Riho to graduate from MM'15

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Re: Riho to graduate from MM'15

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I saw this on Facebook and it took me a few seconds for me to realise what I was reading. I'm genuinely surprised, I wasn't expecting any graduations for another couple of years or so and I'm really shocked that Riho's the one who's graduating.

Despite the announcement being so sudden I don't think this has anything to do with a scandal, I think she's just had enough and wants to rest and do her own thing. It's sad that she won't get a proper sendoff but as long as she's happy that's cool.

I've really grown to like Riho over this past year but not enough to feel overly upset by this. Even so I'll be sad to see her go.

[quote="Derby"]
Is Thea still alive tho?
[/quote]
Was wondering this too...
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I'm mostly concerned for Thea lol

I'm a bit sad honestly, the 9th gen are special to me. I mean I'm glad it's by Kanon but if anyone had to go I was hoping for Iikubo or Ikuta...

I know Riho and Kanon are really close... I hope they're all okay.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="192430" data-time="1446126976">
Now, I know she was having some issues over the summer and people were speculating mental health but I had just brushed it off. <3</blockquote>

What? Explain please?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Over the summer when she missed a few days because of exhaustion or whatever there were some people that were speculating that Riho was depressed, possibly because she had gained weight, possibly because she hadn't been center on Oh my wish, maybe the pressure was getting too much, etc.  I don't remember the exact details but I had just convinced myself she probably just had heat exhaustion and that was the issue.  
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm wondering if she's going to get a graduation single. It seems a little late to announce something now but you never know.
Formerly Mizura
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

^ Well I mean they have two unreleased songs being performed right now, so it's just the wait for the announcement (might be next H!S when that happens though).
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Two unreleased lackluster songs. I was really hoping they'd get thrown into an album and never be heard from again to be honest. 

Riho is going overseas to study English and become a dancing queen. Short notice would either mean, this is the time of year they renew their contracts for the next year or whatever program she applied for, she got accepted and she'll need to leave quickly like Aika did. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="Molly"]
I know Riho and Kanon are really close... I hope they're all okay.
[/quote]
I'm sure they'll be fine, Riho is staying within H!P after all :)

Never mind, I just read Q's post... I really hope they stay in contact.
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

She's staying in H!P but she's leaving for awhile first.
ImageImage
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I wonder where she'll study English. And when she comes back I wonder if she'll become more of a staff member like Aika.
Formerly Mizura
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]
Fuck everything. Nobody deserves to have two favourite members from two different groups announce graduation 5 days apart. :suicide:

Riho. :nono:

EDIT: Yahoo News blurb: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20151029-00000356-oric-ent
[/quote]

Who's the other one?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I just...

This is so weird to me.... I was not expecting to come on the forum to see this news. Didn't she say she wanted to be in MM until she was in her 20s, then come to America to learn dance? I wonder if she really thought that or if she was just, well, lying to resassure her fans. It's so crazy because I feel like she's everywhere in H!P. So so so many juniors say she's their favorite senior (including Miki and Ogata.) So odd to me that the red member color will be open again.... 

Honestly I just can't wrap my head around all this, it feels so unexpected to me. I mean I can understand now but I was not thinking about this happening at all. It's also so weird to me because this is the first gen/member I've followed since they joined to see one graduate.

That countdown venue is going to be PACKED. I'm surprised she chose that concert, she could easily fill Budokan.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Kanon Fukuda
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Kanon Fukuda
[/quote]

If you mean aine's other favorite who announced their graduation, it's not her, it's Mizuki Nadeshiko from another group called meltia. Fukuda announced her graduation a while ago.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Kanon Fukuda
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Aine was rather speaking of Nadeshiko from meltia.
Campy <3 !
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

My jaw dropped when I found out about this news.  I thought for sure that the first girl to go would be Kanon.  Or if not her, then Haruna (Iikubo) or Erina.  Even more surprising is that she's gone in TWO MONTHS.  To study English/dancing?  I wonder if an amazing opportunity opened up for her elsewhere that she just couldn't pass up (avex? gonna be part of FAKY? lol kidding).  Can't say I'm upset.  (I may just be a bit happy).  Yes, I admit she is talented but she was pushed too hard to be center girl and her voice never turned into this amazing instrument.  Well, I wish her the best of luck.  
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Ooookay... I am surprised, I must admit, but not really that displeased. I don't exactly enjoy her singing, and hearing mostly her all the time was really tiring. And well, she has stated she wants to dance, so I hope she puts her energy and skill to good use in that particular area, as she really is quite an amazing dancer.

But yeah, it is a surprise, was expecting Iikubo to go first...
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Yep, I'm with Revangelis. Her singing was strained, screechy, and inconsistent. But when they gave her the right song, she was capable. Too bad only a small selection of songs applied to that. (Shudder.) And the fact that they shoved her down my ears every single was like Takahashi 2.0, except Takahashi was, at least, somewhat pleasant to listen to.

She won't be missed by me, and I haven't been this disinterested in a graduation since, again, Takahashi LOL. By the time she left I was so sick of her, and that goes for Riho as well.

But hugs to all her wota; I know there are a lot of them, and it does suck when your fave leaves.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Here's the thing about Riho: yeah, she had definite limitations as a singer, but the two things she had are raw power and stamina, which is probably why she was relied upon as much as she was.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shiroi" data-cid="192459" data-time="1446146797">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="192448" data-time="1446137116">
Is Thea still alive tho?
</blockquote>

</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="192461" data-time="1446147482">
</blockquote>

Thank you, you three, for considering me. I saw this when you all posted it, and it really warmed me, but I was in such a state that I avoided everything on the internet after the initial meltdown. I've been crying all day, depressed all day. Now I've settled into numbness. Contemplating my being as a fan of H!P.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="192485" data-time="1446162519">
I just...

This is so weird to me.... I was not expecting to come on the forum to see this news. Didn't she say she wanted to be in MM until she was in her 20s, then come to America to learn dance? I wonder if she really thought that or if she was just, well, lying to resassure her fans. It's so crazy because I feel like she's everywhere in H!P. So so so many juniors say she's their favorite senior (including Miki and Ogata.) So odd to me that the red member color will be open again.... 

Honestly I just can't wrap my head around all this, it feels so unexpected to me. I mean I can understand now but I was not thinking about this happening at all. It's also so weird to me because this is the first gen/member I've followed since they joined to see one graduate.

That countdown venue is going to be PACKED. I'm surprised she chose that concert, she could easily fill Budokan.
</blockquote>

She did say she was going to stay until at LEAST 20. She really could fill the Budoukan. If she were graduating at the end of the Spring 2016 tour, and was actually properly graduating, I would take out a fucking loan to go. But in two months, at the Countdown of all things? Why bother.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

It's still not hit me that this is happening. I really wasn't a Riho fan at first but her charisma grew on me quickly and she's in my top five members.
I found out by going on Tumblr and seeing something about "Riho being as bad as Utahell." So I'm like.. okay, what happened. I figured at the worst, it'd be that she hadn't posted for a few days. Then I checked the H!O Riho thread, and had to go back like four pages to find it.

I do think it's easy to chalk it up to depression. The signs are there. I just wish it didn't go like this. For her to not have her own tour is upsetting.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Oh wow. I'm kinda at shock with this. I liked Riho from the start and remember having to defend her a lot from people who didn't like her all because she was a lead girl. In the back of my mind I knew she was going to leave soon after she was missing appearances due to exhaustion. I'm sure, and hopeful, they will due something for her graduating kinda like how they did Makoto during Konno's graduation concert. I think it's going to be either Maria or Miki moving up, or possibly both. So who do you think is going to take red?
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I don't think it'll be either of them. Both are very attached to their member colours. (Maria because of Sayu, and Miki because she just really likes purple)
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I don't think anyone will change to her color, none of the new members were obsessed with her to the point of being obnoxious. It'll probably be a 13ki who'll get it.
ImageImage
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Riho has been my favorite member for some time now, so this is a blow. I loved watching her and Ayumi work together. To me they are the core of the group. I was sure Kanon Suzuki would go first. The group will survive without her. But I will be somewhat disoriented when I finally see a performance without her. I haven't seen the new girls enough to grasp what their impact on the group will be or what strengths (weaknesses?) they bring.

Granted, I won't feel the full impact of Riho leaving for another year or two since I have so much to catch up on and it's likely that everything I watch with MM will still have her in it until sometime in late 2016. Heck, I only recently finally watched Sayumi's graduation concert (covered in my latest blog entry).

Still, I'm sad, especially since it's implied that she's had some problems lately (first I've heard about them was this thread). I love that girl. She infused MM with new blood just when the group needed it most. One of the most dynamic single performers the group has had since...Maki?

Last edited by Madara on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

The new ace must have some ability to sing, and must be somewhat popular, and must be respected by other members. So it can't be Ayumi (can't sing for her life), Sakura (not popular), Masaki (too....wild?). Haruka may be able to sing but her voice doesn't leave any impression whatsoever. It will most likely Mizuki, which makes my head ache just to think of having to see her boring face and listening to her boring singing all the time.
Last edited by smtmissin on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The more I think about it, I doubt any of the existing members will be crowned the "ace". The role will probably be divided mostly between Sakura, Kudo, and Mizuki, with occasional appearances by Masaki and Zukki. I expect an audition will be held in the near future for the purpose of finding an "ace".

Which brings up another question: what role, if any, will Tsunku play in future MM auditions?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shiroi" data-cid="192459" data-time="1446146797">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="192448" data-time="1446137116">
Is Thea still alive tho?
</blockquote>

</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="192461" data-time="1446147482">
</blockquote>

Thank you, you three, for considering me. I saw this when you all posted it, and it really warmed me, but I was in such a state that I avoided everything on the internet after the initial meltdown. I've been crying all day, depressed all day. Now I've settled into numbness. Contemplating my being as a fan of H!P.
[/quote]

I was thinking about you to Thea. Of course you were the first person, but I was in the middle of work and it was a crappy time for me. But I realized we weren't facebook friends (I thought we were) so that's the first thing I did. Seems quite a few people are worried about you. But I'm glad you're doing okay, as to be expected.

On the bright side, because YOU ALWAYS need to look on the bright side of things. She's staying IN Hello!Project and unlike Aika, they will do something with her talent. I think Up Front would have weighed all the options before allowing Riho to graduate from the group. So, while she's leaving Morning Musume, she isn't leaving forever. Just taking a break, regroup herself and come back even stronger. As a fan, you need to believe this is the case because she hasn't said otherwise. She's spent her entire life working towards something and she's not about to up and leave never to be heard from again. So I suggest, read what Riho's got to say, understand why she's doing it, and go from there with your feelings on the subject. 

And I don't think Tsunku had much involvement in the last MM audition aside from the usual make some notes pass them along. He was in the middle of his treatment when the last ones were taking place so I think all in all they will remain the same. Taisei on the other hand, he'd be an interesting replacement for Tsunku if they need a "voice". 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I don't have much to add to this, except for that I liked her when she joined. But since I haven't been following MM much, I have no hard feelings.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Thea, I know I've said this elsewhere, but if you need to talk I'm always around.  It was just over a year ago I was in a similar position (and a decade ago that my first oshi was graduating the semester before I was studying abroad) so I understand to at least some extent.  But like Q said, at least she'll still be H!P, so even if she leaves for a while she'll be back. :)  I have of course left the fandom before (well, MM, not H!P as a whole), but it always draws you back in.  I remember arco struggling when sayu left, but he stuck around and found other members worthy of his love.  BUT if you need to step back for a while of course you need to do what's best for you.

<3
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki