Hello Venus

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Derby
ANGERME

Re: Hello Venus

Post by Derby »

Wtf is going on?? are they Hello Venus or Wassup?
Do you guys remember Wassup, I do

The whole teaser is bad and the management is a disaster
I have stated that I don't like the overly cute style but if the cute groups follows this path, there won't be cute girls anymore...
Until Koreans start to miss and appreciate cute girls and the agencies brings that concept back AND I WON'T STOP SEEING CUTE AND CUTE AND CUTE GIRLS AGAIN
Last edited by Derby on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I do remember Wassup because they just had a really awful comeback.

Girl groups like the original HV are back on the rise which makes the huge image change surprising. Lovelyz and Laboum just debuted and are managed by well known and respected companies and Apink are probably the most popular girl group in Korea right now. My friend says people LOVE them.

HV are at a disadvantage because even though Pledis isn't great management, the other company who is now solely in charge have never worked with idols before. They were solely an acting company before they did the deal with Pledis. That and they lost their most popular member with the split.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Derby"]
I have stated that I don't like the overly cute style but if the cute groups follows this path, there won't be cute girls anymore...
[/quote]

Seeing how well the plastic sleeping pill A pink does, I doubt that.

@Anderei; What's your source that the "most popular member" left?
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well, she didn't 'leave'. But YooAra was the most popular member and their main vocalist, but she was signed with Pledis. Both of the girls that aren't in the group anymore were with Pledis, who are no longer involved with the group in any way. Hello Venus was a joint project by two companies and they both put in trainees.

It's not saying much since they were never a relevant or popular group to begin with. But they lost their top girl, are being managed by a company with no experience, who has put them on the path of an overtly sexy concept, which rarely goes well in Korea. A lot of people think the stuff like the Wiggle video is good since it's getting a lot of views, but it's probably not going to win them any points with most people. All publicity is not good publicity for kpop idols.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Anderei"]
Well, she didn't 'leave'. But YooAra was the most popular member and their main vocalist, but she was signed with Pledis. Both of the girls that aren't in the group anymore were with Pledis, who are no longer involved with the group in any way. Hello Venus was a joint project by two companies and they both put in trainees.

It's not saying much since they were never a relevant or popular group to begin with. But they lost their top girl, are being managed by a company with no experience, who has put them on the path of an overtly sexy concept, which rarely goes well in Korea. A lot of people think the stuff like the Wiggle video is good since it's getting a lot of views, but it's probably not going to win them any points with most people. All publicity is not good publicity for kpop idols.
[/quote]

Yeah, but it never seemed to me that Yoo Ara was the most popular member.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Guys, I seriously cannot get enough of Wiggle Wiggle. I went and talked shit about the teaser, but it is my hardest jam right now. Either I'm a shit human being, or this is seriously fire.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I only just now saw that this was going to happen, but they release a new song called Soldier Dance. Or Soldier and this is the "dance MV":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK-YKe_A0Og

It's weird.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Yeah that's weird and I don't like it. I feel nothing for this group and it makes me sad because they used to be my second favorite girl group.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="189460" data-time="1435779106">I only just now saw that this was going to happen, but they release a new song called Soldier Dance. Or Soldier and this is the "dance MV":

It's weird.</blockquote>
South Korea is hosting the Military World Games this year, and this is more of a promo/commercial than a new Hello Venus song. As odd as it is, it still has a higher production value than "Wiggle Wiggle"!

In other news, they did start a new season of their Hello Venus TV (HVTV) web show last week. It's subtitled in English and released in 60 fps.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zaeleus" data-cid="189466" data-time="1435783222">In other news, they did start a new season of their Hello Venus TV (HVTV) web show last week. It's subtitled in English and released in 60 fps.</blockquote>
That's as low budget as it gets. lol
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Zaeleus"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="189460" data-time="1435779106">
I only just now saw that this was going to happen, but they release a new song called Soldier Dance. Or Soldier and this is the "dance MV":

It's weird.
</blockquote>

South Korea is hosting the Military World Games this year, and this is more of a promo/commercial than a new Hello Venus song. As odd as it is, it still has a higher production value than "Wiggle Wiggle"!

[/quote]

LOL those were my thoughts exactly. Is it weird that I actually kinda like it?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Hello Venus turned up in the club with "I'm ill" (Performance ver.).
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I actually like this song a lot.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Zaeleus"]
 "I'm ill" (Performance ver.).
[/quote]

This is an acceptable follow up to Wiggle Wiggle, which is hard to beat.

But seriously, Wiggle Wiggle is the best thing and they can never top it. This is a fun track though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't like it. It's like a really bad T-Ara track and their outfits are awful. The choreo also needs to be a lot harder to match the beat.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I don't like the song, but I think Alice looks very hot there.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I'm not realy into this group but I can listen to this song
I liked lime the most, she has a 'rapper voice' but I like how she sounds, and of course she looks great
Image Hey
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Lime is the only reason I pay attention to Hello Venus. She is that fabulous.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She was on SMTM recently.