Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

showraniy
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by showraniy »

Wow, yeah no. Different people have different healthy weights, but that is absolutely not hers.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Could be just those screenshots, but I don't see an issue?

Is there a full figure view from the front?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

It's generally not normal to see the vertebrae that easily.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I mean she's definitely underweight, which is rarely ever healthy, I just didn't want to jump to conclusions like "Haruna's anorexic!" when it could very well be something outside her control, like what yuzu said.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Even when I was unintentionally eating waaay too few meals a day and was 20lbs underweight, the most you could see of me were my ribs if I stretched. Keep in mind that Seohyun of Girls' Generation is 20lbs underweight too, just as a comparison. While it's possible that Haruna could be less underweight comparatively speaking (e.g. 15lbs underweight as opposed to 20lbs), she's definitely skinnier here than any other slightly underweight person I've ever seen.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Well one of the members made a comment of "when I grabbed her wrist I could really feel how small she was," I wanna say it was Ishida but idk. Either way it seems to be getting around that she's pretty skinny. Like everyone else said, I don't think it's intentional. She made a comment of wanting to keep her girlish figure for summertime when Sukatto was being previewed/advertised but that was a while ago.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

It was Ishida.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

She also might just be a bit bonier? I can see my spine if I tense my back (not as much as hers) but I'm definitely not underweight. Although I agree she does look *too* thin.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

There's an animated gif of her from that day--her spine is visible throughout all of her actions.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Spoiler: [+]
I linked the wrong images before. You can see by comparing the two pictures that her legs look a lot skinnier now than they were back then. Like others have said, its probably nothing to worry about in eating disorder front, she probably has a fast metabolism.
Last edited by Elpis on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Nah, she's making an effort to be that skinny because she's unhealthily skinny. If people can look Kpop star skinny (AKA skinny but not enough to show bones) at 20lbs underweight, she's definitely beyond even that.

She's absolutely too thin, and the body's natural metabolism won't do that. At my worst, I ate one meal a day, had acquaintance classmates saying I was too skinny, and still never had my bones protruding as badly as she does.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

But also different people deal with stress differently.  She might not be eating enough and is obviously getting a lot of exercise but that doesn't necessarily mean she is doing it intentionally.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="191942" data-time="1444710766">She's absolutely too thin, and the body's natural metabolism won't do that. At my worst, I ate one meal a day, had acquaintance classmates saying I was too skinny, and still never had my bones protruding as badly as she does.</blockquote>
From my own anecdotal evidence, yes, metabolism can do that. When I was around Haruna's age I would eat any and every amount of food 24/7 and I was still very underweight. As my metabolism slowed down a few years ago I'm now within the "norm" (still lower end of it). But you always could and still can see my vertebrae - this is more due to a person's individual build and less due to weight.

Looking at the two comparison pictures, she is clearly skinnier in the lower one, but nothing to ring the alarm bells about IMHO.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

But if its about your build and you couldn't see them before wouldn't that be an indication it's not normal? She was pretty thin beforehand too. What the body does naturally isn't always good for it.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Also eating only one meal a day a slows your metabolism way down. She has to eat way more than that to keep her energy up for concerts or she would be passing out.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Saya"]
Also eating only one meal a day a slows your metabolism way down. She has to eat way more than that to keep her energy up for concerts or she would be passing out.
[/quote]

Back when they used to include backstage footage on H!P concert DVDS, oh so many years ago, I would marvel at the number of shots showing the girls with plates of food. Proof that management was actually feeding them. I love watching them eat. This was in contrast to the scenes in Hello! Morning where one or two girls would win the contest and get to eat the dish offered as a prize while the other girls gazed hungrily at them. Remember that bit where Rika's group won and Rika shoved the bowl of ramen in Tsuji's face just to taunt her and Tsuji started crying? We don't see "drama" like that anymore.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="191980" data-time="1444855399">
Back when they used to include backstage footage on H!P concert DVDS, oh so many years ago, I would marvel at the number of shots showing the girls with plates of food. Proof that management was actually feeding them. I love watching them eat.</blockquote>

There's now separate DVDs only for footage, if you're interested, and they still have a lot of food backstage but I doubt anyone can force them to eat.
Campy <3 !
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="191973" data-time="1444838461">
Also eating only one meal a day a slows your metabolism way down. She has to eat way more than that to keep her energy up for concerts or she would be passing out.</blockquote>
I'm not really sure that applies across the board, but I'm not sure what the reasons would be as to why. I was stick thin and could eat whatever I wanted, but I couldn't gain any weight and I assumed it's because I only ate once a day. I also think it might make a difference to eat one meal a day over a longer period (AKA doing this for years instead of days or months).

I've gained ~30lbs since then and am right in the middle of the target weight for my height. I also eat three meals a day now, and snack.

I really don't know much about it other than what my specific body has done, so I admit I could be completely wrong, but I have never ever seen so much bone definition on a healthy body before. I knew a fair share of very lanky people, but their overall bone structure was smaller too, so no bones ever stuck out as badly as Haruna's.

I honestly believe that different people have different "normal" weights for their body--some big, some small--but Haruna looks too thin for her own body frame, which indicates to me that it's not natural or healthy.
Last edited by showraniy on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

You can still be very thin and have a slow metabolism. If you're under eating calories you'll still lose weight because the body starts using fat stores and muscle for energy. But that's more for if you have an eating disorder. I also wouldn't completely throw that idea out the window. In an interview with an OG member they talked about their struggles with body image and how dangerous the situation actually was behind closed doors. I don't remember who it was...maybe Reina?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I remember Risa talking about how she was too obsessed with being thin for awhile. And there was also a point where Tsuji was scary skinny.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Well even her gen-mate Nonaka has gotten on the diet bus pretty quickly, so it's true you never know. Though Nonaka and Suzuki are quite vocal about their diets.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

While I don't think it is ever appropriate to speculate on how individual girls are "supposed" to look to demonstrate how "healthy" they are to our sort of warped American perspectives...yeah

http://ameblo.jp/fuji507/theme-10022413156.html

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Skeleton cosplay for Halloween maybe?
Image Hey
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Derby"]
Skeleton cosplay for Halloween maybe?
[/quote]

2edgy4me
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

Meep. I'm in Japan on exchange and seeing Risa's play (Maboroshi no Jou) tomorrow and C-ute's concert Sunday yay <3 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="freezingkiss"]
Meep. I'm in Japan on exchange and seeing Risa's play (Maboroshi no Jou) tomorrow and C-ute's concert Sunday yay <3 
[/quote]

Wow, long time no hear. Welcome back, Freezingkiss! Please report on these events. Thanks.
pharbron
つばきファクトリー

Post by pharbron »

Friday, October 16, 2015, Oda Sakura passes Goto Maki on the Morning Musume tenure list to move into 30th.
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';"> 
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">1. Michishige Sayumi is at 11 years, 10 months, 7 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">2. Niigaki Risa is at 10 years, 8 months, 22 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">3. Tanaka Reina is at 10 years, 4 months, 2 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">4. Takahashi Ai is at 10 years, 1 month, 4 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">5. Kamei Eri is at 7 years, 10 months, 26 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">6. Iida Kaori is at 7 years, 4 months, 23 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">7. Yoshizawa Hitomi is at 7 years, 20 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">8. Yaguchi Mari is at 6 years, 11 months, 11 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">9. Abe Natsumi is at 6 years, 4 months, 18 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">10. Mitsui Aika is at 5 years, 5 months, 8 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">11. Ishikawa Rika is at 5 years, 21 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">12. Yasuda Kei is at 5 years, 2 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">13. Ogawa Makoto is at 5 years, 1 day
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">14. Konno Asami is at 4 years, 10 months, 27 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">15. Fukumura Mizuki, Ikuta Erina, Sayashi Riho and Suzuki Kanon are at 4 years, 9 months, 14 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">19. Kusumi Koharu is at 4 years, 7 months, 5 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">20. Fujimoto Miki is at 4 years, 4 months, 13 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">21. Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai are at 4 years, 3 months, 16 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">23. Iikubo Haruna, Ishida Ayumi, Sato Masaki and Kudo Haruka are at 4 years, 17 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">27. Li Chun and Qian Lin are at 3 years, 9 months
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">29. Nakazawa Yuko is at 3 years, 7 months, 8 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';"><b>30. Oda Sakura is at 3 years, 1 month, 2 days</b>
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">31. Goto Maki is at 3 years, 1 month, 1 day
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">32. Ishiguro Aya is at 2 years, 4 months
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">33. Ichii Sayaka is at 2 years, 18 days
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">34. Fukuda Asuka is at 1 year, 7 months, 11 days 
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">35. Ogata Haruna, Nonaka Miki, Makino Marina and Haga Akane are at 1 year, 16 days
<div style="text-align:center;">
<p style="font-family:Arial;">Image
</div>
<p class="bbc_center">signature and avatar by me
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="mm10fan"]
35. Ogata Haruna, Nonaka Miki, Makino Marina and Haga Akane are at 1 year, 16 days
[/quote]

Eh ummmm... it's been already a year with them in the group? lol
Image Hey
Mariko
Kenshuusei

Post by Mariko »

Time flies ridiculously fast... Sakura is still "new" to me and she's been around three years. I feel so old OTL
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Well 12ki were there for quite a while before they're first single it feels like.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。