Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

eri
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by eri »

Wow that's great, good for her. It is weird how different she looks in her pictures - much more grown up. Before, she was more like a cute little kid.

I kind of liked the idea of a chubby Musume but in retrospect, it never really worked out in a positive way so good for Suzuki. Remember that Music Station special when they showed a video compilation of the group's history and then that dickhead host turned to Abe and was like "HEY YOU USED TO BE SUPER SKINNY AND THEN YOU GOT FAT RIGHT WHEN MAKI JOINED!" or something. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Morning Musume is finally on the Music+ show. Never mind it was just a preview...
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Patissiere - Ajisai Ai Ai Monogatari back from HinaFest (actual video this time)
featuring Uta T___T

The other performances all show up in the suggestions so I'm not going to link them all.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
Patissiere - Ajisai Ai Ai Monogatari back from HinaFest (actual video this time)
featuring Uta T___T

The other performances all show up in the suggestions so I'm not going to link them all.
[/quote]

God damn that makes me sad... Seeing what was and what could have been....
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Country Girls Tour Footage <a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/vrSvpT848ik">https://y ... pT848ik</a>
rikako♡eripon♡airi
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

MM sings Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou? in some TV show + written message from Tsunku
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/XtFOavJigSU">http://you ... avJigSU</a>
rikako♡eripon♡airi
pharbron
つばきファクトリー

Post by pharbron »

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">Saturday, August 8, 2015, Mizuki, Erina, Riho and Kanon passed Kusumi Koharu on the Morning Musume tenure list to move into 15th.
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> 
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">1. Michishige Sayumi is at 11 years, 10 months, 7 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">2. Niigaki Risa is at 10 years, 8 months, 22 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">3. Tanaka Reina is at 10 years, 4 months, 2 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">4. Takahashi Ai is at 10 years, 1 month, 4 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">5. Kamei Eri is at 7 years, 10 months, 26 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">6. Iida Kaori is at 7 years, 4 months, 23 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">7. Yoshizawa Hitomi is at 7 years, 20 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">8. Yaguchi Mari is at 6 years, 11 months, 11 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">9. Abe Natsumi is at 6 years, 4 months, 18 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">10. Mitsui Aika is at 5 years, 5 months, 8 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">11. Ishikawa Rika is at 5 years, 21 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">12. Yasuda Kei is at 5 years, 2 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">13. Ogawa Makoto is at 5 years, 1 day
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">14. Konno Asami is at 4 years, 10 months, 27 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><b>15. Fukumura Mizuki, Ikuta Erina, Sayashi Riho and Suzuki Kanon are at 4 years, 7 months, 6 days</b>
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">19. Kusumi Koharu is at 4 years, 7 months, 5 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">20. Fujimoto Miki is at 4 years, 4 months, 13 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">21. Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai are at 4 years, 3 months, 16 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">23. Iikubo Haruna, Ishida Ayumi, Sato Masaki and Kudo Haruka are at 3 years, 10 months, 10 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">27. Li Chun and Qian Lin are at 3 years, 9 months
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">29. Nakazawa Yuko is at 3 years, 7 months, 8 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">30. Goto Maki is at 3 years, 1 month, 1 day
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">31. Oda Sakura is at 2 years, 10 months, 25 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">32. Ishiguro Aya is at 2 years, 4 months
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">33. Ichii Sayaka is at 2 years, 18 days
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">34. Fukuda Asuka is at 1 year, 7 months, 11 days 
<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">35. Ogata Haruna, Nonaka Miki, Makino Marina and Haga Akane are at 10 months, 9 days
<div style="text-align:center;">
<p style="font-family:Arial;">Image
</div>
<p class="bbc_center">signature and avatar by me
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I've been seeing this chart get updated for years, and I just now noticed that Miki Fujimoto was a member of MM longer than TsujiKago. That just feels odd.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It's always surprising to me how such influential members like Gomaki and Nakazawa Nee-san were in only in the group for a short time. JunLin's time went by pretty quickly too.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I think what throws off my perspective looking back sometimes is the difference in gaps between generations. Like how Nakazawa has one of the shorter tenures, but was around long enough to see three new generations join. Whereas someone like Koharu only saw one new generation join (in two parts), but was around a year longer.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I think the perspective of when you started following the group distorts the measurement of time in your mind, too. I discovered MM right after RR21 was released, so TsujiKago were sort of "original" members from my perspective, and there was a history with them that I didn't see in real time. That tends to make it seem like they were in the group longer than they really were, I think. The fact that the girls did so much more shit back then probably plays a role, too.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Yeah, definitely. I'm a much more recent fan than you (2012), so in a way the Morning Musume and S/mileage additions of 2011 seem to me both to have always been there, and to always be newbies compared to those earlier members who were always veterans.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

That's very true. I got into them in 2008 (back when Koha was doing Kira Revo), and the golden era members were long gone (unless you count 5th gen), but because of all the Haromoni episodes and Utaban appearances, I feel like got to see so much of the OG members. I still feel like 9th gen are new to MM even though they've been there for almost 5 years, longer than Koharu, who was the reason I got into MM.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Saya"]
I still feel like 9th gen are new to MM even though they've been there for almost 5 years, longer than Koharu
[/quote]

Jesus, this is so true. 
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I feel like a lot of the current girls look super young for their age which takes away from them feeling like veterans for me LOL.  It's crazy to think that Miyazaki Yuka, Wada Ayaka, Fukuda Kanon and Iikubo Haruna are around or at same age Goto Maki was when Glass no Pumps and Some Boys Touch came out, or sixth gen Platinum era.  They'll always be kids to me even though we're the same age.  Plus, I think if you saw them debut they pretty much never stop feeling new if their image or talent doesn't change drastically.  Aika felt new to me from beginning to end because she never developed very much in terms of that.
Last edited by Farrah on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="190623" data-time="1439199424">I feel like a lot of the current girls look super young for their age which takes away from them feeling like veterans for me LOL.  It's crazy to think that Miyazaki Yuka, Wada Ayaka, Fukuda Kanon and Iikubo Haruna are around or at same age Goto Maki was when Glass no Pumps and Some Boys Touch came out, or sixth gen Platinum era.  They'll always be kids to me even though we're the same age.  Plus, I think if you saw them debut they pretty much never stop feeling new if their image or talent doesn't change drastically.  Aika felt new to me from beginning to end because she never developed very much in terms of that.</blockquote>
Every new member that gets added, I only remember their age at that moment. That shock when I realized last week that Zukki isn't 12, but now 17 XD.

I'm a fan since Ambitious, this time feel so far away now!
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

^ I also can't believe Ayumi is an 18 year old lol
Last edited by Derby on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

When I became a fan ten years ago this month, I spent most of my initial time devoted to catching up on past concerts and singles, so I became most familiar with Nacchi, Yuko, Kaori, Mari, Maki, 4th Gen, 5th Gen et al, long before I knew who Koharu was--and Koharu had joined just three months earlier. I'm sure I did posts here about it. 

On the other hand, I think I've finally gotten used to the fact that 9th and 10th Gen are no longer the "new girls."
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Madara"]
When I became a fan ten years ago this month, I spent most of my initial time devoted to catching up on past concerts and singles, so I became most familiar with Nacchi, Yuko, Kaori, Mari, Maki, 4th Gen, 5th Gen et al, long before I knew who Koharu was--and Koharu had joined just three months earlier. I'm sure I did posts here about it. 

On the other hand, I think I've finally gotten used to the fact that 9th and 10th Gen are no longer the "new girls."
[/quote]

Even this makes me feel old, because I remember when you were a new member here like it was yesterday.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

So what's the deal with Mitsui Aika? She's back from abroad since April, still listed on the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.helloproject.com/artist/">Hello! Project artists</a> page (with a picture that hasn't changed for about two years), but seems to have nothing to do with the H!P summer 2015 concerts. It's interesting getting her videos and English-language reports at UP-FRONT LINK, but do they really intend to have an active member devoted to international outreach? Is she just embarrassingly out of practice such that 2.5 months between return to Japan and beginning of the 2015 summer concert wasn't enough? Are they just trying to figure out how to properly word "The person already gone for two years... is graduated."?
Last edited by JoshuaJSlone on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Aika can't dance for any extensive period of time because of her bones. And since they have a whopping one shuffle, I wasn't expecting her to participate in any of those either.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Last week we saw Satou, Sayashi, and Fukumura record on Music+. This week, we get to see Ogata, Nonaka, Haga, and Makino.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

So Duu is going to be in a drama. It's on NHK and called "Otona e Novel". She's apparently only going to be in the 3rd episode.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

工藤遥主演ドラマ「オトナヘノベル」 9/3(木)NHK19:25~っと"φ(*'д'* )メモメモ"
</blockquote>
https://twitter.com/pinondayo/status/632149970401890304

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMXUkWjVEAAPyvf.jpg
http://www6.nhk.or.jp/otona/novel/list/story.html?i=86
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]
Last week we saw Satou, Sayashi, and Fukumura record on Music+. This week, we get to see Ogata, Nonaka, Haga, and Makino.
[/quote]

<div>I really fucking love these spots. They offer a chance to pass a realistic judgement on the girls' singing voices. Here's how I see the 12th gen and their potential ceilings.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Miki is already solid, and has the chance to be a pretty good singer. Despite becoming a bit shouty in the higher register, her voice is fairly strong and controlled with a pleasant timbre and mostly on-key. Ceiling: Nozomi Tsuji.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Maria has a nice timbre and a bit of raw power, but has difficulty hitting and holding notes. Not a whoile lot of control, either. Ceiling: Riho Sayashi</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Akane is definitely rough, but not completely hopeless. In addition to a "stuffy" timbre and inability to hold notes, her rhythm is a bit robotic (judging from this clip, anyway.) She's probably at the level of a 26 year old Sayumi right now. Ceiling: Rika Ishikawa</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Haruna is completely hopeless. Her voice is weak and unsure, and when she does hit notes, it almost seems to be by accident. Ceiling: Sayumi Michishige</div>
<div> </div>
I think people who claimed that they were adding four Sayumi's were overstating their case a bit, but the 12th Gen is definitely underwhelming from a vocal talent perspective. Miki is much better than I thought and Haruna a bit worse. Miki and Maria will probably be solid backing girls for years to come, whereas Haruna and Akane are probably the worst pair to come from a single generation ever. 
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I think what makes it so disappointing is just that, even with two girls like Haruna and Akane, I wouldn't mind if there was one girl that's genuinely idol good (ex. Takahashi Ai) or okay (ex. Kamei Eri).  But instead the best of the generation is two girls that have potential to someday be solidly mediocre.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Totally. 

I kept their ceilings low because H!P girls rarely improve significantly during their tenure with the company (and sometimes regress). Miki probably could be much better than Tsuji with proper training and focus, but she's not gonna have either of those things.

All of this having been said, I'm excited about the progress shown by Kudo, Suzuki and especially Sato recently. Masaki seems to be maturing a bit, and I get the feeling that once she decides to dedicate herself to something completely, she'll be really goddamned good at it.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I hate to say this but the end of nonaka's recording actually hurt my voice. o_O
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Maria is very pretty, but pleasant at all to listen to.

I'm really surprised they don't have at least one girl who has a natural singing ability out of the 4 of them.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I really would like to know how much input Tsunku really add with the 12th gen. Since this was all done during the height of his illness and all. There's no real rhyme or reason for this group other that, we need something to replace Sayumi with. I'm really interested in what they plan to do next year since there doesn't seem to be any plans for a audition just yet. (I don't want to jinx it.)

And out of the 4 girls, for me, Akane had the best voice next to Miki with potential to grow quicker than Maria or Haruna.

Though every time I look at Akane I see baby Sayumi and I expect this weak terrible voice to spill out and I don't.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Like Haruna mentioned, at least she was able to have a bigger voice this recording... If you look back at her audition tapes, you can hardly hear her. But she's not good... she's barely bad.

Although I'm biased to Nonaka, I'm trying to speak as someone who doesn't know her. I agree that she sounds shout-y at times. She's also a bit... stuffed? Nasally? However, she's able to hit keys well (as far as I can tell), has had experience with notes (from piano), and is interested in improving (saying she listened to the song a bunch of times before recording to see for herself if she should change things.) It's hard to argue that she's not the most vocally talented member of the gen. I think if someone teaches her how to extend her notes/give good vibrato on them, she could be real good.

Akane.... She seems like she'll grow to become a somewhat stable singer. Kind of like Kanon. If she follows the example of her beloved Kudo, she might pick up some good traits. It's not impossible to imagine her maturing into her voice well. She's only 13 atm; around this age is when other members like Tsuji, Kago, Maki, Niigaki, and Koharu.... Whether you think these members were the same caliber when they joined as Akane is up to you.

Finally, Maria. I feel like if she could be on key more, she'd have great potential. She already has some, but just working on that would help her out a bunch. Also seems like she's really straining her neck when recording... Not a good sign.