Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

Post by Solarblade »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1451867405" data-cid="194033" data-author="JPope">Here's a list of the girls who have left MM since just prior to the addition of the 9th Gen:

Miki Fujimoto
Eri Kamei
JunJun
LinLin
Ai Takahashi
Aika Mitsui
Risa Niigaki
Reina Tanaka
Sayumi Michishige
Riho Sayashi</blockquote>
Someone doesn't clearly fit here xD *cough* Mikitty
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="JPope"]

<div>I'm trying to wrap my head around this concept of hoping that the most talented girls don't join Morning Musume. I mean, I get that management fucks up way more than they get it right, but why hope for them to purposely get it wrong? Shouldn't they be praised when they do get it right? </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I want the most talented girls in MM. I don't just want the next Maki Goto, I want the next Ayaya, Miki Fujimoto, Ai Takahashi and Yuko Nakazawa, too. Outside of Nonaka's english, the 12th gen has been a colossal bust so far, but we're stuck with them for probably the next 4+ years. Hopefully one or two of them grow into competant singers, ala Risa.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Here's a list of the girls who have left MM since just prior to the addition of the 9th Gen:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Miki Fujimoto</div>
<div>Eri Kamei</div>
<div>JunJun</div>
<div>LinLin</div>
<div>Ai Takahashi</div>
<div>Aika Mitsui</div>
<div>Risa Niigaki</div>
<div>Reina Tanaka</div>
<div>Sayumi Michishige</div>
<div>Riho Sayashi</div>
<div> </div>
<div>With the exception of JunJun, Sayumi and Aika, that's a pretty strong collection of singers (for idols)*, and it's a nice ratio of bad-to-good/great talent. The worst of the remianing seven is clearly Riho, but she's probably middle-of-the-pack of the group historically. The point being that by replacing their most talented girls with mediocre and poor singers, that ratio has pretty much flipped from 60%+ good-or-better to 60%+ average-to-very-bad. The only girls in the current group who can hang with the 70% above, in my mind, are Sakura, Kanon, Kudo and Masaki, and even they would fall toward the bottom of the list.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>So long story longer, if H!P has good-to-great singers in their own stable, I want them in Morning Musume. They didn't add Ruru to either of the Factories, so they're saving her for something, and it ain't a solo career (it's not 2000 anymore). Adding her to MM makes so much sense that it will probably never happen. </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>*All of those strong singers managed to be strong singers despite being members of Hello! Project. Fans have been saying H!P can't develop talent since at least the 5th generation, and while there is truth to that, the fact remains that real talent tends to shine through in any situation. H!P -- and Morning Musume in particular -- offers young Japanese girls one of the best opportunities to gain exposure and a foothold in the entertainment industry. How is it that Morning Musume would hold Ruru back compared to other companies not run by Aki-P?</div>

[/quote]

I think people are just thinking what's best for Ruru and not Morning Musume. I mean you don't think Ruru could do better than being an idol though? Ruru isn't that cute and if she's unpopular she might get to sing as little as Lin Lin did.

Idols don't have very long careers and her post idol career (if she has one) would probably not utilize her singing. Also, look at Airi, she really could have been something. I think it's really sad how her talent wasn't fostered properly. 

Ruru seems to have demonstrated how much being an idol is important to her by dropping out though. If that's what she wants, Morning Musume is probably her best chance. 
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Interesting how you conveniently forgot Koharu in that list... :D

But yeah, I agree. I find it a little funny that we all complain about bad singers in H!P, but when there's a potential REALLY GOOD singer a lot of people don't want her in... I know I said no Ruru but I don't think I would complain if she got in, because there's still potential for her to get a jump-start on a singing career and then graduate to do bigger and better things, like Morning Musume members used to do.
Last edited by WonderBuono on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="JPope"]

<div>I'm trying to wrap my head around this concept of hoping that the most talented girls don't join Morning Musume. I mean, I get that management fucks up way more than they get it right, but why hope for them to purposely get it wrong? Shouldn't they be praised when they do get it right? </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I want the most talented girls in MM. I don't just want the next Maki Goto, I want the next Ayaya, Miki Fujimoto, Ai Takahashi and Yuko Nakazawa, too. Outside of Nonaka's english, the 12th gen has been a colossal bust so far, but we're stuck with them for probably the next 4+ years. Hopefully one or two of them grow into competant singers, ala Risa.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>*All of those strong singers managed to be strong singers despite being members of Hello! Project. Fans have been saying H!P can't develop talent since at least the 5th generation, and while there is truth to that, the fact remains that real talent tends to shine through in any situation. H!P -- and Morning Musume in particular -- offers young Japanese girls one of the best opportunities to gain exposure and a foothold in the entertainment industry. How is it that Morning Musume would hold Ruru back compared to other companies not run by Aki-P?</div>

[/quote]

I'm kind of scratching my head at this attitude too - part of what has allowed Momusu to stagnate so much to begin with is the lack of vocal talent or a "superstar".  Riho was cute and passionate, but she weren't no Takahashi or even Kamei.  Same goes for Sakura.  Plenty of the current girls have their charms, and Oh My Wish showed us that Masaki/Haruka/Zukki can handle themselves very well when given the chance, but it is undeniable to me that there is some key element missing.

Now, I'm not as easily sold on Ruru as others - the only clip that impressed me was Good Bye Natsuo.  But she'd definitely be a step in the right direction and seems like she takes her skills very seriously.  I would not be against her addition at all - it's time for H!P to get something right and I ain't gonna throw the towel in just because they've been fucking up lately.  I'm totally fine with these auditions as long as we get someone capable and charismatic.  People keep bringing up other career avenues but female solo artists are not doing well in Japan right now, and being in some ***48 group would mean she'd never get a chance to sing solo lines anyway - so H!P really ain't too bad.

On a side note, I honestly believe Linlin being Chinese was a bigger part of her not getting to sing than her looks LOL.  Wota were literally protesting outside the UFP building when it was announced that Chinese girls were being added.  Don't forget, wota constantly make fun of Sakura, call her ugly, say she looks like a Noh mask, etc.  But she's still a front girl!
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="JPope"]
All of those strong singers managed to be strong singers despite being members of Hello! Project. Fans have been saying H!P can't develop talent since at least the 5th generation, and while there is truth to that, the fact remains that real talent tends to shine through in any situation. H!P -- and Morning Musume in particular -- offers young Japanese girls one of the best opportunities to gain exposure and a foothold in the entertainment industry. How is it that Morning Musume would hold Ruru back compared to other companies not run by Aki-P?
[/quote]

I don't think people are saying that Ruru would be better off in a 48 group or a Stardust group or another company that could offer her more to do, but rather she's too talented to waste her time in a career where she'll peak at 18 and be considered old at 25. Especially because there's not a lot of opportunity in a post-idol career. You can probably count on one hand people who have done better if they were in a mid to high-tier group.

Also, I wouldn't be so sure that Ruru is getting in because she didn't make into the Factories. People were SO sure that Rikako was going to be in MM and she ended up over in Angerme. Same with Murota. She wasn't a lead vocalist waiting to happen and still isn't but still. H!P has thrown almost all of their most popular and talented trainees into other groups lately. MM are still top-dog when it comes to sales but I don't think UFP considers them the above and beyond priority anymore.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="194039" data-time="1451869435">People keep bringing up other career avenues but female solo artists are not doing well in Japan right now, and being in some ***48 group would mean she'd never get a chance to sing solo lines anyway - so H!P really ain't too bad.</blockquote>Even if it's not popular at the moment, it could change in a couple of years. By that time, she still wouldn't be too old to debut as a soloist.
Besides being a soloist isn't the only possible avenue.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="194039" data-time="1451869435">On a side note, I honestly believe Linlin being Chinese was a bigger part of her not getting to sing than her looks LOL.  Wota were literally protesting outside the UFP building when it was announced that Chinese girls were being added.  Don't forget, wota constantly make fun of Sakura, call her ugly, say she looks like a Noh mask, etc.  But she's still a front girl!</blockquote>Ouch, that hurts.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I don't predict a revival in the market for female soloists in Japan for quite some time, but of course none of us can predict the future.
I just don't see ending up in an H!P group as instantaneous career suicide, especially since Ruru's vocals are definitely not at the tier where I would say she'd make a great solo performer anyway.  A few years actively promoting as part of a group could be exactly what she needs to hone her skills.

And yeah, it sucks but the nationalist 4chan crowd tends to quite frequently overlap with the idol wota crowd.  Some truly disgusting things were said about JunLin's ethnicity back in the day.
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="194045" data-time="1451871487">A few years actively promoting as part of a group could be exactly what she needs to hone her skills.</blockquote>But once an idol, always an idol.
Again, that's if she cares about singing. Unless she could find a niche like musicals like Meimi is doing (well, I hope she is able to).

Being an idol is a safe career though. UFP will probably employ her still afterwards even if it isn't the best work.
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

My question is why all of you think they would add a not-so-pretty girl that can sing, like Ruru, only to push her to he back, not let her sing, and not get many fans because she isn't pretty?
Also, Ruru could be the Sakura of other group, wota don't think she is pretty but they still give her lines because she can sing. But they already have one Sakura in MM so I don't think they would force Ruru to the front-row with Sakura either.

I bet for Ruru not getting into the group too.
Image Hey
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Derby"]
My question is why all of you think they would add a not-so-pretty girl that can sing, like Ruru, only to push her to he back, not let her sing, and not get many fans because she isn't pretty?
[/quote]

To be fair, that's exactly what they did with Chisato in C-ute.  She was always miles better than Maimi at singing but didn't start getting more than one line per song (IF that!) until a few years ago.  For a long time she was relegated to group lines only while Maimi got to assault our senses with her strained, thin and pitchy vocals.  Similarly, Zukki is one of the best singers in the current line-up but because of her weight, even girls like Ayumi and Haruna were often getting more solo parts than her. :(

I can't even say whether or not she's pretty - the idol makeover works wonders and she's definitely at that awkward age, so I can see her potential to be cute.  In terms of being conventionally attractive, I always thought Sakura was more striking than Riho tbh.  Just shows how much people's tastes can differ.

I won't be surprised if they don't add her, H!P loves to waste extremely talented eggs (Saho Akari!!! I get mad every time I think about it! I still dream of a S/mileage without that goblin Ayaka) but I wouldn't be against them adding her either.
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Her looks would be a lot less of an issue if she wasn't cross-eyed. She's plain regardless (but that hasn't and is not stopping other idols, in and out of H!P) but there's not a lot they can do to fix that. But Maria and Mizuki have kind of wonky eyes too and no one cares so maybe it's not that big an issue. 

I don't actually know how the wota feel about Ruru but I recall her doing well in the fan vote at the last test recital thing they had? Maybe I'm misremembering?
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I have to wonder how much wota popularity even changes things at this point.  After all, Haruka has consistently been in the top three sellers at H!P stores yet was shoved as far to the back of the group as they could get her for years.  Makes me wonder how front girls are really decided.
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Probably depends on just HOW wota popular you are. Other than Masaki and Sakura, all the other girls that get a lot of lines/face-time in MM are the top girls, so Haruka is just kind of the one left out. I guess the others had qualities they wanted to push (Mizuki's gravure, Riho's dancing, Ayumi is basically a Riho clone, etc. and Sakura is the best singer) and Haruka didn't? Other than her looks everything else about her has always been kind of middle of the road. And while Riho never developed into a great singer, her stamina got a lot better and Haruka's has always kind of been garbage and hasn't really improved much.

I don't know. We could speculate about it all day.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Eh, I would not consider Haruka's voice to be "middle of the road" in the context of the current vocal line-up at all.  She is a better singer than pretty much every other girl in the group besides Sakura, even if she can get a little breathless (but really they are all terrible to do that, ESPECIALLY Mizuki).  I've never been impressed by Riho's stamina because she always sounded like she was literally in pain after about two or three songs.
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, but that's more a testament to how awful most of them are as opposed to it meaning she's really good. It still fits in with my theory of her not really having a specific quality they'd like to push when compared to everyone else. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="194033" data-time="1451867405">
<div>

<div> </div>
<div> </div>

[/quote]

I'm kind of scratching my head at this attitude too - part of what has allowed Momusu to stagnate so much to begin with is the lack of vocal talent or a "superstar".  Riho was cute and passionate, but she weren't no Takahashi or even Kamei.  Same goes for Sakura.  Plenty of the current girls have their charms, and Oh My Wish showed us that Masaki/Haruka/Zukki can handle themselves very well when given the chance, but it is undeniable to me that there is some key element missing.

Now, I'm not as easily sold on Ruru as others - the only clip that impressed me was Good Bye Natsuo.  But she'd definitely be a step in the right direction and seems like she takes her skills very seriously.  I would not be against her addition at all - it's time for H!P to get something right and I ain't gonna throw the towel in just because they've been fucking up lately.  I'm totally fine with these auditions as long as we get someone capable and charismatic.  People keep bringing up other career avenues but female solo artists are not doing well in Japan right now, and being in some ***48 group would mean she'd never get a chance to sing solo lines anyway - so H!P really ain't too bad.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, MM is honestly probably better than AKB4 for a more average looking girl, because she'd just languish in the back forever there. And Sakura is proof that girls who are considered to be less pretty (I'll never understand how Sakura is considered to be anything but pretty, but I digress) can still take a large role in MM. Even if she never became the Ace, having strong singers in supporting roles is good thing. 

If there is a solo idol revival in Japan, I fail to see how being a member of Morning Musume would be a detriment to one becoming a solo idol.

For those of you who don't want Ruru to join MM, what is your ideal situation for her? If she's too ugly to be an idol ( i disagree), then what entertainment/singer avenue is she pretty enough for? If she's too good a singer to waster her talent in an idol group (like Farrah, I need more proof that she's not just really good for an idol) then what route would you prefer she take? 

It seems like she has her heart set on being, not just an idol, but a member of MM. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Interesting how you conveniently forgot Koharu in that list... :D

[/quote]

Ha ha! I actually left her out because she graduated a few months before the Pandas.

And yeah, Mikitty. Oops, lol!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="194064" data-time="1451883351"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="194039" data-time="1451869435">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="194033" data-time="1451867405">

I'm trying to wrap my head around this concept of hoping that the most talented girls don't join Morning Musume. I mean, I get that management fucks up way more than they get it right, but why hope for them to purposely get it wrong? Shouldn't they be praised when they do get it right?

I want the most talented girls in MM. I don't just want the next Maki Goto, I want the next Ayaya, Miki Fujimoto, Ai Takahashi and Yuko Nakazawa, too. Outside of Nonaka's english, the 12th gen has been a colossal bust so far, but we're stuck with them for probably the next 4+ years. Hopefully one or two of them grow into competant singers, ala Risa.

*All of those strong singers managed to be strong singers despite being members of Hello! Project. Fans have been saying H!P can't develop talent since at least the 5th generation, and while there is truth to that, the fact remains that real talent tends to shine through in any situation. H!P -- and Morning Musume in particular -- offers young Japanese girls one of the best opportunities to gain exposure and a foothold in the entertainment industry. How is it that Morning Musume would hold Ruru back compared to other companies not run by Aki-P?
</blockquote>

I'm kind of scratching my head at this attitude too - part of what has allowed Momusu to stagnate so much to begin with is the lack of vocal talent or a "superstar". Riho was cute and passionate, but she weren't no Takahashi or even Kamei. Same goes for Sakura. Plenty of the current girls have their charms, and Oh My Wish showed us that Masaki/Haruka/Zukki can handle themselves very well when given the chance, but it is undeniable to me that there is some key element missing.

Now, I'm not as easily sold on Ruru as others - the only clip that impressed me was Good Bye Natsuo. But she'd definitely be a step in the right direction and seems like she takes her skills very seriously. I would not be against her addition at all - it's time for H!P to get something right and I ain't gonna throw the towel in just because they've been fucking up lately. I'm totally fine with these auditions as long as we get someone capable and charismatic. People keep bringing up other career avenues but female solo artists are not doing well in Japan right now, and being in some ***48 group would mean she'd never get a chance to sing solo lines anyway - so H!P really ain't too bad.
</blockquote>

Yeah, MM is honestly probably better than AKB4 for a more average looking girl, because she'd just languish in the back forever there. And Sakura is proof that girls who are considered to be less pretty (I'll never understand how Sakura is considered to be anything but pretty, but I digress) can still take a large role in MM. Even if she never became the Ace, having strong singers in supporting roles is good thing.

If there is a solo idol revival in Japan, I fail to see how being a member of Morning Musume would be a detriment to one becoming a solo idol.

For those of you who don't want Ruru to join MM, what is your ideal situation for her? If she's too ugly to be an idol ( i disagree), then what entertainment/singer avenue is she pretty enough for? If she's too good a singer to waster her talent in an idol group (like Farrah, I need more proof that she's not just really good for an idol) then what route would you prefer she take?

It seems like she has her heart set on being, not just an idol, but a member of MM. </blockquote>

I don't think she's too ugly to be an idol. I know she definitely wasn't too popular when she first joined KSS though. Personally I want her to end up in a group like Little Glee Monster that markets themselves as strong singers. Her talent would be used in that case.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Farrah"]
I don't predict a revival in the market for female soloists in Japan for quite some time, but of course none of us can predict the future.
I just don't see ending up in an H!P group as instantaneous career suicide, especially since Ruru's vocals are definitely not at the tier where I would say she'd make a great solo performer anyway.  A few years actively promoting as part of a group could be exactly what she needs to hone her skills.
[/quote]

As far as I can see, this is what she wants. Don't get me wrong--I believe she loves MM. But to be offered the chance to be in Kenshuusei is actually somewhat of a big deal. Actor's School Hiroshima wasn't really even too fawned over until Perfume really started taking off. Girls go to Actor's School Hiroshima, of course, to gain performance skills... But for many girls, it's to break into the idol business. Numerous idols have come from this school--Perfume and Riho being two of the biggest. People come to the semi-annual "concerts" to scout pre-debut idol material. 

Ruru could have joined a more "traditional" performing arts school. She chose to go to Actor's School Hiroshima. Both her and her sister want to become idols... To be given the chance to train in a real atmosphere under a well-known company is something she wouldn't pass up. To debut in this situation is also something she wouldn't give up. 

My point is (that I made before), she obviously isn't worried about being "limited" or being a backround girl. She wants the experience of being a professional. To say that she shouldn't join the group just because she'd be underused doesn't make sense to me. Now if someone has other reasons, like straight up not liking her, thinking she wouldn't fit in, etc., I understand. But stop worrying about what you want her to do and worry about what she wants to do.

=3
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mizura"]I don't think she's too ugly to be an idol. I know she definitely wasn't too popular when she first joined KSS though. Personally I want her to end up in a group like Little Glee Monster that markets themselves as strong singers. Her talent would be used in that case.

[/quote]

That's fair, although from Ruru's point of view, what do you suppose seems the more attractive option: joining an new unit with no history or joining Morning Musume? 

Also, I want Morning Musume to be the idol group that is known for strong singers. 

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="194045" data-time="1451871487">
<div>
[/quote]

As far as I can see, this is what she wants. Don't get me wrong--I believe she loves MM. But to be offered the chance to be in Kenshuusei is actually somewhat of a big deal. Actor's School Hiroshima wasn't really even too fawned over until Perfume really started taking off. Girls go to Actor's School Hiroshima, of course, to gain performance skills... But for many girls, it's to break into the idol business. Numerous idols have come from this school--Perfume and Riho being two of the biggest. People come to the semi-annual "concerts" to scout pre-debut idol material. 

Ruru could have joined a more "traditional" performing arts school. She chose to go to Actor's School Hiroshima. Both her and her sister want to become idols... To be given the chance to train in a real atmosphere under a well-known company is something she wouldn't pass up. To debut in this situation is also something she wouldn't give up. 

My point is (that I made before), she obviously isn't worried about being "limited" or being a backround girl. She wants the experience of being a professional. To say that she shouldn't join the group just because she'd be underused doesn't make sense to me. Now if someone has other reasons, like straight up not liking her, thinking she wouldn't fit in, etc., I understand. But stop worrying about what you want her to do and worry about what she wants to do.

=3

</div>
</blockquote>

Fans are selfish, so I get that part of it. Me wanting her to join MM is selfish, but it happens to coincide with what she seemingly wants. 
Last edited by JPope on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm pretty indifferent to this.  After being a fan almost fifteen years I've come to expect things like this.  ANd yeah I mean the fact that platinum era went so long without any major shakeups was basically a freak event.  I'll always be bitter JunJun and LinLin never got to be senpais.  Anyway, I personally hope only one, MAYBE two girls joins.  I remember being upset about 11th gen auditions just because I had finally learned everyone after leaving the MM fandom for a few years and then Sakura ended up being my favorite almost right off the bat.  Same with ANGERME third gen...so I will go into every audition with an open mind.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

[quote="yuzu"]
I'm pretty indifferent to this.  After being a fan almost fifteen years I've come to expect things like this.  ANd yeah I mean the fact that platinum era went so long without any major shakeups was basically a freak event.  I'll always be bitter JunJun and LinLin never got to be senpais.  Anyway, I personally hope only one, MAYBE two girls joins.  I remember being upset about 11th gen auditions just because I had finally learned everyone after leaving the MM fandom for a few years and then Sakura ended up being my favorite almost right off the bat.  Same with ANGERME third gen...so I will go into every audition with an open mind.
[/quote]

Meeting Sakura in person really sold me on her. She's like a puppy that should be protected at ALL cost. I liked ANGERME's third gen immediately. ANGERME is now a group in which no one seems out of place. I miss LinLin :crying:

I want fresh faces in MM and not eggs...maybe the 15th gen when they add new eggs to the carton and train them. :sideways:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mizura"]

I don't think she's too ugly to be an idol. I know she definitely wasn't too popular when she first joined KSS though. Personally I want her to end up in a group like Little Glee Monster that markets themselves as strong singers. Her talent would be used in that case.

[/quote]

So this post got me to check out Little Glee Monster, and yeah... wow. 
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Holy crap, Little Glee Monster is amazing. New favourites.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="193967" data-time="1451752591">I hope Kamei Eri gets through the auditions this time.</blockquote>Please.
I started watching a bunch of videos on youtube from Rival Survival and Pika Pika. I felt like crying, lol.
The level of the performance from the group back then was so much better.
Also, nothing has filled the void that Eri left. :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:

I'm very indifferent to this audition and have little faith we'll ever get an ace worth admiring again, but I don't mind being surprised.
rabbit reverie
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

12th gen is the first generation that Tsunku didn't pick and definitely the most underwhelming generation. I can't believe they've been there for a year already. There are no stand out girls among them which is a shame.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

There is no way Ruru will get into Morning Musume with a busted face like that.  I understand that a lot of people think Sakura is ugly (I'm not one of them), but if they are harsh with Sakura's looks, I can't even IMAGINE what they'd say about Ruru (or are already saying about her).  Girl has a great, powerful voice, but does H!P want a repeat Sakura situation?  I challenge someone to photoshop Ruru's face with makeup (heavy eyeliner, etc.).  I'd be curious to see what she looks like.  It freaking worked wonders for Okada Yui.

Also, I thought I was maybe one of the only ones who didn't really know much about 12th gen girls.  I kinda know the girl who speaks English, but the other three are like, non-entities to me.  So underwhelmed by 12th gen.

Also, graduate Erina plx.  For 13th gen... hope they pick just one girl.  

kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

I'm kinda indifferent to the whole audition/graduate Erina/Ruru thing, but really, couldn't they have given us some time between lineups?  When that next single gets released, the news is all going to be "this is their last single as a 12-person group, what are your thoughts about the audition/candidates?" and we get a whole soap opera.  

Not that H!P is devoid of soap operas, but really, I just want a nice single promotion where we don't have to discuss graduates or auditions, especially with how Riho represents 'the end of the ace era' or whatever they're calling it this week.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

[quote="kitaoji"]
I'm kinda indifferent to the whole audition/graduate Erina/Ruru thing, but really, couldn't they have given us some time between lineups?  When that next single gets released, the news is all going to be "this is their last single as a 12-person group, what are your thoughts about the audition/candidates?" and we get a whole soap opera.  

Not that H!P is devoid of soap operas, but really, I just want a nice single promotion where we don't have to discuss graduates or auditions, especially with how Riho represents 'the end of the ace era' or whatever they're calling it this week.
[/quote]
We're going to pretty much get a year, and maybe a 2017's winter concert, with this lineup so based on 2015 we'll get two/three double or triple a-side singles so that's not really bad.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

I was bored and tried too. I altered her face to be more skinny too..

I feel like it's beyond hope. The angle of her eyes are just serious weird.
rururegular_meitu_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rabbit reverie