Underground rappers

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Underground rappers

Post by Nacchi »

After 184057023740834072048210482 of years hiding inside my cage, I have to make this post and ask you all an incredibly serious question. Me and my dad went over to Korea ( you have no idea how much the Asian fans know comapred to the international ones ) and all over the place, it was full of underground rappers. Beenzino, for one example. 

And I got certainly found of this one group "Play the Siren" they are being promoted by SM Ent, and sometimes are performing on music showsbecause of that.

EvenLuna of f(x) made a song with them.

The front person of the group, Kasper, is sometimes vlogging on youtube for wishtrend, as well.
Abe Natsumi <3
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Re: Underground rappers

Post by Zaeleus »

Though underground is a pretty broad term, I would consider Beenzino to be a fairly mainstream rapper (also featured in one of my favorite Epik High tracks from last year).

Recently, I've been sucked into a show called Unpretty Rapstar (subbed episodes on Dailymotion), where female rappers compete to be featured in tracks on a collective album. It currently features Jessi (aka Jessica H.O.), Cheetah, Jimin (of AOA), Tymee (aka e.via), Lil Cham, Kisum, Yuk Jidam, and Jolly V, some of whom have had varying success and can be considered underground. The constant death glares and overall vile attitude among the participants make it entertaining.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Post by Nacchi »

I dissed Unpretty rapstar because Kasper wasn't there to be honest--
Abe Natsumi <3
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I was surprised to see Jessica Ho was on the show, since she's the vocalist for her latest project.

There's rumors that they're considering extending the show and adding more episodes.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Mnet's Show Me The Money 4 recently started. It's a survival hip hop show where contestants must demonstrate their rap skills to avoid elimination. Like season 3, there are 4 producer teams: Tablo and Jinusean, Loco and Jay Park, San E and Verbal Jint, and Zico and Paloalto.

The first episode is a one-on-one a cappella round from contestant to judge. Some notable contestants:<ul class="bbc">[*]FAIL 5Zic (M.I.B)[*]FAIL SIMS (M.I.B)[*]FAIL Kino (Offroad)[*]FAIL Dason (Two Eyes)[*]FAIL Lime (Hello Venus)[*]PASS Ravi (VIXX)[*]PASS Gee Goo In (Rhythm Power)[*]FAIL Hang Zoo (Rhythm Power)[*]PASS P-Type ("2NE1's CL and Minzy's rap teacher")[*]FAIL Crucial Star[*]PASS One (1Punch)[*]PASS Kim Min Jae (rookie actor)[*]PASS Vernon (Seventeen)[*]FAIL Jiyeon (former GLAM)[*]PASS Kasper[*]PASS Owen Kim (SMTM3 contestant)[*]PASS Black Nut[*]PASS Seo Chul Gu[*]FAIL Choi Bung Ju ("white haired rapper girl" :lol:)[*]FAIL No Hyun Tae (Street Poets)[*]FAIL Jang Jee Hee (taco shop owner)[*]FAIL DanDi (producer of "Gwiyomi Song")[*]FAIL Choi Jung Gun (songwriter for JYP)[*]PASS Innovator (AOA's Jimin and Chanmi's rap teacher)[*]PASS Jung Sang Soo (SMTM3 contestant)[*]PASS Heo In Chang (Yuk Ji Dam's former rap teacher)[*]???? Song Mino (Winner)[*]???? Woo Tae Woon (Zico's older brother)[/list]108/~7000 rappers made it to the second round.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Did you not include Jooheon because his performance was not relevant enough or because it turns out he won't be on the show?
I was not expecting Vernon to join a show like this, this early, and more surprising is that he passed the 1st round lol I'm going to see the 1st episode today
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189336" data-time="1435536646">Did you not include Jooheon because his performance was not relevant enough or because it turns out he won't be on the show?</blockquote>
He's mentioned at the beginning about idol rappers, but his audition seems to have been cut from the episode. He just couldn't top Black Nut's performance. :P
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

This week on SMTM4, the contestant pool continues to be whittled down with "Solo Judgement" auditions. Each contestant must rap in front of all four team judges for sixty seconds, failing when all judges unanimously agree on elimination.

Notable results:<ul class="bbc">[*]PASS One (1Punch)[*]FAIL Kim Min Jae (actor)[*]PASS Black Nut[*]PASS Yang Hong Won[*]PASS Basick[*]FAIL Jung Sang Soo[*]PASS Joo Heon (MONSTA X)[*]FAIL Yano (Topp Dog)[*]FAIL Kidoh (Topp Dog)[*]FAIL Ravi (VIXX)[*]PASS Vernon (Seventeen)[*]PASS AndUp[*]PASS Microdot[*]PASS Super B[*]FAIL Kasper[*]PASS Lil Boi[*]PASS Woo Tae Woon[*]PASS Kim Nam Joon[*]FAIL Jucy (EvoL)[*]PASS Lee Min Goo[*]PASS Hanhae[*]PASS Song Mino[*]FAIL P-Type[/list]52/109 rappers passed to the third round for 1v1 battles.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

SMTM4 episode 3: 1v1 battles. Notable performances and results:<ul class="bbc">[*]Super B...... Super B vs Lee Eung Bum[*]Incredible... Incredible vs Candle[*]Black Nut.... Black Nut vs Ahn Su Min[*]Microdot..... Microdot vs BewhY[*]AndUp........ AndUp vs Vernon[*]Lee Hyun Joon Joo Heon vs Lee Hyun Joon[*]Hanhae....... Hanhae vs One[*]Seo Chul Goo. Seo Chul Goo vs Heo In Chang[*]Woo Tae Woon. Woo Tae Woon vs Lee Dong Hoon[*]Song Mino.... Song Mino vs Yong Soo[*]Basick....... Basick vs Lil' Boi[/list]Then suddenly, Snoop Dogg.

Black Nut provides the best comic relief for this show.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

SMTM4 episode 4

The episode starts with a revival round. The producers vote back 4 of the 26 participants who were previously eliminated, yet seen to be outstanding. The 4 chosen redo 1v1 battles, allowing 2 to be added to the current pool of participants. Results:<ul class="bbc">[*]One.... One vs Joo Heon[*]Lil Boi Lil Boi vs BewhY[/list]The main mission then becomes a 28 person cypher in front of special judge Snoop Dogg. Allotted with only 10 minutes, participants must rap 8-12 bars before passing the mic. Participants are eliminated if they do not rap in the given time or are one of the worst four.

This segment is an awful mess: contestants become rowdy, jumping over each other and snatching the microphone to have a chance to rap. It's so bad that the show even apologized. In the end, Yuri, Anjake, Kim Jin Sung, and Seo Chul Goo were eliminated.

The second half of the show reverses the roles of the producer teams and contestants. The producers must put on a show to win votes from the contestants. Unlike the previous season where all the contestants picked the team of their preference, the team with the most votes is able to preselect four contestants to be on their team. The contestant is able to accept or reject the proposal. Teams rankings, scores, and members:<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]Zico and Paloalto (18/24): Lil Boi (rejected), One (accepted), Super B (rejected), Hanhae (rejected), Ja Mezz (accepted), Song Mino (accepted), AndUp (accepted)[*]Jay Park and Loco (3/24)[*]San E and Verbal Jint (2/24)[*]Tablo and Jinusean (1/24)[/list]
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

SMTM episode 5: team selection and battles. One person is eliminated after each team performance. Current team lineups:<ul class="bbc">[*]Zico & Paloalto: One, Ja Mezz, AndUp, Song Mino[*]Jay Park & Loco: Lil Boi, Sik-K, Geegooin, David Kim[*]Tablo & Jinusean: Super Bee, Innovator, Incredivle, New Champ[*]Verbal Jint & San E: Basick, Microdot, Hanhae, Black Nut[/list]
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Catching up on SMTM4. Spoilers ahead.

SMTM4 EP6

Team performance (cont.).<ul class="bbc">[*]Zico & Paloalto: One, Ja Mezz, AndUp, Song Mino[*]Jay Park & Loco: Lil Boi, Sik-K, Geegooin, David Kim[*]Tablo & Jinusean: Super Bee, Innovator, Incredivle, New Champ[*]Verbal Jint & San E: Basick, Microdot, Hanhae, Black Nut (Black Nut was originally eliminated, but the producers retracted their decision.)[/list]Team diss battle. The losing team must eliminate a member.<ul class="bbc">[*]Jay Park & Loco vs Tablo & Jinusean[*]Verbal Jint & San E vs Zico & Paloalto[/list]SMTM4 EP7

Team diss battle (cont.).<ul class="bbc">[*]Jay Park & Loco (Sik-K eliminated) vs Tablo & Jinusean[*]Verbal Jint & San E vs Zico & Paloalto (Ja Mezz eliminated)[/list]First stage performance. Producers must pick one rapper to perform with them. Votes decide which team gets eliminated.<ul class="bbc">[*]Jay Park & Loco + Lil Boi (Geegooin eliminated) vs Zico & Paloalto + Song Mino (AndUp eliminated)[*]Verbal Jint & San E vs Tablo & Jinusean[/list]SMTM4 EP8

First stage performance (cont.). Teams with three rappers have an extra 1v1 solo performance chosen by the best performer in the previous diss battle.<ul class="bbc">[*]Jay Park & Loco + Lil Boi (Geegooin eliminated) vs Zico & Paloalto + Song Mino (AndUp eliminated)[*]Basick vs Innovator (feat. Lee Hi)[*]Verbal Jint & San E + Black Nut (Microdot eliminated) vs Tablo & Jinusean + Innovator (Super Bee eliminated)[/list]Second stage performance. Verbal Jint & San E and Zico & Paloalto remain.<ul class="bbc">[*]Song Mino vs Black Nut[*]Innovator vs Basick[/list]
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

All Unpretty Rapstar 2 members have been confirmed. It starts on September 11, and San E will host again.
<ul class="bbc">[*]Ahn Soo Min (got to round three on SMTM4)
[*]Ash-B
[*]Gilme
[*]Heize
[*]Hyorin (SISTAR)
[*]KittiB
[*]Kasper (Play the Siren)
[*]SUA (YG trainee)
[*]Truedy
[*]Yezi (FIESTAR)
[*]Yubin (Wonder Girls)
[/list]The members will make a special appearance before the final stage of SMTM4.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Wow so the rumors about Hyorin were true...
There are a lot of girls and I only know 3 of them.
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Finishing up the final episodes of SMTM4. Next up, Unpretty Rapstar 2!

SMTM4 E09

Second stage performance (semifinals)<ul class="bbc">[*]Song Mino (feat. Taeyang) vs Black Nut (feat. Jessi)[*]Innovator vs Basick (feat. MAMAMOO)[/list]SMTM4 E10

Finals (round 1) (draw)<ul class="bbc">[*]Song Mino with Zico[*]Basick with Verbal Jint, San E[/list]Special stage 1: Unpretty Rapstar 2 members

Finals (round 2)<ul class="bbc">[*]Song Mino (feat. B-Free)[*]Basick (feat. Gummy)[/list]Special stage 2: P-TYPE, Hanhae, ONE, Geegooin

---

Season winner: Basick

Final producer standings<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]San E and Verbal Jint[*]Zico and Paloalto[*]Tablo & Jinusean[*]Jay Park and Loco[/list]
Last edited by Zaeleus on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E01 (Part 1, Part 2)

It's so bad that it's good.

The first episode starts off the same as in the first season: introduction of the cast, a cypher, and the first mission to create a one-take music video ("Don't Stop (Prod. by D.O)"). The best performer is given an advantage for the first track mission, and the worst, ineligibility. (Truedy and Hyorin, respectively.)

Hyorin is already catching flak for lip syncing, Mnet's editing perpetually makes Yezi look cold and confused, there's rivalry between Kasper and Ash-B, and of course, we see double-crossing already with Sua and Truedy. Classic Unpretty Rapstar so far.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

^ I thought you were exaggerating with Yezi looking 'confused', but God she really does... Through the whole episode I could see some shots were she's like 'Wait what was I doing here? Is this my house? Hey that's Yubin hi Yubin! Wait what was I doing here?'

And... I always get hooked by this hip-hop survival shows but after some episodes I lost all my interest for some reason. I didn't even finish UP1 and SMTM4, I hope I can finish this season
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E02 (Part 1, Part 2)

Spoilers ahead.

As winner of the first mission, Truedy can eliminate another member from participating in the next. She holds a grudge against Sua for voting her worst rapper and immediately disqualifies her.

Tracks 2 and 3 mission: team battle. Both produced by Verbal Jint, track 2 features Jessi and Wheesung, and track 3, Cheetah and Verbal Jint himself. One member of each team is eliminated after rehearsals. The producer, collaboration artists, and audience vote for the top 2 rappers to go against each other for each track.<ul class="bbc">[*]Track 2 ("Me, Myself & I"): Kasper, Yubin, KittyB, Yezi, Heize; winner: TBD[*]Track 3 ("If It Weren't Music"): Ash-B, Gilme, An Soo Min, Truedy; winner: Truedy[/list]
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E03 (Part 1, Part 2)

Spoilers ahead.

Continuing from last week, Yubin and Heize battle for the second track.<ul class="bbc">[*]Track 2 ("My, Myself & I"): Yubin vs Heize[/list]Despite Jessi preferring Yubin for the track, Yubin did mess up her lyrics, most likely causing her to lose the round. Yubin describes how difficult it is to live up to high expectations for the show.

Before track 4, there's a permanent elimination mission to send 2 rappers home. 5 teams are formed by draw and letting that rapper choose her opponent. The battle is broadcast live, where viewers will be able to vote in real time. Additionally, Zico and Mad Clown sit in as judges. Results with vote counts:<ul class="bbc">[*]Hyorin (1120) vs Kasper (760)[*]Ash-B (711) vs Gilme (1487)[*]KittiB (1286) vs Heize (1071)[*]Truedy (1521) vs Ahn Soo Min (1125)[*]Yubin (2149) vs Yezi (582) vs Sua (1167)[/list]The two additional judges are allowed to save one rapper before the final redemption battle. Kasper and Heize are saved by Zico and Mad Clown, respectively.<ul class="bbc">[*]Ash-B vs Ahn Soo Min vs Yezi[/list]Both Ash-B and Ahn Soo Min are eliminated from the show. Before the end, a new challenger appears: 4minute's Jiyoon.

---

Live voting for a show like this is dangerous; it becomes more of a popularity contest than voting by skill. See the Yubin/Yezi/Sua scores. Yubin was good, yes, but not exceptionally better than the other two. Yezi easily outperformed Sua, yet received only half her votes.

I find Yezi's flow to be fantastic, despite her always seeming so angry in her presentation. She went absolutely hard the last round, earning San E's approval having been the best performance of all the raps in Unpretty Rapstar 2 so far.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Yezi - 'Crazy Dog'">...
On the outside they talk as if they’re concerned
Being fake getting you far in life?
I’ll give you a simple answer
You think I would stay being an idol when the pay is shit?
Motherfuckers who would diss just cause they rap
Motherfuckers who would jack off watching breast shot gifs
Gripping a rag in one hand and typing with the other
...</blockquote>
Ash-B's elimination was deserved; her final rap was truly terrible. Ahn Soo Min's, on the other hand, was not. Cheetah mentions it in the previous episode: she has great potential. The pairing with Truedy was unlucky, and it's unfortunate these eliminations happened so early in the season.

Some other notes:<ul class="bbc">[*]Truedy: Truedy has become the true villain of this season. Her rapping skills may be a class above the rest, but she's an incredibly arrogant character. Winning the early missions has bloated her ego, and she goes low to diss people.[*]Gilme: It's good to see she redeemed herself from the track 3 battle. It was rough when she failed two tracks in a row last episode.[*]Kasper: I have no idea why Zico decided to save her. She's an incredibly weak player, especially when Yezi and Ahn Soo Min were in the same pool.[*]Jiyoon: I'm unsure about Jiyoon. I expect she's going to yell out most of her raps, and I don't really see anything good coming from her. But I like to be surprised![/list]
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

You just took all my words out of my mouth. I'm LOVING Yezi and I'm really happy Gilme did not fuck up her rap this time, they're my top 2 followed by Heize.

I'm hating Trudy with all my desire, she's overly arrogant and "I'm cosplaying as a black person because I like it"... lol but during the episode I had to agree that she's great...
I don't have anything against Sua but the fact that she won over Yezi just bugs me a lot. I don't want her to be overrated by the judges in future missions.

For some reason I really feel bad saying all this stuff down here but:
Ash B's final rap was horrible, Kasper sucks too, should have been the 2nd elimination.
Both of them were my bottom 2 since Don't stop, Kasper's rap didn't even have any rythm whatsoever I don't know what was Zico thinking about lol
Soomin did not deserve the elimination and I feel even bad for her.

I have bad vibes coming from Jiyoon. She's a rapper in 4Minute while Hyorin isn't in Sistar, so Hyorin's presence in the show is more surprising.
But something tells me that Jiyoon won't be even half as good as Hyorin.
I want to be wrong because it would be unfair to put a person who sucks into the show when Soomin has been eliminated for no reason.
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E04 (Part 1, Part 2)

Spoilers ahead.

4minute's Jiyoon appears as the replacement for Ahn Soo Min and Ash-B. She doesn't leave a good initial impression.

Tracks 4 and 5 producers are revealved: Jay Park and Cha Cha Malone. The contestants get to choose which track they prefer. Rappers on each track are split into two groups for team battles. A live audience votes for the best team of each track.<ul class="bbc">[*]Track 4 ("Solo (Remix)"): Truedy, Kasper, Yubin vs Gilme, Sua, Yezi[*]Track 5 ("It's Not the Time for Love (Money)"): KittiB, Jiyoon vs Heize, Hyorin[/list]Each winning team reperforms with Jay Park for a final winner. (You can find Black Nut in the crowd with Ahn Soo Min. Maybe he finally got his date :P (They went against each other in SMTM4, and he kept asking her out.))<ul class="bbc">[*]Track 4 ("Solo (Remix)"): Gilme, Sua, Yezi[*]Track 5 ("It's Not the Time for Love (Money)"): Heize, Hyorin[/list]Next week: 1v1 diss battles!
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E05 (Part 1, Part 2)

The episode everyone has been waiting for, 1v1 diss battles! Spoilers ahead.

A rapper is chosen at random, and other members can volunteer to go against her. Track 6 and 7 are produced by Illionaire's Dok2 and The Quiett, who also guest judge the battles. Winners are able to choose which producer they want to work with, and the losers must be saved by the producers, with one being permanently eliminated from the show.<ul class="bbc">[*]Yezi vs Sua (subbed)[*]KittiB vs Heize (subbed)[*]Kasper vs Jiyoon (+ extra cut (subbed))[*]Gilme vs Truedy (subbed)[*]Yubin vs Hyorin (subbed)[/list]Final line ups:<ul class="bbc">[*]Dok2: Yezi, Kasper, Truedy, Hyorin + Sua[*]The Quiett: KittiB + Heize, Yubin, Jiyoon[/list]---<ul class="bbc">[*]Yezi vs Sua: Aw yeah! Yezi was brutal in this battle and completely wrecked Sua. Yezi broke her down when it came to her second verse and came back to finish stomping on what was left.[*]KittiB vs Heize: As mean as it was, KittiB using a track by Heize's ex-boyfriend for a diss battle was a clever touch. Heize put up a good fight but unfortunately made a mistake and mumbled at the end.[*]]Kasper vs Jiyoon: This went far better than I would have expected; both performed well despite being very shouty. It was one of the battles I couldn't guess the winner.[*]Gilme vs Truedy: The most hyped up battle. Gilme had something to say to Truedy, no doubt, and content-wise, Gilme's attack completely won this. Truedy's lyrics were incredibly generic, but unfortunately, as if it's almost expected now, Gilme had a lapse in memory and forgot her lines.[*]Yubin vs Hyorin: Eh, with so much hype around an idol vs idol battle, this one was actually underwhelming, especially after the previous performances. Yubin had a better diss (points for Yezi flailing around in the back when she heard her name :lol:), but Hyorin seemed to have better stage presence.[/list]I'm disappointed in the decision of Gilme's elimination. From what I've seen in SMTM4 and this season of Unpretty Rapstar, it doesn't matter how well you preform; if you make any mistake in your performance, you instantly lose. It's such a terrible rule, but I can only guess it makes judging easier.

Following that, Sua should have been eliminated. Sure, Heize and Gilme may also have had a slip, but at least they recovered. Sua completely forgot an entire verse, yet she's the second one saved?

The Jiyoon/Gilme decision was justified; Jiyoon at least did a desperation rap. I find it interesting that Gilme didn't even try, particularly when she's the contestant with the most experience on the show, which leads me to believe she was willfully accepting leaving the show.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Zaeleus, the person who was uploading this to DM has said on her twitter that this is the last episode they will be translating due to their busy schedule.
Do you have any sources that say other people will be translating the remaining episodes or you simply watch the show?

I read somewhere that Gilme said in an interivew that she actually left the show, 'it was her decision'. I just read that somewhere, no interview link, no video. I don't even know how could they edit it out to make it look like an eviction, so... it wouldn't look too weird for me anyway.
O
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="192120" data-time="1445322448">Zaeleus, the person who was uploading this to DM has said on her twitter that this is the last episode they will be translating due to their busy schedule.
Do you have any sources that say other people will be translating the remaining episodes or you simply watch the show?</blockquote>
I read there's someone doing Chinese to English subs for episode 6, but I'm unsure about the remainder of the season.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="192120" data-time="1445322448">O</blockquote> 
Fraudy. :lol: It was glorious when Gilme called her out on her act.

Heize did a behind the scenes video (original) (starts at 3:35) last week featuring the UR2 cast. It's interesting because it shows that the members don't hate each other as much as Mnet wants you to believe.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E06 (Part 1, Part 2)

Subs are brought to you by @DeeJayMich and @luckytefi. They're requesting help for future episodes.

Spoilers ahead.

With Gilme gone, the mission for track 6 and 7 starts. Two rappers for each track are chosen by a live performance, one by the audience and one by the producer.
<ul class="bbc">[*]Team Dok2 ("Hip Hop (LaLaLa)"): Yezi (second audience vote), Sua, Truedy (producer+audience vote), Kasper, Hyorin
[*]Team The Quiett ("YGGR (Feat. MC Meta)"): KittiB (producer vote), Heize, Yubin (audience vote), Jiyoon
[/list]Each pair continues to a final 1v1 diss battle.
<ul class="bbc">[*]Track 6 ("Bandz Up (Prod. by Dok2)" (subbed)): Yezi vs Trudey
[*]Track 7 ("The Buds (Prod. by The Quiett)" (subbed)): KittiB vs Yubin
[/list]The second half of the show introduces two new members: Rubber Soul's Kim and Starship Ent. trainee Exy. YDG is revealed to the be the producer of track 8, the final track for the compilation album.

Elimination mission: Unpretty Rapstar 2 vs Show Me The Money. Rappers choose their own tracks for a public performance and are ranked by the audience and producer. If any of the UPRS2 members are ranked in the bottom 3 overall, she is eliminated permanently from the show.

Results will be announced next episode.

---

The Yubin vs KittiB battle was far more interesting than the previous Yubin vs Hyroin one. Yubin didn't hold back this time!

I am completely baffled by the Yezi vs Trudey result. For a diss battle, Yezi's attack was excellent, and Truedy... didn't even diss. Yezi was completely robbed of a win.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E07 (DramaFever or KShowOnline)

All current episodes of Unpretty Rapstar 2 are now on DramaFever. This is an official source, likely coming from a fairly recent partnership between DramaFever and CJ E&M, parent company of Mnet. A free account is required to watch and is limited to SD quality with intermittent ads. There are also regional restrictions, but they don't say which countries are blocked.

Alternatively, KShowOnline has subbed episodes.

Spoilers ahead.

Continuing from the previous episode, the results for the UPRS2 vs SMTM battle are revealed (points received in parentheses). Any UPRS2 rapper who places in the last 3 is eliminated.
<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]Microdot (199)
[*]BewhY (198)
[*]Yezi (195)
[*]Truedy (176.5)
[*]Bray (?)
[*]Hyorin (167)
[*]Heize (?)
[*]New Champ (?)
[*]Exy (139)
[*]PB (?)
[*]Kanto (?)
[*]Jiyoon (tied with Kasper; ?)
[*]Kasper (tied with Jiyoon; ?)
[*]Yubin (119)
[*]Tapi (?)
[*]Jung Sang Soo (?)
[*]Niihwa (?)
[*]Sua (?)
[*]KittiB (77)
[*]?
[*]?
[*]Kim (62)
[/list]The track 8 mission is a team battle. By the previous rankings, the first rapper (Yezi) can choose 2-3 team members; the second (Truedy), 2; and the last 3 standing automatically form a team. Each team performs one of YDG's tracks with their own lyrics. Teams are ranked by audience vote:
<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]Yezi, KittiB, Yubin, Hyorin ("Run")
[*]Truedy, Heize, Sua ("Bandolier")
[*]Exy, Jiyoon, Kasper ("Shake It")
[/list]The winning team does a final solo battle using track 8.
<ul class="bbc">[*]Yezi ("It's Me"; she forgot her lyrics halfway through)
[*]Yubin ("Play")
[*]Hyorin ("Let's Have a Drink")
[*]KittiB ("On the Edge")
[/list]---
<ul class="bbc">[*]Yezi: Top teir with an 18.5 point difference from Truedy in the elimination battle. It was a bold move putting together a ridiculous power team. Even if she didn't forget her lyrics at the end, she had the weakest performance of the finalists.
[*]Yubin: Wow, when she said she was going to write sexy lyrics, she meant it. I definitely preferred her delivery and content the most of the four finalists.
[*]Exy: Exy showed great potential this episode: excellent charisma with fantastic flow and lyrics. She truly carried her team. I also thought it was funny everyone was copying her little body wave dance in the team performances.
[*]Kim: Ouch, it must have been a blow to have gotten onto the show just to be kicked off as the worst of the competition, especially when Exy placed so high.
[*]Kasper: Eyyy! It was for track selection, but Kasper finally won something! But then it cuts back to show that it was Exy's idea all along. :lol: I'll admit she's gotten somewhat better since the beginning of the season. Maybe.
[*]YDG: I like this guy; he seems to have a good personality. He was the friendliest producer that's been on the show, giving advice to all the teams.
[/list]
Last edited by Zaeleus on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E08 (DramaFever)

Spoilers ahead.

The final elimination mission: 2 person team battles. 7 of the 10 rappers are able to advance to the semifinals. Each team's performance is ranked by 10 judges: Mad Clown, Rhymer, D.O, YDG, Vasco, Basick, Soul Dive, et al.<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]Yubin and Jiyoon[*]Hyorin vs KittiB[*]Truedy and Heize[*]Yezi and Sua[*]Kasper and Exy[/list]Kasper and Exy are completely eliminated. Yezi makes a mistake during her performance, and places her team second to last, which puts them into a final solo survival battle. Yezi tries to forfeit, but the producer urge her to continue for Sua's sake. Judging is done by majority vote from the surviving rappers.<ul class="bbc">[*]Yezi vs Sua[/list]Track 9's producer is revealed to be Brave Brothers. The remaining contestants get to choose their own fates by picking who they want to go against in the semifinals.

Before the final reveal, the show cuts to a dropout rematch with Ash-B, Gilme, Yezi, Kasper, and Exy. The winner of this battle goes against Truedy's wildcard. Yezi gets first; Exy, second; and Gilme, third. The final group matches:<ul class="bbc">[*]Round 1: Sua vs Yubin[*]Round 2: Jiyoon vs KittiB[*]Round 3: Heize vs Hyorin[*]Round 4: Yezi vs Truedy[/list]---<ul class="bbc">[*]Jiyoon: This was clearly a Jiyoon redemption episode. It was by far her best performance yet since being on the show. I think Yubin finally got her to calm down from shouting her lyrics.[*]Yubin: That sigh of disbelief when she looked up to see only Jiyoon. :lol: I thought this team was doomed, but they really killed their team performance, especially spinning Jiyoon's infamous introduction rap. (I always thought it was a parody of Lil Cham from the first season, but apparently not?) But in the end, free sushi![*]Exy: I understand Exy's short-term reasoning for choosing Kasper, but I don't think she grasped how big of a gap there was in the last team battle when she last paired up with her. It's a shame; she did really well for the short time she was on the show.[*]Kasper: She's just so awkward on stage. She literally sat down in the middle of the stage during her redemption performance. What?[*]Yezi: I couldn't quite tell how bad Yezi messed up since the show kept repeating the same part over and over. Nevertheless, she seemed to have been the only one to fumble, and it really cost the team. The way the show portrayed the dropout battle, it was so quick that it was like she never left in the first place.[*]Sua: Like Jiyoon, Sua's another one who really showed up in this episode. Her solo rap took an emotional turn, and the other members weren't ready for a feel trip.[*]Gilme: Not enough Gilme in the redemption battle. It would have actually been hilarious for Gilme to come back just to go against Truedy again.[*]Brave Brothers: *air horns*[/list]
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Here is the un-edited version of Yezi's redemption rap where she disses Mnet, so the just cut it out

Beginning pre-Crazy dog:
<div>“From the start this show had a written plot, a fucking drama,</div>
<div>In it, I was to play a supporting role to setup the main character,</div>
<div>But now who turned me into the main character?</div>
<div>Not ‘Unpretty’ (the show), not my company, but the real me,</div>
<div>Watch carefully, because this will be my drama,</div>
<div>Take off (labels), put on (labels), do as you like,</div>
<div>Until the end comes, I’ll never obey,</div>
<div>I’ll use the whole version with no editing to make my ending.”</div>
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

If Yezi's out, she's taking down the entire show with her!

It's too bad Mnet decided to cut the dropout performances from the episode. Exy's track was probably great live.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Unpretty Rapstar 2 E09 (DramaFever)

Spoilers ahead.

This episode only goes through the first two rounds of the semifinals. The theme is "real me", and an audience of 300 decide the winners. Results and votes:

Round 1<ul class="bbc">[*]Jiyoon - "This Ain't Me (feat. Jung Il Hoon (BTOB))" (76)[*]KittiB - "RRF (Ronda Rousey Flow)" (180)[/list]Round 2<ul class="bbc">[*]Heize - "Don't Make Money (feat. Chanyeol (EXO))" (126)[*]Hyorin - "My Love (feat. Basick)" (135)[/list]---

Surprisingly, of the four who performed, I quite enjoyed Jiyoon's stage the most. She just really had a fun performance. I don't think the huge gap between her and KittiB was warranted.

"Maybe because I'm a piggy, it's so damn tiring." :lol: What an excellent line from KittiB. The bridge for this track was great.

Heize was the worst of the four. Chanyeol really ruined the track for her, not only by dwarfing her in stage presence but also completely shouting over her half the time.

Hyorin's track wasn't bad, but for a stage where you're supposed to showcase your rap skills, she relied far too much on her singing.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.