't up to date yet.  :hahaha:
[/quote]

That's not the point.

What I meant was, a lot of the prepped posts are piling up and since I had already read that blog and thought about the words (and it was the first item on the list), I felt guilty about leaving it alone. Some fan could have been waiting to read that blog. The only reason I made my previous post above instead of just translating it without asking was just to make sure I wasn't doing something I'm not supposed to do

I see that arcobaleno has already translated that one by now, but in the future, I don't think there is a good reason to just wait like how I did yesterday and this morning

Just like how the reader cares about the content and overlooks the emoticons, the translator's name that appears is not so important to the reader

Sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes! I just felt bad not touching it and I just thought I should ask for permission before I did
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

That is not how we work here. Each translator claims a girl's blog to translate, and they translate their blog. Yes, there are drafts that pile up that need to be worked through, but that is the responsibility of the respective translator, until he or she drops the girl. PyoKiyo prepped that blog yesterday, and Arcobaleno translated the blog today. Arco did not wait a month to translate the post, he waited approximately 24 hours. We all do our best to translate as soon as we can, but sometimes we have other engagements that prevents us from translating the moment something is prepped and/or posted. 

No, the name of the translator on the blog does not matter to the readers, but it matters to us. If your prepper were to prep your post, and I were to decide to do it because you were busy for a few hours, would you not be upset? I had taken your work that you enjoy and look forward to doing. This is the same reason why I asked Taylor if I could take over Kudou, rather than just started working on the backlog. It is a matter of principle. This is the reason to wait like you did yesterday and this morning.

Of course, if it is an important announcement post or something similar, if you want to ask the translator if you can do it, if they give the a-ok then that's fine! But please do not take something that belongs to someone else without their explicit permission first.
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

Hamaura Ayano posted the same picture twice in one post, once in the midle and once at the end. http://ameblo.jp/kobushi-factory/entry-12043890522.html
Is it better to prepp the post the way it was posted or to keep only one picture since they are identic?
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana:
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I would say prep the exact same, and then the translator can put a note that it was a mistake on Hama's part? Since she'll probably mention it in her next blog post that she messed up.
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

Alright, thank you.
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana:
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

Does anyone know why this post is looking like this even though I've done the spacing properly?  :confused:

http://blog-project.net/asakura-kiki/235032
<p style="text-align:right;">Manaka.....
shii510
Kenshuusei

Post by shii510 »

Click the Text tab to see if the html tags are screwing up the formatting.

Edit: When pasting the text from the blog post, they may have <div> </div> html tags which may mess up the formatting. Just delete them all in the Text tab. I did them for you :) You'll have to do the spacing again... I think.

Hint - copy all and paste in wordpad and use the find function to remove them to save you time. :)
Last edited by shii510 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

Thank you very much!!  :grin:  :heart:
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

To avoid copying the HTML from Ameba, first post it into notepad, and then copy it and move it over.
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

Before the tags were up, Reinlite was translating for Yamagishi Riko. They asked me to post them up for them when the tags were completed, however I only have the option to submit them for review. If someone who can accept posts could post these, that would be awesome.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Hotaru, I would like to help out! I checked the dashboard and saw some posts in the Yamagishi category that are pending. I checked, and I have the ability to publish them. Are those explicitly in the category the only ones you mean, or are there possibly more, uncategorized posts from Yamagishi?
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

I went through and submitted quite a few of them, but there are more that I didn't submit. I will go through and tag all of her posts now.

Edit: Thanks Arcobaleno!
Last edited by Hotaru on Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Hotaru and Xepher:  I finally finished all three of Sayuki's massive Q&As from my backlog, so I expect to finish the rest of my backlog this week.  Please prep daily starting Monday (7/6).  Thanks guys! :)
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Hey all, Meroron has been approved as a new translator. :party: She is interested in translating Asakura Kiki and Wada Sakurako.

As usual, I'll let you figure out prepping schedule with her. And I promise I'll get to updating the spreadsheet soon. =3=

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

Welcome to the team Meroron! You can take Asakura Kiki if you want, I'll leave the posts I haven't translated yet prepped for you, okay?  :joyful:

On a side note, I'm picking up some Kobushis that don't seem to have translators, but if anyone was already planning to translate or wants to please tell me!!
Meroron
Kenshuusei

Post by Meroron »

Hi guys! o/ Glad to join the team!

[quote="michirin"]
Welcome to the team Meroron! You can take Asakura Kiki if you want, I'll leave the posts I haven't translated yet prepped for you, okay?  :joyful:
[/quote]
Thank you! :D I can see the drafts!

Looks like there's been multiple people translating WadaSaku, the most recent translated entry is from June 14 and was posted by Saya, should I start with working on the entries that came after that one?

EDIT: I'm seeing that the ???? and ???? emoticons aren't included in the Kiki draft I'm translating right now. For future reference, should I always remove them? Do they not display properly on the website? Can they be replaced by similar symbols?
Last edited by Meroron on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I just did the official announcement of their debut. You can translate the past posts if you wish, or just from now on. It's up to you.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Meroron"]
EDIT: I'm seeing that the ???? and ???? emoticons aren't included in the Kiki draft I'm translating right now. For future reference, should I always remove them? Do they not display properly on the website? Can they be replaced by similar symbols?
[/quote]

If it's an image hosted by Ameba, they need to be replaced. I'm assuming you aren't a (self-)prepper? You won't need to worry about it if you aren't!  But if you are, it's best to either upload the image to B!P and use it, or find a similar one from here.
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

They are not images but characters, they just disappear after saving the draft or publishing o.o
Meroron
Kenshuusei

Post by Meroron »

I'm guessing they aren't compatible with wordpress somehow? I'll try replacing them with ★ and ♥ for now, then.

[quote="Saya"]
I just did the official announcement of their debut. You can translate the past posts if you wish, or just from now on. It's up to you.
[/quote]
Oh, okay!
I translated the 6/28 entry for the translation sample when applying, so I think I'll start with that and then ones that came after...
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

I'm sorry that I didn't prep lately. I will try to catch up next week!
Meroron
Kenshuusei

Post by Meroron »

@ Michirin, I noticed when posting the drafts of the posts you prepped that you're adding the page URL instead of the permalink URL on the posts//
The old posts get bumped down the pages everytime a new post is made so the links start leading to the wrong posts

for an instance this post
is linking to here: http://ameblo.jp/tsubaki-factory/theme2-10090188560.html(page 2 of the Asakura Kiki theme, now linking to a different post)
instead of here: http://ameblo.jp/tsubaki-factory/entry-12044300434.html(permalink)

I can change the links on the few Kiki entries with the problem, but I thought I should point it out just in case//
michirin
Kenshuusei

Post by michirin »

Thank you very much Meroron! I didn't notice. I'll link them properly.

Do you want me to keep prepping Kiki or are you going to do it yourself?
Meroron
Kenshuusei

Post by Meroron »

You're busier than me, doing more blogs... So I think I'd be fine prepping them... since she doesn't really use any image emoticons, it doesn't take very long